Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do guys still believe in the 3rd date rule???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetKristine
Msg: 26
blackfoxPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^^^LOL Montreal!!! to funny!!

Good input everyone....we had the "big sex talk" I told him It will happen when we both feel like its right...I just rejoined the dating scene after 3 years...havent had sex in 2 LOL...plus i dont know if i Just want to date him...things are just kinda new right now...want to take it slow
 jrguitar23
Msg: 27
blackfox
Posted: 8/5/2005 12:29:18 PM
I'm moving straight to the 4th date...
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 28
view profile
History
blackfox
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:16:04 PM
Just a question.

If you can swing it, does this apply to three dates on the same day with the same woman ?

Not like I am rushing, or anything....

Let's see....breakfast for a quick coffee...see ya again at lunch ...and pick you up for a drink after work - and then back to my apartment for some horizontal discussion ?

Who knew it could be this quick and easy ?
 dliwehtfollac
Msg: 29
view profile
History
blackfox
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:27:59 PM
third date rule......whats that?
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
blackfox
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:35:42 PM
(singing)

" Once ...Twice....Three times a looooover ......"
 trvlingman
Msg: 31
Do guys still believe in the 3rd date rule???
Posted: 8/5/2005 3:08:39 PM
never heard of it.

I got the first date rule though.
if she puts out on the first date she,s trash
 crazynqueens
Msg: 32
3rddate.com
Posted: 2/25/2008 6:45:35 AM
There is even a 3rd date website now with a line of sexy lingerie and an online forum dedicated to the subject at 3rddate.com.
Very interesting!!

Sabinee
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:57:35 AM
I've never heard of a 3rd date rule.
I go with the "we're in a committed, monogamous, serious relationship rule" . The one that includes having discussed birth control and diseases, and requires both partners to act responsibly with the other person's heart, body, mind and soul.

My rule has always worked beautifully to weed out guys looking to get laid, and men looking to get to know me for a real relationship.
 startle
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/25/2008 10:37:46 AM
i dont follow rules. i do what i please. if i want to do something i do it, if i dont want to i dont. any man who follows rules is uptight, insecure and dumb. im sure he would be boring in bed and not worth my effort.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 10:49:16 AM
I thought the rule was that, sex will ensue if you're making out on her couch and she starts groping your genitals. Otherwise it's a no-go??
 tomterrific24
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 10:57:05 AM
Not sure about other guys even though my friends and I talk about this, but to us the thrid date rule applies as to whether or not you'll continue to see some one and not about sex. Unless it's an extreme case, I ususally date some one at least twice before I make a determination. Anyone can have a bad day so if the first date was an iffy one I'd give them a second. Happily I don't have to do that anymore because I found a super keeper on here.
 platypus_man
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 11:12:37 AM
The third date rule came into being some time back in the nineties, while I was still married. I was amazed that women accepted this new 'rule', as if it were something that had always been the law of the land. Sure, there will be men out there that will adhere to this behavior, but a lot of us don't. I think it was just another tactic of players to pressure women to have sex with them, by insisting on sex or ending any possibility of a relationship then and there. considering all that has been written about it, I'm guessing those players have had a lot of success with this ploy.
 wiktor1985
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/25/2008 11:29:51 AM
i alsways hoped it was true, but it turns out to be a fukkin myth. so yeah. however i think this should be made a official rule for dating with no exceptions
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:07:39 AM
I use the Ernest T. Bass Rules for Dating Friends, Neighbors, Cousins and Other Family Members Book. According to this, you should adhere strictly to the 3rd grade, er... date rule. To do otherwise risks creating a tear in the space-time continuum and condemning all of humankind to fall into the resulting wormhole. Or was that Stephen Hawking's Universal Rules for Dating Earthwomen?

In either case, rule number three is the same as rule number two. And number two just happens to be the same as rule number one. Which, by the way, is the same as rule number four!

Rule No. 1, 2, 3, 4... n, etc. Do what is right for you when it seems right for you.

