Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Soon To Introduce Date to Parents/Family      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forums1
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How Soon To Introduce Date to Parents/FamilyPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm in CT, my parents are in NM, and my siblings are in OR, its 2-3000miles to visit any of my family, they're more than just a 'quick car-ride away'... to some extent its gonna be pretty well established by the time that happens.

That being said, if one of them called and my 'new SO' was there, I might let them talk for a bit... its nbd to me.

Kids, on the other hand, is a different story, especially young - there should be some time in there, they don't need to have a continuous string of 'dates' in and out of their lives.
 00_000_0000
Msg: 27
How Soon To Introduce Date to Parents/Family
Posted: 3/16/2012 7:43:25 PM
At this point, I probably wouldn't introduce them unless it was serious to the point we had been seeing each other for about a year or we were considering moving in together. I wouldn't have them around my son unless I was going to be living with or married to them.
 heart2heart26
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/16/2012 8:09:40 PM
Timing is different for everyone, but wait till it's serious. I have never introduced family to a bf. Just honestly never felt the need to. I do have a family where your cousins are your best friends, but they have too much dirt on me
 unme2011
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 10:02:51 PM
I think you only meet parents once you've developed a routine together and feel comfortable about how things are going. minimal amount of time would be a few months.

I don't mind meeting families early on , but if you haven't gotten to know the person well, it puts more on your plate to have to get to know more people when you're still trying to get to know them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Soon To Introduce Date to Parents/Family