Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feminism Your Views [under review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 826
view profile
History
Feminism Your ViewsPage 34 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)

Tequila’s been known to work wonders, as well.

I'll remember that. But my take on alcohol is that it's better at releasing the brakes than giving you the itch to take it for a spin in the first place.
 want to travel
Msg: 827
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:27:19 PM
the reality for the first 3 to 4 centuries of christianity, where not at all like the people who call themselves that today
there was about 5000 sects, it was from socially progressive, to very sexually deviant
in these centuries it was not at all uncommon for women to be in leadership roles
it started to become accepted in the roman middle and upper classes, mainly by women, that found much more freedom in the teachings of Jesus.
when It was made a state religion, the present new testament was published, of course by Men, and women where just cut out of the picture
 cautiousluv
Msg: 828
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:32:51 PM
1ukn4u: I was kind of ticked but you would just have to know her. She's so hardheaded that I pretty much roll with the punches when it comes to her. My other daughter who is also biologically mine would be rather shocking to me if she ever ended up in the same position.

Ha! EXACTLY the same situation here with both of my daughter's. But my oldest does manage to take care of her son.....work....AND go to college. So...I guess what they say is true.....things do tend to work themselves out.

1ukn4u: I had no idea you were as old as you are cautiousluv. Judging from your pic I thought you were 20, maybe. Part of the reason I got so irritated.lmao I thought look at this young girl with no life experience telling me how things go.lol If I had known you were a grown woman I would have been far more respectful.

Well thanks for letting me know. I was sort of wondering WHY you were being an A*S!!!.........
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 829
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:28:57 PM

Sorry verygreeneyes, had to correct this...
Christianity? As in followers of Jesus Christ? Um, wasn't he the dude who by his words/example dissuaded a mob from stoning the woman caught in adultery?

I don't know how each individual views Christianity. If one chooses to view it as being a follower of Jesus Christ, then yes that is what I referred to. However, since Jesus Christ did not exist in the Old Testament, there may be Christians who choose to follow the Old Testament vs. the new, thereby my reference would not have been to those you deem Christians. My point was, however, that stoning of people/animals was alive and well and it existed and was instructed by the Bible, the book commonly acknowledged as "fact" by Christians collectively. The oppression of women was also alive and well in BOTH the Old and New Testaments. If I read what you are saying, in essence, it's your opinion that Jesus Christ was the first women's libber. OK, I'll buy that. Sadly, if this is factual, his efforts sort of went out the window somewhere along the way, but it's an interesting thought. (And in case you didn't catch my point, I was addressing those who were choosing to allude to the fact that other religions/cultures should follow the "Christian" ideologies and then their women wouldn't be oppressed. Which is simply NOT true. Regardless of race, age, religion or creed, or gender, oppression with ALWAYS exist.) JMO
 CharityTrue
Msg: 830
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:36:34 PM
Jesus was a women's libber, lol, yeah i'll buy that...
He treated women as humans, with love and respect... Unlike his disciples, who questioned why he was even speaking to the woman at the well...
His message is not diminished by the misbehaviour of those who claim to follow Him...
I can call myself a horse all day long but unless I eat hay and neigh, I am what I am...
Jesus' example of his interaction with the woman caught in adultery is amazing and simple, "I don't condemn you, go and sin no more"....
I always wondered, what happened to the dude she was caught with?
 ronosaurus
Msg: 831
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:50:59 PM
verygreeneyez, Msg: 858 says

Regardless of race, age, religion or creed, or gender, oppression with ALWAYS exist.) JMO.

I say, wherever there is a difference in the balance of power (real or imagined) there will be the potential for oppression or submissiveness (real or imagined) regardless of race, age, religion, or creed, or gender. The problem of distinguishing reality and imaginings will remain as long as our species exists. JMO.
 mrcs84
Msg: 832
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/11/2012 12:32:15 PM
http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/2011/09/01/tv-star-jon-cryer-must-pay-child-support-for-son-in-his-custody/

Anyone hear about this? Actor Jon Cryer has custody of his child for 96% of the time, and yet he is still required to pay $8000 monthly in child support. 8k a month to see your kid 15 times a year. As it said in the article, it makes you wonder if things were the same if the roles were reversed and his ex were the one with custody.

I also don't understand how paying out to the NCP is in the best interests of the child.
 ThinkinginCA
Msg: 833
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/11/2012 1:23:35 PM
^^^I actually did not, but I am going to assume that this is normal for a person making the kind of money that Jon Cryer is. And the reason he pays that is because it is a percentage of this income, which the court has determined is in the best interest of the child to receive in order to maintain the lifestyle the child has become accustomed to living...the mother just happens to come with parenthood.
 chameleonf
Msg: 834
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:06:03 PM
$8,000 per month for a kid to have a lifestyle to which he's become accustomed??!! I figure the kid should get a little less accustomed. That's where things have become so way out of hand. There has to be a limit, otherwise it simply becomes spousal support under the guise of child support, particularly if the father has the overwhelming amount of custody.
 CharityTrue
Msg: 835
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/11/2012 5:54:23 PM
It's a racket....that's all... Everyone sees it and knows it... Getting knocked up by a rich guy is like winning the lottery for most women... I would HATE to be a man nowadays...
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 836
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/12/2012 12:39:25 AM
$8,000 per month for a kid to have a lifestyle to which he's become accustomed??!! I figure the kid should get a little less accustomed.
That's less than $100,000 a year for a parent who earns multi-millions per year. These kids go to very expensive private schools, have full time drivers, maids, nannies. That's their lifestyle. Child support is set according to the income of the parent, not according to the child's basic survival needs. I know my nephew grew up with a mother who was handicapped, unable to work, and living on a fixed and very limited income. His father had a very high paying professinal career. However, since at the time of the divorce, my sister didn't push for higher child support, a kid with a father who did very well financially actually pretty much lived a lifestyle which reflected his mother's income, which was necessarily very limited. The father sweeps in once a year with Xmas presents and pays for summer camp and the rest of the time the kid is living on hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Not right. Child support should be set according what the parent who pays it earns, whether that parent is the mother or the father.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 837
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/12/2012 5:58:13 AM

The real purpose to child support was is and always will be to help support women
This is not true. The purpose of child support is to support the child. Period.

I don't think my sister got screwed over; I think the child did. This is what I don't get about men: in their minds the money is supporting the ex-wife, someone they don't like. The money is for the child. It is the child that gets screwed if child support is not fair, not the ex. I know my sister spent the money on her son. Child support never raised her above a lifestyle she could afford on her own.

My point is that a non-custodial parent should be paying in child support what he/she would pay if they were still married and living with the child, not some nominal fee, especially not one based on what a spouse might be earning. I don't know how your brother was taken advantage of. No one forced or ordered him to set up his ex and her boyfriend in a house. As you said, that was his choice completely. A parent who earns 10 million dollars a years is more than likely going to normally spend at least, if not more, than $100,000 on his/her child (if they were living all together as a family). $100,000 is like 1% of 10 million dollars. Do you only spend 1 percent of your income on your child?
 chameleonf
Msg: 838
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/12/2012 9:09:03 AM
@ LilyBeyaz: The examples provided are both extremes. The original post I was responding to was where the man paying the exorbitant amount was the custodial father and the mother was the one who had visitation rights, which is an extreme. The father is already paying for the daily needs of the child because the child lives with him the "majority" of the time. Your extreme is at the opposite end of the spectrum. There should be a balance, not an extreme of either example. If it's a case of the wealthy man having a child or children who go to private schools etc. and he isn't the custodial parent, a direct payment should be made to the various entities, not to the mother who may or may not choose to use it for those express purposes. To me, it's an example of the feminist pendulum having swung too far in the opposite direction.
 mrcs84
Msg: 839
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/17/2012 6:26:19 AM

These kids go to very expensive private schools, have full time drivers, maids, nannies. That's their lifestyle.

Fine, so the MOTHER should be paying that to the FATHER seeing how the father is the one that has custody 96% of the time. And quite frankly, no child needs $96,000 spent on him for 15 days of visitation.
 mrcs84
Msg: 840
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:28:44 AM
Interesting video on how much men have been emasculated over time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5OdQGbVNa4 (part 1...14 mins)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHYPHf0PfE (part 2...14 mins)

All of this female "empowerment" has managed to make men quite spineless, very passive, and lacking in any sense of direction.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 841
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 4:49:08 AM
All of this female "empowerment" has managed to make men quite spineless, very passive, and lacking in any sense of direction.
This may be true of you and some other men. It most definitely is not true of the man I am with or any man I have ever been with. A real man wants and appreciates having an equal partner. He has a sense of self, as a man and as a human being, that is not threatened by women being his equal. My man is definitely not passive and not at all in any way lacking a sense of direction. Far from it. I have met very few men who are like that, in fact.

Maybe this is you and the men you hang out with. Pretty pathetic.
 Capn_America
Msg: 842
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:20:26 AM
Either way I never got the straight %20 thing anyway. The numbers don't add up to being for the child. Never have and never will. This way of doing it isn't fair and it never will be fair. How can someone spend 1400-2000 a month on a child. This amount of money is clearly a form of spousal support. I'm a custodial parent and I am the one saying this. Not that I've ever recieved any child support.

There's this very rich celebrity here in Quebec...god, I forget his name. His ex gf left him and sewed him for I dont remember how many millions, plus now the guy is stuck paying something like 240 000 canadian dollars a year as a pension for the kids..............................
Considering it was calculated that a kid from 0-18 years of age, cost more or less 250 000 dollars to raise in QUebec in 2012, the guy is "getting had" for sure, and she's laughing pretty hard....

OH! I just remembered; Guy Laliberté. Might want to check on the figures, I'm quoting from memory and my memory sucks lol. But yeah, it's some form of spousal support. Notwithstanding that's he's ALSO paying that...
 naturallylaidback
Msg: 843
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:43:44 AM
For a better understanding of feminiSSm there are many educated bloggers on youtube such as barbarossa, stardusk, and a Canadian woman "girl writes what". They take a very honest look at what feminists do and what they stand for. Also what should a man be doing to make his life better, quality of life and inner peace are great when you find it alone. Now you realise that the only thing a women can give you is a family. Everything else in life you can achieve on your own, plus no women is emptying your wallet. lol Just my two cents.
 mrcs84
Msg: 844
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:55:54 AM

This may be true of you and some other men. It most definitely is not true of the man I am with or any man I have ever been with. A real man wants and appreciates having an equal partner. He has a sense of self, as a man and as a human being, that is not threatened by women being his equal. My man is definitely not passive and not at all in any way lacking a sense of direction. Far from it. I have met very few men who are like that, in fact.

