Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 slpboo
Msg: 126
is pof only for sexPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Do you "own" your man or something? If Abelian isn't using his account for any unsavory extramarital bullmalarkey and just to keep up on the forums, why should his fiance have a problem? The forums can be addicting and entertaining.
 PretzelLogic101
Msg: 127
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/27/2012 7:57:05 PM
People wanting sex? on a dating site?? no I refuse to believe this. This simply cannot be true!
 jonvas
Msg: 128
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:12:59 PM
I don't know who you all have been dating but I have dated 4 women on here and was intimate with one whom I dated for almost a year. We developed a relationship first.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 129
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:16:57 PM

I don't know who you all have been dating

I've been dating whoever will actually show up live.

coastalmermaid
Msg: 130
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:26:53 AM
It's interesting that some guys on here seem to take immediate offense when we women write about our actual experiences on the site. Just because SOME of us women have had not so great experiences with SOME men on this site in no way presupposes we are making judgments about ALL men on this site.

Personal experience is what it is. I most certainly would wish that most of my experiences had been with genuine honest caring men who wanted to get to know me first before offering their 'services'. However, that is not my own personal reality.

No matter what I say in my profile...it's been revised too many times to count...or what pics I have posted...the offers still abound. When turned down they immediately accuse one of "not liking sex" just because I don't want it with them.

Yes there are nice normal men on this site and I have chatted with many. Personally I'm looking for someone who wants to know me first as an individual worthy of spending time with before beginning a physical interaction. I guess I didn't get the "memo" either.

It's been my own personal experience that the majority of men who contact me are:
1. fresh out of a long term relationship
2. are in no way ready to form any kind of new long-term friendship
3. have no idea who they are as individuals separate from their estranged partner
4. are alone and missing the regular sex they had in said long-term relationship
5. decide a great place to get that sex is from the online world
6. figure most of us women are on here for the same reasons as them

I feel I've had more than my fair share of sexual propositions. Receiving messages such as, "I want to do you and 2 of your friends"...wow isn't this guy energetic or what? is tediously boring and receiving them I pretty much would rather pluck out my own eyes than enter into any kind of communication with said morons.
 socoole
Msg: 131
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:54:41 AM
I thought I was the only one feeling like that it give me hope it might get better if I talk about it glad to see I am not by my self
 damsel19
Msg: 132
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:59:42 AM
They dont read a profile obviously as you cut out just about everybody with that list!!!.
Men want sex, women want sex. That is the way it is. If a guy is keen he will wait until you feel comfortable, if not, you have lost nothing. This site is known for the sleazies and I get more messages for sex here than any other site. It is a free site so dont expect anything.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 133
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:19:08 AM
Come on, seriously, this kind of thing only happens in TV shows, not in the real world. Doing the naughty and looking for the naughty is so 1990's.
 That_girl*
Msg: 134
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:09:52 AM
Jesus an the lines are so lame some cant be serious to actually think a woman is going to be like wow you look like a serial killer an just told me you have a big d ick OK sure here's my address..

i mean is that suppose to be the panty dropper line these days? i have a big d ick or even better dam girl i could give you the time of your life..come on you really think your about to get laid with cheesy s hit like that..honestly plus most women know the braggers an big s hit talkers are the worst..

ive lost track at the amount of crappy 1liners ive gotten in the past week some of yal dont even try ive seen male hamsters put more effort into chasing around a female hamster

then some of the guys who come off thinking that all i got to do is email her an tell her i wanna fuk an she will be mine no questions asked..an then your mad because she wasnt thrilled that you wanted to grace her with your 3minutes of woo an passion..

how bout you go clean yourself up go groom bath shave an get a hair cut then go jackoff for some release regroup your conversation an words an come back an try it agian..

your not ordering off the menu an you cant talk at people an then be angry that a woman doesnt want to talk to you or just gives away the p ussy to you on demand..

i dont understand why get mad at the woman,,your the 1 who approached her looking like an talking like a jackass you should be mad at yourself,seriously..

help me to understand because i dont get the thought process seems to me if your really going to go after a female or females you would put some kind of effort into your appearance approach an conversation an be real about what you want out of life an what kind of relationship you want with her or them..

an if you 2 are not on the same level an there's no mutual intrest or attraction an both of you do not want the samethings keep it moving..

im lady like an unlady like i am not what the news an society would ever call the perfect woman in looks an personality.. but i do exspect that if a man is serious about wanting to actually get to know me or atleast be my friend or even want to talk have

drinks an see where things could go that the man would actually put some real effort in not crap 1liners or just send nude pics an then go on about how he can do this an that for women an how he's the best lover ive never had..news flash your not impressing anybody with all that..
 Amor_Meu
Msg: 135
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:20:27 AM
Oh Wow and wow,so did you get that POF MALES?? I did and am watching very close this thread right here...because then I know anyway but hell yeah for sure that what don't write to all of you ladies on this site.

Am sorry to hear all of yours bad,rude and disgusting experiences with males on this site but as I say NOT all men are the same...each individual has a different way on how to behaviour,on how to approach,on how to send an email and on how to TALK with all of you women.

