Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What is God ,Ghosts Spirits Made From ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LyamB
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What is God ,Ghosts Spirits Made From ?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I'd say:

45% lie
30% naivety
20% gullibility
5% optimism

I've watched so many documentaries, read so many books that I have past the threshold of 'believing'. I consider everything you stated supernatural or fictional.
 *rem*
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What is God ,Ghosts Spirits Made From ?
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:51:35 PM

I think that science is based as much on belief of this dimension as any other belief. I find it amazing how science is considered fact when it's only our interpretation of this dimension, the limit of our experiences. Spirit isn't of this dimension so can't be fully explained by our science as much as anyone tries. The best thing a spirit ever told me was that death is nothing like anyone thinks it is.

Best answer so far. I wasnt gonna be the one to bring up quantum physics. If you consider E=MC2 then look at black/worm holes You'll know the former is a benchmark but by no means the limit of what the universe can do all by itself.
 marcochampo
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:09:22 PM

Best answer so far. I wasnt gonna be the one to bring up quantum physics. If you consider E=MC2 then look at black/worm holes You'll know the former is a benchmark but by no means the limit of what the universe can do all by itself.

+1
i quite like the idea of quantum physics , being used to answer the question of what god/spirits are made of ... as elements defy the laws of physics at this level.. ,also i suppose the gods /sprits ,could reside in a parallel universe , and be able to traverse into this universe keeping part of , or all of their chemical structure ,which is immeasurable using our science ..
 Jo van
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:23:11 PM
There have been some 'experts' in the field, who have speculated that the brain could operate on some quantum level, and they base this on the 'Bose Einstein Condensate" effect, of simultaneous synchronicity, which apparently, can be found to exist in nature, in some substances.

But 100% of all claims which have been investigated, regarding "spirits"/ghosts/gods/miracles/out of body experiences etc etc., ad nauseum, have been found to be subjective delusions at best, and outright frauds, at worst.

There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any of these ''supernatural phenomena" .

My invisible friend concurs.
So that's proof then.
 SwanSpirit
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:09:32 PM
"supernatural phenomena" ... I would rather turn that phrase on it's head and say nature is super and phenomenal and science knows about 0.00000001% of it which is why there is no 'evidence', 'evidence' being what 'science' deems as suitable and fit for human consumption and within it's limits of understanding ... bearing in mind my experiences are subjectively delusional and possibly fraudulent.

My head still gets battered at the concept that two objects of different energy vibrations/levels can occupy the same spacetime

Spacetime is our concept as science understands it ... to accept that science doesn't actually know it all and that possibly spacetime isn't as science sees it as will then open up the concept a bit more.
 SteveNaive
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:21:37 PM

I quite like the idea of quantum physics , being used to answer the question of what god/spirits are made of ... as elements defy the laws of physics at this level.. ,also i suppose the gods /sprits ,could reside in a parallel universe , and be able to traverse into this universe keeping part of , or all of their chemical structure ,which is immeasurable using our science

My head still gets battered at the concept that two objects of different energy vibrations/levels can occupy the same spacetime. What the boffins at CERN pull from the LHC in the next decade or so is going to change how everyone looks at life, the universe and everything else and as one poster mentioned E=mc2 is a benchmark and could yet be knocked on it's arse.
 *rem*
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:23:24 PM
We've been smashing atoms together for years. I think they already have a good idea and they won't be telling us in the next decade.
Personally I have more time for Tesla than Einstein
Credible professional scientific people have recorded UFO's travelling at 14000 mph then making a right angle turn. No matter where you come from and no matter what your technology, that isn't possible here. 'Here' being the operative word. Which ties in with something i saw with a witness.. It simply wasnt possible. Unless i (we) were fortunate to witness a window into an existance we know almost nothing about.
 marcochampo
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:52:06 PM
Bose Einstein Condensate which states when atoms are cooled enought they loose their identity they are every where but at rest at the same time.. as atoms need to be at extreme cold temperatures, which happens in deep space not naturally on earth.. it is unlikely for this to be the answer

however i do think there is still room left to explain this phenomenon of gods/sprits ,, having substance.. as yet our understanding of how matter works at its extremes is not yet to fully understood.. add to the mix chaotic , string theory and dark matter supposedly not containing any protons/neutrons ,, the possibility of an answer maybe within or grasp..
 SteveNaive
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:02:45 PM

