Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody! [Closed for Revie      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 76
view profile
History
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!Page 4 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
Cooldude: I agree with that we need to be much more interested in factual evidence and LAW than the emotional hysteria and personal prejudices of those who choose to pick their favorite outcome, and then heed only those portions of "fact" which support that conclusion. However, with the cold eye of an clinical analysist, you've done some emotional justification yourself.

1 & 2) agreed.

3) agree, provisionally. I don't think that it will ever be proven that this was a racially inspired event, nor am I convinced that Zimmerman is openly bigoted, in fact, I'm more inclined to say he's not. But as I look at the 2 photos of these men, Zimmmerman when arrested 2 days ago, and the Trayvon photo from THIS school year, I have to ask myself...which of these 2 males would intimidate ME the most? I'm sorry to say....that it would be Zimmerman. And while I can honestly say that I don't think of myself as someone who HAS racial biases, the FACT is...that I know I do! As I analyze that bias, I realize that...Trayvon Martin looks just like any other 17 yr old macho teenage boy on the street...but that Zimmerman has these dark, beady little closeset eyes...and is in bad need of a shave! I have to slap my face and say...STOP IT! Physical appearance has NOTHING to do with character and INTELLECTUALLY...I know this...but as a human being...I think that those small quiet "judgements" will always be there. So, in that vein, I agree that I don't think Zimmerman is a blatant racist, but that does NOT negate the FACT...that Zimmerman has presented NO justification (as required by law....the "reasonable man") for his "suspicious" lable of Martin. Wearing a hoodie...BS, I'll bet you anything that Zimmerman himself has 1/2 a dozen or more "hoodies". Martin was NOT DOING anything "suspicious", by Zimmerman's own words....he was just "walking and looking about". Hell, when I go for a walk...I "look about" TOO! Sometimes I even STOP in front of a neighbors house to look at their landscaping...NOT because I'm planning to rob them...but because I see flowers that I might like go and buy for my own flower gardens. This certainly does NOT make me "suspicious"....unless of course...I'm wearing a hoodie?

4)
I don't think any of us really knows the extent on how far Zimmerman followed Treyvon, Could be Treyvon ran away and Zimmerman could not catch up or even he did catch up and/or returned to his vehicle, whatever.
Ahhh, but we DO know...by Zimmerman's own statements. He stated, "Ahhh, he's RUNNING!" From there however, we loose any real insight as to how the story unfolds from that time.

