Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do women fall for players?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Splog
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why do women fall for players?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I think people like to call anyone who isn't interested in them a player. Sounds like they got a little nookie out of her/him and perhaps some "treats" and then moved on...so now they have become "players".

That is very insightful
 aurielei
Msg: 27
Why do women fall for players?
Posted: 8/10/2005 7:00:43 AM
They don't call them Player's for nothing. If we only knew!
 lovely_girlever
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/10/2005 8:53:02 AM
dahhh thats not right women fall becoz the girl let the guy fall with her...thats the reason why if you notice that the guy is not really interested with you ..............just move on....................... ok?
girls just open our eyes ...............and guys stop doing that ....coz someday you can get a KARMA........lav ya guys......
 portuguese Mommie
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/10/2005 2:04:51 PM
not this woman sweetie player's r over rated. men who tell me they got laid last night or that they had so many women is a TOTAL TURN OFF ewwwwwwwww

i love nice guys men who don't sleep around or haven't had sex in awhile thats hot
 aurielei
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:00:19 PM
The question was "Why do women fall for player's"

I said "They don't call them player's for nothing", that is why some women may fall for them.

I didn't say I fall for player's. I know how to spot a player.
 juanchito26
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:16:05 AM
I think the reason why women love players is because of several things:

1- Confidence: Women think that a confident man is someone worth their attention. Of course, a player fakes confidence but when the time comes to see what they are made off, they run away like deer. This is probably a very misunderstood concept and women need to seriously ask themselves why do they fall so easily in the "he has confidence" trap.

2- Talk: They say that a man gets crazy by what he sees in a woman. Well, women love to hear stuff and it turns them on. It is tied with the first point I made. However, just as players fake confidence, their words are fake. They tell women all these stories, and then they stab them hard and fast. Women should listen carefully and stop falling so much into the players' tricks. Anyway, women are always talking so they love small talk. She/he that talks too much says nothing....

3-Looks: Players are good looking guys. Ever seen an ugly overweight guy being a player? There might be, but they are few. Women think that, the best you look and take care of your outside appearance, the more confident you are, and thus you are worthy of their attention. BIG MISCONCEPTION HERE. Confidence is very ambiguous, and bad people pretend to have it to hurt others and steal from them as well. I know deadbeats that get women pregnant and dress very well, use cologne and all the other crap. Anyways, if you look at the issue closely, women are always suggesting to men to look like players, i.e, go to the gym, dress nicely, get a haircut, lose weight. Not that i am against any of this, it is just that the better you look, the more women will look at you. Unfortunately, the better you look the least likely you care about others' feelings because you can get anyone you want.

I know this is a little extensive, but a gun needs to have bullets to cause damage. Both men and women players have been taught by the very same people that complain about them to be just that: PLAYERS
 prettyinpink18
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:07:23 AM
..women fall for players, because players are smooth, and know how to talk to us girls, and know what we want, and when and where. Sure there are all forms of players and guys who think they're players, and guys who want to be players (for some stupid reason), then the players themselves. Players pay attention to the things, us girls, really really want, and then play with our minds accordingly.

I am personally one of those women who always fall for players.

The excuse "Oh they'll change and grow out of it".....never works either girls!...

THE KEY: Don't be a player, but don't be a super nice-guy. There is a medium!

Us girls want a challange to, we don't like things given to us on a silver platter(unless its RING time..hehe) ...all the time!
 prettyinpink18
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:09:38 AM
"not this woman sweetie player's r over rated. men who tell me they got laid last night or that they had so many women is a TOTAL TURN OFF ewwwwwwwww
i love nice guys men who don't sleep around or haven't had sex in awhile thats hot "

I totally agree with Portuguese Mommie on this one.....the whole....nice guys who don't sleep around and haven't had sex in a while.................I totally think that's hot to!!!!!
 TheGoon
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:01:09 AM
I believe it's more about push/pull. the more you push the harder the other person is going to pull for acceptance. It's a natural sense of wanting to be wanted.

I'm not guilty of it anymore, but i had my days of being a player. I loved the game and played it well. But, to tell you the truth I think there is alot of truth behind the song lyrics "I'm not a player, I just crush a lot". For the most part "Players" are guys that tend to be emotional and show thier feelings better than others. However, as you grow older and seek out a life partner, you are more cautious about exposing your feelings too soon. You want to get to know the other person.

