Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Rate People - Women rate men waaaaaaaaaaay low      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nanabread
Msg: 26
Rate People - Women rate men waaaaaaaaaaay lowPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
because women are more attractive then men. there are more good looking women then good looking men.

peace
 smith2267
Msg: 27
Rate People - Women rate men waaaaaaaaaaay low
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:35:54 PM
^^So why haven't we become extinct?
 smith2267
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/10/2005 5:23:14 PM
^^I mean, seeing as all men are so ugly.
Do we, as a species, owe our survival to pity sex, or alcohol, or what?
Why do women keep having sex with us? I mean granting that you are right about men being ugly.
 dion111
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/10/2005 6:18:37 PM
Well I now feel the same, as I am new to this place I only have two people that rated me one was a guy gave me a 4 one was a girl gave me a 1, now I dont think I am all that one could be but a 1 is like saying a dogs A$$ being dragged across the carpet is better than me.
 JentleJiantJim
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:49:31 PM
Okay, in case nobody else noticed this (guys AND gals), the "Rate People" section is for "Pictures". I know that we men and women see things differently, but just the simple fact that anyone is rating their pics because of things they say in their profile is defeating the whole purpose!

If the function is there to judge people on BOTH pics AND profiles, then there would be a mandatory 1 minute wait for "reading time" or something...before you could vote.

No one is ugly enough to deserve a one. Maybe they are not your taste but don't be cruel.

I think this is the smartest thing anyone has said on the subject. It's just vicious to actually come on here and say that this person is SO unattractive, that they only deserve the LOWEST POSSIBLE rating in the whole system.

Can anyone on here truly say that there is a SINGLE person on this site that they would give a 1 out of 10 when they were standing right in front of them? I doubt it.
 JentleJiantJim
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:51:07 PM
Sorry guys, I know that was a little ventilicious, but it seems to be a hot-button for a lot of people. I had to get my two cents in.

Thanks for not sending hate mail!
 valleygal4u
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/16/2005 11:49:52 PM
~Rate People - Women rate men waaaaaaaaaaay low~

my experience on here has always been good from the men. it's the women who downvote other women with 1's and 2's for the most part. i think that's rather childish and dumb. now that i think of it though. why rate your face at all? if people find you attractive they will write you. if they don't they won't (and who cares?). sometimes potential mates can be swayed by looking at what others think of you. it certainly is a shame considering how inaccurate the voting system is on here. i know some who vote literally hundreds of other people "10's", in hopes of receiving a 10 vote in return (they don't even wait for the picture to load in). there are also many who downvote people because they want to be on the "top list" and it's just another easy way to climb the ranks by downvoting them to drop them out of the upper ranks.
just my thoughts,
sasha
 globalmike
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/17/2005 12:17:22 AM
Here's an idea: try not being ugly and you won't get rated so low.
 smith2267
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/17/2005 4:35:18 AM
^^Big talk from someone who doesn't allow his pic to be rated...
 nicemale
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/17/2005 7:11:50 AM
Woman dont Rate enough!!!! They dont show up what they want!!!! With a history they can show at least the type of man they are attracted to, but nothing!!!! Woman - RATE, lets go!!!!
 tampablu
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/17/2005 7:38:28 AM
Well at least 5 women voted me 7 or higher. I just wish they were in my town..
Hopin' green thing
 globalmike
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/17/2005 8:17:53 AM
You got me there. How embarassing.

My suggestion on how to fix the problem is valid whether it's mean spirited or not - deal with it.
 leafslady
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/17/2005 8:18:47 AM
Valleygal...too true...women are much more harsh on other women....

I put my pic on ratings about a month ago..just to see...1's and 2's from women in thier 30's.
Oh,well...as long as I'm happy with myself..I'm not bothered by it.
 smith2267
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/17/2005 1:27:04 PM
The 18 to 25 women seem to always rate the lowest. Wonder why?
 globalmike
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/18/2005 1:19:39 AM

sometimes potential mates can be swayed by looking at what others think of you.

That's exactly what I look for - a bandwagon jumper!
 jclaus
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/18/2005 5:36:48 AM
Fortunately, I get high votes. I wonder why? Maybe it's because women would rather rate a pink or fat grey cat higher than a pic of an actual women. Who knows, but it's all good.
 jclaus
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/20/2005 5:23:32 AM
Disregard^^^^
Oops, I must not of understanded how the vote breakdown works, I don't get high votes.
 babii_shawtii
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 6:51:37 AM
I have not, and will not vote for anyone...I don't judge by looks...I have yet to look at how I was voted, and honestly, I don't care...I like Myself, that's all that matters :)
 AthleticguyinSF
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2007 9:48:01 PM
The entire rating system is not thought out properly. The link says "rate people" and not rate images of people. Based on the responses to the thread people are interpreting this differently. Even if one were to assume we were intended to rate only the photo then are they including the quality of the image and the lighting or are they asking for a rating of the person in the photo as potential for being a model? If they were asking us to rate how attractive we find the person in the image then it should also say you should first read their profile before voting.

This is what is called non science. There is no control of the conditions. It would be like someone doing a test in a lab to determine something and then having someone go in and switch all the data around without telling the person reading the results.
 BergZ
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2007 6:19:01 PM
sugarpiehunnybunch

"Women rate other women low too though...from the 18-25 crowd I am getting an average of 3.4, but a 6 with everyone else."

I've noticed some very pretty girls, and some very handsome men receiving scores way too low for their physical attractiveness. I suspect jealousy at play.

When it comes to the profiles, I like to have my picture rated because I take a full disclosure/let-it-all-hang-out approach to PoF. It's kind of like raising a flag and saying: "Here's what I am, are you attracted to it?"

I would like to suggest that PoF have a similar (voluntary) rating system for profile content. I'd be curious to see how well the picture ratings match up with the profile ratings!
 *FoxyMoron*
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/30/2007 7:00:36 PM
I have the same woman (in the oldest age bracket) voting my pic a 1, every time i put a new pic up she does the same, i am actually fully aware of who it is and i think its actually really funny
When you look at the top 500 i would say at least 30% are fake pics. They are easy to spot a mile off, but i suppose we are rating on how nice the pic is supposed to be rather than the person and their ability to google something like "Women with nice bottoms in frilly knickers"!!!
These people are only fooling themselves at the end of the day....

I would like to suggest that PoF have a similar (voluntary) rating system for profile content. I'd be curious to see how well the picture ratings match up with the profile ratings!

Oh nooooooooooooooooo.... i would be voted mean and nasty when i have edited when i am in a fould mood
 bolond
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/30/2007 7:06:25 PM

I guess I don't even rate. Now...don't everyone go and rate just because I said I don't have a rating. Not that it matters, I don't even know how to check.
 adnnxsei
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/30/2007 8:05:15 PM
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm taking a beating in the ratings, something like 3.8. I figured that meant I was pretty ugly. Now maybe I feel just a little closer to below-average.

I got a 10 from a beautiful young woman a few months ago and I send her a message to say thank you. She replied that she was giving everybody a 10. While it was a nice gesture, it was kind of a letdown. I was actually hoping that there was a least somebody out there who honestly thought I was good looking. There are a couple of others who have given me high scores, but I haven't the guts to ask them whether they're just being charitable.
 Tigger59
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/30/2007 11:20:39 PM
I get my photos rated just out of curiousity but I don't really care one way or the other. I know and feel that I'm a beautiful person and that's what counts. Women of all stripes and backgrounds for years have told me that I'm not too hard to look at but the majority of the time on here I get about a 2 or a 3. Once in a blue moon I get an 8 to 10 which is nice but a low vote or high vote doesn't affect my self esteem one iota.
 itsmeinco
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 12:36:09 AM
It's been my experience that the women on this site are ball-breaking manhaters who only want to hurt people.

Who cares what they think?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Rate People - Women rate men waaaaaaaaaaay low