Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting hit on by married men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Getting hit on by married menPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If some of these so-called "happily married" women knew who their "devoted" husbands were hitting on and what they offering in exchange for a roll (or two or three in the hay to obviously single women, they would die of apoplexy......

You don't have to be a raving beauty who has a so-called "fat" wife for a married man to want to stray....just be what the man considers "exotic".....and here they come....
 laskoboo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Getting hit on by married men
Posted: 3/29/2012 1:28:18 PM

Ladies, do you have this problem too? It seems that most of my friend's husbands hit on me

if could maybe be wishful thinking rather than reality........ if it is reality, you really need better friends who can pick better men

some people just mistake common manners with being hit on.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2012 2:36:00 PM

Seriously...why is lying by a year or two or about an inch or two OK?

Giggle's, now I know you know about the degrees of lies...a lie by omission....a white lie....all the way to a bold faced lie...embellishement while technically a lie...well it's just someone trying to alter the light a little to make themselves appear a little better...the added inch, the subtraction of 10 pounds, a year younger than actual, and so on...yet, there are bold faced lies ...whoppers....that some try to get away with....subtracting 10 yuears...posting others pictures...posting pics from 10 years ago...declaring single while married...saying straight while gay or bi...just to name a few are really red flag lies...and there's a whole litiny of others...I really think that it's up the the person hearing the lie, when they find out they've been lied to, to decide what to do about the lie.

And nope...none of my friends husbands have ever hit on me.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:03:16 PM
"But thanks for being the self-appointed forum police and catching those who tell whoppers!"

I could give a shyt. What I don't like is those that constantly bash others for doing the same damn thing they are doing.

And we've all run into the guys that fudge an inch or two or three. It's not the end of the world, it might be the end of the date...but not the end of the world. I must say that one short guy totally changed my opinion about only dating a guy close to six feet. I have more of an open mind about it now. And I'm not going to state that if they lie about their height on a dating site they will lie about everything. I won't even go as far as to say they are losers, just a little esteem issue. It's like the fat folks saying they are average. Lying about marital status....don't need that.

Giggle's, now I know you know about the degrees of lies...a lie by omission....a white lie....all the way to a bold faced lie...embellishement while technically a lie...well it's just someone trying to alter the light a little to make themselves appear a little better...the added inch, the subtraction of 10 pounds, a year younger than actual, and so on...yet, there are bold faced lies ...whoppers....that some try to get away with....subtracting 10 yuears...posting others pictures...posting pics from 10 years ago...declaring single while married...saying straight while gay or bi...just to name a few are really red flag lies...and there's a whole litiny of others...I really think that it's up the the person hearing the lie, when they find out they've been lied to, to decide what to do about the lie.

And nope...none of my friends husbands have ever hit on me.

You can sugar coat a lie anyway you want; to some people they are ok and to others they show a character flaw. Trust is important to some people and if someone starts off lying there isnt many good places to go.

I didnt disagree with you that certain people who CONSTANTLY bash others are doing so for attention...it works..

I just think after someone is over 45 they should pretty much accept what they are...why lie about it; when you meet the truth is going to come out.

One of the greatest loves of my life was 5'4" but omg he was built like a greek god! See I dont think age, height, weight or any of that is really important UNLESS it is important enough for the guy to want to lie about it.

As far as a married man hitting on someone; if it is a pattern then you have to wonder what part you are playing in it. If it is just random guys then I wouldnt be concerned.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:15:50 PM
there are insincere phony liars of BOTH GENDERS, regardless of their marital status
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:27:27 PM

You can sugar coat a lie anyway you want; to some people they are ok and to others they show a character flaw. Trust is important to some people and if someone starts off lying there isnt many good places to go.

Geeze, I'd think someone who's been around the block wouldn't see everything in black and white...but, then I know I haven't seen nor hear everything...yep..a lie is lie is a lie...I list myself at 6'0"...but, I'm really 5'11 1/2"...so call me a liar and challange my integrity...and you'll have won no friend
 Giggles10000
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:31:58 PM
^^ lol rounding up to 6 is different ...especially if a person feels that height might be an issue...my point is I have dated men as short as 5'4"...no problem...

It is more the fact that at this age someone feels inadequate enough about themselves to lie. If we cant accept who we are at this age...then when can we?

I met a man the other day and it was so obvious he had lied on his age...and had Photoshopped his pics...so I listen to everything he had to say but in the back of my mind when he was telling me he had 7 different properties in this county and 5 in the next one over ...was BS...see how when you lie to someone to start with you just loose credibility. I wanted to believe him but in the back of my mind from the moment we met I was thinking...what else has he mislead me on.

Aren't married men who hit on single girls in their own way condoning what they are doing ...mostly by lying to themselves that it is ok?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:38:55 PM
My point was that a little embellishment wasn't a big red flag issue...but, married men/women hitting on others...not polite flirting...but, hitting on others is a fvckin NO NO....in fact, let's break that down...a person in a committed relationship hitting on another proves they're a first class shyte.

