Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Kevin Rudd!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lusta69
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
thanks for your opinion and just like you and your dog kevin I am entitled to an opinion NEXT MINUTE along you come as you seem to frequently do in your troll like way and put people down or dismiss their opinion?? what gives?? you correct grammar! how grown up and better than most you are......not.Is a forum a place for discussion and opinions or is it for people to get their biased political views across... just like pauline I will say please explain
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:23:35 PM
Caves, I thought I was offering an olive branch to you in that post. Never mind I guess, I understand it can sting to be so cataclysmically wrong.
Also yes it was entirely my intention to provide a running commentary on political events. Which is pretty much been the purpose of this thread all along.
But I suppose my opinion of lusta69's extremely well-thought out and delicately argued post that wasn't a carbon copy of his previous post in this very thread was a little out of line. I'm sorry lusta69, wish you all the best in your search for that elusive mature BBW.:)

Now back on to the topic!

Campbell Newman looks to be losing ground is his fight for the electorate of Ashgrove. The Labor candidate has just popped ahead according to a poll released last night.
Finally Queensland offers up something of interest!
 lusta69
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:33:37 PM
your original post heading was Kevin Rudd so please do get back on topic if possible.I thought Campbell Newman was in a different party to K-Rudd but once again the wisdom of your youth has shone through yet again correcting everything,crossing the t's and doting the i's.

p.s please give the furry kevin a pat for me
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:37:31 PM
John Howard is also in a different political party to Kevin Rudd but it didn't stop you from nostalgically serenading him a few posts back. But if you want a link between K.Rudd and Campbell Newman, Rudd has campaigned in Ashgrove loads of times. Happy?
 lusta69
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:42:36 PM
thanks.....does this mean i win
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:47:41 PM
Uh yeah sure.

Bob Carr (the guy taking FORMER FOREIGN MINISTER KEVIN RUDD's place) was officially endorsed today! Heckled by some nut who called him a "Zionist puppet".
Rumour has it the heckler was Eric Abetz.
(note: because I don't want to be sued I should be clear it was just another random crazy person, not Eric Abetz).
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 3/11/2012 5:56:05 PM
Queensland goes back to what it does best - bashing gays!

http://www.news.com.au/national/katter-party-attack-ad-slams-campbell-newman-over-gay-marriage/story-e6frfkvr-1226296732883

Bob Katter is an ignoramus and his supporters are obviously a bunch of middle-of-the-road fascists who miss Joh. Well, most of them (sorry qldblue).

Oh well, at least Campbell Newman won't win his seat.
 CavesBeach
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/14/2013 6:24:08 PM
my old china plate, it has nothing to do with bashing gays or Queensland.
the wiggles could have got in if they weren't in the labour party

it seems almost certain extinction (not just failure for labour) a fitting reward for the caucus Rudd Coup d'├ętat .

I think it this is all to do with seizing power the way she did, and from that moment on she was destined to fail as PM and nothing short of ending taxes will get her in next year....even then. has nothing to do with being woman or good or bad policies. radio broadcasters have no respect for her

next 3 months are gunna be fun.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:57:54 PM
[He just has a poisonous effect on anyone around him. Frankly I'm astounded he still has a wife but I suspect his constant travel might have something to do with that - she gets him in small doses.]
Are you for real !!!!
Poisonous effect! he kept a very close eye on his party and made sure they gave 100% no free rides with him.
you imply his wife is not smart enough to know what he is up to (good or bad) when he is not at home? either watch tv or read the papers she is a very smart woman in her own right.
remember abbot said howard was the best leader we ever had now remember work choices ?
or the GFC abbot kept say "don't spend" the gov. put millions into saving jobs, then when the treasure was acclaimed over his actions abbot then said "spend spend spend"
ok so I will not vote for this gov. as I think she has lost the plot and I cant stand the way she got in but neither will I vote for a howard in sheep's clothing.
and don't worry Rudd will not kick Gillard out as who want to be the jockey on this dead horse?
 gingerosity
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:16:30 PM
H.L. Mencken on Elections, Politics and Government

1. Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.
2. A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.
3. A politician is an animal which can sit on a fence and yet keep both ears to the ground.
4. Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
5. Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.
6. Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage.
7. Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
8. Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.
9. If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner.
 qldblue
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/17/2013 6:11:54 PM
Gillard tried to play the Sexist card and it appears to have had a negative outcome for her as in a Nillson Poll showed that a lot of males have left the Labor Party.

I am all in favour of women being in high profile positions but my biggest angst is having people in positions that they would never achieve based on their abilities.

This new and ever failing Political Correctness of having a percentage of people who do not have the ability to run a department being placed into positions is causing more problems for the Australia than it is worth.

Yes I have worked with women bosses and some of them have been very good and extremely competent in their roles and I have also had male bosses who really would be hard pushed to tie their own shoelaces with assistance.

Let's be honest and admit whether it was Rudd or someone else, why would they challenge for the leadership of the Australian Labor Party at this point in time when it appears that the Federal Labor Party are doing their utmost to face a drubbing at the next federal election.
 3ffervescent
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 1:39:41 AM
Interesting stuff happening tonight...
 gingerosity
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 2:28:55 AM
Dominance displays only really interest those who participate in the social heirarchy. To the rest of us, it doesn't much matter which particular primate ends up claiming to have control of the machine.
 InvisiblyMe
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 3:10:22 AM
Unfortunately politics always ends up being about choosing the lesser evil, rather than the greater good, just by design.
Classic example of - 'when monkeys go bad'
 gingerosity
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 3:38:55 AM

Unfortunately politics always ends up being about choosing the lesser evil rather than the greater good, just by design.