Trust me, what goes around comes around. There are some girls out there that could play me like a fiddle. One in particular that I'm thinking about right now. Initials KR.
 sweetangelica23
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:21:48 AM
Well I know for one reason women fall for players is because "we" are so blinded by their personality and that we just don't realize it until the very end and then find out that they are not who they are said to be. I mean c'mon who really wants to stay with someone when they are a player...I know for the most part..."Some" men tend to say " I'm not like every other guy" but that isn't always the case or they say " I'm not like the last guy that you dated don't judge me by what i do or how i dress" you know guys what I'm talking about or their favorite words "You can trust me" !
Falling for players or playas is a natural habit for females...either we are broken up inside and just need that love and affection from someone and then boom..we find out that what we think is the perfect guy for us they cheat....and then we get hurt because we have grown emotionally attached to them and then we start to hate them and hate men in general and keep saying to ourselves that we are going to stay single ect ect. I'm not meaning to have this reply as debate it's just a state of opinion here so please excuse me if I have hurt anyone who has a problem I don't know the circumstances or anything like that I'm just stating things in general. Anyways that should give it some explanation as to why we "us" women fall for players / playas!
 sundaesurprise
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:32:10 AM
I asked the same thing in another forum. I have many female friends who always come crying about how the guy they're with is an ***hole but yet they still keep going after the same type of guy. My theory is that they are going after the persoanlity types they feel comfortable with because everyone is afraid to take a risk and step out of their comfort zone and try something new. Also a lot of these women don't know what it is like to be with someone who will treat them the way they deserve and when they do actually meet someone like that they don't hang around long enough to experience the goodness. That's just a theory.
 CountrySugar
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:41:31 AM
another labelling thread *yawns*

Behind door #1 Player...not sure what exactly this is other then someone lookin for a one night stand.. not real hard to pick out..if he's sayin all the right things, he's lyin

Behind door #2 Nice Guy..complains all the time about how he's so nice and always over looked..self pity is unattractive..

Behind door #3 Bad Boy..just likes to have fun...easy to pick out of a crown..nothing to fear there...they tend to be fun, but not someone you can take home to mom and dad..

Behind door #4 Arrogant Jerk..sure of himself, knows what he wants..and this is a bad thing how?

on and on I could go..everyone has a label and not many of them are good labels..that leaves no one for anyone..we are all doomed...
 whyscracker
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:58:34 AM
a player is a con artist. He or she is very good at what they do, their agenda in the con is usually to manipulate the opposite gender to get power, money, sex, without the ties that bind. A player is a person who puts a lot of time and energy into learning people in gneral, women specifically and has an outstanding instinct for saying the right words at the right time and is an excellent actor. Specifically, these people actually have more white matter in thier brains than *normal* people and they are literally wired differently.

Most people are not players.

However, one player can abuse hundreds of people in their lifetime. So you'll run into more than a few, be badly hurt by at least one and it can jade your opinion of the whole gender and actually make you a target for more players.

Three kinds of people put "No Players" on their profile

1. Players

2. Chronic Victims of Players.

3. Naive people who think it's a way to keep players away (it attracts them).

Many Players act the part of a nice guy VERY WELL, and their most likely statement is to act the victim of women hurt by players. "what am I doing wrong?" Is EXACTLY what a Player would ask. "I loved her and she left me for a man who abuses her." is also a common whine. Nice guys beware, show don't tell, actions speak louder than words. Be GOOD, not *nice*, and a woman worthy of you will come around.

Learn what a Con looks like, learn their ways and means, and learn how to to get that target off your back. This person is pathological and predatory and cannot be changed. POISON.

A person who plays head games, now, these are ingrained behaviors learned at a very early age, they are based upon our baser emotions which are linked to our survival instinct. If you find a person playing head games, or if YOU have been accused repeatedly of having played head games, these issues can be changed. Apply self-will and find out why someone else's head games suck you in, or what, if any, head games you play. Start by asking those you trust to give you the straight up.

Jeannie
 nottaprincess
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:04:01 PM
I think that women who get sucked in by players unconsciously enjoy the drama that comes along with the game. If no one is playing the game, the player's power is lost! Just my opinion...like it or leave it!

Don't hate the playa...hate the game!
 sundaesurprise
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:04 PM
This is my first post in the forums so be gentle please. I just can't figure out why those of us who are nice guys but aren't always the best looking guys have to 99/100 times settle for second best. I know a lot of wonderful good looking women who constantly get hurt because they date the nice looking guys who are nothing but ***holes. Yet they keepo going back for more. Maybe if those of us who are nice guys start treating women like pieces of meat instead of with respect we might have better luck. I have met a few nice girls off of here or so I thought until I found all they were looking for was a sugar daddy or another man to take up another evening in there life. I've got news for ya ladies there are some of us out here who want women for more than just sex. Oh well, just thought I'd post this as it is really starting to get pretty depressing out here on POF.
 whyscracker
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/31/2006 1:08:46 PM
big chili, I love men, I think the vast majority are absolutely WONDERFUL.

What you are complaining about is people seeking out fullfillment of their baser needs. Our subconscious will talk us into being with someone who simply looks/smells/acts like ourselves. People date at the attractiveness level which they are perceived by general society. In General, 10's will not go below 9, 5's will look at, but won't date anything above a 7, and so on. My picture rating is a 5 average, and consequently, I find the men who rated at 4-6 the most appealing to me. Maybe I'll ogle a 7-8 but I won't think *relationship*. The men who are appealing to me, they might not be a ten to the rest of the world, but I sure like 'em ;)

Birds of a feather flock together. It's our nature, and behind so much evil, but, you and I aren't going to change the world today. If you say you are looking for a relationship, then don't let it bother bother you that 10's date 10's. Is your self-assessment a 10? Let the pretty girls go have hard lives, they won't stay pretty long. Ignore 'em. Not worth your time fussin over the issue.

