Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Am I the crazy one or is this guy being a baby?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abelian
Msg: 24
Am I the crazy one or is this guy being a baby?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Am I nuts for telling someone I like them without meeting them?

Not necessarily, but you might be nuts for turming something simple into a Kafkaesque nightmare. This is really simple. You like the guy. Whether or not you tell him is up to you, but the fact that you're talking to him ought to be a clue. You discussed meeting, he balked and started reliving Wuthering Heights. Time to cut him loose and tell him to call you when he gets his shit together. End of drama. If someone makes it a pain in the ass to meet, you ought to realize the person is already a pain in the ass before you've even met. Normally, it takes people having to date a bit before realizing the other person has dsome flaws. You'd be starting way behind the curve with this one.
 bronzcoco
Msg: 25
Am I the crazy one or is this guy being a baby?
Posted: 3/19/2012 8:58:04 PM
Ending communication with this guy now has surely saved you from some future heartache. He seems like he doesn't know what he wants. Either that or he was stringing you along. You did nothing wrong in telling him that you liked him. Hopefully, next time you will meet a guy who has a better handle on what he truly desires.
 shandablock
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2012 7:02:16 PM
I don't think it's nuts at all. Theres people I can tell easily if I"ll like or not through this site without meeting them first. He sounds like he doesn't know what he really wants in life though, so maybe go for another guy and forget about him.
 J_bird61
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/21/2012 7:35:48 PM
I loath texting.
 JoseMadre
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/22/2012 3:42:45 PM
Sounds like the miscommunication over the semantic nuances of "like" revealed to you someone who, at least at this time, doesn't have much stability or maturity. I would follow Igor's advice on this.
 damsel19
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:05:48 PM
I would not come on so strong without meeting. Even if you webcam it is a bit too soon. He was right to be freaked. He has others on the go, forget him.
I have said that I find that we have things in common etc when chatting and then when we met, it was all over, no chemistry. No meet within two weeks, delete.
 damsel19
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:09:51 PM
I dont see how you can tell through online chat if you will like them or not. They can lie and often do. However you can tell the ones you dont like, for sure. So many lonely people just project their wishes onto a figure in cyberspace and actually think they have fallen in love!!! This is crazy stuff.
 jmark4
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/23/2012 1:42:29 AM

Are you kidding????????????????

Geeeeeeeezzzzzzz............OP>>>>>>>>>>>after 6 weeks of waiting to meet you, they have already taste-tested 2-8 other females.

WTF are you waiting for?????

Either jump on the horse, or not........within one week of contact, unless serious illness.

LOL I agree totally. I also think you send some strange signals. NO one knows if they like someone in 5 minutes. That's ridiculous. Most studies show it takes a good year to truly no someone. Love takes time; not 5 minutes on the phone.

Also you even admit, you come off as uninterested. I dont see why he would be too excited about you.

He's with other women for sure. I'd move on; yesterday.
 greenIsis777
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:18:22 PM
sounds like you 2 think differently, so much so it's probably not a good match. plus, I think guys might get a different impression of 'I like you' than would women. especially having never met, he might have been thinking 'what?? she LIKES me and we haven't even met and she hasn't even seen me in person?? red flag!' I mean, not all ppl think like that, but some do. just keep doing what you're doing, you're not missing out :)
 0ldhag
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/24/2012 12:44:09 AM
I've told people I 'like' them before i've met them.

I could talk to someone for 5 minutes and decide if I 'like' them or not!

Me too.

But as quick as I 'like' them, I can just as easily change that to 'dislike'

This is the problem I think some men have, they get caught up on the 'like' word and they thinks it's forever...When really it's just a feeling you have at that moment, and big deal if you tell the person...

I think he was acting like a girl...
he says he needs space because explaining why he blew me off 'stressed him out'
and that just cracked me up! who says that?!? except a girl

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Am I the crazy one or is this guy being a baby?