My only political regret is that in my naive youth I used to think making this choice did more than just validate the corruption and coercion of the status quo. The several formal votes I gave back then will always haunt my conscience.
 InvisiblyMe
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 3:49:47 AM
Makes you wonder what would happen if everyone just said "no"....empty ballot boxes wouldn't bring change either. Change takes time, entropy is part of a natural process, politics is not a natural process, it never changes, just illusion, all smoke and mirrors and causes me to ramble and mutter.....mutter, mutter, mutter. :/
 gingerosity
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 4:25:38 AM
Makes you wonder what would happen if everyone just said "no"....empty ballot boxes wouldn't bring change either.

Empty ballot boxes aren't about change, they are about integrity. If you fundamentally disagree with the system, putting your vote in and legitimising it would be hypocritical. The system is held up by the illusion that it is legitimised by the will of the people, so removing that illusion through acting with integrity would probably bring about change anyway. Of course, they made voting 'mandatory' to discourage integrity.

Vote, or pay their little fine, or go to court and pay a slightly bigger fine plus court costs, or go to jail. There is no real choice possible, and therefore no real change is possible. You can change the badge on the car but you can't change the car... or choose the direction to go in. So the only way forward is to get out and walk. Voting informally is a reasonable option, another is to pay their little $20 fine. Lets face it, $20 for a symbolic protest and 20mins of your saturday back isn't too shabby. Don't worry about supporting them by giving them more money - they take whatever they want anyway so it makes no difference. It's the legitimisation that matters.
 InvisiblyMe
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 5:13:53 AM

Empty ballot boxes aren't about change, they are about integrity

That was my point, I doubt the current system would even recognise the integrity of an empty ballot box.
A different system? Maybe?

Me personally, I'm an edge dweller, I try to avoid as many monkey games as possible, my vote card usually reads - "can I have another question please?" Or "No thank you , not today" I go in mark off my name and try to leave my honest vote, because my integrity is my political preference.
But it's a silly game, started by silly monkeys, that I had no say it, but am expected to play, like so many other pointless games.... rambling again...and muttering... beam me up Scotty...No Kevin, go away!, I said Scotty!
 Scrawler
Msg: 94
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 5:21:19 AM
Given the age we live in, we should be voting on issues not people.
Up till 10 years ago, a referendum on any issue was unthinkable because of time and cost but now with almost universal mobile and internet usage, there's no excuse.
Technology has made the current system obselete in terms of efficiency
Every Australian should have the right to vote on countless issues, too many to mention and it's simple for anyone to press a yes or no if they wish.
We should be given real democracy like the Greeks had, which made the Greeks the most powerful nation in the civilised world. They voted on issues as well as leaders.

All we have now is a choice of two people, just the same as every other country with this two party system. We have no real say on a day to day basis.
Our "Democratic rights' don't let us have any real say in anything apart from kicking one party out and bringing another in.

Still, we have a better system than many. At least we can keep kicking them out.
 gingerosity
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/26/2013 6:12:33 AM

Every Australian should have the right to vote on countless issues, too many to mention and it's simple for anyone to press a yes or no if they wish.

You seem to be under the illusion that slips of paper or ones and zeros are somehow supposed to compete with piles of cash. Those with the money and the contacts don't need a button - they just call the right people and tell them what they want.
http://lobbyists.pmc.gov.au/who_register_clients.cfm

Still, we have a better system than many.

We have a system? Or a system has us.
 greyingred
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 7/2/2013 9:08:59 AM
Am I the only one who might see another senario as to the Gillard/Rudd do dah whatsit all about Alfie? There was a distinct possibility that Julia might not win the next election from the start of her Premiership...so less the stab in the back and more the behind the scenes manipulation from both labour factions with an agreement it was probably the best bet to get Rudd back in. Aussies like the underdog (so I have heard unless they are a tall poppy underdog eh?). So to avert the unthinkable of ratface, fascist getting in....do the coup thingy. Am sorry but having worked in politics not much is missed even if behind closed doors, at the risk of sounding paranoid, the whole place is full of spies, double dealings and shenanigans .Not lost on me that Rudd has tried to get women on board that might otherwise have been stupid enough to not vote Labour because of perceived shabby treatment of Gillard (personally think she is a remarkable, self contained, highly intelligent woman) by having quite a large (comparatively) female percentage in his cabinet etc. (suppose it is better than being in the closet). I am more inclined to think it is less internal backstabbing as flayling last gasps, triple dealing and a double bluff on the Media....bloody well hope they are swimming a marathon come September. In fact the timing of this bloodless coup was impeccable, just before the school...whoops parliamentary holidays and too late for Abbot to do anything about it. Very clever, devious but clever....so glad I left politics.
 Matapang
Msg: 97
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 9/7/2013 1:38:41 PM
How do you like the election results?
 gingerosity
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 9/7/2013 4:41:00 PM
Excellent!

MASSIVE swing of -16.83% voter turnout in a damning indictment of the system.
http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseTurnoutByState-17496.htm

Formal votes of just 10,570,813 out of 14,705,522 enrolled equals a HUGE 28.12% of those enrolled who said this farce is simply not good enough.
http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseInformalByState-17496.htm

Power to the people!
 Despickabill
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 9/7/2013 8:21:17 PM
I voted free Assange, they never put that option on the green paper, i figured they must of been to busy, so i added it myself..
 lostspirit1
Msg: 100
Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 9/18/2013 12:42:16 AM
Former PM'S, State Leaders... should not be seen and not be heard.

They have been sacked from there job by the public.

Nobody should feel anything for them. Rudd and those before him will receive more benefits then the honest ,average worker could ever dream of.

By the way Is Kevin Rudd related to the Joker????
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Kevin Rudd!