Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobmcbobbob
Msg: 751
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 31 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
A bit gutted about this. When i first started using this site pretty much everything was free, now the best feature will have to be paid for. I have a feeling that a lot of people will stop using this site because the compromise of a few adverts instead of paying, is one i was always happy with! if the adverts are too much and always getting in the way of the site i would say fair enough, but they can be easily be ignored if preferred!

Sort it out please POF else the majority will go elsewhere.
 MisterWrite2013
Msg: 752
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:09:09 PM
POF: EVER HEARD OF CUTTING OFF YOUR NOSE TO SPITE YOUR FACE?
 woodwormwand
Msg: 753
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:10:31 PM
Just come all the way out of the closet and make this a fully paid site. It's clearly heading that way so stop taking the p*ss by pretending anything otherwise.
 daveyf1983
Msg: 754
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:10:33 PM

This is a terrible move! this site is slowly becoming the kind of site it set out not to be. The viewed me feature was very useful, as it gave you an idea if your profile was generating interest, and it was one of the things that made this site fun! It was bad enough when they removed the ability to see if your messages had been read or unread. Bring back all these features and make it a truly FREE site! I don't care about adverts they do not bother me at all.
 Ossiss
Msg: 755
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:10:55 PM
Deleting my profile as of now. I won't stand by and allow greed like this to consume what was an otherwise pleasant experience.
 Divine_si
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:12:57 PM
This site is junk lately anyway and going down hill faster every day. I'm pretty much done with it after this decision.

Money hungry grubs. I didn't mind the ad's because it kept the site free. If I'm going to pay for a site, I'll go to one that starts with an "eharmon" as it is a much better site.
 CERB1E
Msg: 757
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:13:13 PM
It's wrong, and you know it.
Another profiteering joke.
 FloatingOnTheBreeze
Msg: 758
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:14:55 PM
WOW!!

You want us to pay for a feature that users can choose for us not to see!!

WTF!!
 Pete_Glasgow
Msg: 759
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:16:17 PM
31 pages so far on here and numerous other forum threads about it closed......

AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM MARKUS!

That above all else shows what he thinks of us.......
 tonyk99
Msg: 760
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:17:37 PM
ban me if you want but you are a ****in joke your supposed to believe in fee sites that was your original plan and beliefs , i cant believe your making money from advertising and have got ****in greedy grow a set and realise what your members want or face loosing all of them and going bankrupt ........... get a grip
 GuySoo
Msg: 761
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:19:24 PM
Maybe they will change their mind.
 5ue64
Msg: 762
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:22:12 PM
Oh dear,
Word of mouth is the best reccomendation there is. I like POF but think they may have made a slight booboo here
 Divine_si
Msg: 763
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:24:47 PM
Yup, I'll be deleting my account in a couple of day unless some of the features as returned to the "Free" state.

This site is a joke now. It's no more "Free" then match, lavalife, eharmony, etc.
 fatboyrx104
Msg: 764
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:25:08 PM
Greed,..gotta be what it is,..i see more and more you must pay for this feature here,..keep the adds,..i have no problem with them,..keep it free,..you are the only one for us less fortunate ones,..ut O,..too late
 DiscreteFun420
Msg: 765
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:25:22 PM
Free Online Dating.
Is that not your slogan. Well soon no one will be here because it will be like all the pay sites.
I'd rather see a few ads then pay for features you took away.

Bad business move.
 jaymzknight
Msg: 766
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:26:07 PM
Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

lies u see that right 100% free yea right

I've suggested a boycott!!
I will be leaving this site if this service is not restored. I encourage all users to join with me. This isn't the only game in town.
Of course as a user I can have an opinion on this! I am voting with my time and with what pof wants, my money! Lol!

So much for this being a free site. I am so disppointed in POF. We have to PAY to just be able to see if someone has read our email??!! WTF?!

I have always referred people to POF saying its a great site. My opinion has changed.

This really pisses me off!!

Anyone else??
 jaymzknight
Msg: 767
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:26:58 PM
Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

lies u see that right 100% free yea right

I've suggested a boycott!!
I will be leaving this site if this service is not restored. I encourage all users to join with me. This isn't the only game in town.
Of course as a user I can have an opinion on this! I am voting with my time and with what pof wants, my money! Lol!

So much for this being a free site. I am so disppointed in POF. We have to PAY to just be able to see if someone has read our email??!! WTF?!

I have always referred people to POF saying its a great site. My opinion has changed.

This really pisses me off!!

Anyone else??
 JustRightFor1
Msg: 768
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:37:07 PM
Disgusted.

That's the best way I can describe how I feel right now. Why you feel you need to charge the users - the SAME users that made you the most successful site out there - for every little thing that you already gave them free access for years is beyond me. There are PLENTY of other ways to make money, such as click-through advertising that would net you MUCH more than what you are expecting to gain, and wouldn't upset anyone in the process. Instead you will alienate your users and lose trust in the community.

Thankfully there are plenty of other sites (like , DateHookup) that watch and learn from your mistakes, then offer TRULY 100% free access ...

Good going.
 zookie57
Msg: 769
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:43:58 PM

Anyone else??

& no offense To all the Dudes & Dudettes out there looking to be whole, if your here other then complaining,then, U are already toast till U move on! jmo

The phoney,mental,etc, & , all the rest just need time to recoup if possible to get back to the other side of tranquility ............jmo

so in the mean time time,don't get your shorts in a blank cuz it willif U don't take it personal.

Now on occasion, I will call a spade a spade & the fora Gustopo will ban me for a week cuz I
spoke other then the truth to them!
 GarnetGem
Msg: 770
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:44:12 PM

I've seen a few girls profiles in my area raging over this removal and came here to look. LoL it isn't that bad; take it as a signal to use your reliance on the viewedme section and turn it into a more extroverted/risk taking approach to online dating. No matter what this site has the largest user base so anywhere else you go you'll be disappointed. Send more messages out; and ones that have actual content to them.

Agree wholeheartedly with the above. You want to establish a connection with someone? Message them.

To me, the "Viewed Me" feature was all style, with no substance. If you looked at my profile and didn't take the time to drop me a line...you're just not that into me.
 tonyk99
Msg: 771
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:46:13 PM
they are a bunch of French Connection United Kingdom C U Next Tuesday s ,,,,,money grabbing fcukwits get a grip its not all about you would you rather make $20 off 5000 people or $ 1 off 5 million people get a grip of the number your gonna loose keep the adverts going
 justwants1forever
Msg: 772
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:46:53 PM

Someone got drunk and greedy it seems guess on payday I'll be jumping to match If i'm gonna pay at least i will know what im getting for it
 manonfyre
Msg: 773
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:46:56 PM
**Paid Viewed Me DECREASES your profile views if you are a paid user**

Point #1) Everyone can tell when you are a paying member because you will have a gold dot under your image in the horizontal bars, and you will have a gold background in search results.

Point #2) Non-paying users know that if they click you as a paid user, you will be able to see that they viewed you. And they know that they will not be able to tell if you viewed them or not, which makes them feel vulnerable.

Conclusion) This will REDUCE the amount of non-paying users who view paid user profiles because they will feel more comfortable viewing those who cannot tell, because they themselves cannot tell if they received a return view.

**DO NOT UPGRADE FOR THIS**

I have already experienced a drastic reduction in emails due to the gold dot/background stigma created by this new charge for Viewed Me.
 tyrelsackett
Msg: 774
view profile
History
 Simply-B
Msg: 775
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:50:28 PM
Really? You lure us here and then start charging! Well I"m NOT paying for any services. I loved the View Me service, it was very helpful. But I am not paying for it
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE