Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Nightmare Dates      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FuryanBabe
Msg: 26
Nightmare DatesPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I think that says more about your mate than his date The Last Duran!!

I've not really had any horrendous dates.. but I did have a date with a chap who not only said "I thought you said you'd lost weight" when I opened the door.. and I followed with "I thought you said you were 5ft 9"... but when we went out for the coffee we'd arranged (I should have just shut the door on him!), he proceeded to talk about his ex, who he would still be going out with, if only she hadn't chosen the drink over him. After half an hour of hearing how great she was, and slim(!) and that normally he went out with slim women but thought I was pretty, and him moaning about how bad the coffee was.. I got up and said I wasn't going for the walk we had planned and was going to go to the papershop and buy the biggest bar of chocolate that I could find..
 Tayfire
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:40:20 AM
One of the worst one's spring to mind in the early 80's. I went out one saturday night with a woman who lived on a farm north of the city where i lived. She was very shy and it was like speaking to a brick wall. LoL Exept if you mentioned her dogs. We ended up going to a local disco The Cocnut Grove which is no longer there and she turned around and said to me "why don't you dance with someone else" I said to her " I'm with you"LoL.
 RobinMJ
Msg: 28
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:44:43 AM
For gawd sake, webcam chat is kind-of essential. Or Facetime if you've got an iPad!
 __kerri__
Msg: 29
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:25:40 AM

OP long may you continue to be able to afford to be so picky about other peoples clothing and carrier bags! Some of us,,,myself included, have to shop in the likes of primark and lidl at times. I wouldnt like to be referred to as a nightmare date based on that though

I think I would turn my nose up at a woman using a lidl bag as a handbag if I was a bloke,I don't think he is picky,I think she was slovenly and lacking basic intelligence
 Ant2312
Msg: 30
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:34:30 AM
.. for heaven's sake ... what difference does it make if someone uses a Lidl plastic bag or a M&S bag - it's just a bag ffs! What a total SNOB!

Netto I can handle, Aldi I can handle, but Lidl and Primark? no sorry, has scutter written all over it

Primark is ok for your work underwear or something, but even then, you don't take tha bag out of the house after going home from the shop (it's ok to use it for picking up dog muck when you're out with the dog though)

OP long may you continue to be able to afford to be so picky about other peoples clothing and carrier bags! Some of us,,,myself included, have to shop in the likes of primark and lidl at times. I wouldnt like to be referred to as a nightmare date based on that though.

well you're a nightmare on here if something trivial like that winds you up, so who's to say you aren't one when you're out of an evening with a few sherbets down you?
(stroppy in taxi rank at end of evening, takes stillettos off to use as weapons in the resulting punch up)
 The_Last_Duran
Msg: 31
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:45:55 AM
cupOn a first date you should make every effort because you are hopefully meeting your partner for life. Now we all see POF differently, I am here to meet someone and get off this site. Therefore on my date I want the lady to see me at my best, designer clothes, classy shoes, good hair, nice smell and arrive before my date - all the things I think a genuine man should do.
If a girl wants to show herself as a chav with a tacky plastic bag then she is not for me. Yes, I am a bit stuck up but I know what I am looking for.
 Ant2312
Msg: 32
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:50:54 AM
I remember one of my dates, I was all done up, nice gear, shiny shoes, just had hair cut, expensive aftershave on

we met up, she was wearing a low cut top and had a nice rack, she gave me a peck on the cheek and said "ohhh, you small nice fella, what have you got on?"

I replied, " A 'hard', but I didn't think you could smell it"
 sprite1950
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:53:53 AM
^^^^ lol did you see her again?
 Ant2312
Msg: 34
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:10:01 PM

^^^^ lol did you see her again?

yeah, In my bedroom that night
the coffee table
the kitchen worktops

and a quick knee trembler in the garage before she went home the next day after I cooked her breakfast
 Nobilo
Msg: 35
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:14:03 PM
Jeez, i've had it easy, no real dramas at all. Remember Loot? went on a date from there once, totally miss described she did, knew her way around a knife and fork, but wasn;t nice with it, shame.

And Lidls do great ham!
 BackDoorsBeryl
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:15:55 PM

And Lidls do great ham!

thats cos its cat
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 37
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:21:01 PM
Mmmm, where do I start...

There was the midget (didn't tell me), there was the physically handicapped guy (didn't tell me), there was the guy that had a massive wind problem and carried a can of air freshener around with him AND kept spraying it denoting each time he farted,there was the guy that turned up looking like a vagrant, there was the alcoholic, there was the guy that turned up stoned, the guy that told me to dress to kill then took me to a sainsbury supermarket coffee shop ...and so on and so on...and that's me being picky! Goodness knows what the ones I turned down are like :-)

More detail and other stories will be told in the book/DVD etc
 chillicat
Msg: 38
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:31:00 PM
there was the guy that had a massive wind problem and carried a can of air freshener around with him AND kept spraying it denoting each time he farted

at least he made an effort..one woman i met on a date who had a wind problem kept putting a match to them everytime she farted..right in the middle of a packed fecking alehouse as well..as you can imagine..i was disgusted and once again made my excuses and left..im having no dealings with any of that sort of carry on..in fact..with my own past experiences and reading other peoples on here as well..its totaly put me off this internet dating lark for good..i think ill stay single..
 ~Hams~
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:31:44 PM
It was very wrong of this woman to use a fake photo and I
think the OP deserves some credit for being a gentleman and staying until the end!

I took my last date to Sainsburys to help me do my shopping and we had a fantastic
couple of hours and she managed to save me about 5 quid as she was good at spotting bargains
so i treated her to a sandwich which was on special offer to say thank you as I always like to be romantic.
 qwerty208
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:37:21 PM
Arrrh Cinders that made me laugh can I order a copy of the book/DVD now please ha ha

I haven't been on a date yet perhaps because I spend more time reading the forums than on the dating site side, where else could I go and have a good belly laugh at some of the things I read on here :) Who needs a date!
 soverncomfort
Msg: 41
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:46:54 PM
Thanks all .....had some good laughs. Do people really do these things. Oh jeez and I've been moaning I've not had a date yet. Maybe I've had a lucky escape.

Mind you when i read all the things people are fussy about before they even get to the date stage, it maybe shows that what looks good to you on a profile doesn't necessarily translate into real life. The best date could well be the one who says "snuggled on the sofa with a bottle of wine and DVD" ...tada lol.
 MsSunshine84
Msg: 42
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:57:37 PM
OP......Thanks for starting this thread as its turning LOL Thursday evening for me reading the comments.

"First date you should make every effort because you are hopefully meeting your partner for life. Now we all see POF differently, I am here to meet someone and get off this site. Therefore on my date I want the lady to see me at my best, designer clothes, classy shoes, good hair, nice smell and arrive before my date - all the things I think a genuine man should do.
If a girl wants to show herself as a chav with a tacky plastic bag then she is not for me. Yes, I am a bit stuck up but I know what I am looking for."

Agree.
I always say to a guy before the date 2 things. 1) Make sure you take care of your business before the date because you aint going to get anything out of me. 2) Make sure to smell good. STANDARD.

day-trader
Msg: 43
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:24:01 PM

Did she not even get a goodbye kiss .lol

No she didn't and not for the want of trying, I walked "briskly" away from that one.

@Duran, please tell me your mate strapped up. lol
 chattaholic
Msg: 44
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:05:54 PM

well you're a nightmare on here if something trivial like that winds you up, so who's to say you aren't one when you're out of an evening with a few sherbets down you?
(stroppy in taxi rank at end of evening, takes stillettos off to use as weapons in the resulting punch up)

OMG I was spotted????.....wipes blood off heels. Next date wont notice that!
 plentyofscoobysnacks
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:03:20 PM
If she posted a photo that wasn't her then she got off very lightly with you mate. I would have just walked off and not even fealt bad about it. If shes lied about who she is to get the date then she doesn't deserve it.

I can never understand the story's i hear about of people putting in fake pictures or men lieing about their hight ect... surely all your doing is setting yourself up for one mighty fall on first impressions and one you wont be able to get back up from.

Theres posting a slightly flattering photo and then there's straight up deception.

o/t, iv been on dates where i instantly knew she wasn't for me but never anything as nightmare like as youv described to be honest :)
 Sirenara
Msg: 46
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:00:11 PM
We "met" on here, he had a photo taken next to his motorbike and not really my "type" but I thought he was OK and he was ultra keen to meet me. We spoke a few times on the phone but I was a little wary of him as he said some things that didn't seem quite "right" but it was a 1 hour meet in a public place.

We met at a pub (in Oz) he arrived on a different motorbike in his leathers, I don't see too well long distance but as he got nearer he looked rather than the guy that rides his bike on Sunday for fun more like a serious biker, ie retired ex Hell's Angel's. (Australia has a lot of motor bike gangs.)

He then started to talk about another world of which I know nothing, the previous night he had been to King's Cross a notorious red light district in Sydney to meet his friend in the sex industry, he had 7 houses which he was selling to open a bistro/museum to show his 57 motorbikes, he had a pawn shop and called one of his staff The Mattress and just displayed a general disrespect for women, the name he had given me wasn't his real name but he couldn't say what it was and so on, he looked me up and down from head to toe like I was a piece of meat and said oh you look quite good and I got a shudder up my spine, the quieter I got the more he talked, at one point he asked was he scaring me, I said no I'm not scared (I was) but we are on different pathways in life. He then said well I should tell you, I made all my money from a BROTHEL I used to own.

At which point I said my goodbye's (50 minutes) he said Oh so we're not getting married then, then he tried to persuade me to go and see the house he was getting built and whether I liked it, I nervously laughed and shot to my car, locked all the doors with central locking and drove like a cat out of hell!! For weeks afterwards every time the phone rang I used to jump out of my skin.

One girlfriend who is very much into money told me I should have have continued to see him and I would have been set for life, I said I am not selling my soul to the devil, you can go out with him!!
 marcochampo
Msg: 47
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:24:21 PM
i just don't get , how people can go on so many bad dates,, don't you talk to each other before you arrange a date ,,
ask questions what they do for a living , hobby's ,entertainment/where they socialize. is the pic recent and a true likeness..
i think most of what has been been posted could have been revealed ,through a few probing questions ..
before you commit to a date/meet ..
 Sirenara
Msg: 48
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:28:18 PM
^^^^^^^^^

This was a few years ago, hindsight is a wonderful thing, from now on I will be doing the Skype thing as posted on other threads, though I have never done that before.

Funny thing is the guy looked exactly like his pic and was the right height and weight he said he was.

I don't do big first dates anyway, one hour is enough to meet for a coffee or a drink.
 marcochampo
Msg: 49
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:41:45 PM
This was a few years ago, hindsight is a wonderful thing, from now on I will be doing the Skype thing as posted on other threads, though I have never done that before.

just makes sense to me, that if you like someone enought to arrange a meet ,
there seems nothing wrong with chatting on video call,to gauge their reactions to questions that you ask them..
 x_kags_x
Msg: 50
Nightmare Dates
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:05:51 AM
To be honest if a bloke asked me to switch my cam on I'd probably block him! Does make sense I guess but it's not something I've ever come across or felt the need to do. If they have several pics up, chances are it is probably them.

My nightmare date was slightly different though I've had a few bad ones. I tripped on the stairs to the loo and ended up getting wheeled out of the bar into an ambulance, having dislocated my shoulder and passed out with the pain.

Didn't see him again strangely enough...
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Nightmare Dates