Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Im Good Looking and Women stare and smile left and right..But im too      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 James8330
Msg: 26
Im Good Looking and Women stare and smile left and right..But im too shy to approach with confidencePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
One of the biggest lessons I had to learn in life and honestly I am still learning it is that nothing comes easy in life. In order to overcome your fears you have to face them. In order to be great at your craft it takes hard work and dedication. And in your journey to becoming great at your craft you have understand and except that you are going to make mistakes / fail along the way. But that's how you get better. Think about some of the great ones you have seen in their era..... ( Michael Jordan hand a hard time making the basketball team, he ended up being the best player of all time , even Bruce Lee lost his first fight ) . So don't worry about saying the wrong thing or getting turned down . That is how you get better and you will be able to talk to any women you see after that. You will be surprised that some of the most attractive women in the world are the easiest to talk too and keep in mind that they are no better than you. They bleed once a month like all the other women in the world.... Quote by Tupac
 Bluegold007
Msg: 27
Im Good Looking and Women stare and smile left and right..But im too shy to approach with confidence
Posted: 5/3/2013 10:10:17 AM
I always liked Cawkblawkers posts, too awesome. And O.P, you thought maybe, just maybe your not as good looking as you think you are? So many average guys on here over rate their hawtness, i just never understood it at all.
 Bold_Spark_700
Msg: 28
Im Good Looking and Women stare and smile left and right..But im too shy to approach with confidence
Posted: 5/3/2013 10:46:50 AM
[Im a good looking guy that women look at and smile at on a daily basis..some with rings on their fingers and some not...some my age and others alot older..]

I had this problem for years, turns out I was always walking about with mayonnaise on my chin, if only they had the manners to tell me, then again, if only I checked in a mirror.
 Bluegold007
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/3/2013 11:01:31 AM
O.P, if you were that good looking, belive me, women would chase you, yes that means actually approach you in person. In reality, your an average guy. Most of us are. 60 percent of guys are average
 James8330
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/3/2013 11:39:25 AM
LMAO..... WOLFTXUSA 66 and NARDO 28 both are just jealous because CAWBLAWKER didn't tell them they were attractive. As far as DOLEMITE411 you have no confidence so of course you would think CAWBLAWKER is being sarcastic. That is a grown ass woman , I think she can find other ways to entertain herself other playing with your head. Life is hard enough as it is and people don't compliment each other like talkin about it in this world. Consider yourself lucky.
 lostinalostworld
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/3/2013 12:59:23 PM
I think someone should alert Wikipedia to change their definition of good looking, based on the op.
 tooborednow
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/3/2013 2:02:17 PM

But when I think in my mind to approach I freeze up..I feel like somehow and someway Ill be rejected and made to look like a fool..

IMO/IME this is common in things like job interviews.
You interview for the friar guy at McDonald's, no problem. You interview for the CEO, oh noes!
IMO/IME the problem is wanting something from the other person, the more valued it is the more you want it.
Ultimately objectifying them as a means to an end.
That puts them in a position of power over you.
They are a gatekeeper and you are insecure because you don't have the key to get past them.
You don't really want to talk to them, you don't value the exchange, you just want what you idealize about what they can give you.
You want something and you weren't handed something easy they want in order to get it from them, so your mind fills up with all sorts of things you want to try to dazzle them, give them smoke and mirrors, that they might value, in order to buy it from them.
It's not like your relationship with your mother where you've had years of practice to learn exactly what they want in order to give you what you want.

What do I do and where do i start to work on this issue of mines internally?

Two ways you can do it.
Starts with how you want to look at the problem.

Do you want to continue seeing other people as objects, a means to get your desire fulfilled, as a collection of traits that improve or represent your identity, as is pretty evident throughout this thread?
Or do you want to see them as actual human beings, flawed, and individual, equal to you?

The former is really easy to overcome.
The second is very difficult and could take years to never to overcome.

