Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Paying half of the bill for Valentines Day meal      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 76
Paying half of the bill for Valentines Day mealPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
maybe what we need is to phuk like minks
----------------------------------------------
Would that be before or after the meal? I'm hoping after because I need to be wined and dined to get in the mood. Lobster and red wine really get me going. Trust me, I'm worth it. I will make all your dreams come true, but after you make mine come true. Why does it have to be like this you ask? It's tradition handed down from generation to generation. Ladies first, silly girl.
 lovestotravel333
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Paying half of the bill for Valentines Day meal
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:02:59 PM
I always spilt the bill with my man. We celebrated on Sunday and i know he doesn't make that much money, so I just spilt the bill with him. Times have changed. Ladies have jobs too now. When it comes to love, we cannot get caught up with money. You have been dating him for 3 months.. you should know each other fairly well by now. Dont give him such a hard time. I understand that everyone else is getting spoiled on Valentine's day but you have to try and look past that. Did he at least get you a card? maybe flowers?
 goodbyegirl76
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:28:11 PM
Yeah I'd dump him. I assume that was gonna be 'ur gift', dinner. If you had to pay for half of it in order to get him to go....he is not worth it. I assume that you got him something? Yeah, I know it's corny but men will not be afraid to put forth money in order to make themselves and their women happy. he is basically saying that you are not worth buying a meal for. Cheap. Very cheap. I have seen it happen with other people, they guys get cheap and then they stop putting forth effort in other areas of the relationship too.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:46:13 AM
Yeah, I know it's corny but men will not be afraid to put forth money in order to make themselves and their women happy. he is basically saying that you are not worth buying a meal for. Cheap. Very cheap.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Did you actually ask him? He told you he's happy as hell participating in this holiday? You gave him an option? You said, honey, I know you love me because of your actions everyday of the year. We could just stay home in each others arms and this would make me happy. He then said, Honey, I want nothing more than to buy us a meal to make us happy. And you said, Do you really mean that Sweetheart? He said, Absolutely, the alternative is to be here in each other's arms. (ONLY KIDDING)

My money is on you not giving him this option, and that he would catch hell if he ever said anything other than what you want. I don't agree with you, I think he is afraid. That's why he participates in this one-sided holiday. I'm sure it's not because he's tickled pink.

People eventually talk about not going overboard on Christmas shopping. Not valentines's day though, that's the holey grail of true love.
 soulsmilin
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:51:47 AM
Just to add my voice to the masses...

You made him go out, against his will, you should pay all, now if he'd managed to get you to stay home, he should of cooked, that's the compromise you get what you want but you have to put something in.

V day is more expensive for everything, but you should not be sat fumming the rest of the year, tell him its important to go out and do stuff, take in turns at least once a week to pick an activity, and do something fun to encourage him to go out, bowling, speedway, paintball, etc.

IF HE'S STILL NOT UP FOR IT, FIND OUT WHY, OR MOVE ON, CAUSE IF AFTER THREE MONTHS ING ANY ATTEMPT TO MEET YOU HE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/17/2012 6:21:08 AM
I think the man should pay, especially if the relationship is new. Yeah, if you have been dating for a while, then its ok to split the bill. But don't be a cheap **stard. Even if she did ask to go out, you should pay.
 toycelica
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/17/2012 6:49:48 AM
very selfish and since you wanted to go out you should of insisted you paid the full bill your lucky you got half lady
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:04:00 AM

You were kind of selfish in my opinion. Ever think the reason he didn't want to go out was he may have been broke that day and only had 20 bucks left to his name?

Just me I think that if you are broke dating shouldnt be one of the things you do. BUT that is just me.
 toycelica
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:07:44 AM
thats right go take my pup for a long walk will enjoy it more lol
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:29:43 AM

$43 for a meal on VD?? What a rip off, considering that the two of you could have spent no more than $10-$13 at McDonald's. Two double cheeseburgers, a large fry and a drink would have done it. And don't forget about dessert.

Jeez, now I feel like I got ripped off at White Castle, the bill was $20!
Whine whine whine, I hate Valentine's day

The fact that people are arguing over a completely meaningless day is quite funny to me. Best time of year to peruse the forums!
 Savona
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:00:47 AM
Ya know I can't say for sure as.this wouldn't happen to me. He isn't the type of man I would date.

What I do find interesting is on another forum with many of the same posters the women and men mostly say the opposition there.

It's like women here are so afraid to be called a golddigger for being taken out for a meal. And that the men don't want to appear used. It must have been those huge money bashing threads that were on here back in the day.

Like who pays for coffee.

If I'm with my sweetie during valestine day I'm getting taken out on the town. I'm going to get all dolled up for him. Have a nice c0cktail ready for him and a tray of something special before we go out. I'm gonna say wow thank you so much for the flowers sweetheart and put them in a vase and show him my thanks and how beautiful they are.

Then I'm going to give.him the swell silk tie I bought him and out we go for a.romantic evening. When weight back to my place oh la la do you think he will notice the chocolates I out on his pillow? Probably not.

MikeWM
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:44:08 AM
Maybe things would be much simpler if she just gave him a price list for her services and an hourly rate for him spending time with her to be paid for in either cash or gifts?

Obviously she doesnt place any value on spending time with him it would seem

So giving him a detailed price list would seem the best option, as that works pretty well for all the other hookers I've known

That is what we call a woman who expects men to spend money to spend time with her isnt it?
 Savona
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:27:19 AM
^Maybe things would be much simpler if she just gave him a price list for her services and an hourly rate for him spending time with her to be paid for in either cash or gifts?

NOW who said that?

Obviously she doesnt place any value on spending time with him it would seem

I DIDN'T get that impression at all. You invented this.

