Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Music taste...a turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 x_kags_x
Msg: 51
Music taste...a turn off?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
If there is one thing that gets on my nerves (ok ANOTHER thing) it's musical snobbery. A good song/tune to an individual is one which they like for whatever reason. I like all sorts of music and am happy to compromise about listening to another's preferred choice yet find that a lot of men are very narrow minded about music and only listen to one or two genres. Then worse, they criticise everything you like! My last boyfriend would only listen to rock and roll which is not my cuppa but it certainly didn't cause any issues between us. I've plenty of pals I can attend gigs of my choice with. And plenty of time I can listen to the music I enjoy.. unless of course you are joined at the hip to a partner. If you can't find a compromise CD in your collection to listen to at dinner then I guess there is a problem!
 zedhead
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Music taste...a turn off?
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:11:57 AM
And some men who like Westlife/Erasure/Joe McElderry

ive seen those men!!!.i support brighton and hove albion...hahaha
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:13:07 AM
scottishtexan well me and the shivstar will attend any venue but we wear out ipods .
madness noticed while playing there normal shit we were on dance floor headbanging with each other ,
They dj came down to investagate and learnt the hosts were rockers so now they are warned play rock or ipods go on
you do realise there was sepret meets for rockers shivy took over the madness meets so the rockers all started mingling with there fellow fish .
We probably are the largest bunch of muppets on pof lol .
You
scottish texan are now a muppet you dance with us lot your in our bunch .
you going sat we are selling the boys as slaves for charity frank and all the guys are going xxx get adress from shivy it will be mental.
and a dj to warp
frank now loves rock so folks are easily warped lol

*\
**\
|||
|||
||| ... METAL...
||| ... RULEZ...
|||
|||
|||
||| .... /*|
||| ... /**|
||| .. /***|
|||_ /****|
|||******/
---*****/
*******/
******/
******\
*******\
********|
¯\******|
.. \*****/
 stonecastle
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:14:54 AM
I used to like punk rock a lot. Here are punk legends Circle Jerks with an old classic punk song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUj-ByRJKug
 Frankh45isnotsingle
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:23:51 AM
Hey Scottishtexan Bambi thinks I like rock after seeing Shinedown last week, but she didn't notice I had my iPod on listening to the Sugababes throughout the gig, a trick I learnt from Madness meets lol
 x_kags_x
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:27:08 AM
Erm guys ... going off the subject a tad here?
 zedhead
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:38:48 AM
Erm guys ... going off the subject a tad here

threads go off on various tangents..the problem is????.if you want to go back to post one.if the person i was meeting/dateing didnt like my music..well tough bollox really.cos thats what i like and thats what im gonna listen to.end of.
i certainly wouldnt say..i cant live up to your expectations.hahahaha..the bloke needs to grow some balls
 pauline2012
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:49:26 AM
Everything goes off tangent on here at some point

My favourite bands are, the Mary Chain, I like Lloyd Cole, I also like T-Rex, the Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen, midnight oil, as I said before I have various ac/dc albums. Ive got some Duran Duran in my music collection from way back, bit of Visage, the B52s. Its easier to ask me what I hate (Elton, Queen) as my music taste is quite varied. I will also openly admit to liking some Oasis (not Blur though) and some indie music. I also don't mind cheese like Girls Aloud, for a reality band, they are ok at what they do.
 ScottishTexan
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:49:47 AM
I still blame Bambi.

On topic, as long as it isn't country music, we don't have a problem.
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/20/2012 9:00:17 AM
ok on topic my musical tastes are a turn on for those who like my musical taste lol .
Not my fault
t texan your going on sale any more lip lol .
frank you lie lol

ScottishTexan
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/20/2012 9:03:30 AM
On topic, we are all crazy no matter what music we listen to.