Toastmasters, get a job waiting tables, whatever, if you simply see people as objects those methods only help you build up your social facade, learn what other people want, and then become more adapt at getting them to believe what you offer is more than skin deep, and worth more than you are getting from them. The more proficient you become, the longer you can keep the facade up, but it will come down eventually, and guarantees failure of anything meaningful long term.
But by that time you might have gotten what you want from them.

If you want to see people as actual human beings, flawed, individual, equal to you, and pound for pound having absolutely nothing more to offer you than you have to offer them, ever, then IMO I think you need to build up the strength of your character beginning with lots of identifying your realistic strengths and weaknesses and realistically accepting those things that are "bad" about yourself. Then identifying the cause and effect of your own actions and motivators. Positive and negative. Then work on directly facing and mitigating the "bad" things you know are there and are simply not going to change.

All while being constantly vigilant about shirking responsibility, such as blaming your past, or coddling yourself, such as self rationalizing a weakness like "my weakness is I care too much," or avoiding the hard work of looking deeply.
That's simply how you start "to work on this issue of mines internally."
 Bold_Spark_700
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/3/2013 2:41:18 PM
[ see all women as Olive Oil
so can mix it up with any of em]

Does that mean you see yourself as popeye?
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/3/2013 2:57:56 PM

dolemite411

I honestly dont see how People could think Im looking for attention when this is a real issue of mines..Ive had kids with women who were SOOO infatuated with me and I settled for that..Because it made me feel good that a woman thought I was so Attractive and showing me off to their friends and family like "Look what Ive got" ..But of course I get bored with that..I be wanting the sexy lady I just passed in the store and I feel like I dont even have the guts to go get her ya kno..its all confusing to me sometimes but honestly the walking up and introducing myself part is theee..i would say 2nd to the hardest..the 1st hardest and most difficult thing for me is the conversation after my name..its like I have a million things to talk about racing in my mind and once Im there BAM ...total nervousness and a Loss for good topics to cover

dolemite411

Thanks for responding..whew Man you hit it on the nail..I try to keep in mind like they are just like me..just people and they have feelings too..But you kno how women are..especially those "unreachables" ..i like that..cause thats how I feel about em..unreachable..cant get the number..and a Date?!! forget it..its like I cancel myself out before they even get a chance to..and like i said..im just being honest..Alot of women think I have SOOO many females..and on my end..its like I dont have many or a few..or any at all if we really gonna be honest..the FWB dont count cause they really Dont wanna be in that category they wanna be in a relationship..and on my end..Im like well..Ive had women like them already..Had kids by em and everything..and its like..will i go the rest of my life with the 5's and 6's..or will I aim for the 9's or 10's because I never had one and If i find one and she is interested..Will I be able to have a long term relationship with such a woman..

Dam you gotta bigger ego then Kanye but atleast hes gettin paid for it..

so the 5 an 6 scale women are not good enough for you to date or marry but you continue to have kids with them an are still currently sleeping with them..ummm okie dokie

you want the 10 model vixens an just want to reach that all american dream? so you can be the 1 bragging to your boys about look at what i got now..umm okie dokie

so what happens when you reach your "dream" will she be baby mama number 5 or 6? an how many kids will that be added on to the list..will you get bored of her an move on to the next after the shine wears off..

wow you must be making your own toilet paper cause you the s hit..
 Bold_Spark_700
Msg: 35
 CawkBlawker
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2013 5:56:43 PM
Jeez my ears were burning...or was that my ladybits? Either way...you rang?

Honestly..its very ignorant to respond with sarcasm when Im being very serious about my issue..See women like YOU, I dont get along with..

:laugh: Awe, such a self proclaimed "good looking" guy having problems with the ladies he wants but don't want him back. I bet you would shine like a diamond if you shaved those pubes off your chest. You're absolutely correct when stating you wouldn't get along with me. I'd have you fetal in a matter of minutes and you'd go crying to your mommy saying that I'm picking on you and to make her stop.

This is why I dont approach a women in which looks as pretty as urself...

Probably for the best. We're ugly on the inside and we wouldn't be able to keep up with how "good looking" you are.

@CawkBlawker. Is trolling a job or a hobby for you? Do you really get off on trolling random people on the internet? What type of satisfaction do you get from behaving like this? I really want to know.

Yes, I get paid and a lot of satisfaction. Sometimes in the wee hours, I get off, but that has nothing to do with the forums here. That's another forum. Hope this helps.

And to respond to ur comment about my tat on my neck..Yes alot of women Compliment me on that very thing..and most of em have tatoos so I kno most of them know a few people with MANYYY more than me..but usually they use the tat on my neck as an conversation opener I noticed..and this is in person that Im talking about..Online..well u kno I get the messages about my neck..never really had a negative comment about it..not even at the work place..

Well lucky for you, I came along and told you what it really looks like...you're welcome.

Ive never gotten the vibe that it scares females away..it magnetizes them to say something to me.

Oh I see. It's because you are so 'good looking" and "magnetizing" that all these women are flocking to you, yet you are here telling tales of whoa is you that you can't even put together words to introduce yourself to the women at large in your general vicinity?

Thanks for responding to my post either way tho..It was very helpful and honestly..I wouldve been surprised if someone didnt come through with a negative comment..Im used to it lol

Stop contradicting yourself. First you say women are hypnotized by your utter uber godlike persona and the women keep getting stuck to you like a fly to sh!t and now you're saying you're used to negative comments? But then again, a cry for attention wouldn't be complete if you didn't fudge a little bit here and on your profile. Which brings us to this...

..Ive had kids with women who were SOOO infatuated with me and I settled for that..

Well then you need to add that to your profile. It says you don't have any kids. Yet, you want more kids? You plan on marrying any of the baby mamas in the process or will Maury have to figure that out for you? Wouldn't want anyone screaming "CHICKEN TETRAZINI" at ya. Less money on tattoos, more money on condoms. mmmk?

.I be wanting the sexy lady I just passed in the store

Well, they don't "be" wanting you. It's THAT simple.

I always liked Cawkblawkers posts, too awesome..

:blushing: Oh go on.

I think CB's verbal attitude corrections are both funny and much needed.

Keep trolling, CB.

I don't know if I can handle all of this attention. OP...jealous? and I didn't even have to start a thread...I got it like that. It's cause I'm magnetizing I bet! :wink
Yeah...but ...oh just pull my finger already. So many cheerleaders, so little time. Oh...now my panties are getting all moist from all the love. Must be my magnetism that the OP was talking about. I think I found new material for my profile. Thanks. :laugh:

annywn
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/3/2013 6:53:52 PM
Op, you shoul realize that you are the cats meow , cause the whole world does but you are ignoring us. Maybe get a tshirt made with a kittycat face or some big buttons, yes , buttons, and this way those that I are just to afraid to I worship your awesomeness , can safely crawl at your feet.
Take some pity on the rest of us as we will all be hard up for dates, men and women both, because who are we kidding we all want you, so just spare a few throwbacks you are done with to us peasants. I shall patiently await my turn to bask in the glow of your awesomess.
 GJBrown
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/3/2013 8:15:16 PM
Try looking in the mirror and liking the person you see. When approaching a woman be polite and funny and have good eye contact

I'm shy but been trying to get out of it. But it seems every girl i approach says they have a boyfriend. In the past 3 months the 2 girls that did give me their number also claimed they had boyfriends after we started to talk or text.
last girl just gave me a wrong number!

My experience on here has made it even harder to approach women offline. Especially white women! ha
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/3/2013 9:06:58 PM
cawkblocker - you are awesome. I think he might have been trying to flirt with you or something. Maybe he doesn't want to live with you in the van by the river. (your profile is awesome too.)

Bold spark - omg - I laughed so hard at that mayo comment.

OP - Really - you mean you can't talk to beautiful people. Must be rough. So just date people on your level then. I personally try to only approach the really really beautiful people. For some reason regular folks are afaid of them and they are perceptive. Weird.
 bradster1979
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/3/2013 9:19:44 PM
I think everyone has been there Dolemite,

After it’s all said and done, you relive that experience like you are now. You punish yourself long enough that you’d rather risk it all then live with yourself that night for failing. It takes time.

