Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cougar99
Msg: 26
Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The more I think about it....the more I feel...the name "Queen"..should of been left alone..
They should of toured under a new name...maybe as a super group like "The Firm" were...
There is no doubting...the amount of musical talent possessed by this collabration,but standing on their own merits and developing a new signature style.....could of been more challenging and musically refreshing.
The songs written by Freddie were written with himself in mind...to be sung and performed with his unique zest for expression.
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 27
Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.
Posted: 1/23/2006 2:01:01 PM
anyone buy tickets yet? to which show?
 Steve_N
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:54:26 AM
Watched them in the UK last year. it was an awesome show. Paul Rogers didn't sing on some of the songs and the bohemiam rhapsody was a mixture that included Freddie.

They re-did hammer to fall fantastically, plus it was good to hear songs like wishing well, all right now, and can't get enough, given a fresh approach.

I was worried that Paul rogers would be too bluesy to carry it off but he shone.

If you can go then go.
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/24/2006 3:37:19 AM
seriously debating it here.....a ticket, a plane, a hotel,........havent pressed the "buy" key yet....but got my finger on the trigger
 cougar99
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/24/2006 11:06:40 AM

Watched them in the UK last year. it was an awesome show. Paul Rogers didn't sing on some of the songs and the bohemiam rhapsody was a mixture that included Freddie.

Does that mean Brian or Roger shared the vocals with Paul?
 LucyCoe
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/25/2006 12:05:46 AM
self confessed QUeen nut here i could actually fathom possibly wanting 2 see it 2 see what it would be like without mr.Mercury, but for the prices' they are charging they should be ashamed which is why i as a queen consumer am done being RAPED by the queen organisation
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:25:42 AM
theres only one thing left in the queen catalogue that i so want to see or hear........out of all the hours spent in the studio...in munich.......with the likes of rod stewart, billy squier, david bowie......etc......im sure theres some work there that could be finished up and enjoyed by fred fans everywhere...course they probably would over price it...
 toonsmith
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:40:21 AM
I possess many fine videos and dvd's of Queen performing live. Although it is great to see them back on the road in one form or another, I'd like to hear Queen music that was too difficult to reproduce on stage back then, done live now.

Can you imagine a twin guitar attack on "Father and Son" with someone like Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath chiming in?

Or some of those rare beautiful songs that Brian May wrote? Long Away, and Some Day One Day?

Heck, rework some early stuff like Doing Alright from the first Album. I love Queen but I've heard We Are The Champions and Tie Your Mother Down live plenty of times.

Give us something rare, something special.

How about a Queen Unplugged? That would make some people flip.

Toon
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:49:23 AM
totally agree....

Ed:

Queen "live at the rainbow" VHS video (at the time it was the opener to the song remains the same for zep in theatres) features father to son live and a wicked rendition of White Queen.........if you dont have it....get it....sound obviously is analog but still a classic for old time queen fans...i always thought someone would do a rendition of "white man" ..maybe they have and i dont know it.......
 toonsmith
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:19:32 AM
Some songs I'd like to hear on a tour.

"Put Out The Fire" (from Hot Space. A real rocker.)

"White Man" (from Day at the Races. A very dramatic tune.)

"Mustafa" (In these times, appropriate. LOL)

"The Loser in the End" (Great drumming by Roger Taylor)

"She Makes Me" (Simple chords, but great mood.)

"The Millionare's Waltz" (A sweet guitar solo from May)

"Sweet Lady" (Another fine rocker)

"Fun it" and "More of that Jazz" (From Jazz)

"Drowse" (A sleepy drum song with Roger Taylor)

and of course, "Father to Son"...heck, most of Queen II for that matter. Oh, and a few from a great Roger Taylor solo album called "Fun in Space".

Toon
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/25/2006 5:37:49 PM
I cant count the times when i was bout 16, driving my Z28 down the highway floored....listening to "man on fire" off fun in space
 Bumblefish
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:15:06 AM
HAve tickets for the show in April in Vancouver BC,Seen with freddie on the Radio Ga ga tour album (dont remember name of the tour too blonndy stoned),But I appreciate music,so this will be a treat even with paul rodgers never seen paul live before.And as far as I know John Deacon is touring with them.
 cougar99
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:56:55 AM
I had a chance to hear some of this new collaboration ...between Paul Rodgers and the ex members of Queen..it wasn't bad.
But, I can't find it inside of myself to call them Queen.....Freddie Mercury was the figure head...
Paul was the voice of Bad Company..and they carved a piece of music history ...the same as Queen with Freddie...
Could you call the Rolling Stones....the same name with out Mick Jagger..
Let Me Entertain You...Black Queen...Fairy Fella....Liar....Now I'm Here..etc...signature classics...
Don't get me wrong...get the chance to see them fantastic...they are all very talented...but not Queen as I knew.
And Roger Taylors "Fun In Space".....No Violins
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/29/2006 4:29:49 PM
love reading the forum...where i grew up..i was the only fan i knew..except when the game came out...then there were a few fans...but not many into the fairy fellows masterstroke...or liar.....or any of the stuff that first caught my attention...i was 9 when i first heard bohemian rhapsody and can say...i defintely lived out waynes world...but i bought a night at the opera when i was 10 and prophet song, love of my life....actually the whole album, blew me away...never heard anything like it......so keep the forum going...cause its giving me something to read...cheers...and yes no violins(violence)...great tune :)

cougar99
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:13:15 PM
Prophet song..forgot about that one..."A Vision Fades,A Voice I hear....Listen To The Madman"....
Cd time now...
 toonsmith
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:18:21 PM
I can remember sitting in class just watching the clock. I could hardly wait to get home and put on the records Day at the Races, Night at the Opera or Queen II.

