Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Height Filter      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SwanSpirit
Msg: 26
Height FilterPage 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Foxy you're my kinda girl whatever the size of your biff darling.
 shortbutsweet63
Msg: 27
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:03:52 PM
O kaaay which one of you ladies is gonna fill me in on what a "biff" is rofl!!
 Knight_Time_Noodle
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:54:30 PM

Too right, they'd start a riot if they did that.......

The ladies, they can be as picky as they like. But for a guy to state "size 12 and under only" on their profile, is like poking North Korea with a big nuclear stick.

Could not have put it better myself, however there is one big difference. If you are on the large size (something I have no problem with myself) you can always go on a diet/exercise more, however if you are on the short side you are that way for life unless you happen to know someone with a working medieval torture rack.

There is nothing wrong with having "preferences" it's stating that you are looking for a certain type (usually a nice person) but then turn down the ones that fit that description because they don't happen to be of a certain height, earn a certain amount or look like a model etc.

It would be nice if people were honest in what they are looking for, so rather than saying that they want a "Nice" person, just say "i'm looking for someone that is tall/dark/rich/handsome and it would be a bonus if they are nice, however unless you fulfill one or more of the first four criteria, nice will get you nowhere".

Not too much to ask is it?

I see there's a bash at a Hobbit Hotel, so might just go to that.

Can I come too? Though i'd probably end up having one too many and find myself waking up next to Gollum.
 FoxyMoron74
Msg: 29
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:58:37 PM
A Biff, me dear, is a laalaa - minge - flange - clunge - etc...

hehe x
 *rem*
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:10:09 PM
've said this before but I'm automatically put off someone who states too many preferences just chat the person if you like them meet them and decide if you fancy them then.

Agreed. How silly would it be to pass someone because they are an inch under your height requirements. Whats important? The wedding photo?
Edit: " It would be nice if people were honest in what they are looking for, so rather than saying that they want a "Nice" person, just say "i'm looking for someone that is tall/dark/rich/handsome and it would be a bonus if they are nice, however unless you fulfill one or more of the first four criteria, nice will get you nowhere".

Years ago it was a womans perogative to change her mind. Now its expected that women should want everything and nothing at the same time
 mazeyh
Msg: 31
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:11:33 PM
Maybe someone should start a thread on what folk are really looking for. I can't.I can't start threads.
 lostlittlelamb
Msg: 32
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:15:38 PM

Plus has anyone else noticed that the OP doesnt have a piccy so how can you make a fuss about height when no one can see you

As suggested by someone else, I have a photo or two that I attach to messages, depending on how the messaging is going ::): and I don't see it as making a fuss. I've read several profiles recently where a woman of less than 5'4" states something a long the lines of "must be 6 foot so I can wear my favourite heals"
 oldndazed
Msg: 33
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:18:48 PM
'Could not have put it better myself, however there is one big difference. If you are on the large size (something I have no problem with myself) you can always go on a diet/exercise more, however if you are on the short side you are that way for life unless you happen to know someone with a working medieval torture rack.'

I'm not totally f*cked then, I'm going on a diet tomoz. Smiley
 Bond_Girl
Msg: 34
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:29:52 PM
I'm 5'5" and went on a date with a guy who's profile stated that he was 5'10" so I thought I could get away with wearing 2.5" heels... you can see where this is going!
My point is, a height setting won't fix the wishful thinking of some on here.. and I'm damn sure the same BS would be given if there was a p***s setting... but it would make the testimonials more fun to read!! :D
 Knight_Time_Noodle
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:31:15 PM

I'm not totally f*cked then, I'm going on a diet tomoz.

Nope you are not "totally ****ed". Most people have a choice (There was a big debate on 5 Live yesterday about this) as to what 'size' they are, however even if you or anyone else does not have a such a 'choice' I know for a fact that many, many more men go for "larger ladies" than the number of women who are willing to date a "short" guy.
 DragonBits
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:52:26 PM
Cinderfreakinella, maybe just a run of bad luck, (AKA "oh gawd, you are tall aren't you!") while you are a little taller than average 5.7 isn't any unusual height.

My guess is shorter men are used to women 5.7 wearing flats to help them out, when they acually get up close you look 5.9.
 *rem*
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 4:26:34 PM

I'm 5'5" and went on a date with a guy who's profile stated that he was 5'10" so I thought I could get away with wearing 2.5" heels... you can see where this is going!
My point is, a height setting won't fix the wishful thinking of some on here.. and I'm damn sure the same BS would be given if there was a p***s setting... but it would make the testimonials more fun to read!! :D

Either size matters or it doesnt.. make your mind up.
 shortbutsweet63
Msg: 38
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:01:48 PM

hehe x

O M G pmsl!!!!!
 sprite1950
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/16/2012 11:15:59 PM

Ha Ive heard of biffins bridge which I believe is the bit between the two holes but not heard it called biff before
 Bond_Girl
Msg: 40
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:12:41 AM
Either size matters or it doesnt.. make your mind up.

Obviously the point escaped you... honesty about who/what you are IS what matters. Of that my mind is completely made up. Was that an attempt to be funny, if so you failed. Height is just height, being true to yourself, even if that means showing how much of a pedantic azz you are is the was to go.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:19:06 AM
" showing how much of a pedantic azz you are is the was to go"

You mean "way".

I'm being pedantic, sorry :-).
 lostlittlelamb
Msg: 42
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:33:55 AM
As a matter of interest, I decided to do the advanced search, leaving a few options wide open but being more specific on others and received

SEARCH RESULTS Eldest means eldest child.
 AlmostNormal666
Msg: 43
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:39:09 AM
Message 1
Go to the garden centre by a big grow bag , stand in it for a few days/weeks ., then problem solved .Lol
 shortbutsweet63
Msg: 44
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:44:47 AM
Ha Ive heard of biffins bridge which I believe is the bit between the two holes but not heard it called biff before

LMFAO!!!!! Oh Sprite thanks for making me laugh on this wet miserable morning *hugs*
 Yorks_Nick
Msg: 45
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:22:11 AM
i see REM hit the nail on the head yet again, funny but true guy lol
 Bond_Girl
Msg: 46
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 10:33:14 AM
I'm being pedantic, sorry :-).
Yes I did and yes you are.. but you are at least funny when you do it!

Must have been a transatlantic (lmao) humour-fracture, maybe on my part.. if so it's a first so I'm not in the least bit bothered.
Height, weight, personality or girth ;o) whatever the falsehood ~ it's pointless, there's someone for everyone and they'll like/love you just the way you are.
 Wafta
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 11:08:05 AM
Ooooh I do love a good pedant :-)

Doesn't matter how short or tall he is either and I'm 5'9".
 Bond_Girl
Msg: 48
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 11:20:33 AM
Me too wafta haha..

Doesn't matter how short or tall he is either
Me either my ex's have been between 5'6" and 6'1" ~ but would it have bothered you if they had exaggerated their height prior to meeting you?
 HowAboutYouAndMe
Msg: 49
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:35:51 PM
I've not read every post, but i don't have any issues with height... I'm 6ft 4" and obviously taller when i'm wearing my army boots, but that has never been an issue for me with other women. They tend to like my stocky build and height...

I have no preference to how tall my potential suitor is, so long as she isn't taller than me. I will NOT be bullied into doing that washing up until i've had at least 10 mins to rest after a hard days graft haha!

There should probably be a width filter though, but then again, half of the women who say they have "average" bodies when clearly they're in denial about being much bigger would probably lie about that too...
 *rem*
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Height Filter
Posted: 4/17/2012 1:34:54 PM

Obviously the point escaped you... honesty about who/what you are IS what matters. Of that my mind is completely made up. Was that an attempt to be funny, if so you failed. Height is just height, being true to yourself, even if that means showing how much of a pedantic azz you are is the was to go.

Do I sense a little hostility? (woosh).. No i wasnt being funny. I was commenting on height, not lying. Did you forget the title of the thread?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Height Filter