Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Romantic gestures.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Past_Imperfect
Msg: 25
Romantic gestures.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Women like romance in theory but not in practice!

Maybe you just picked the wrong women!

...i woke my partner up at 3am and dragged her up, told her to get dressed, grabbed a blanket and dragged her out into the fields...

I think I would have thought that was quite amusing, so long as it wasn't too cold. The unexpected always grabs me. Might have earned you a cuddle and more.

As for the unlicensed driving...I'm with her there. Romance only goes so far before reality hits.
 _nx_
Msg: 26
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/4/2012 12:50:26 AM
it seems the majority of romantic gestures are actually meant to meet the needs of the giver and not the recipient... bhawk.. maybe if you had considered what SHE liked instead of what YOU liked, your gestures would have been more appreciated...

big gestures dont work on me either... i would much rather have a flower pinched out of the next door neighbours garden than an expensive delivered bouquet.. anyone can make a phone call and order flowers but it takes a special person to get past the rottweiler next door...
 xgillybx
Msg: 27
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/4/2012 1:20:28 AM
It's lovely hearing about all the romantic gestures bestowed upon the ladies, but haven't any of you ever thought of reciprocating and bestowing romantic things upon your significant others? It would be nice to hear some of those too. I used to love, (once in a while) cooking breakfast and bringing it up to bed, putting sexy notes in his work bag to be discovered later, (although I've been a bit bad sometimes and once stuck a condom half hanging out of one of the zip pockets knowing he had to go on London transport and his mates and the rest of the world would see it haha!) I've bought tickets for his fav motor racing events and left them hidden in strategic places places before (although I'd never go myself) and once in a blue moon would write out little tickets and leave them in his work bag or wherever to say - "this ticket entitles the holder to one candlelit bath and a back rub" ha! Ok, it sounds a lot and quite gooey, but was done over a long period of time and randomly, otherwise there'd be no surprise and it would lose the excitement factor.
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 28
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/4/2012 2:09:11 AM
A guy once gave me a single red rose.

Later on he said 'every girl who doesn't look like the back of a bus deserves one'

Oh the romance.How could I resist?
 Loumooos
Msg: 29
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/4/2012 4:09:43 AM
LOL nx i like it and it adds the fun element to it, both having a good giggle over it.
 Geordie_Colin
Msg: 30
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:10:35 PM
My ex wife took the piss once about me having to go to work while she was going to have a lay in.
SoI rubbed deep heat into her arse as I was about to leave the bedroom .
" Bye hun " she purred.
Then just as I was closing the front door she screamed something completely different.
 NoblePeach
Msg: 31
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/9/2012 3:32:03 AM
For me romance is all about the little things, coming home from work knackered and he has the fire lit, cooking dinner, helping round the house, I know very rock and roll , my ex was all about the grand gestures and he thought it made up for the lack of substance on his part and said I was ungrateful I could never get through to him that ignoring the wee things made the grand gestures meaningless
 MikeWM
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/9/2012 3:45:16 AM
Lets suppose that they do infact work for a moment, what does that mean?

Basically, it means that someone who really wasnt interested in you was pursuaded to change their mind NOT based on getting you know you better, but by you making a large and some would say subservient, desperate gesture

As opposed to just finding someone who would want to be with you JUST as much as you want to be with them.........better surely?
 punkadiddle
Msg: 33
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/9/2012 3:50:20 AM

it seems the majority of romantic gestures are actually meant to meet the needs of the giver and not the recipient.

ditto

I don’t really understand romantic gestures particularly. A kind gesture or thought yes. But instead of a bunch of flowers how about just picking up your smelly socks.
 Strider886
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/9/2012 4:14:42 AM
I don’t really understand romantic gestures particularly. A kind gesture or thought yes. But instead of a bunch of flowers how about just picking up your smelly socks.

Ahhh, like stopping to make sure the seats open before taking a drunken slash? :p
 drinkofcoolant
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:54:13 AM
Not so sure Hollywood mirrors any parts of real life being honest!
If I tried that business of chasing someone to the ends of the earth
I'd probably be the proud new owner of an injuction and a coat with no arms!

Rather think it would follow Quentin Tarintinos path of filmaking!

Mind you this morning I did hold a door open for a woman in Teso's....
a pity it was one of those Automatic doors. Felt Stupid!
 fairytoothmother
Msg: 36
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/10/2012 11:47:44 AM
I remember an ex who would txt me little poems and send little notes.One afternoon when i had to go to the dentist,he sent me a txt telling me not to be scared as he was thinking about me.I used to give him those little keepsake cards and would always txt him goodmorning everyday on my way to work as he lived 80 odd miles away.
 happytwobe
Msg: 37
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/10/2012 12:58:24 PM
Message 21 Bhawk01 is surely joking ;))
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:47:30 PM
I was once chatting to a lady called Barbara from New York to whom I made a romatic gesture when I sent her roses and a toy frog wearing a crown on Valentines day. We had been having a very funny ongoing conversation in the chat box on facebook Scrabble about who was smarter, men or women. She was in the top 1% of people for IQ, ran her own editing company and could quote Rilke and the classics at the drop of a hat. She was taking quite a bit of persuading that we men were smarter even after several days let me tell you.

She knew I was a poet called Stephen from near Bristol and I knew only what I said above about her. I searched on-line every editor company in New York and read every website looking for someone called Barbara on it. I eventually found one so now I knew her surname. I sent the Roses and toy from a local supplier in NY with the message on it "Love to Barbara, Now who is smarter?, Kiss Kiss "Billy2heads".

She was blown away to receive them and you could almost see the sparkle in her eyes written into every word of the thank you message she sent me in return. We christened the frog "Froggy Prince" and conversations did indeed turn more and more to Amour Amour afterwards, so such gestures can and do work if you can get the delivery right I have found.

Sadly, as always seems to be the case with these fantasy based internet relationships, it burned brightly for a time then sadly faded away. In one of what were to be her final messages to me she told me she had thrown away the frog into the trash and I penned this poem to her about it....

Goodbye Froggy Prince

Barbra's sad and Barbra's mad, Barbra's got the hump.
She picked up little Froggy Prince and sent him to the dump.
He shed a tear and waved goodbye, afraid of things unseen,
he's living in the city dump instead of with his queen.

His new home smells, it's cold and dark, his only friend's a rat.
He liked it better where he was, 'cept for that mangy cat.
His fur is wet, its cold at night, the seagulls they attack,
but he's a clever little frog, one day he will be back.

So if you see him at your door all ragged and forlorn.
His fur all dirty from the dump, all tattered and all torn.
Give him refuge from this hell, and take him in once more,
and he will love you once again, just like he did before.

So yes, I have in the past, and I still do now, make romantic guestures, sometimes serious, sometimes silly but always fun to do. Women like to fantasize and romatic gestures help them to do it IMO....
 Wafta
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Romantic gestures.
Posted: 3/10/2012 2:13:15 PM
The trouble with big romantic gestures is that they're usually only given in the early stages of a relationship and wear off pretty quickly.

I'd rather know what I was getting involved with from the start, so, if the gestures are just to impress in the beginning, I'd rather go without.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Romantic gestures.