Perhaps you just don't recognize the signs, or you choose to ignore them.

Maybe this is you and the men you hang out with. Pretty pathetic.

This is the kind of shaming language that women love to utilize to emasculate men. Men and women will never be equal. It's not possible. Someone is always giving more than the other in some manner. It's just a question of whether the other person is ok with it or not. But even with being "equal," I seriously doubt that any men are threatened by it. They are generally voicing their distaste for women wanting equal rights without equal responsibilities.

I seriously doubt you watched those videos, but they make a lot valid points.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 845
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:15:53 AM
This is the kind of shaming language that women love to utilize to emasculate men
You are the one who emasculates yourself. You are the one who doesn't know what being truly masculine is. I've never been with a man who wasn't his own man. As I said, a REAL man is strong and secure in himself and his masculinity. He doesn't need to disempower women or anyone else to make him feel like a man. This is something you obviously don't get.

If you want to spend the rest of your life feeling emasculated and and weak and spinless, that's your CHOICE. No one is actually doing that to you. And that is why I use the word pathetic.

Perhaps you just don't recognize the signs, or you choose to ignore them.
I know a strong, secure person, male or female, when I see one--strong in their own sense of self, of their femininity or masculinity, of their sexuality. And I can also recogize someone who is blaming his or her unhappiness and failures on something outside themselves--which is what the men who choose to believe that female equality is something that destroys them as men. It is, indeed, pathetic. I am very scornful of such people.
 mrcs84
Msg: 846
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:28:41 AM
You are the one who emasculates yourself. You are the one who doesn't know what being truly masculine is. I've never been with a man who wasn't his own man. As I said, a REAL man is strong and secure in himself and his masculinity. He doesn't need to disempower women or anyone else to make him feel like a man. This is something you obviously don't get.

So remove all of the male teachers from elementary and middle schools, and compound that with the fact that there are A LOT of single mothers in the world raising BOYS, and couple that with the fact that the media loves to make men look like bumbling idiots. So now you have boys that are being raise with a severe lack of male tutelage, and the few male role models they have via the media are pretty much an insult to men as a whole. Are you going to accuse those boys of emasculating themselves?

"A REAL man would [insert random trait that -you- like about men]." How typical.

And what if the man -isn't- secure about his masculinity? Heaven forbid a man has emotional struggles in his life. I wouldn't be surprised if you made no hesitation to ridicule him even further.

And stop assuming that I am talking about myself. I'm talking about things I witness regularly. -I-, unlike some men, don't have my head in the sand.

equality is something that destroys them as men

Equal Opportunity without Equal Accountability is not equality. But again, you're continually misinterpreting I say. I think men that do not believe in equality are in a very much insignificant minority. However, it seems like women do not see equality as being the same thing as men do.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 847
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:27:13 AM
I think the problem is the definition of equality... men and women are not equal in all things... women should have equal opportunity equal rights and equal protection under the law... but they should not expect standards to be lowered to allow them access to jobs that they think they deserve....
 Capn_America
Msg: 848
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:58:37 AM

I think the problem is the definition of equality... men and women are not equal in all things... women should have equal opportunity equal rights and equal protection under the law... but they should not expect standards to be lowered to allow them access to jobs that they think they deserve....

I'll agree with this. It actually contributed to me never having the chance to make my dream come true and become a cop. It wasnt the sole factor, but it contributed. Equality for women and for racial minorities, in order to be politically correct, actually contributed to me not being qualified enough to become a police officer. It REALLY sucks. I don't hold a grudge at all, but it still doesnt make it fair.
 cover_me
Msg: 849
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:06:24 AM

A LOT of single mothers in the world raising BOYS

Women raising boys *screams*, oh the horror!!!!

I was raised entirely by my Mom, and she did great with me. I might act a little nutty, but I'm very well adjusted. I didn't need a man to show me anything. Like I said in another thread, if my sperm donor had raised me, I would be the human equivalent of a c*ckroach today. My Mother taught me to be me. I didn't need a man to teach me that, she did well.

and couple that with the fact that the media loves to make men look like bumbling idiots

You mean like on TV, and in movies? Yes, that's called "entertainment". It's not to be taken seriously

And what if the man -isn't- secure about his masculinity?

I would say then, that that is a personal issue, and that that man needs to work on that. Not the fault of feminists, or women in general, and it sure isn't the media's fault. A man takes care of his problems and deals with them, and doesn't blame it on others. And like I said, I didn't need a man to teach me that.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 850
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:44:14 AM
not to be too analytical but judging by how you refer to your father you may not be as well adjusted as you think thus proving the other posters point...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feminism Your Views [under review]