Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetMOGuy
Msg: 576
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 24 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)

This is the worst decision ever. Worse than new Coke. Come on, POF. You think by making this feature a pay feature, you're going to make money? Far from it. You're going to lose so many users, it's going to be a big net loss. Change this back NOW!

b6246t
Msg: 577
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:31:12 AM
The whole purpose of this site was, according to the creator, not to charge people to meet each other. He was against the pay dating sites. This does not help.
 Amor_Meu
Msg: 578
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:35:46 AM
I Forgot to say that to the site management... It's is time to BE NAUGHTY,yes guys if nothing change then am going to pay,yes will pay but only for the best tool and features in the market today.

Be Naughty soon guys...

Break Dance 4 Life!!
 CottageRose
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:39:16 AM
Have not had a problem with most of your past "pay for" features, but to pay to see who has viewed you...??!!
NOT going to happen!
The HUGE amount of insincerity in many responders has been trying enough (Shouldn't they have their OWN Non-dating site"!), but you have just taken ALL the "fun" out of the site.
There is no longer much point to sign on to PoF at all!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 580
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:40:41 AM
Bad decision by pof is right. They will always use advertisers to make money. Now they want to be more greedy and start charging to use features. I liked the who viewed me feature. If I liked someone who viewed me, then I sent them an email. Otherwise, I rarely send random emails. If this becomes a paid site, I will be gone! peace!
 MetalArtNerd
Msg: 581
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:51:32 AM
I think this is laughable. Your site design is already dated and horrible. You guys must not be aware of other sites like O K C U P I D whose site deisgn is years ahead of yours. Not only in aesthetics, but in raw functionality too.

The viewed me feature on other sites allows shy members to meet each other more easily. It also gives the idea that there has been some activity on your profile. If I don't get any messages this week but still get 5 views I'm going to feel okay about it and keep checking the site. If I get no messages on here, and no messages on OKC, but OKC is the only site that shows me who viewed me, I'm going to quickly lose interest in POF.

Simply put, your site needs a huge overhaul before I would even consider paying for content. Compared to other sites that offer statistics and much more robust profiles your feature list, even with a paid account is negligible. Add to that the lacking design in terms of graphics and all you have is your user base. Do everything you can to keep them happy. Somehow Facebook became one of the largest websites of all time without charging for basic features. Choose to learn from their philosophy or not, but I am willing to bet good money that if you start charging for basic features you're going to regret it when someone else takes your spot.

I like your site and what to see it grow. A year or two ago I really agreed with your philosophy and was able to forgive the silly layout and design because of it. As you start to charge for basic features, I'm losing entire magnitudes of respect for your site.
 openedgate
Msg: 582
 ZerodivideX
Msg: 583
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:54:22 AM
Im very opposed to this decision...in fact, I would be willing to tolerate more advertising to keep it free.

Reason?? I just met someone who I would have ONLY seen if the viewed me service was turned on. Without it, Id have never known she was interested at all.

Really...REALLY bad move on your part guys.... Ill be using a lot more now. I regard the viewed me service as an integral part of using this website.

Gator33324
Msg: 584
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:55:46 AM
Just deleted my profile. That was the last straw.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 585
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:55:49 AM
Meh, a useless feature anyway - when are you going to take seeing who has added you as a favorite away as well ?

IMO the bottom line is :

Either someone will send you a msg/respond to your msg or they won't .

Seeing who has viewed you is moot, or as Joey from Friends would say , it's " moo ".
 ZerodivideX
Msg: 586
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:58:46 AM
Thats OKC.....POF was so good to actually censor the full name LOL!!!!