5)
People are saying it does not matter what trouble Trayvon got in prior to the shooting. Trayvons past history is very important in the case as it makes it feasible whether or not Treyvon is capable of attacking Zimmerman unprovoked.
Whoaaaa there cooldude! Now, I can agree that IF we consider Martins "past history" as important in his capability of attacking Zimmerman....THEN...we MUST ALSO consider Zimmerman's "past history" as important. Your statement indicates that you are NOT willing to here BOTH histories. Stop reading if it's too logical for you...but the FACTS ARE....that Trayvon Martin was suspended from school for having "RESIDUE" of marijuana in a plastic bag inside his bookbag. There are NO reports of ANY "violent" behaviors on Martins record...no fights at school. There is however, 1 unsubstaintiated report of a Facebook post where a cousin of Martin asked ...in some form of slang...."you didn't swing on a bus driver?". There (to my knowledge) have been NO reports of Martin stating that he DID "swing on" a bus driver, and until we see that.....to any reasonable mind, the cousin who asked the question was most likely displaying HIS behavior, (called projecting). Because this might have been the cousins behavior...he would assume that EVERYONE reacts as he would...which is NOT the case, and proves nothing.
We also KNOW...that Zimmerman DOES have a history of violent and aggressive behavior. He was arrested in 2006 (I believe) for interferring with the arrest of a friend and for assaulting a police officer. He was also arrested for domestic violence. While I will agree that domestic violence charges can often be bogus, the interferring with arrest, and assaulting a police officer are pretty compelling evidence of Zimmerman's violent history.
6)
The media greatly misrepresented Treyvon & Zimmerman to seem it was racially motivated and to sell news stories. Pictures showing Treyvon when he was like 13, rather then 17 and also Treyvon was more like 6'2 or 6'3 and probably weight more then 140Lbs.
The media does what they have to to sell newspapers...period. No intelligent and reasonable person believes everything they hear on the news. We read many reports from a wide variety of sources, throw out the 50% of extremes from each side (liberal and conservative views)...and then we believe that about 1/2 of what's left in the middle is somewhere close to the truth. That gives us about 25% of the overall picture from "media".
7)
Family trying to hide Trayvons past by shutting down his twitter & Facebook page.
WOW!!! This is really a stretch! First of all, let me inform you....as a parent who has a deceased child, and who tried in vain for MONTHS to "shut down" my daughters online profiles...that NO online social media site will shut down a page for a grieving parent! NONE! My daughters account was hacked about 1 year after her death. Imagine my surprise one day when I logged on to find my dead child....online! My biggest fear was her sisters reaction...who took the death so hard that were afraid for a long time that she was suicidal over her sisters death. Hackers, had taken my daughters account to spam "Acai Berry diets". A Marine's family was unable to shut down his accounts after his death.....to spare themselves the cruel and hideous comments of people who think that ALL military personnel should be killed. Your information however IS biased! There are other accounts saying that FACEBOOK shut down Martins account BECAUSE of the "abuses" which were happening there...and that the hits were choking their bandwidth.
8)
Security footage, some people say Zimmerman shows no injuries. Considering it was a bit far away around 15-20 feet away. I'm not totally convinced there were no injuries since policeman looks at the back of Zimmermans head. I want to see pictures at the scene, which were probably much closer up and easier to see. Normally police take pictures of injuries as evidence.
You, Sir...are about 2 weeks behind, but nothing like beating a dead horse if it furthers your own agenda. Zimmerman DID have injuries which were treated at the scene by paramedics. There are photos all over the place online if you have any interest in answers...but maybe you just like asking questions that have already been answered....ad nauseum. Zimmerman's "injuries" were treated at the scene..and not serious enough to warrant a detour to the ER for treatment.

9,10 and 11) Social Scientists put "eye witnesses" into the same catagory as lie detector tests, audio analysis, and handwriting experts. UNRELIABLE. "Eye witness" accounts are notoriously unreliable and frequently, easily broken particularly in cases like this...where "witnesses" were handicapped by darkness, being distracted while dialing 911, over excitement....and because years of scientific research has "proven" that witness have the unfortunate tendency to "see" what they EXPECT to see.
In regard to your dismissal of the audio analysis experts, no doubt you dismiss DNA evidence in child paternity as well. You no doubt question that just because 4x6=24...that it does NOT follow that 24 divided by 4 = 6. The HYPOTHESIS being tested by the "audio experts" was NOT whether the voice on the recording belonged to Trayvon Martin, but whether the voice on the recording DID belong to George Zimmerman. One does NOT preclude another totally unexpected choice....such as...since the voice did NOT belong to Zimmerman (most likely) they have NOT said that the voice DID in fact belong to Martin...but could have belonged to .....a kid in an apartment 3 buildings away.
12) Certainly....there is a lot of evidence that the general public will probably NEVER see. What "concerns" me however is this lop-sided "justice" of yours which claims impartiality and yet asks (demands) that the victim answer questions that you don't want to be asked of the "accused". Scary....really.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 77
view profile
History
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:11:07 AM
P.S. Under #7...there ARE reports TODAY, that Zimmerman...who had denied having a My Space page, even though the profile lists the person as 28 yr old male in Lake Mary Florida...and has a photo of Zimmerman and his wife....carrying the ID of "datniggietb". Family of Zimmerman have already defended the page...after denying that Zimmerman had EVER had a My Space page, then admitted that they'd forgotten about it...as had he....even though the account shows activity within the past week. IF you want to rely on those "eye witness" you place so much faith in...then you have one....a reporter who was on the phone with Zimmerman's wife...and who states that Zimmerman's wife commented..."Oh wow....I have to go.....theres a LOT of personal stuff on here".

