Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > SHE SAID A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK IS NEEDED FOR ONLINE DATING      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Isis_feline
Msg: 76
SHE SAID A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK IS NEEDED FOR ONLINE DATINGPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

(I wonder how many men are going to be enraged by this post)

only the stupid ones who wouldnt know humour if it battered them round the ears several times screaming 'I'm humour..........laugh......LAUGH........'
 Capn_America
Msg: 77
SHE SAID A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK IS NEEDED FOR ONLINE DATING
Posted: 3/27/2012 1:39:08 PM
only the stupid ones who wouldnt know humour if it battered them round the ears several times screaming 'I'm humour..........laugh......LAUGH........'

HMM! I`m wounded and particularly hurt.
But hey, if you gals include a complete strip-search with the "back"-ground check....now were getting somewhere

Besides, in a couple of years, when technology becomes affordable, you'll be able to get a dna imprint directly on the couch, from a small needle pricking the azz when they sit down. Called the `crap-o-matic`, it takes half a basement (which is why the needle comes "up") but results are guaranteed up to 99%. Tell you if he`s full of crap. There waiting on improvements for the info ;-)
 LukeT77
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/27/2012 3:23:42 PM

But hey, if you gals include a complete strip-search with the "back"-ground check....now were getting somewhere

If she starts that "full background check" by slipping on some surgical gloves and ordering you to drop your pants and bend over, I recommend you pay your waitress and execute that emergency exit strategy!!
 00_000_0000
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/27/2012 5:34:06 PM
i think that's weird and you should have a problem with that. unless she is a woman with a child who previously had a problem with dating a pedophile i don't get where her paranoia is coming from and frankly it's creepy and could lead to identity theft
 Isis_feline
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/27/2012 10:59:41 PM

If she starts that "full background check" by slipping on some surgical gloves and ordering you to drop your pants and bend over,

Luke, Lacalli and I are far too busy to be giving you boys strip searches right now......we are going over your phone transcripts and emails

Its so heartwarming to see vee Dub Evo 'getting' the homour.....oh....no...wait......
 lacalli
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/28/2012 12:35:00 AM
^^^And it just makes it funnier and then I can't stop. Tonight for example wee dub evil was so angry at me he tried to come between me and Henry (the nerve!) and I think he called me a future spinster with cats. Which aside from my unfortunate cat allergy I don't think someone who's been married twice can technically be called a spinster. But just you wait Isis, soon he'll turn his laser wit on you and you'll feel the burn... I mean all this persecution just because we ask for driver's licenses, passports and DNA samples before dating. He acts like everyone doesn't. Jeez.
 Capn_America
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:49:15 AM

Nahhh... that was very intentional. I imagine I'm not the only one who saw the irony and poor judgement in your posts. In fact I know I'm not. Grown women have commented on it, not just the men.

Chill dude. A background check is FIIIIINNNE. You just have to go with the flow, right? I mean, a girl doesnt really love you UNTIL you give her your social insurance number. Then you have a mate for life...because she's blackmailing you

But Capn technically we're all full of crap unless it's right before a colonoscopy so scratch that one. I do like the surreptitious DNA idea though.

Yeah, neat huh? I should drop the patent now before some other jerkwad thinks of it. I could be rich. Hell, there's a couple of women I'm sure who'd buy 3-4 for real lol.
I have to develop one for men to use with women to. But personnally, I'd rather get the Dna sample manually...way more fun
 prometheus76
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:12:38 PM

Well my kids' Dad passed away of a massive heart attack last April. So, as their only parent alive I can't end up on a date with some serial killer as it's even happened on Craigslist. So, for my safety and so I can be here with and for my children I must stay one step ahead and weed out the crazies the best I can.

Then don't date. You sound like fun too, with all of your refusals to do anything risky and what not.
 prometheus76
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:18:05 PM

Before online dating, I would never have thought about it. Now, if someone has a problem with me verifying who they are, then that's *their* problem. The 2nd person I meet on POF was married with 5 alias in 4 states. A simple Google check on phone number, username, email can lead you to plenty of information.

Your problem is that you're picking idiots. I would work on that fundamental issue first.
 abelian
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:33:18 PM

well in that case......I want one

Actually you don't need any magic to get all of that information. All you need to do is a little social engineering to get enough to find out whatever you want. I ran across profiles all the time in which women included enough personal identifying information that I wouldn't have needed to ask them anything at all in order to obtain their life history had I been so inclined. I seriously doubt men give much more thought to what their profiles give away.
 Isis_feline
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/28/2012 11:50:38 PM
As always Abelian you are right, I have only felt the need to check out one person and with the info he gave me (only a private email and his job) I found him on facebook and googled him and got some info......other than that I dont find the need, Im very carefull as to where I meet up and usually the dumbarses make themselves known early enough to skip the meet up - Im also carefull about whats in my profile :)
 belle38
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/29/2012 3:39:27 AM
me too.. I vote for No!
 Nowwhat74
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:00:56 PM
Sounds like a few fries short of a happy meal..
 SBM2012
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2012 8:19:33 PM
yes we didnt meet
 gym_hurts
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/3/2012 7:44:16 AM
It's a brilliant idea especially if she has kids. I also have nothing to hide.
 nige 1960
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/3/2012 8:16:26 AM
Better to run a credit check tells your more about a person and i won't have to watch it on judge judy, some of you like to borrow money then not pay it back hope that never happens in the UK
 nwmplsguy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 8:28:05 PM
In my opinion that's quite extreme. This should not be necessary if you are just beginning to date and go to public places. If the dating gets a little more serious, then I would only agree to the check if you are absolutely smitten by her and really want to get serious. And if that happens, then I would recommend you do a check on her to make sure she is everything she says she is.
 excessivemayhem
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/3/2012 8:47:29 PM
screw that. i'd run faster than forrest outta there
 prometheus76
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:07:07 AM

It's a brilliant idea especially if she has kids. I also have nothing to hide.

Except of course your social security number and all of your privacy.
 Capn_America
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:16:05 AM
Hey, as long as she doens't ask for a prostate exam
 Mr.B3D
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2012 10:41:53 PM
yes um nom nom nom
 Capt.Obvious
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2012 4:22:13 AM
Just a background check? So amateur.

I don't just pull a background check on the potential dates, but I also demand they get a phychological eval and produce their highschool transcripts on our first date.

Not getting to at least pre-algebra is a red flag.
 pyarmaleaach
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/7/2012 4:34:49 AM
Ugh, this is bizarre. At some stage in the relationship, particularly where marriages to others and children are involved, that such background check is necessary. It would suck if she or you wound up with a sex offender or married person vying for your commitment.
 Aphrodeity
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 4:52:53 PM
Safest route if people are considering going into a long term relationship. People wouldn't want to end up having complicated issues later on during the relationship. If you have nothing to hide why resist her demands?
 prometheus76
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:25:30 PM

Safest route if people are considering going into a long term relationship. People wouldn't want to end up having complicated issues later on during the relationship. If you have nothing to hide why resist her demands?

I have nothing to hide other than my social security number and a very real chance of identity theft. I'll just move over to that babe right over there who isn't bat shit crazy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > SHE SAID A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK IS NEEDED FOR ONLINE DATING