Back to embellishment's...it's not the 10 yo photo shop pic...the single but really married...the 6' guy who's really 5' nuthin....the atheletic who's 60 #'s overweight...it's the simple stuff...technically, it's lying...yet, I'd like to call it embellioshment...the alter of the light to make ones wrinkle's dissapear..if only for a moment.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:57:34 PM

Back to embellishment's...it's not the 10 yo photo shop pic...the single but really married...the 6' guy who's really 5' nuthin....the atheletic who's 60 #'s overweight...it's the simple stuff...technically, it's lying...yet, I'd like to call it embellioshment...the alter of the light to make ones wrinkle's dissapear..if only for a moment.

Dont you feel it is a big clue that that person is unhappy with who they are to the point where they feel they need to mislead someone else?

Do you tell lies about things you are happy about?

Or just the ones you feel others might not accept---yet others are accepting of it so isnt it in the end that the person isn't accepting of themselves?
 LuvFishes
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 2:24:42 AM
Great questions- first some males will try to flirt wheither married or not. But YOU control the situation & can nip it in the bud. Flirting takes TWO. As for the inappropriate touching again YOU control it.

Ultimately, it's about respect and your friends husbands are showing you none. Are you coming off as needy sexual or otherwise , overly flirtatious? Mistaking playful, innocent banter? If your not careful you will loose your girlfriends because they will blame you more than their husbands. Good luck, Lanezee
 damsel19
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/30/2012 3:44:32 AM
Welsh474

Unlike you I dont target people personally and rant about them and what they should say and not say on a forum in a personal way that you have beend doing. Mind your own business. . I talk in general terms about men that I hear about and have experienced.

I dont know what bee got into your bonnet but what difference does it all m ake to you anyway? If you dont like it, dont read it.

By the way I would be happy to introduce you to the younger attractive man who I am currently seeing and by the way, who are you dating??? So your inference that I am past it, too old and fat, is just plain nasty.

Sure I put a younger age on the profile so what??? but I dont meet anyone from here, as I have said. I have no contacts from here. I dont turn up and misrepresent myself. So no one is disappointed. Get it???
 damsel19
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:00:28 AM
halcyon skies

Good one!!! How did you know..
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:48:28 AM

Do you tell lies about things you are happy about?

Yep, told a whopper the other day...I'm getting a tax return back, but told the other person I wasn't....not that it was anybodies business but my own.
 TryAgan
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 5:09:13 AM
damsel

Sure I put a younger age on the profile so what??? but I dont meet anyone from here

So why are you lying? Just to practice?
Posted: 3/30/2012 7:45:52 AM

And we've all run into the guys that fudge an inch or two or three. It's not the end of the world,

I guess that depends what part of the body that missing three inches is from!!!

Poor B@stard!!!!!
 CptIronJack
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/30/2012 3:18:00 PM
wow was this a bad idea
 ffanluvit
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:20:37 PM
I have been hit on by married men in the past, and generally, you are giving off signals..even if unconscious, or are you really that naive or flirtatious yourself?

Simple, "You make me uncomfortable when you tease me that way," or " I am going to tell my friend of your behavior," generally stops them cold in their tracks. If not TELL your friends and make new ones!
 barr60
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:26:35 PM
Never had that problem,,
 ffanluvit
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:28:24 PM
how did 'getting hit on' turn into bashing? We all know many people doing the on-line dating lie, fib, stretch the truth, or maybe they still see themselves as the slim-trim 20 yr old...it comes with the territory, and you have to be an adult and sift through the crap to get to the diamond... or else why even bother and just go on with your life...
 rumblebumble
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/3/2012 3:03:56 AM
you stupid women, the reason married guys hit on you is that they are bored to tears with pre menopause women who are uninteresting and sexless. Open your eyes to reality:
 rumblebumble
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/3/2012 3:06:30 AM
do women really think that the guys on POF are interested in long walks, cosy night in, making you laugh etc, what a joke, they just want to get you naked and then go
 FUNNYGIRLoo
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/3/2012 5:25:44 AM
There are sites on the internet to check people out. You can find out if they are married . You can find out if they have a rap sheet. If they have been in jail .If there are in debt etc etc.
 FUNNYGIRLoo
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/3/2012 5:33:33 AM
Rumble There are man that want more then sex on here you just have weed through the muck. Some man get bored so they cheat it has nothing to do with women being premenopause. Not all premenopause women are sex less
 rumblebumble
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/3/2012 6:19:23 AM
funnygirlloo, my point exactly, guys get bored and look for some excitement, women dont get that, all guys are programmed for sex so cod yourself. dont be fooled by all this, oh im a great listener and will love you forever. Guys just want to get your pants off, get real, I know how guys think.
 avalon_moon
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/3/2012 7:10:31 AM
So all men are the same? Sorry but that's nonsense. You can't speak for all men anymore than I can speak for all women. Just because you think like that doesn't mean all men do. Say what you like, but in the end it's just your opinion.

Edit: You don't have to be a narrow minded, right wing, religious fundamentalist to think married people shouldn't be sleeping around. If you're single, then fair dues.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting hit on by married men