Since I don't have much faith in "eye witnesses"....I tend to dismiss that reporters comments and insinuations, but being that you DO trust "eye witnesses"....you might want to rethink your position on Martins social networking pages....or...just keep blaming the victim and emotionally justifying Zimmerman's behaviors.
 single_forever
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:40:15 AM
@Russell5417

You can be the greatest parent on earth and do all that you can do to guide them/love them and still have problems with teenage boys or girls. They have a mind of their own and sometimes all that you can do is hope for the best. If they don't come home at night, sometimes, there isn't much you can do other than hope and pray for the best.

Nonsense. If you can't make your children understand that staying out at all hours of the night is unacceptable then you are a BAD parent. Being an adult means taking responsibility. Not hoping and praying that things will turn out all right.

msg 59...........it is obvious that you have never had any children..........let alone a teenage boy.

I was Trayvon's age once. And like Trayvon, I got suspended from school for being disrespectful to one of the staff members. As punishment, my parents didn't allow me to watch television, or leave the house for 3 weeks. No TV, no video games, no music. I was expected to come home straight from school and do my chores, and after dinner go to my room and study until bedtime. One time we had a family outing taking place at a restaurant. Since my mother did not want the other family members to miss my absence, I was allowed to attend. But I was told beforehand that I could only order a plate of spaghetti from the children's menu. That's how it was at my house. I got to play sports, go to Disneyland, live in a fine house and even had my own dog. But if you were punished, you were punished, end of story.

Teenaged boys who get suspended from school for drugs and vandalism don't just go to the candy store for iced tea and skittles. Unless you're a dysfunctional family, in which case I'm not surprised to see Trayvon's mother has a facebook page to solicit donations for her son's death. A decent woman would feel shame and remorse. A decent woman would not have allowed her son to sell drugs and post pictures of himself making gang gestures on social media sites.

The family lawyer has tried to cover up Trayvon's past, along with the media who are using photos of a much younger, more innocent looking Trayvon. But the truth is out there for anyone who cares enough to do the research.
 ThinkinginCA
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:47:44 AM

Nonsense. If you can't make your children understand that staying out at all hours of the night is unacceptable then you are a BAD parent. Being an adult means taking responsibility. Not hoping and praying that things will turn out all right.

Do you have any teenage children? Because according to your profile, you do not. So how would you know?
 single_forever
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:27:17 AM

Do you have any teenage children? Because according to your profile, you do not. So how would you know?

Common sense ma'am. Anyone who relies on "hope" and "prayer" to accomplish the difficult task of raising children is doomed to failure. Parenting means responsibility. I helped raise my ex-girlfriends son for several years. Even though our relationship failed, it hurt to lose them both, and I resolved that I would not have children of my own until I was 100% certain that I had found the right woman.
 ThinkinginCA
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:46:29 AM
^^So you're talking out your rear. There is no such thing as "common sense" when it comes to another human being, especially a hormone driven teen. I'm sure you were beaten into submission when you were a teen and never did anything your parents woud disapprove of, but most of us know better. Good luck with your future kids, let us know how that comes out.
 russell5417
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:05:50 AM
I raised my son by myself.........I use of the term "hope and pray" is a figure of speech. You are spinning that into something else altogether. I am not a member of any church. The last time I was in a church was attending a funeral in 2007.

In one one of your responses, you state that you were somewhat of a delinquent. So with your twisted logic, it would have been ok for someone mentally unbalance to shoot you, just assuming that you had lousy parents?

Zimmerman didn't shoot Martin in the middle of the night, he shot Martin in the afternoon while carrying home some skittles.

The parenting aspect of it is a NONE issue. Unless you might want to discuss George Zimmermans parents parenting skills. lol

I am just glad that they finally arrested the man who shot the teenage boy armed with the bag of skittles, after stalking him when he was clearly told not to do so.

So what now? Are you going to spin the size of the bag of Skittles into something as irrelevant as Trayvon Martins parents parenting skills? lol
 MysteriaFemme
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:17:06 AM
I am just glad that they finally arrested the man who shot the teenage boy armed with the bag of skittles, after stalking him when he was clearly told not to do so.

It hasn't even begun. Zimmerman may be released without a trial once his lawyer presents the "Stand Your Ground" defense. If the judge agrees ... Zimmerman walks ... no trial. If the judge finds this does not apply to the "Stand Your Ground" defense then a trial is warranted.

The first time Zimmerman was arrested the police played judge and jury and let him go.
 Paul K
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:34:13 AM
Hey thinking..........

You wrote:
"OMG, you've been spouting what peoeple would consider your crazy opions here probably for years"

You can have whatever opinion you care to have about my opinions, but be awares that OMG, you've been spouting what peoeple would consider your crazy opinions here probably for years.

Just because you don't agree with what I write doesn't make my opinions any crazier than yours...... and you've spouted off some doozies. I don't think that is the way to discuss issues such as this, but if you want to........ lets have at it. My comment was based on the fact that the writer made three large assumptions, on which he didn't have any proof, other than what he wanted to believe.

So far nobody has addressed what would have/have not happened IF Trayvon had lowered his hoodie, turned around and faced Zimmerman, and showed his hands. Does anybody here really believe that Zimmerman would have shot Trayvon if Trayvon had stopped and lowered his hoodie and showed his hands?

Paul K

edit: I HAVE raised a teenager, and can say uinequivocally that if I had only relied on hopes and prayers, she would be a terrible human being now. There were times when a physical confrontation was called for, and was the only answer. Today my daughter thanks me for not letting her out of the house during some of the times that she wanted to leave................
 raxarsr
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:39:45 AM
gotta love how all you folks know all the facts and legalities of this case.......................what channel news do you watch?.......were you there?.........i'm sure the prosicution could use your eye witness testimony

geeze people

heres the facts i know

a security guard/watchman followed a suspicious person..........[suspicious because he was inside a fenced off area]

a confrontation ensued..........the suspicious character was shot and killed..........[a very sad and unfortunate thing to be sure]

the shooter has a somewhat unsavory history

the victim has ..just recently......developed a somewhat unsavory history

other than that.........i.........and i'm betting 100% of the rest of you dont know any other facts

now i have a question to ask..............and i honestly would like honest answers

if the victim was black...................the shooter hispanic......................why is the race card being flashed and white folks are being blamed?................i'm serious.........i really cant comprehend the reasoning
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:40:56 AM
Folks, I think it's a good time for all of us to take a big chill-pill and wash it down with some decaf. This is a heated discussion and it's headed downhill when all we seem to do is snipe at each other.
The guy who shot the other guy is in custody, awaiting his justice.
We have to let them do their job, and drop the personal attacks.
R
 MysteriaFemme
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:45:39 AM

Folks, I think it's a good time for all of us to take a big chill-pill and wash it down with some decaf. This is a heated discussion and it's headed downhill when all we seem to do is snipe at each other.
The guy who shot the other guy is in custody, awaiting his justice.
We have to let them do their job, and drop the personal attacks.
R

I disagree. This thread has been tame. If you don't feed the trolls you don't get banned.
 want to travel
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:58:51 AM
it is stories like these that keep people from thinking about the very real and serious issues
lets face it people shoot each other all the time
everyday in Detroit,(just across the river)!
 jimmiex
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:38:05 AM
an average of forty people are murdered every day in america. the day mister trayvon martin was killed thirty nine others were killed and that week two hundred and eighty. the question that is never asked is why do we accept this level of mayhem and violence.

killing and the use of violence was once the near exclusive trait of men. but now books, movies and television shows include and glorify women and even children as agents of death. the runaway popularity of the film "hunger games" is a current example of this trend and the protagonist of that movie is hailed as an exemplar of female empowerment. yet no one asks why this is happening and why we accept it.
 russell5417
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:05:42 PM
.........."Hope and Pray"............figure of speech. Look it up. My bad...I used a figure of speech in reference to something that is a non-issue here in the discussion of a mentally ill wannabe cop, stalking a teenage boy wearing a hoodie, carrying a bag of Skittles home, in the afternoon, obeying his dads wishes that he return from the store as soon as he bought the bag of Skittles. Responsible teen, obeying his good parents wishes. lol

If anyone wants to get their jollies, by assuming that literally I hoped and prayed my way through responsible parenting, so be it. That is beside the point.

The point is...........the delusional, wannabe, mentally ill, vigilante "cop" stalked the teenage boy that was carrying the bag of Skittles and shot and killed him within pi$$ing distance of his dads home, after being told NOT to follow him by the 911 dispatch..

The teen had EVERY much right to defend himself as George Zimmerman. I guess George Zimmerman had a right to defend himself, because he was going to get his a$$ kicked for stalking and creeping out the teen boy? Who knows.....Trayvon may have thought George Zimmerman was a sex offender/predator.

The irony of it all is, that George Zimmerman has destroyed his own life along with the lives of the teens family while playing cop. George Zimmerman must have been living in LA LA LAND. But now he has catapulted his own sorry a$$ into reality land..........he has royally and literally fu&%ed himself, whether he goes to prison or not.

George (itmustsucktobehim) Zimmerman.....STALKER with a gun.

Trayvon Martin..............STALKEEE... teenager responsibly going home to his dads, armed with a bag of Skittles.. in the afternoon....in broad daylight. LOL

LOLOLOL
 ThinkinginCA
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:33:34 PM

Just because you don't agree with what I write doesn't make my opinions any crazier than yours

That was my point about your comment to Aristotle....
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:50:47 PM
It hasn't even begun. Zimmerman may be released without a trial once his lawyer presents the "Stand Your Ground" defense. If the judge agrees ... Zimmerman walks ... no trial

At which point; you have a race war on your hands.

I thought stand your ground meant "your" ground, not "ground you walked over" to get to the incvident.

Zimmerman's going to get murder 2 at the very least.

GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 1:47:37 PM

So far nobody has addressed what would have/have not happened IF Trayvon had lowered his hoodie, turned around and faced Zimmerman, and showed his hands. Does anybody here really believe that Zimmerman would have shot Trayvon if Trayvon had stopped and lowered his hoodie and showed his hands?
I've seen this kind of comment before....and it's a VERY DANGEROUS one.....not to mention one that is completely and totally against everything that RESPONSIBLE parents teach their children.

We are all taught in self defense classes that we do NOT assume a position of "submission" but one of power and authority when we are being "stalked". The LAST thing that Martin would have been taught to do, is to give the criminal who was stalking him any more encouragement by showing fear. This is exactly what child molesters do...they play on the "fear" and "submission" that uneducated children give to adults who have bad intentions.

This socialistic nonsense is one of the biggest problems with our country! People who have NO authority, trying to excercise authority over the weak minded...who just follow along like sheep! I remember, the year that my 2nd daughter told me that I "HAD" to attend at "meeting" at school at 7pm....or that SHE would get an "F" as a 6 weeks grade for English! The "meeting"....was to justify removing 8th graders from 2 weeks of English classes...to put them through some humanistic socialization crap. Since I had endured the meeting the previous year with my older daughter...and since I was in my own college class until 7:30pm that night...and since I was 36 yrs old....I wasn't too keen on some 27 yr old teacher telling me that she was going to fail my child....for MY lack of compliance with her little "cheerleading party". Daughter begged me to write a note which was "get her out of trouble" for her Mother's horrible crime....of believing in and respecting, the personal liberties and freedoms...theoretically guaranteed to us by the U.S. Constitution. Instead of an "excuse" pleading that my daughter not be penalized because I was being a "bad mom"....I sent the woman a copy of the Constitution. She was so dense....she replied, "Thanks, but you STILL haven't told me the REASON you did not attend!" OMG!!!
Another event.....it was on a SUNDAY morning for one thing...and we attend church regularly...but there was a "high school band concert" which started at 11am....and my daughter...who was in 4th grade..... her class was told...that if they did NOT attend this concert to support the high school...that THEY would get "Fs" for a semester grade! My daughter told the music teacher that SHE would not be attending....and this idiot man CALLED me...and said...he heard that I had a "transportation" problem! LOL! NO!!! I said....we have OTHER plans. He wanted to argue! Now, our routine was...that the girls Father would pick them up at church on Sunday afternoons for visitation and that while it was fine with ME if HE wanted to take the girls to the concert...but that it was HIS decision...but in any event, I did NOT appreciate my children being THREATENED in order to blackmail ME into playing their puppet.
One more! When my 17 yr old daughter decided that she should NOT have to follow MY rules....curfew, places where she was.....and was NOT allowed to be....we got into a bit of a "Mother/Daughter" war. Her attitude was such that....she was just going to go "live with Dad"....which she did. This lasted for 2 WEEKS. At 3am, she showed up on her grandmother's doorstep wanting to spend the night...because it got "cold" in her girlfriends car! She had told her Father she was spending the night with a girlfriend....and HE was too stupid to check it out....and know (as I already knew) that this girl....had no home...and that she "lived" in her car. So, at the end of those 2 weeks, the Assistant Principle called ME into the office to discuss my daughter. It seems that they were going to have to remove her from school...because her Father did not live in the district and she didn't want to change schools. This moron of an assistant Principle.....had the AUDACITY to recommend to ME....that I should allow my 17 yr old daughter to move back home.....and PAY RENT....thus "buying" herself the freedom to do as she pleased!!!!
I tried to explain to this moron that I am NOT a "landlady"...I AM a MOTHER...and that as a Mother, my rules are not about money....they were about doing what was RIGHT....and GOOD for my child!

SO, while you're all being all huffy about what kind of PARENT allows their child to be "out" at all hours......which in this case is truly stupid, because Martin was "out" at 7pm. But it is SCHOOLS, and all you LIBERAL hypocrits who advocate giving unreasonable power and authority to so called "adults" (like Zimmerman) who are ALL about throwing their weight around to bully and intimidate anyone who has the guts to stand up to their BS...YOU are the reason and the CAUSE for why decent parents have NO control over their children.

Out of ONE side of your mouths, you preach that kids should give authority to any "adult" who tells them rob, kill, disrespect their parents or anything else that suits you....and then out of the OTHER side of your mouth you rant about loving and decent parents who constantly fighting to protect their children from the evils that this society tries to influence them with!

I don't know Trayvon Martins parents...I don't know what their flaws are...maybe they are terrible....BUT maybe...just MAYBE...they were doing the best they could to combat the influence of you commie P.O.S.s who preach that anyone who's birthday falls a year before theirs is someone you have to submit and cowtow to!

As far as Trayvon Martin KNEW.....George Zimmerman was a CRIMINAL....someone with a gun...who was stalking him for NO reason....other than to harm him. It is absolutely unreasonable to expect Trayvon Martin to pull out his crystal ball and magically surmise that Zimmerman was actually someone with a right, and a reason to be stalking a young boy. The burden of identification WAS on George Zimmerman. Police HAVE to identify themselves as police. As far as Trayvon Martin knew...the man chasing him with a gun was just another Jeffery Dahlmer...who was going to rape him...and then cannabalize him. And based on THIS....you think Martin should have just turned himself over willingly and trust that the psycho chasing him was really a good guy...exhibiting some really "bad guy" behaviors??? I'm sorry...but teenagers are just NOT that logical. What next...he died because he wasn't mature enough to rationalize that sometimes adults act like jerks?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 2:04:15 PM

If you want to play the IF games, then why don't we start a little earlier than that?

What would have happened IF..... Zimmerman had heeded the instruction of the police dispatcher to desist in chasing Trayvon? Most likely Trayvon would be alive and Zimmerman would not be in jailed charged with murder.

Do you think that Zimmerman would have chased after Trayvon IF ...... he didn't have a gun? Most likely not, and the result would have been that Trayvon would still be alive, etc.....

What IF... Trayvon had been a real gangster with a penchant for violence and he had been carrying a gun when Zimmerman decided to chase him around that gated community. Could Trayvon have shot and killed Zimmerman because he feared for his life and decided to stand his ground? The fact is that he was carrying a bag of Skittles and a drink and he was trying to get away from Zimmerman.

