Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If a woman is into you......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UK Deb
Msg: 26
If a woman is into you......Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
After 3 dates? Have you tried to kiss her goodnight? Even a small kiss? If she backs away then you are in the friend zone.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 27
view profile
History
If a woman is into you......
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:32:28 PM
everybody made some good points..this lady is from Brazil..so there is a cultural difference..but i always thought latins were more romantic and passionate..lol..
we have had 'the talk' about our pasts..she recently (2 months ago) broke up with someone she dated for 10 years..so obviously she needs time to heal.
I have moved closer..(the 90-10 rule) held hands..put my arm around her waist and moved in for a kiss several times..only to get 'the cheek'.
I guess i am a fill-in and certainly in the friend-zone, although she did pay for drinks on one occasion, and a dessert on another..so its not just a free meal ticket.
As for the 'hottie' on my main page.(unbelieveable what ppl. critique) .thats my sister-in-law...tyvm!! can we stay on topic?? LOL..
anyways, i have cooled it with this lady..no more dates..and much less texts, etc..from my part.I told her i dont want to be rebound guy..and once in friend-zone..always in friend-zone..she said..after 3 dates?? Whats my rush, she said? However, i'm going with my gut..and she needs time..ohh btw she teared up when discussing the 'ex'.so she's definitely not had full closure. Thanks everyone for their input.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/27/2012 10:51:33 PM
OP-I can only hope if you date another woman from the net you let go of expecting instant intimacy. I hope if you date another woman from a latin culture, you consider the level of familiarity she is accustomed to socially (getting to know an outsider takes time). I hope you realize that chances are women from this culture grew up in Catholic families (hint-they don't follow this 3-date rule). I lived there myself, speak the language and understand the way things like dating in places like Brazil proceed. True she is in America, but like many South American transplants who live in Fla, I'm willing to bet she largely maintains her culture of origin. If you want to date a Latina, you will most likely run into the same differences of opinion. You are just different, not better than because of those differences. Good luck to you....
 abelian
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:47:54 PM
put my arm around her waist and moved in for a kiss several times..only to get 'the cheek'.

Your wasting your time and you've been wasting it since the 2nd date. No one is that hot.

she said..after 3 dates?? Whats my rush, she said?

You should have told her that if she was really interested in you, that question would be a non-sequitur.

As for the 'hottie' on my main page.(unbelieveable what ppl. critique) .thats my sister-in-law...tyvm!! can we stay on topic??

It sort of is on topic. If you don't understand why having pictures of other women in your profile would be off puttig to women, it does't surprise me that you didn't figure out very quickly that you'd been friend zoned. It doesn't matter if it's your sister-in-law, since a woman who is reading your profile isn't likely to know that.
 jmark4
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:22:24 AM
these questions always crack me up. All women are not the same; all will react differently; and no there isn't a formula for the way they will act.

Try doing something that is really crazy; COMMUNICATE WITH HER and NOT with strangers on a dating site asking us to read the mind of someone we dont know.

If you can't communicate at this level with her, then move on because communication is key to a good relationship. Mind reading never works.
 Golfer4u2011
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:06:31 AM
abelian..usually ur pretty smart and most of the time ur spot-on.....but if you read the caption above that pic..it clearly states that it is my sister-in-law..
if a woman is somehow 'offended'..or 'off-putting' due to a pic. of 2 dogs and my sister-in-law..then i guess they're not for me.
I dont consider it wasting my time to put forth an effort requiring 3 dates..thats the bare minimum in my book..and i enjoyed the company even if it is in this case..a 'friend-zone'. I will and have already moved on.
 xlmagboy
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:10:35 AM
You could trade your convertable in for a Ford. Perhaps then she will want to be more than just friends.
 CalypsoRach
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:15:00 AM

abelian..usually ur pretty smart and most of the time ur spot-on.....but if you read the caption above that pic..it clearly states that it is my sister-in-law..

Talking from a women's point of view. I don't care who the woman is in the picture. It's enough that another woman is there. It would also be the same for another women. Works like that for guys too.

Why you feel the need to put your sister in law on a dating site with you makes my mind boggle.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:45:53 AM
There's no one size fits all answer here. Every woman is a unique individual. Listen and pay attention to her and you'll find your answers. Women have the same trouble reading us sometimes. It's because you are new to one another right now and learning each others ways. Enjoy the firsts. It's some of the best times. Why would you want to rush right through it?
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:58:05 AM
Much has been said already....sounds to me like youre filler....she's thinks youre a nice guy and surely she doesnt mind your interest in her, but she isnt really interested in you, except on Friday when dinner and a movie on someone elses buck isnt horrible....lol.

I'll admit that the hard part about dating....SOME women will say yes to mans advances and have NO interest in the man whatsoever, while men, in general, only pursue what interests them....kind of lop-sided, huh?
 abelian
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:17:13 AM

but if you read the caption above that pic..it clearly states that it is my sister-in-law..