Cant stand the competition huh?
 Stephen0085
Msg: 587
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:59:06 AM
It should have been easy. No ads for those who pay, if that is the apparent reason for the change. But clearly it isnt. Shame. Someone else already said it 'ask yourself why POF became so popular'

Bad form...
 opitalltomopi
Msg: 588
view profile
History
 2Tiger45
Msg: 589
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:07:30 AM
I liked it the way it was before -- viewed me should not be under the "upgraded" feature, that's unfair. I don't care about advertisements on POF -- if that's what it takes to keep free features, that's fine. Please bring back the "viewed me" feature as part of the free POF package.
 bullielover62
Msg: 590
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:10:11 AM
Markus doesn't care what any of US think. I'm done. *puke*

Greed is a mofo.
 SuperSmallz
Msg: 591
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:14:18 AM
They probably saw how many people use the feature and figured it was an important tool, so important that people would pay to use it. I won't, I will go to another site and delete my account here if they keep it for pay only.
 thewriteguy4u
Msg: 592
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:16:29 AM
What's next?
 Llama515
Msg: 593
 xSKx
Msg: 594
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:24:38 AM
Didn't I see a while ago something along the lines of "POF - ALWAYS FREE"?

Sounds like bait and switch to me........
 Llama515
Msg: 595
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:25:38 AM
POF had ads?

POF is becoming the
 Kurt12s
Msg: 596
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:27:25 AM
They state that they want to eliminate the advertising, the advertising never bothered me but I bet anything once the this place is fully a pay site you will still see advertising.

What POF did was take a good thing and make it bad... but there is an opportunity now for someone else to create another actually "Free site"... to bad I am not a webmaster or I would take it on... I will certainly suggest it to some of my friends at UBC that are graduating.

POF succeed because it was free and it will fail because its no longer free...

Perhaps Marcus should have looked around the net and saw the writing that was already there.

PS Marcus look at what Facebook is worth now and its free.... you were on your way and shot your foot tsk tsk

Your big offer from Google or someone else is not going to materialize if you drive your numbers down laddy
 RamblinRedII
Msg: 597
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:29:51 AM
This was a very nice site and I've enjoyed being on it the neatest thing about the site was it's FREE and many members that are not as fortunate to be well-off still have a nice chance to meet people. These people are the people who have made the site what it is today a great place to come and chat and go on dates. The owner talks about having a staff of 100's of people like Match or one of the other pay sites but why I don't understand why? Please add some new good features to entice people to pay but don’t take away what you have offered us all along.
Add some great advertising hot clothing, hot cars & bikes, maybe boats, great locations in towns to drink& dance (those people should pay, have you even tried), appoint certain site users in area towns to go fine new advertizing for you for FREE. There are many ideas that could help and I’m sure your friends on this site would do that for FREE I know I would.
Please don’t take a GREAT SITE that we the people help make and start charging us for the features that make this date site what it is today. Instead of criticizing our friend the owner let’s try to find ways to help make him happy and deserving people will help you survive to be very well off you deserve it but let us try to help you for FREE like you have help us for FREE…YOU MIGHT BE PLEASING SURPRIZED!!!
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 598
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:38:06 AM
So you are charging now, why are there adverts all over the screen?
 Cullers
Msg: 599
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:38:54 AM

I managed to visit 25 countries in 2011, highlights would be seeing the last of the mountain gorilla’s in rwanda’s cloud forests, safari’s around africa, Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Bhoutan, Anchor Wat and of course Egypt, hard to beat being fed wine while touring the 3400 year old temple of luxor by moonlight followed by dinner in the temple complex.

While all this was going on, POF nearly doubled in size last year we hit a record of 50,000 signups on sunday! We also got a tech team and some administrators, We launched in a bunch of non English speaking countries, created mobile apps, created our own chat system and redesigned the site a few times! Just goes to show you can run an internet company from anywhere.

This is off Marcus' Blogg.

If business is growing at such a rate, why change your business model? Maybe there has been staff changes and there is a new business development bod making the decisions but I can only see that this change is made by someone who doesn't mind losing customers/members.
Someone once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"..... It ain't broke Pof!
 ShakenStirredAwesome
Msg: 600
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:39:15 AM
Netflix-type greed mentality will ruin this site.

Bad move.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE