Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Artists are weird      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mealzonwheelz
Msg: 26
Artists are weirdPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
>>>yes artists are totally, beautifully, fantastically, deliciously, tragically , painfully wonderfully, inordinately, insanely and perfectly weird.<<<

Yes, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
 SimonLeeds
Msg: 27
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:53:44 PM
^^^damn straight, just because we stare off into space and get into accidents composing music while driving doesnt mean we arent people too....lol, I could do without all of the sorrow sometimes but other than that i love being a weird mother****er
 Shake Me
Msg: 28
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/22/2005 5:08:31 AM
yep all the artists I have met are weird

tis a shame, they were not as weird as I
 Lachrymal
Msg: 29
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/22/2005 11:57:22 AM
BJORK! BJORK! BJORK! lolol no doubt about it lol
 tmbmx
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:46:28 PM
and most dont care what other people think because they are who they are!!!

If you dont like me they bye. Yes i am differant but that is not a bad thing. It does scare some people at work though.
 arachnoidalseainme
Msg: 31
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:01:39 PM
love is yummmy... I think I like you... beautiful descriptions of creativity.
 BarnBabe
Msg: 32
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:37:51 PM
As a former artist (musician) I can wholeheartidly agree with this.

I was a classical violist (not to be confused with a violinist) with a symphony. And it gets to the brain! You wake up late at night because you just suddenly "got" a symphony bit that you'd been practising for 5 hours earlier that day.

Your shoulder feels like it's going to fall off and you have a hickey the size of a doughnut on your neck from the button of the instrument pressing you there. Yet you pick the thing back up (and put on the mute because it's 2:30am) and start sawing again!

Last year a cellist lost a $5 million Stradivarious Cello and most of the musicians with the LA Phil (not the orchestra I was with) didn't even bat an eye. If I was toting an instrument around worth $5 million, I don't think I'd "forget it and leave it on the porch" ALL NIGHT LONG.

Yes, artists of every genre are weird. I played my last concert in 1999 but the effects are still with me.
 pukaskwa
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:41:48 PM
Well, at least weird is interesting. Normal? Not so much... Usually when someone claims to be normal I find that it really just means they're boring
Takes all kinds...
 ghostforestguy
Msg: 34
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:30:27 PM
Artists are fine.

It's the world that's weird.

Or blind.

Or just not paying attention.

Oh, ok, fine... maybe we are a little weird.

Anybody here ever read the book "Touched with Fire" by Kay Redfield-Jameson? Fascinating links between Manic-Depressive illness and the artistic personality. (And yes, there IS such a thing as the "artistic personality," though when I was growing up it was seen more as an unwillingness to grow up and fit in.) I'm not bipolar, but a disproportionate number of great artists have been.
 Pandy
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:44:22 PM
I'm not overdramatic OR overly emotional , but I do get caught up in the aesthetic appeal of things to the detriment of reality... as a child I could never look where I was going. As an adult, I drive around with my drink/purse/shopping bag on top of my car, lose my keys three times a day, and never remember to buy light bulbs or toothpaste when I need them rather badly.

I'm hopelessly scattered because I only have room for one thing in my brain at one time.
I can reason through nearly anything if I apply my full intellect (made 1568 on my SATs) but I'm so easily distracted that it goes beyond funny.

Yes, I am weird. I own it, I accept it.
 sycophant
Msg: 36
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/26/2005 12:42:00 AM
There's definitely something there. I often say that there's something 'broken' inside me. That something that keeps folks walking on the straight and narrow, that forces them to maintain proper decorum, that blinds them to their surroundings, that diminishes their laughter to a mocking shadow of joy.