The only caveat to this is that one must coordinate one's actions with that other human one is in the relationship with. Until both agree on the same course of action, there should be no action. (Pun intended.) If either cannot proceed accordingly without any undue or unwelcome pressure to do otherwise, ie., respecting and accepting the other's positions, then that relationship will be in jeopardy.

If it feels good do it. If it doesn't feel good or right at that given time don't do it. It is just as much a test of the other's character and how close and compatible you are together as it is your own.
 wannashakeyourtree
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:02:55 PM
Rules are for games and I for one HATE games.

I honstely haven't met one woman who I did have sex with that wanted to wait until the third date. Many in fact got real aggressive when told no on the first date so... good luck.
 MaverickWill
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:35:56 PM
This sounds familiar.. I'm sure several women I've dated have subscribed to the 3-DAY rule.

Although, by the third date, if things are going well, I don't see why sex isn't likely to follow sooner rather than later. After all, I talk to a girl I'm seeing in between then, so we get a bunch of time together, and a bunch of conversation apart.

Long story short - why not decide by the third date? If you're still unsure by then, by all means, wait, but you should have at least a good idea by the 3rd date as to whether you would.

Will x
 just_me_5
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:39:48 PM
Kristine, to me there is no such rule. Thats all kids games. You will know when it should happen. You go by the gut. If he can't wait, then he was just wanting in your knickers from the start.
 prince brady
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:41:50 PM
well in a world thats slowly becoming more and more promiscuous.... Im surprised there's still talk of the 3rd date rule.... imagine how many people are going out, picking up at a bar and sleeping with someone before even getting their name?..... nooo there is no 3rd date rule .... putting out only makes a guy wonder if it only takes you three dates... then how many times have you put out ?.... think about it... how long do you know someone before you sleep with them... thats the real question
 john_raymond21
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:16:01 PM
What is the third date rule? Does it apply to men, women, or both?
 halfnorge
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:51:37 PM
Only at submarine races and snipe hunts.
 Baba_Ganoosh
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:08:41 PM
Who gave this girl the rule book? Cmon, speak up.

/Baba/
 wolftx
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:30:29 PM
OP: It is not as simple as that. Only your weekend dates count as 1 each. Your weekday dates count as 1/3, and you can round down before applying the 3rd date rule. However, legal holidays count as 1.5 and religious holidays as 2 dates. At the end of the 4th date, you have to put out or break up with him.

I'm glad I could help...
 SmartAlec
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:50:39 AM
follow your gut instinct - don't do anything that is uncomfortable to you!
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:40:05 AM

It is not as simple as that. Only your weekend dates count as 1 each. Your weekday dates count as 1/3, and you can round down before applying the 3rd date rule. However, legal holidays count as 1.5 and religious holidays as 2 dates. At the end of the 4th date, you have to put out or break up with him.

Let's see here...

The variables are:
D = date
Dw =1, Dwd=.333 (round down where applicable), Dlh=1.5 and Drh=2

And that gives us the formula...

Dw(n) + Dwd(n/3) + Dlh(n * 1.5) + Drh(n * 2)

When... Dw(n) + Dwd(n/3) + Dlh(n * 1.5) + Drh(n * 2) = 4D, it is put out or break up.

Therefore, 4D = go/no-go

I got it. I can now program this into my calculator so that, on a date, I can whip it out (my calculator) and determine just where we stand and if it is time to make "the move" or not. This is awesome!
 ohio07
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/7/2009 8:57:32 AM
It's nice when you can get past the 3rd date with "your virtue." BUT you better be petting, kissing, and sucking each other like crazy to keep the sexual fires burning!!! Then when you give in to each other you just explode with all your tension, imagination and energy focused on mind blowing sex.

The times when I have gotten past the 3rd date without sex and NOT slept with her, but later did. The intensity was volcanic. It aint bad if you can pull it off. But be sure that the interest is maintained and expressed constantly. All the more better to keep the anticipation UP for both of you!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do guys still believe in the 3rd date rule???