You can't see the caption unless you hold the mouse over the photo or click on it. I know that I didn't always look at every photo, so women may just be put off and not bother to see that it's your sister-in-law.
 softy599
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:19:39 AM
In general I always think its odd when there is a picture of a women on a man's profile. BIG fan of the bar photo with the bud girl on his arm. Lovely.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 38
If a woman is into you...... how does she know both of them are the same man??
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:38:13 AM
"gourmetchef2012" said...

We went out 3 times and although she continues to text, her body language and such seem to indicate no romantic interest.

After only 3 dates, no one can really guess about the specifics of her interest in you except through the filter of their own personal bias, but it should be obvious that 3 dates is too slow for you and too fast for her.

so obviously she needs time to heal.

Then why don't you let her set the pace? Not good enough for you? Then find somebody who wants to move as fast as you do; leave her alone.

Fast foward to "Golfer4u2011" who said....

It's easy to not look at your profile(s), but I'm sure abelian will be smart enough to notice immediately that you just admitted to having two profiles here, and eliminate both of them for your systematic yet spastic trolling. It's too bad that your Brazilian gal only recognizes you from the one with the photos, but it would be great to know what kind of sucking up email she gets from the golfing italian stallion doppelganger.
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:43:01 AM
if shes not kissing u,yet, does she grab ur hand? or grab ur arm when walking? those are moves that she interested, without being overly sexual. so thats ur oppertunity to advance...
 Lukewrabrew
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:43:09 AM
One time I Made a move onto a woman and she hated me. Then I made a move and kissed a woman without her knowning and she loved me! So all I have to say is If you like grab her on her back look her in the eye and make the move! if she no like move on. SOrry.
 lightbrownsuga2luv
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:38:44 AM
Could be a little bit of everything you mentioned, talk to her next time you go out.
Are you really into her, or just wanting sex? I'm not sure where your thoughts are going concerning this women.
She may feel something negative from you and this might be her reason for not expressing any romantic feelings.
I pick up on men quickly, doesn't take two or three dates for me, if you don't know rather or not she's been hurt, heartbroken, shy etc, then you don't know much about her but your expecting something from her.
Well, we wouldn't have got to the third date.
 darknight48
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:40:03 AM
dont seem that into reading between lies /move on fella
 Pinky127
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/28/2012 8:32:12 AM
Hmm..................that's 'interesting' that Gourmetchef is also Golfer4u.

I wonder if Golfer4u always asks very crassly if you've "BANGED" them yet like Gourmet always does?

Bottom line is she's not interested and who would blame her.
 Fleuron
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:12:04 AM
Golfer4u2011:

OP, try to keep your multiple profiles straight. Hahaha… one profile has kids, the other doesn’t…and your “Italian Stallion” one lists you as four years younger, with no pics. Rocky Balboa you ain’t.

You should leave this lady alone. Nobody wants to be treated like a stereotype:

but i always thought latins were more romantic and passionate..

You mean you hoped she was easy.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:22:04 AM

Hmm..................that's 'interesting' that Gourmetchef is also Golfer4u.

Jeepers, how can that be? One is 4 years younger and several inches taller,
and one is an italian stallion when clearly the other is not?

Talk about webs we weave.

ahahahahahahahaha!

Greatcatch12345
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:43:21 AM
f.y.i the other profile is a good friend of mine..and we exchange messages..if you're too lazy to move the mouse over the photo..then shame on you..i really dont see the big deal..would u prefer i take my shirt off?? instaed of hammering my profile and pics..why not concentrate on my question ppl.?? I like the pic. with my sister in law...and the dogs..if a woman is somehow putoff by it..then believe me..she's not my type.maybe the rest of you have the perfect profile..or should i critique it as well??
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:51:54 AM
abelian..you got 1 pic..black & white..(went out in the 60's, man)..weak..very weak..and u boink..(professionally of course)..25 year olds..that almost half ur age..pluulleaseee..because ur a man?/its ludicrious what u ppl. choose to hammer someone about.i could go on & on..but please..Look in the mirror first...before you pass judgements.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:54:10 AM
Backpedal all you like goumet, but you outed your own second profile when you say:

in message 32. Tsk tsk tsk.

Is the stallion guy going to make an appearance as well?
 seventiesbaby2
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:13:10 AM
If a woman is into you she will respond to you. If you dont make moves on her she will eventually make them on you if you send signals your interested.
 gentleplus
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:59:48 PM
I agree with comments about the sister-in-law....

Many if not most women have self image/ beauty issues.... look at all the models and actresses that quite often have meltdowns due to these issues

The pic of the sister-in-law can create that cycle anxiety in a prospective relationship partner.... until she feels solid with you... exposing her to family members... especially attractive ones... can be a conflicting emotion when they are sorting out feelings just about you...

IMO
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If a woman is into you......