To me, it was not disposable pop. For a 15 year old. They were musically complex, mysterious and totally unlike anything anyone else was listening to. Almost a secret really.

I got my introduction to Queen through the local FM station playing the entire album. (Before radio caught on that we were taping out there)

Heh, Prophet's Song. The cat went shooting out the room when I cranked THAT one up.

...and now I know, now I know...NOW I KNOW......

My little brain never heard anything quite like that. I spent HOURS listening to Brian May's guitar. Queen opened the door to many different types of music. Turns out Queen wasn't such a little secret, but one of the world's best loved bands.

Axl Rose - Queen II is his favorite album.

Who can forget pounding out We Will Rock You on the lockers? Or the few seconds of pure guitar solo bliss from that song?

As with all things, they must come to an end. We lost Freddie. I must admit, I cried that day.. more for a pop singer than any relative. Which was a strange sensation. It meant no more musical discoveries. I thought it meant a closing of a door forever.

A couple of years later....Queen releases Made in Heaven. I am estatic. I play it over and over, much like the other records. One day, I left the CD running...and heard strange noises coming from the speaker. A disembodied sound of Freddie....laughing.

Thought I was losing my mind......

Then, a hidden track...one that was not listed....played, and it was a kind of magic. An etheral farewell from beyond. Now THAT was a much better exit. A cosmic wink from beyond. Freddie was laughing somewhere.

Toon
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:53:09 PM
your a cool dude toon ....and the solo in the prophet song...damn.....takes me to another place....

keep yourself alive

P.S i had the same experience with made in heaven

oh and also, youll get a kick out of this.......i bought a restaurant and one day heard that the album was being released, then i pick up the local paper and a music store was advertising it for sale on a certain day. So i hop in the car (closed my place for the day) drove the 30 miles to pick it up, went into the record store...oops cd place:P and asked for it, the girl behind the counter said, it was a typo in the paper it wasnt on sale until the following day (even though she had the copies in the back) i explained to her what i had to do to come and get this and she had absolutely no pity for me.....i was mad.....i worked in the industry for awhile and when i got back home, i called CD plus (which was the business) eventually got to someone pretty high up, explained the whole situation. They sent me a free copy in the mail and months later i seen the same girl in a tavern. she came up to me and said " do you know i was fired?" ...i secretely laughed, not at her firing...but the power of music :)
 toonsmith
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:41:18 PM
Now that is a cool story! Heh.

I like the fact I can put these CD's back on and zoom right back to those days. Keeps a fella young. Just wish there was more Queen product out there. I know Roger Taylor kept his hand in with his band The Cross and few really good solo albums here and there.

Brian's solo stuff just sort of drifted. Some good riffs but he felt lost. Maybe we will see something from this supergroup....I hope.

Fingers crossed.

Toon
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:32:21 PM
obviously i dont need to tell you about the starfleet album with brian and eddie van halen...but maybe some other people in here, havent heard it.... im a bit biased..but i think brian really shined there.
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/1/2006 10:09:14 AM
ODE TO MERCURY/MAY/TAYLOR/DEACON

I want to break free when it's a hard life and your under pressure from a killer queen. The hammer will fall on great king rat and a good ole fashioned loverboy will find somebdy to love. The night will come down and a crazy little thing called love will be made in heaven. Jesus will sing the prophet song and the seven seas of rhye will be nevermore. This march of the black queen will bring death on two legs to the white queen and she will chant we are the champions. Dear friends, please bring back that leroy brown cause now im here in a tenement funster. With a flick of the wrist the lily of the valley appears at the dreamers ball. The love of my life cries out to the laps of the gods, "this is stone cold crazy!". Leaving home isnt easy when it's late. In only seven days the queen will be dead on time. Sail away sweet sister while i tie your mother down, theres no need for back chat or a cool cat while you put out the fire. I am sleeping on the sidewalk while liars continue to play the game. Somebody save me from these fat bottomed girls in this bicycle race. I need your loving tonight, dancer. Your body language makes me feel like a man on the prowl. Yes your my best friend. I was born to love you. It's a beautiful day but you dont fool me. My life has been saved and this is heaven for everyone. Is this the world we created? When a bohemian rhapsody will rock you as a god saves the queen.......

Was a bit bored...sorry
I was thinking nostradomus while doing this...im sick....bahahahha
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:03:03 PM
I recieved 2 tickets for my birthday yesterday (well, actually my b-day is on the 6th, so it was a belated observance). This is for the 3/20 Pittsburgh Mellon Arena show. These are "East Igloo 1" seats. What kind of view will I get of the stage? The schematics I've seen didn't really help me much.

I'm excited nonetheless. I didn't think I'd be able to go.
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:20:37 PM
damn warrior im jealous! i was seriously debating on tickets for the toronto show.....but timing isnt good, so im probably screwed. That really sucks too, cause this will probbaly be it for touring
 KillerQueen
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/19/2006 1:13:53 PM
I am in such an awkward position: Queen is playing in Toronto in March and my friend isn't able to make it to the concert as planned...I now have a spare ticket. Do I go by myself or try to find another true fan to accompany me? I can't imagine going alone...this is too special not to share with another soul.

Perhaps I should advertise a free date with one cool classic rockin' chick?
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:32:28 PM
message me before you do anything killer one
 toonsmith
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:46:54 PM
I KNEW Justin would jump on it! Contact him Killerqueen, he loves Queen maybe as much as you do!

Toon
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.