Spacetime is our concept as science understands it ... to accept that science doesn't actually know it all and that possibly spacetime isn't as science sees it as will then open up the concept a bit more

A guy uses and old grimoire to summon a Demon, following the spell to the letter theres a flash and smoke and standing in the pentagram is an 8ft Horned, cloven hoofed, Red skinned fella wearing glasses and a suit.
The fella stares at the guy for 5 mins then bellows "I was just about to close a deal on a car you idiot and do you realise if I'm late getting home the wife is going to kill me".

In a multi dimensional multiverse all things are possible. Understanding it takes a better mind than mine
 *rem*
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:02:51 PM

Bose Einstein Condensate which states when atoms are cooled enought they loose their identity they are every where but at rest at the same time.. as atoms need to be at extreme cold temperatures, which happens in deep space not naturally on earth.. it is unlikely for this to be the answer

however i do think there is still room left to explain this phenomenon of gods/sprits ,, having substance.. as yet our understanding of how matter works at its extremes is not yet to fully understood.. add to the mix chaotic , string theory and dark matter supposedly not containing any protons/neutrons ,, the possibility of an answer maybe within or grasp..

Thats what i said!!
 marcochampo
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:20:15 PM
@msg35
i think it was just an overlap.. i was reading another article at the time ,, and yeah i think the idea has got some substance ,, certainly reading up on dark matter and our lack of understanding of it as Dark matter is estimated to constitute 83% of the matter in the universe and 23% of the mass-energy
 SwanSpirit
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:58:45 PM
A guy uses and old grimoire to summon a Demon, following the spell to the letter theres a flash and smoke and standing in the pentagram is an 8ft Horned, cloven hoofed, Red skinned fella wearing glasses and a suit.
The fella stares at the guy for 5 mins then bellows "I was just about to close a deal on a car you idiot and do you realise if I'm late getting home the wife is going to kill me".

Long time ago me and my brother Kyle here,
we was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road.
All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon... in the middle... of the road.
And he said:

"Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your soul." (soul)

Well me and Kyle, we looked at each other,
and we each said... "Okay."

And we played the first thing that came to our heads,
Just so happened to be,
The Best Song in the World, it was The Best Song in the World.

Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
One and one make two, two and one make three,
It was destiny.
Once every hundred-thousand years or so,
When the sun doth shine and the moon doth glow
And the grass doth grow...

Needless to say, the beast was stunned.
Whip-crack went his Whoopy tail,
And the beast was done.
He asked us: "(snort) Be you angels?"
And we said, "Nay. We are but men."
Rock!

Msg 38
Marco
Ghosts are the echos of spirits who were once in human form ... what you're talking about aren't ghosts, they are tension of vibrations between two dimensions, like two currents momentarily connecting, pulling on each other, then being pulled along their own way. A momentary connection of two dimensions existing in the same space.
 marcochampo
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:01:11 PM
@msg34

In a multi dimensional multiverse all things are possible. Understanding it takes a better mind than mine

with that being said and is a possibility, that in a multi dimensional universe , two identical events can happen in identical universes resulting in two different outcomes , could we rule out the possibility that these events could even cross from one universe to another ..by worm holes , resulting in the appearance of ghosts in this universe..
 SteveNaive
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:34:28 PM
Swanspirit, Tenious D are the true Gods of Rock

with that being said and is a possibility, that in a multi dimensional universe , two identical events can happen in identical universes resulting in two different outcomes , could we rule out the possibility that these events could even cross from one universe to another ..by worm holes , resulting in the appearance of ghosts in this universe

At our stage of Multi Dimensional understanding we can't rule anything out. Poor Schrodinger's moggy is both alive and dead until we open the box and observe. Do we need a worm hole? .The human brain can perceive certain frequencies of the EM spectrum ie Light but there are documented cases that some people have a perception of Geo Magnetic energy, electrical fields and ELF radio waves so in some cases maybe a persons wet web is attuned to a higher vibration and can act as a Dimensional Bridge.
 Pandora0237
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:05:15 PM
having read the thread, and been impressed by people s suggestions, I m still really unsure, and really not sure what to think

I do know that 'wish fulfillment' could apply to our need to create God, and maybe this could be applied to Ghosts and Spirits too in an attempt to make us feel that death is not the end, or we have not truly said goodbye to a loved one. If they have to have substance for them to absorb light for us to see them, is it possible that some people could imagine they see them, could certain mental/ physical factors be in play as with a mirage in the desert?? Or could they be a sort of hallucination, although not sure how that would work if its been filmed, but then how reliable is the footage.

I going to be reading people s thoughts with interest tho
 *rem*
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:12:52 PM
And thats what they're afraid of. Thats why we won't be hearing about any breakthroughs any time soon. Just the word government is laughable when you consider this.
 marcochampo
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:16:38 PM
@msg39

so if we are willing to pursue and further or understanding , with the possibility that indeed their might well be forces that are acting upon on us that we have yet to discover, and some people are more attuned to hgher vibration forces ..
wouldn't it be fair to say that maybe the religious interpretation may also be wrong ..
could be what has been thought of divine intervention or a calling ,,
may well be a transmission or contact from a parallel universe..
if you consider the parallel universe and apply the quantum theory then it would be possible to have two identical universes ,in a different time and space ,but co existing together as one..
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
@37

Marco
Ghosts are the echos of spirits who were once in human form ... what you're talking about aren't ghosts, they are tension of vibrations between two dimensions, like two currents momentarily connecting, pulling on each other, then being pulled along their own way. A momentary connection of two dimensions existing in the same space.

the problem i have with that satement is its subjective, and i think the only way of answering it is to disprove it, you say they do exist i say they don't ,we got stalemate.,,, this thread isn't to disprove/or prove the exsentce of spirits ,, but to ask whether or not god/sprits ghosts have substance..
 *rem*
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:19:29 PM
'is it possible that some people could imagine they see them, could certain mental/ physical factors be in play as with a mirage in the desert?? Or could they be a sort of hallucination'

Think of it more as a looking through a window on the side of a train tunnel. You dont know when to take the picture because you have a limited view left and right. But when you do take a picture... its just a blur
 marcochampo
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:09:37 PM
@msg37

Msg 38
Marco

however if you can tell me what these spirits are made of ,that would be a good insight
 SteveNaive
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:52:47 PM
so if we are willing to pursue and further or understanding , with the possibility that indeed their might well be forces that are acting upon on us that we have yet to discover, and some people are more attuned to hgher vibration forces ..
wouldn't it be fair to say that maybe the religious interpretation may also be wrong ..
if you consider the parallel universe and apply the quantum theory then it would be possible to have two identical universes ,in a different time and space ,but co existing together as one

I am more open to that line of thought than the concept of a bearded fella in the sky with a plan. Bit of a hyperthetical for you; If a being of a higher dimension and energy signature managed to bridge the gap to our lower dimension and manifested itself, We could speculate that the energy vibration of said being would interfere with the natural order of things in this plane of spacetime. So maybe a warping of photon particles causing an Aurora effect around the being, Maybe extending to geomagnetic distortion that causes the appearance of light flaring from the being like wings from the Aurora effect. If you were to observe this Being what name would you put to it?
 indigovelvet
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:11:49 PM

That's an interesting theory.... I do think that some people's brains are wired so that they are more susceptible to "believing" so they might well be more attuned to higher vibration forces...like you say.