So please never,ever think that WE are all the same on this site or in the real world,good luck.

Break Dance 4 Life!!
 That_girl*
Msg: 136
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:38:14 AM
@ Amor_Meu

i know not all men are the same,,
an i didnt say all men are or do things like this

but the ones who DO come off looking like an acting like a jackass an then are shocked or mad that a woman doesnt want to talk to them or automatically give them the p ussy
should be mad at themself for coming off like that to anybody at that..

NOW
if i was to send out emails saying dam baby your sexy how much money you make whats your pin number i wonder just how many men would be like OK ill tell her ill give her some money but only because she said i was sexy an she asked me for it..

see how stupid that would be vise versa..
 dan88anew
Msg: 137
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:53:49 AM
Sure plenty of people male and female my age who just use PoF as their personal hook up site.

Sat by my friend who would just send out the same message to every women until one responded and he met and slept with alot of people off this site. They just blanket message people till they get a bite.

But its not only for sex, I certainly dont use it to get laid. And i know others irl who have used it and ended up with boyfriends / girlfriends from it.
 ATLDude88
Msg: 138
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/28/2012 3:37:55 PM
Usually the tards that can't spell simple words correctly are the ones that veer towards hooking up. I avoid those...
 wildandfreee
Msg: 139
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 4:04:50 AM
@post38
"If it is, I must be doing things wrong. "

Pingshooter
Msg: 140
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:45:22 AM
Wait...

POF is for..sex?

Why didn't someone tell me that...sigh...dayum..

catlady333
Msg: 141
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:38:12 AM
right? they should call ALL dating sites BOOTYCALL.com cuz thats ALL guys are looking for
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 142
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:56:32 AM

right? they should call ALL dating sites BOOTYCALL.com cuz thats ALL guys are looking for

Oh nice, generalizations.

In that case I should be happy about my current situation of being pretty much nothing but a booty call for a female I want to be in a relationship with.

Meanwhile the reality is I'm sitting here hoping maybe eventually she'll change her ways(which she probably will never actually do) and praying to Cthulu that she'll want to be with me as more than an occasional fling.

If only we could avoid generalizing either gender based on a few outliers that tend to be a extremely vocal minority.

I guess that's too much to ask for that we avoid sexist generalizations on both sides of the fence.

It's only 11 AM and I swear I don't have a drinking problem unless a lack of faith in humanity is a precursor to one.
 smilingrock
Msg: 143
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:25:29 AM
So at my age I feel like Im in a used car lot looking for the right fit. A test drive is required before I buy the car...
 catlady333
Msg: 144
view profile
History
obsolete
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:35:29 AM
u need to be on bootycall.com,sir...u know,the skank site.btw...use a condom so u dnt end up giving a honest woman aids
 catlady333
Msg: 145
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:40:05 AM
oh come off it. ive been on this site 5 months,as soon as the guy learns im not 'putting out' right away,he stops calling me. true,i admit there are skanks out there as well, but the majority of women are not skanks...or else this thread topic wouldnt be here...
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 146
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:42:58 AM

or else this thread topic wouldnt be here.

Or you and the OP and anyone validating this thread could stop being sexist as shit by saying ALL men are looking for hooku;s .

But I suppose we all know that isn't going to happen.

littlepurpledress
Msg: 147
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:04:30 AM

Or you and the OP and anyone validating this thread could stop being sexist as shit by saying ALL men are looking for hookups

While I personally don't think all men are looking for hookups or even most men are, I would tend to agree that more men than women are okay with a sexual hookup without it leading to more. That doesn't mean that a person who has "looking for LTR" on his profile and then does a pump and dump is a loser lying douche, but it could mean that the man is open to an "LTR" with the right girl and is perfectly okay with screwing women he knows doesn't fit that criteria.

So while I don't agree with the thesis of this OP, I do think that a woman is more likely to find a man who is nominally looking for an LTR but willing to bang what is available than the reverse.
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 148
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:34:47 AM

I would tend to agree that more men than women are okay with a sexual hookup without it leading to more.

That's the thing though, because the other posters have alluded to ALL or MOST men as wanting sexual hookups, which is just blatant sexism.

In my experience I actually know more women than men and most of my guy friends are all in relationships, pretty much none of my female friends are interested in actual relationships.

That doesn't mean I'm going to jump to conclusions and say that ALL or MOST women just want sexual hookups.

I love how I get told to step off for pointing out the sexism, I'm pretty sure most females would have an aneurism from having a thread full of guys making stereotypes about females.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 149
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:28:29 PM
Seems like it. I don't mind a sexual hookup but if the guy asks me if I want to have fun at his place before we even meet then there is a problem..lol
 Nyte2008
Msg: 150
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:55:19 PM
In the last 4-5 years yes.

When I first used it, not really. But once all the losers started getting wind of this site due to popularity, that's when the stream of horny perverts came on the scene and trashed this place.

POF was sooooooo much better back in the day. Most of my dates the last few months have had the quintessential line uttered "so... I hope you know I'm not looking for a long term relationship."

Being the prude I am (lol), I've turned down every single one and have since quit POF (except for the amusing forums).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex