Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why do you think you have not had success on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redsocksfn33
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why do you think you have not had success on POF?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Wow just wow!! You know you only get what you put out there. Sure there are money grubbers, both sexes. Liars & players on all sides.

My philosophy was nothing ventured nothing gained. I never refused a meet with anyone for looks, money , kids etc....

And guess what happened? I met a man so against my "type" it was laughable. He was only 5'7", he was gutted in his divorce and abit of a POF player, but.... there was something there. I did the unthinkable from what I hear on this site. I didn't sleep with him on the first date LOL!

So now fast forward we are coming up on a 4 yr anniversary, we have a great home and a wonderful love & life.

He is still only 5'7" and still not rich, his hair is thinning & he talks hockey way too much - but I wouldn't change a thing!

You can have success here, just don't throw anyone away because the don't fit "criteria" You never know!!
 armyguy_tx
Msg: 27
Why do you think you have not had success on POF?
Posted: 8/23/2012 9:32:26 PM
i think online dating in general is just alot different than the real world...nobody has to worry about a real put on the spot rejection in front of many people...so you get alot of people approaching types of women and men they wouldnt normally approach.

I think that results in a woman or man bypassing others that they wouldnt normally. How many of you know that couple that the woman refused to date or even talk to at first? he was persistent over several weeks...months etc...that doesnt happen online because people are block friendly...

to sum it up i think alot of women and men see these top knotch types and go after those...in many cases they want someone whos not going to for them most of the time...meanwhile bypassing the men that could have very well been a good match for them...it goes to show you some of the men and women who have been on this site for several years and nothing as much as a few dates to show for it
 asearchingwoman
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/24/2012 8:37:00 AM
nhra1966, I feel I must disagree about the looks. I look at the photos, not for the facial features (ie handsome or not) - rather, I look to see if they are well groomed, well presented, what they were doing at the time the photograph was taken, and even what is in the background. These things often tell more even than some of the profiles.

For example, I would not contact them if they are holding a beer up to the camera, or if they are engaged in some activity that is not suited to the lifestyle I choose to lead. Likewise if the photo reflects that they don't take pride in their appearance, or they are standing next to a motor bike or draped over a car. This is not judgmental - they are living lives that make them happy, as they should. They are just not what I am searching for.

One can read 100 profiles and for the most part, they say nothing of the person, but the photograph says a lot.
 summerkisses89
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:26:47 PM
Men are visual creatures. Most men judge on outer appearnce before making a move on a woman he's attracted to. Unfortunately this is the internet and images on profiles are what catches each individuals visual taste. Online dating first impression is a picture, while the person's bio and interests are either irrelevant or comes secondary.
 summerkisses89
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:31:25 PM
First off, you are far from ugly, who ever called you ugly must have been an evil spirited, classless skank. Even the men have to be careful who they speak to. btw I think you look hansom =)
 bibliophile1
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/12/2013 8:12:49 PM
I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm pretty much not a very good date (it's kind of true), and the men only want me for one thing...then the ones that do want love I often aren't attracted to (and my standards are broader than other women I know). I need to change up because I hardly meet men in real life...but POF is a bit like a microcosm of real life for me. I really need to get out there.
 alexmiller29
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2013 12:20:03 AM
I'm not sure why I have not had any luck. I don't really care to cause no matter what I still am happy for myself even if I never find any one to share it with. I'll just keep reaching out to people and trying to get dates but over all I don't need any one more than myself. It is getting harder and harder now to even find a good person and it is even worse when you are a good person and now one will even send a reply even to say they're not interested in you thanks for the message. I mean are manners gone now? All women say they want a good guy and when one contacts them they never reply and wonder where all the good guy's have gone. We have stopped using dating site's do to all the Bs and never giving a good guy a chance. Every one just needs tp stop being so judgemental and give people a chance and we all may find the one person we are looking for.
Thank you all for letting me voice my opion on here.
 tv_kenny
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:54:10 PM
I just joined this site, so i'm a newbie at this, but not at online dating in general.
I find it's the same shit different toilet. For the amount of times I've heard that such and such site is better than another site, so many times I kind of expected it wasn't.

Same women who view but don't say nothing, I don't know if it's just western society in general, or just a regional thing where people have this disconnect.

Is it high expectations or just people not being abel to tell reality from dream land. I say I give it about a month before I just drop this site like I did the last one.
 ben1731
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:55:44 PM
I been on here here and to be honest im not looking for a woman here any more I meet a few good woman over time and they have left the site now I never got a date out of it I came back just for the forums ?
 sexyred18
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/24/2013 6:56:04 PM
i read your words and was a bit taken back by what you said, how someone looks does in fact draw the eye , for men and women both. so dont act as if its not the looks of a woman your attracted to first. dont think a guy who is good looking and is a jerk draws all the ladys. i have seen guys say stuff like a weight limit as well as breast size requirements on this site. i have been asked to to webcam with the intent of them seeing me naked ass well. im sure your a good guy but dont clump all women into the same ideals.
 key master suzi
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 9:40:08 AM
You spend a lot of time talking to a man that you say your not interested in. Have you ever thought that maybe you are fighting against sometime, that is GOOD!? You don't have to worry about it your kid's will ever see him as, Dad. Maybe all they want to see, is there Mom, Happy!
 SoMuch4U
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 10:46:32 PM
Hey, it is just an internet site where people look at pictures and read bogus profiles or not so bogus profiles. Really I just don't have the time for it. I can go out to a Boston Pizza, Jack Astors or Kelseys type place and meet all kinds of women and know after 20 or 30 mins. or so if there is some chemistry

You can spend days weeks here with some messages just to decide whether or not to meet, its just a waste of my time

And typing this was an effort, but being here a few years - just saying how it is
 alan_50501
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:54:03 PM
Too ugly for anyone....
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why do you think you have not had success on POF?