So giving him a detailed price list would seem the best option, as that works pretty well for all the other hookers I've known

SO NOW you are calling the op a hooker right?

That is what we call a woman who expects men to spend money to spend time with her isnt it?

NOW is that so.

^^^ya mike why don't you tell us?
 johnnylange
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:16:12 AM
I'm confused now, if things are so great then what's the problem?
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:24:38 AM
So if a girl expects the guy to pay for dinner then she is a hooker? Honestly if I went out on a date with a guy and he told me how much my half was, I'd pay my half and leave. Apparently some men don't know how to be a gentlemen. If you feel that you are being used cause of that, then you shouldn't prolly be dating.
 StevefromUpland
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 11:42:20 AM
There is also something to be said about being a lady and not demanding things. That's very unladylike. But of course everyone always focuses on what is required of a man.

I suppose you get mad at your friends too when they give you a birthday present out of the kindness of their heart and it isn't expensive or good enough for you?
 SpringfieldLady65803
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:25:57 PM
It's leap year already. You should pay it all if it was your suggestion. He will suggest dates that he can afford, then he should pay. Or, you can agree on a "Dutch Treat" and then forget about it. You are making yourself anxious by thinking about it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:26:34 PM

coderedjulia1:
Honestly if I went out on a date with a guy and he told me how much my half was, I'd pay my half and leave. Apparently some men don't know how to be a gentlemen.

Is your middle name Goldigger? So your purpose for dating is to get free meals and drinks? You shouldn't prolly be dating.
 Paderic
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:40:47 PM
So if a girl expects the guy to pay for dinner then she is a hooker? Honestly if I went out on a date with a guy and he told me how much my half was, I'd pay my half and leave. Apparently some men don't know how to be a gentlemen. If you feel that you are being used cause of that, then you shouldn't prolly be dating.

First off, if a girl expects a guy to pay for dinner, she shouldn't persuade him to go out by offering to pay her half.

Secondly, I don't think in this day and age being a gentleman means always picking up the tab. The way I operate is that I always pick up the tab. After two or three dates, if the woman hasn't offered to pay for anything, I don't ask her out again. I'm looking for an equal partner, not a dependant to claim on my taxes.

That doesn't make me any cheaper than the woman (who hasn't contributed a dime).
 seventiesbaby2
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:45:56 PM
If he didnt have money to go out to dinner you dont go. If he cared about you and you were special to him I am sorry to say he would have saved for the day like many men i know do . You obviously feel bad about this and that he didnt pay for you. Next time dont suggest going out if the man dont want to. He didnt want to go out to eat.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:49:05 PM
Maleman 99: My middle name isn't gold digger. I have paid for dates before. I HAVE BOUGHT GUYS DINNER AND DRINKS BEFORE. I'm simply saying on the first date, you should pay. I'm not a gold digger, you are just cheap and prolly just trying to get down a girls pants. So how about you shut your mouth. You don't even know me.
 shygirl413
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:16:54 PM
I wouldnt go out with a guy and pay on valentines day ,. thats just me.. sounds like you forced him to go out and he didnt want to go. Thats never a good thing to do. Maybe this guy dont like you that much if he didnt save to take you out.. you ever think of that?
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/17/2012 2:52:39 PM

maybe what we need is to phuk like minks

Psst; you're forgetting to use your 'inside voice' again. yup; we all heard/saw that thought

Naughty

SweetLilGTP
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/17/2012 3:02:25 PM
The way I operate is that I always pick up the tab. After two or three dates, if the woman hasn't offered to pay for anything, I don't ask her out again.

Gotta tell yas buddy; I dont even do that anymore. Generally (now) we START at Dutch; and as we build trust in each others intentions and company, you will notice me starting to just cover the umbrella, or full cost.

Your method got way too expensive for me, and actually got to be embarrassing.

Truthfully, if sex and/or getting to be close to a charming gal was to be my "reward"; renting a hooker and having her do exactly as I say, while I did exactly as I wanted to do, and having her leave when I wanted.... would be far more worth it.

Nah; a girlfriend is what I am looking for now, not a "lady" I've invested in on my arms.

Whoreshops never advertise "women"; they always advertise "ladies".

(wonder why)

So if a girl expects the guy to pay for dinner then she is a hooker?

Payment for her company?

Naaaa; nothing LIKE a hooker. (nothin at all)
 x_file
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/17/2012 3:15:23 PM

he is basically saying that you are not worth buying a meal for. Cheap. Very cheap.

Oh, thank god for your brilliant wisdom! What would mankind do without it!

Are you not capable of comprehending that the very thing you are saying applies to women too?

Can you not see your hypocrisy? When a woman doesn't pay, isn't she saying he's basically not worth buying a meal for? Why does your logic apply to men, but not women?

Care to explain or are you just full of hot air?

I have seen it happen with other people, they guys get cheap and then they stop putting forth effort in other areas of the relationship too.

Who among us is the cheap as.hole, the guy who pays for dinner, however much, or the woman who doesn't spent a penny on the date, who thinks the guy should pay for dinner, and who gets offended when someone suggests she pays for half the bill? Seriously! Unreal.

Personally, I don't see why you couldn't have paid for the whole meal and told him"Happy Valentine's Day, honey. THis is my treat. Thanks for coming out with me tonight."

It is what I would do! But only for a woman who would do the same for me - not because she owes me, or because of some rule, or because I paid before, or because she wants to do something nice for me, or show me appreciation - but rather because she simply wants to, is the type of woman she is and perhaps because she enjoys my company. And guess what? In this case, I would pay the bill before she even gets a chance to see it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Paying half of the bill for Valentines Day meal