I don't know the answer as to what god, ghosts, etc are made but there are a couple of theories that make sense... to me. I like Einstein's theory that when a person dies, the energy from their body goes where all organisms' energy goes...into the environment and lives on. I guess that as part of nature we are all connected to the universe collectively which must have a huge effect on the atmosphere around us.... and I'm not a fan of Freud but I do subscribe to his iceberg theory... that our conscious makes up a small part of who we are. In other words, the unconscious part of us is much bigger hence we are only ever aware of a small dimension of our reality at any given time... if you think of an iceberg where the vast majority of it is is buried beneath the water's surface, the water represents everything we are not aware of and havent experienced and hasn't been integrated into our personalities as yet and the tip of the iceberg is what we do know and is in our conscious awareness.... it's possible that instead of looking at that the idea of a parallel universe as being external it might possibly reside within but we haven't discovered the way to access those levels within ourselves....apart from when we are dreaming perhaps or some other significant incident...like near death.

I would love to think there are different dimensions of space which some people claim to have glimpsed into. I think we are close to discovering "the theory of everything" but I have a feeling we won't have to find it as in good time it will reveal itself to us. Having spoken to people who have experienced dying and being brought back to life and no longer being afraid of death because of what they saw and felt.... i think it just goes to show that science can't explain everything and that there is lot of phenomena out there which is very difficult to explain.
 SteveNaive
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:29:59 PM
@ 46 ^^^^^^^^^^
There is an ongoing study in NDE, a number of Hospitals have placed pictures on high shelves in operating theaters and critical care wards and anybody who has a near death or out of body event is interviewed on what they have observed during the episode.
 indigovelvet
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:37:45 PM
^^^^^^^^
that's interesting too. I know from the 2 people I've spoken to who both had near death experiences.... they both had such similarities in their stories it's impossible to deny there must be other dimensions out there.. or wherever.
 try1more
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:00:11 PM
there is something that i've wanted to explore but not spoken to anyone that seems interested, but as there do seem to be some interested here i'll give it a go.
what if we are symbiotic consisting of matter the thing you can touch and feel (always assuming you can get a date that is :-))
the other being the spirit if you like, the thing that makes us us.
science can see brainwaves etc, ok so they can see the effect but can they define the cause? can it say what makes us us, what life is, they cant create it, and only under certain conditions can they keep it going, they can keep the body fully functional using machines so it wont decay but it has no life, lights on but nobody home.

so what if from when the cells start dividing they attract the energy that will become the person.
there's more but i've just got home from work n it's time i went to bed, and besides maybe nobody's interested.
 sprite1950
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:39:20 PM
It would be interesting to know if anyone here has any personal experience of something that is hard to explain. The only thing that has ever happened to me is when I stayed in a bed and breakfast in bournemouth many years ago. I had hitchhiked there with my friend. The house was old and the lady who ran it had a young baby.

My friend and myself went out that night. She met someone so I came back to the b&b earlier. I was led in bed trying to sleep when something odd happened. The bedroom door shot open with such a force that I was frozen with terror. There were metal coat hangers on the back of the door and I remember them clanging as it opened. It was a warm summer night and there was no breeze. After a few seconds the door closed very gently, I could hear it brushing along the carpet. After an hour or so my friend came back and it didnt happen again. I remember thinking that something was going to happen to me and I was really frightened.

The next day at breakfast I asked the woman if there was anyone else staying there but she said no her husband was away and it was just herself and her baby.
To this day I cannot work out what happened although one thing that struck me as odd is why would my friend and I be the only people there on a warm summer night at a b&b in a busy seaside resort. Perhaps there was someone else there trying to frighten me.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What is God ,Ghosts Spirits Made From ?