Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do Men Say Mean Things to Women???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 49
Why do Men Say Mean Things to Women???Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
op/36: …why anyone would take the time/trouble to, think, write down and send such nasty comments to a total stranger completely on unsolicited and unprovoked. What pay-off/pleasure could they possibly get from it?

Somebody took the time to write down and send those nasty comments along to a forum of total strangers. What pay-off could they possibly get from that?

Why do these nasty men keep biting at my line? Oh look, there’s another one!
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Why do Men Say Mean Things to Women???
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:41:26 PM
Why do women say "men say mean things..."
Wait, why do "some" women say men say mean things
Wait, why won't women say "some men say mean things"
Or possibly "why do some people say mean things"

The thread title could upset some men enough to say mean things to some women who think all men say mean things
 anothertimeinpv
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/6/2013 4:37:57 AM
Above post 1000%
"Why do women do things that make men soo mad they loose their tempers and opposed to physically harming them they call them mean words in their anger?"

Loaded question is a loaded question...
 lovenoah
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:09:33 AM
That was really mean. I do think men seem to be more interested in looks. I haven't gotten anything mean said to me but of course I haven't gotten much period mean or nice.
 Casper66
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:57:42 AM
Some people are just plain nasty/bitter and go out of their way to insult complete strangers they are so miserable in their own lives that they want everyone else to be as miserable as they are, most would never say anything to your face but the internet allows them an outlet for their venom without reprecussions for their actions, they are pathetic cowards. The only thing you can control is how you choose to react to these types of people, I choose to ignore and pity them, they are only hurting themselves in the end.
 AAA1980
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:15:26 AM
Women can be just as cruel or worse

https://twitter.com/heightismwatch
 vibrantshe
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:17:53 AM
Above post 1000%
"Why do women do things that make men soo mad they loose their tempers and opposed to physically harming them they call them mean words in their anger?"

Loaded question is a loaded question...
anothertimeinpv- Women making men mad and then men reacting by saying mean things has nothing to do with my original question. But good try flipping the issue and making it women’s fault that men can’t control themselves. I don’t know who your comment is more insulting to…men or women.

My question was why I and my friend have had men unprovoked and unsolicited contact us to attack us about how we look??? So I posted, "men saying mean things to women."

And so far I haven’t heard from one man say any woman has contacted them unprovoked and unsolicited to insult their looks.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:24:31 AM
Great point. I love it when people blame others for their lack of self control and violence. I do not know many women who would waste their time emailing men to tell them they look creepy unprovoked. Its kind of the thing I was telling a male friend of mine today.. so often the selfish people blame others for their own bad behaviors and then they also demand perfection from their mate. They get angry= your fault, they get violent=you pushed their buttons, again your fault. They are angry because they are not having success with women,= an excuse to write women and slam them with nasty unkind attacking emails again her fault. Its never this individuals fault, always someone else. wow.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:57:34 AM
My question was why I and my friend have had men unprovoked and unsolicited contact us to attack us about how we look??? So I posted, "men saying mean things to women."

So it's a shame that you and your friend have never received one pleasant email from any man. I find that hard to believe, but if you state it it must be true. Maybe it's only men who watch "Dancing With The Stars" as I have never said anything mean to women on this site, but then again I don't watch "Dancing." But wait, no you meant all men, not just some men.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:37:39 AM
Because they're mean men.

Block them and engage with kind men.
 REDDDRAGON
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:51:47 AM

some men just deserve a good swift kick in the nuts.......
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:07:41 PM
Sounds like you're the one with the problem. Why would you care what a stranger thinks about you? No one can MAKE you feel anything, that's all on you.
 spot4username
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:20:49 PM
Yes, I've gotten plenty of mean spirited messages. Some people spew all sorts of things when they are anonymous. I block and delete. Unfortunately on the free sites they will just make profile after profile. I keep blocking and deleting and they eventually get bored and move on.

Some people are just angry and small minded. There is nothing that I as an individual can do about it.
 claritytoone
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:31:19 PM
I agree with you..men that say mean things to women are compensating for their own lack of self respect and self worth/esteem. by saying these things in an e-mail to a in the lime light person, they have bragging rights to having done this..these folks should realize that mature people understand their lack of family, friends and love, knowing they will not maintain any relationship, because the truth will come out..no matter how hard one tries to hide this, their insecure, immature and detrimental personality will come thru...tell your friend if she does not like what is being said, block this person, and if she does not like herself, hopefully, she has enough money to do what she would like to do...I do not attempt to rationalize or moralize anyone, i do however, choose whom i will allow into my life...thanks for reading.
 claritytoone
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:34:42 PM
well said, secure with yourself and your own skin!!
 claritytoone
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:37:32 PM
while i do not intend to say mean hurtful things, I do not judge the other person for their weight, clothes, etc. it is how they treat me and talk to me that I look at, this makes me like myself in the morning!!
 claritytoone
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:43:18 PM
well would the woman saying the mean things do this intentionally or unintentionally, pushing the buttons to see how much the man will listen to without saying mean things. women know buttons to push...just as men do..personally, i do not stay around someone that deliberately tries to bait me and push buttons, there are more receptive ways to have disagreements...we can agree to disagree, it does not have to be loud, angry or name calling. it can however be agreeable and caring..may not be what one is looking for but is angry mean stuff ever the way?
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:21:14 PM
How do we know the email mentioned in the OP was written by a man?
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:21:46 PM

How do we know the email mentioned in the OP was written by a man?

I guess you must be new here. The challenge in most threads is to see how quickly it can be turned into a gender bash - eg. Men are heartless predators only after one thing () and women are cunning liars only after one thing ($$$).

It will go easier for you, once you hop on board!

some men just deserve a good swift kick in the nuts.......

That costs extra.
 vibrantshe
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:52:47 PM
So it's a shame that you and your friend have never received one pleasant email from any man. I find that hard to believe, but if you state it it must be true. Maybe it's only men who watch "Dancing With The Stars" as I have never said anything mean to women on this site, but then again I don't watch "Dancing." But wait, no you meant all men, not just some men.
________________________________________________________________________________

TuMuchFun – Where did I state I or my friend have never gotten one pleasant email from any man??
Where did I state all men or some men??? I wrote what I meant not what you think I mean.

DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse – I care what strangers think about me because it is hurtful, rude and mean. My feelings are not hurt but it does freak me out to know there are actually people out there who think it’s ok to send such emails.

15111958 – Very Good point. The person who contacted my friend could have been anyone. The people who contacted me I think had to be men because I think only men can email me on POF.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:34:02 PM

TuMuchFun – Where did I state I or my friend have never gotten one pleasant email from any man??
Where did I state all men or some men??? I wrote what I meant not what you think I mean.

If the title stated "Why Do SOME Men Say Mean Things To Women" you never would have heard a peep from me, but you didn't. To me without the "some" your title means "all" men.
 Wiselikeafox
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:41:24 PM
Those guys obv have some issues with themselves. Maybe they're just bullies. Either way, not worth paying any mind to!
 Archangel_07
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:44:56 PM
cut them out your life, no need for ***hole people to have nothing good to bring to the table.
 Feather21
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:52:16 PM
This is true, today a loser on here, called me a fat ass.

OMG!
 Hoping4change
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:01:23 PM
Wow! Like that?? That is just plain wrong. I have never been afraid to speak my opinion. But I am also tactful. No need for juvenile insults or wisecracks. And I do wonder about people who threatened by plus-size women. I happen to adore them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do Men Say Mean Things to Women???