I used to be shy as hell. Mainly because the times I did ask I was always rejected, still am lol. The difference now is I don’t care.

It’s rare for me to ask these days, mainly due to the few options left. Last one I asked said yes. Sadly she wasn’t for me. However yes finds its way in there sooner or later.

Beat yourself up enough and you won’t let it happen again. Doesn’t happen overnight but you’ll get there. Your already half way there, you’ll see.
 monocryl
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/3/2013 9:51:19 PM
Dolemite,
I had sympathy for you until I read this:

Ive had kids with women who were SOOO infatuated with me and I settled for that..Because it made me feel good that a woman thought I was so Attractive and showing me off to their friends and family like "Look what Ive got" ..But of course I get bored with that..

The "sexy lady" can smell this attitude a mile away.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2013 12:34:37 PM
This is one of the funniest threads ever. What a hoot.
 SilentInk
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/10/2013 1:23:55 PM

Ive had kids with women who were SOOO infatuated with me and I settled for that..Because it made me feel good that a woman thought I was so Attractive and showing me off to their friends and family like "Look what Ive got"

...Yet on your profile it states you don't have kids. Did you get bored of the women and your kids too? If you are looking for that "9 or a 10" woman I will tell you one thing is they like everyone else won't tolerate liars. So saying you have no kids when in reality you have what sounds like a couple from different women is a huge turn off to say the least.

..But of course I get bored with that

Lightly put, you got bored because there is nothing occupying your brain. You do realize looks are not everything when it comes to having a relationship. In your mind a hot girl is like a trophy that you will carry and everyone (again in your mind) will praise you and bow down and say "wow you are the man". In reality nobody gives a hoot whether you have a 1 or a 5 or a 15 hanging on your arm.

And this post was not a cry for help IMO, it was a cry for attention because judging by your half naked pic you are full of yourself (which by the way there is nothing wrong with being overly confident so long as you admit it).
 QT3.18
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/10/2013 3:34:05 PM
Who was it that said, "Youth is wasted on the young"?

Whoever it was, they were right. :)
 jlynn1955
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2013 4:58:58 PM
I was sincerely wanting to help the OP and was kinda agreeing with him on some things...but then ...well, not so much. I can see where this thread is going .... Not up to that kind of merry go round today, so think I will stay out of the line of fire. So, choose your weapons. Pistols? Excellent...Take 10 spaces, turn and fire...
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2013 5:47:47 PM
If you were as hot as you seem to think you are you wouldnt be having a problem. There is your clue for the day. Crap if I had one nickle for all each delusional guy that posted in the forums about how attractive he was (and actually is not) I could buy the entire forum shots of tequila tonight.

Im a good looking guy that women look at and smile at on a daily basis...
Be honest now! Were they smiling or maybe snickering and laughing at you? Sometimes you really attractive guys cant seem to tell the difference it seems.

Cowboy
 jlynn1955
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2013 5:54:38 PM
^^^^^smirk....snicker.....snort.....giggle......roflmfao....

I have a bottle of cinnamon whiskey I am getting ready to open...just sayin....
 Bearfish13
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 8:06:21 AM
Here is what i was told by a friend of mine

"Do whatever that makes you comfortable" if approaching isn't your thing then you shouldn't stress about it, some are better at other facets of meeting women than others, however if this something you want to change you are well within your power to do so, Good luck OP
 jlynn1955
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2013 11:09:23 AM
OT-no, no, no...the correct saying is life is wasted on the stupid...I really wish you'd get these things right.
 mickey_moose
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/12/2013 8:30:56 PM
Op
there is no such thing as a 5 or 6 women , they're are all 10's...
Looks fade over time , it's what is inside that shines above all else .

Maybe by 26+ years of age , women aren't looking for a 15 year old gangster wanna be

Profile Review is in another section .
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Im Good Looking and Women stare and smile left and right..But im too shy to approach with confidence