Bambi, I thought you were trying to raise money, not scare people away.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 9:15:49 AM
Anyone that starts singing “Achy Breaky Heart” is a NO NO! for me!
 indigovelvet
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/20/2012 9:33:03 AM
^^^^ Fly Me To The Moon has that effect on me.
 Vestan__Pance
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/20/2012 11:35:00 AM
@msg51: I'll openly admit to being a musical snob. I tend to love music or hate it with a passion. There is no middle ground.
 Ant2312
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:07:53 PM
I couldn't be with someone who played rock or indie all day and I wouldn't go near a goth or emo
 Vestan__Pance
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:14:49 PM
Goths, drools. My preference would be rock/punk/goth ladies. Not so many of them when you hit your late thirties though, just like I no longer have the long hair and bikers jacket etc. We seem to go into hiding in our 30's although a few relics still stand at the bar in the Solid in Glasgow!

My worst case scenario would be a techno loving, hip-hop and pop fan. I can see my ears bleeding in pain already.
 zedhead
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:17:59 PM
I couldn't be with someone who played rock or indie all day and I wouldn't go near a goth or emo

and they prob wouldnt go anywhere near you!!.from the msgs on here though.scotlands rock scene seems a lot better than englands..my fav was always hungry years rock club in brighton not there now...rip the years

as for ant..just saying the girls that are into rock etc wouldnt be into you..if your gay thats your perogative

Ant2312
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:21:14 PM

and they prob wouldnt go anywhere near you!!

oh dear, took it personally did you?

Well you'll be glad that I'm not gay so why would I wan't to be near you anyway?

If reading the forums affects you so much then maybe you shouldn't be on them

no you weren't just saying, you got upset, hence your use of an exclamation mark
 x_kags_x
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/20/2012 12:27:11 PM

threads go off on various tangents..the problem is????.

I didnt have a problem.. or a clue what they were talking about as it was all private jokes etc but I wasn't being very serious about it.. it's just a forum
 helen1981
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/20/2012 2:40:02 PM
Actually i rarely ever listen to music I certainly don't just sit and listen I always do something else while I'm listening. So it is not a particular type of music that I find a turn off it's more when music is put on and the conversation gets ruined because everyone just sits and listens. I know I'm on my own on this one though
 Tuskadero
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:59:52 PM
Richard clayderman...hmmm...bad....must utube that to remind myself/similar musical tastes are positive.
A long car journey with someone...anyone who likes music you dislike is going to be a strain,,never mind the ****in ho's etc...of rap..

Also it depends how much you are into music...if you just like having the radio on in the kitchen, well, thats miles away from playing yourself and having a musicians interest in the quality of playing.

I could see problems for a guy if he rocked up to a girlfriends house if they were folkies playing together and banged on about rap.

The profile statement.just make this up...."like all kinds of music from the 70's to the charts" is meaningless....The more someone is into music the more pernickety they are.
Helen, the worst conversation stopper I've found is TV : )
 mazeyh
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:07:54 PM
The profile statement.just make this up...."like all kinds of music from the 70's to the charts" is meaningless....The more someone is into music the more pernickety they are.

Yeah well that's a bit like saying " I love books, me" isn't it?

You'd have to pay me to read Dick-ens ( which is complete and absolute heresy to some of my friends)

Tuskadero
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 5:02:03 PM
Love...
Walking......to the tea shop........... munro bagging , scrambling, or mountaineerin?

Meals....mushy peas?............................ veggie, indian, carribean, saltfish....Yum !

Wine....white. sweet, british?........................red, white ,grenache, or charrdonneh?

Film....Crash bang wallop ?............................................................................, indie?

Politics..Left.................................................................................................or Right?

Of course

love will conquer all........................................ ......... naieve.recipe for disaster?
 *rem*
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 5:50:27 PM

Fly Me To The Moon has that effect on me.

After your comments about Rick astley (and the above) I thought i'd be open minded and check out what stirrs your soul, namely Rachmaninov Piano Concerto no. 3 in D minor - I. Allegro ma non tanto..
Guys and girls.. Don't do it! I took one for the team so you don't have to.
Les Dawson used to get laughed at for doing exactly the same thing!
 bulldog_ben
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:22:54 PM
Why did you feel the need to mention the fact he is white? Are we aliens to you or something?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Music taste...a turn off?