Did it get weird? :-P

--BRiaN
 Squat
Msg: 37
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/1/2005 12:46:11 PM
And your point is what exactly?!
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:31:25 PM
huh? there has to be a point?
or just an exchange?
 wonkavision
Msg: 39
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:45:57 PM
Being that art is the unique self-expression of a human being shaped by skill and knowledge in one's medium, wouldn't weird kind of be a requirement? Who wants to see the self-expression of a banal average joe? To be art, a work should be novel and fresh, otherwise it is just craft, so someone who sees the world a little askew is far more likely to produce art, wouldn't you say?
 wonkavision
Msg: 40
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:59:20 PM
Art is a sublime form of commnication, very true. It is a method by which passionate and profound people can speak to history whether with words, brush strokes, musical tones, film, or dance steps.
 wonkavision
Msg: 41
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/1/2005 3:19:47 PM
I prefer movements to organizations. You know like the Algonquin rond table or the beat generation. Organizations inevitably slide into beaurocracy and corruption, but a group of artists meeting to lambast the world and share ideas over a beer is somehow purer.
 sycophant
Msg: 42
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/1/2005 8:57:37 PM
Does a similar rule apply to forum threads? Are they all eventually hijacked by dogma? ;)

In good fun,
BRiaN
 wonkavision
Msg: 43
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/1/2005 11:28:41 PM
I believe you may have a point there. Many things are eventually hijacked by dogma, since the majority of the population cogitates dogmatically, it stands to reason.
 GentleHand
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/2/2005 12:04:50 AM
I endeavor photography, painting, sculpting etc, etc...etc.etc...

yes artists are totally, beautifully, fantastically, deliciously, tragically , painfully wonderfully, inordinately, insanely and perfectly weird.

too true.

Not only are you a Visual artist, you write well also.

Strange artist happenings:

1. Walking thru boston gardens, looking up, sun gleaming through clouds, looking for best shot, getting vertigo, snapping photo, passing out... heh

2. Trying to explain art to someone verbally, beating my head against wall, and calling it art.

3. Disappearing for 4 days, forgetting time, not calling my job, and come too after being awake 72 hours straight, covered in oil and reaking of mineral spirits, and my family is at the door wondering if I'm alive. Then sleep for 2 days straight.

4. Paint for the weekend straight, and go back to work with stubborn oil all over my hands, face, in my hair, and my eyes still wild from a night of bring ideas to life.

5. Sitting in a group of people, good people, and not relating whatsoever because they think like bankers, and businessmen, not an artist. Wanting to whip out my game boy, and play old school castlevania.

much much more.

/me pulls paintbrush from in between teeth.

To satisfy family, my shrink say's im normal.

until I tell her about an idea about new subject matter.
 salamander000
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/2/2005 10:55:02 PM
I would describe myself more of an eccentric muse...being an artist requires too much pain... (hence the pleasure) Oh, here's to you most passionate of souls....
 GentleHand
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/3/2005 5:52:43 AM
this thread made me make the "online portfolio's" thread...

so far, with all these artists, I'm the only one willing to show some online work..

confusing, I'm PROUD of my art.

http://gentleartknoxville.tripod.com
 sandyartist
Msg: 47
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/3/2005 5:57:21 AM
Yey!!!! I'm a wierd artist and very proud of it too!!! creativity makes you different/strange/excitable............... sometimes my life's so amazing because of it that i think it can't possibly get any better......I adore being an artist and being wierd just is part of it :) xxxx
 sandyartist
Msg: 48
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:04:44 AM
Gosh we must have been separated at birth you sound just like me!!!! I can never concentrate on anything, constantly go to the top of the stairs only yo find i can't remember what iwas there for in the first place!!!............i loose my credit cards every few months and keys probably every few weeks.......I'm sure it a creative brain that does it there's just too much going on in there to concentrate on the mundane things other people tend to remember

Sandrea x
 capedcrusader
Msg: 49
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/3/2005 8:11:02 AM
I have accepted my weirdness. I can't help that inspiration can strike at any moment. I've been in board meetings and have had a song just pop into my head. Its cool, but sometimes it can be frustrating because I want to be normal sometimes.
 sycophant
Msg: 50
Artists are weird
Posted: 10/3/2005 9:18:08 AM
Nothing visual here, but I've posted poems in the poetry forum and you can check out some of my (unfinished as ever) tracks at http://www.zebox.com/terminusest (if POF doesn't filter the link)

so far, with all these artists, I'm the only one willing to show some online work..

confusing, I'm PROUD of my art.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Artists are weird