Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DLSituation
Msg: 51
What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I deactivated mine a year ago, and haven't missed it at all
 fat-trucker
Msg: 52
What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:35:50 PM

Otherwise it must be a kind of inverted paradise for those who are voyeuristic

Errr your on a forum,with profiles .
you got a blindfold on .

grim lifestyles and do their washing in public

from what iv seen..you`v done alot of that!
 Strider886
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:39:09 PM
If they don't want to use Facebook, that's fine by me.....

But it's really p1sses me off if/when they start spouting the Daily Mail esque, crap about stalkers, murders and pedo's and how people can take over your entire life and murder your family JUST because your on Facebook.
They clearly don't understand how it works, they fear what they don't understand and they're completely unwilling to learn or even listen to the truth.

If your careful and vigilant and don't befriend complete strangers, there's no problem at all.
 thynameis
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:18:20 PM
I think they're the lucky ones.. Lets face it they're not missing much

The only thing i do on facebook these days is just put bad jokes as my status, i'll admit some of them are in very bad taste.

I'd delete my account but i'd end up forgetting about all the birthdays
 helen1981
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:02:14 PM
I have a sister who lives in Hungary and work night shifts so to me it is an invaluable way of keeping in contact with her. I mainly use it for contact with friends and family I don't see much. I'm careful with my privacy settings and actually something that made me a lot more careful with what i write was my dad joining facebook there are some things you don't want your dad to know. I also use it for any campaigns I'm involved in. It's easy to spread the word about a protest/demo with facebook. As for the facebook haters judge me all you like but it won't stop my fun.
 pauline2012
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:17:26 PM
Trailer park trash and council house types like me, yeah rock on.

Seriously people have an issue with adults being on it but not kids? Well my view on that is that any kid who has a fb profile or any other social media profile should be supervised by parents.

As for the rest of it, if you like fb fair enough and if you don't, same. More things to worry about in the world than whether someone has a fb page.
 midsbloke
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:52:42 PM
I like facebook, I think it's a great way to stalk someone!!!
 lalby
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:00:32 AM
I agree with Pauline on the kids n facebook n stuff ,My sons have fb but they are older but i created the account its private and they are allowed to add school friends and family and thats it,and at their age they are a bit more sensible.

My younger sister had a bebo account years ago and it turned at 14 she was talking to people upto the age of 30 some 30 year old guy had been sending her messages that were not fit for a 14 year old,they gave me the creeps it was scary and for that reason i wouldn't let my kids have something i couldn't monitor.
 Geordie_Colin
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:04:41 AM
Not giving too much away about yourself on bookface is a skill that is near impossible to achieve unless you post bugger all.
 Easy-Lucky-Free
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:39:06 AM
I'd be happy for a potential date to read my facebook since it's all just inane "banter" with my mates anyway, but I'm not sure I'd want to read theirs if I'd never met them before - I can only imagine it would end up putting me off them sooner or later given the rubbish people tend to post on their walls.
 Waynie_Vunderba
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:13:42 AM
I think those that don't have Facebook are on the ball and haven't missed out on anything. I'm going to kick my own to the curb soon. It's had it's day in the sun I think.
 Vortices
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:39:09 AM
Never had one or wanted one,Not wanting to ever be part of this celebrity culture people crave on line.a thousand friends in fantasy land.
facebook for the lonely for the wannabe populists,get a real life tear down the wall.
 Easy-Lucky-Free
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:06:42 AM
[QUOTE]Never had one or wanted one,Not wanting to ever be part of this celebrity culture people crave on line.a thousand friends in fantasy land.
facebook for the lonely for the wannabe populists,get a real life tear down the wall.[/QUOTE]

Don't see how it's any different to posting on an internet forum like this one to be honest, apart from the lack of anonymity...

Like everything, it has its pros and cons... I find it particularly convenient for organising group events (nights out/football) and keeping in touch with people - especially if they live abroad.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?