Look at the plain girls, look them in the eye, smile at the one with a worthy personality like you think she is the most beautiful woman in the world. Smile like that ONLY at her. Give her a sec, keep it up, a month or so, and, I promise, you will find her physically changing before your eyes into that very very pretty girl-but one who wants YOU, because you make her feel beautiful, you motivate her to do beautiful, and from that, she becomes beautiful. When her eyes light up at the sight of you, even you, will become better looking in response to a regular dose of appreciation for your existence.

I really have crushed hard on some guys who were less than 4's. If hygiene isn't the reason they are low rated, sometimes, I find an *undesireable* guy has some womderful traits and he's beautiful to me. Of Course, sometimes, I find the ugly *nice* guy is harboring a truly ugly soul, too. I've known some spectacularly beautiful men, I have three who have been expressing interest for over year. I oughta be full of myself by now. I can't get over the hang-up that they just wanna be the first in this town to see me naked even if they know it ain't a purty sight. My hang-up, but a common one. Give me a 6, it's my lucky number.

Jeannie
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2006 1:27:33 PM
How about hi gorgeous? Beware of that man. And says he loves big sexy women, if you are a big sexy women. I bet you he changes big sexy, for small and curvy, thin and athletic, young and sweet, older and more experienced... Ladies, hes in every dating site too.
 look in
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/31/2006 1:43:45 PM
Because they offer fantasy.
 sweetrush4u
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/31/2006 1:46:25 PM
play??? ,, the women like to play too,,,those women know deep down what is true and honest but,,,they like too live in fantasy world here on the net it sounds good too them,,when the real man comes along they shun him off as boring too them,,,i am sure of it,,,do they really want a realationship???? maybe not!!! they may just like playing,,,,lol
 genngi
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:13:25 PM

I have yet to get the definition of "what is a player" in another thread but it's not forthcoming for some odd reason...hmmm

I think people like to call anyone who isn't interested in them a player. Sounds like they got a little nookie out of her/him and perhaps some "treats" and then moved on...so now they have become "players".

Looks to me like you just defined "player" yourself! Someone who pretends to be interested so they can get some "nookie", and afterwards moves on, not interested. We fall for them because they are good at their game, lying and pretending to be whatever we say we are looking for. Once they have gotten what they really wanted, the nookie, they are bored and leave, having played yet another, and on to the next one.

If we have been played really well by one, or not as well by others, it makes us wise up, though, then we are less of an easy target. They lok for those who haven't been played and don't know their game.

Interestingly, though, it is due to players that we may appear "insecure" as some call it, about those other "games" people play in the dating world, as are discussed here so much. Why might we push someone away, give them the hot/cold treatment? maybe we have been played too often. Why do we not want to just wait for someone to call? Afraid they might be playing us. Players make us paranoid that everyone who seems nice and then exhibits some of those "player" qualities, might be a player.

This is why it really is best to not play any games at all, without worrying how you "seem". Just be you, be natural, real, and honest!
 genngi
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:23:58 PM
Sagitarian musician ---

ditch the players??? Like women are with them by choice? No! They are played, because they don't know better. They are only responding to what appears to be positive attention from an apparently nice good-looking guy.

What's different about them? Probably overconfidence, the kind that comes with beign a completely selfish egotistical **stard! They are good at their game and they come off as very confident and may be rather aggressive. Nice guys will rather tend to be less sure of themselves, maybe shy even, the kind who are afraid to come up to a woman and say hi. It's like I always say... nice guys, don't be shy, come up and say hi! It works. We like that. Players know what we like and what works. So, having said this, I highly recommend that more nice guys come out of their shells and really come say hello, yes, to the cute gal in the grocery store or just walking down the street!
 sundaesurprise
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:36:51 PM
genngi

They are only responding to what appears to be positive attention from an apparently nice good-looking guy.

Then again those are most of the guys who I know are players at least to most of the women I know. The nice good looking guys who are out for just one thing and generally get it then tos the women aside make it harder for those of us who do really want to make a go of a decent relationship with a woman. :rolling eyes:
 harveywallbanger
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:54:55 PM
A ladies-man knows how to hook a woman’s romantic and sexual imagination. To you he may seem like a complete and totally idiot (and perhaps he is) but while no one’s looking he knows how to sidle up to a woman, or pick up the phone and communicate with her in a way you just aren’t doing. Here are four of his secrets:

1) He goes after women with whom he knows there’s chemistry

2) He fuels the spark by making sure she’s clear about his sexual desire

3) He starts things with a bang – via a good time, an adventure, a wild time

4) He keeps the flame alive by telling her what she wants to hear

So in essence a player is a salesman/woman. And the trick to any good salespperson is that you have to believe in the product. The product for them is themselves. The confidence is what drives the sale.

harvey
 genngi
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:00:02 PM
bigchili - totally agree... feel like I finally figured this one out
 Golf God
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/31/2006 7:05:24 PM
I believe that if people have been dating PLayers time and again, then when they become interested in someone, run the other way. They are probably heading for a playa.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do women fall for players?