And why on earth would any kid have to stop and lower his hoodie and show his hands to a crazy nobody when he wasn't doing anything wrong?

So, to answer your question. I think that Trayvon is dead because he had the misfortune of crossing that gated community when a murderer was lon the loose trying to find a victim to chase around and, ultimately , kill.
 Paul K
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 2:28:50 PM
Hey import........

Answers to your questions.
1. OK
2.Most likely Trayvon would be alive today.
3.NOBODY can or should make that assumption.
4. Yes
5. Because it is the SMART thing to do, and in this case, most probably life saving.

Now I have a question for you.
If you have a child in the age bracket of Trayvon, what advice would you give him/her? Would you tell them that you have RIGHTS, and don't back off on anybody, or would you tell them to be SMART?

Your last statement is revolting. You are saying that Zimmerman was a cold blooded killer, on the loose, LOOKING for a victum. That is stretching any version of the facts that are known.

Paul K
 cooldude
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/13/2012 2:44:52 PM

Since I don't have much faith in "eye witnesses"....I tend to dismiss that reporters comments and insinuations, but being that you DO trust "eye witnesses"....you might want to rethink your position on Martins social networking pages....or...just keep blaming the victim and emotionally justifying Zimmerman's behaviors.

The more witnesses you have, a more accurate portrail of the events that happened. If one witness had a totally different account, then the accuracy of the account is in question. Both witnesses have witnessed the same account by which Zimmerman himself stated. Which makes it far more reliable.

Of course Zimmermans background history is just as relevant, never said it was not.

My position on Treyvons social networking pages stands. Its not about blaming the victim, its getting a more accurate portrail of who Treyvon is really about. Not what the media portrays him as.

As I said before I'm not about emotional knee jerk reactions. In fact the first thing I thought when I heard the story is why did he shoot a young boy. But then a lot of things come to light that much change the story we see on the surface.
 MysteriaFemme
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/13/2012 2:50:20 PM

How does one know that to answer? We don't even know what really happened.
 Paul K
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 2:55:43 PM
Hey mysteria...........

You are right, we don't know what happened. BUT, in order to believe that Zimmerman would have shot Trayvon if Trayvon had lowered his hoodie and turned around and faced him with open hands, you would have to believe that Zimmerman was looking for someone to kill.

While I do believe that Zimmerman had no reason whatsoever to shoot Trayvon, I don't believe that he was on the prowl for somebody to shoot. Zimmermans ruined his life, and took the life of another, and hopefully will pay the price.

Paul K
 matchlight
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 2:58:28 PM

I think that Trayvon is dead because he had the misfortune of crossing that gated community when a murderer was lon the loose trying to find a victim to chase around and, ultimately , kill.

I think I see how you think. It's called jumping to conclusions.

Zimmerman is already a murderer. I had thought that at most, he has only been charged with murder.

Zimmerman was "on the loose." So he should have been confined even before he committed this murder?

Zimmerman was trying to find a victim to chase and kill. That's another way of saying he premeditated what he did. So the state should have charged him with first-degree murder, and the prosecution is wrong to charge him only with second-degree murder.
 cooldude
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/13/2012 3:05:44 PM

You, Sir...are about 2 weeks behind, but nothing like beating a dead horse if it furthers your own agenda. Zimmerman DID have injuries which were treated at the scene by paramedics. There are photos all over the place online if you have any interest in answers...but maybe you just like asking questions that have already been answered....ad nauseum. Zimmerman's "injuries" were treated at the scene..and not serious enough to warrant a detour to the ER for treatment.

I said I would give my thoughts on the case. I did not realize there was a time limit on talking about any part of the case in general or perhaps your filling your own agenda.

but maybe you just like asking questions that have already been answered....ad nauseum
Now we get people to decide whats allowed to talk about...nice.

I don't really care about the outcome for or against Zimmerman if it shows he has injuries or not. Just that we cannot base it on grainy video from a distance and rely on actual crime photos taken at the scene.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody! [Closed for Review]