Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Abortion [CLOSED - Run Its Course - Circular Discussion]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 someones girl
Msg: 51
AbortionPage 3 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
IMO Jimmy, since you ask, there can be many factors,

such as mental illhealth and a feeling of an inability to deal with it in a better manner (who is anyone to judge someone elses short comings)

such as a very serious and traumatic violation (a more likely and in my own morals a perfectly ok reason to choose such an end)

such as being in an abusive relationship which you are trying to remove yourself from and you know a child will only give that person more doorways to never leave you alone (also a more likely reason, and in my opinion perfectly valid also)

EDIT: I forgot to add health issues, either possibly to the mother and/or baby; this one i have knowledge of in my own world/life... That too has to be considered a valid reason...

I think personally if adoption is a possibility, choose that over termination of a tiny life thats yet to be lived; however you muct be able to (as an understanding persona) take into account that nine months is an emotional ride for a woman to go through and if her circumstances are for whatever reason, not what she feels is correct to brin a child into, she has a rough ride not to feel attachment to this little life inside her.

Thats my opinion.

and btw, I believe in moral, however someone's morals aren't encesarrily the same as anothers
 Bright1Raziel
Msg: 52
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:59:06 PM

How come scientists can not use them all if they are fertelizing them all.
unfortunately the human reprductive sytem is very inective, even today 1/3 of all pregnancies end in unplaned terminations, most often due to fetal malformations. As zygotes, the doctors check each and every posible one for a range of gnetic disorders and then observe them for a few days to see if they are growing properly. If they do not hold up to a certain standard they are considered inviable and destroyed as the chances are if they were implanted they would be misscaried or born with serious malfomations liiting thier lifespan. Doctors also only implant a few zygotes at a time, knowing that most of them will not take to the uterus and become a fetus. The reason doctors do not use most of the remaining viable zygotes for other couples is twofold and entirely moral bassed. because the sperm and eggs came from a particular couple, that couple has the right to say who gets to have them (they may not want thier potental babies to be implanted in another person.) Also as the mother is going to be giving birh toany zygote implanted in her, she has the right to say who's sperm and egg's she wishes to chose. So if she dosenot want a baby from a particular couple than you cant force her to just because the zygote is avaliable.
 someones girl
Msg: 53
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:59:58 PM

I do see women who have casual sex without concern of pregnancy, because they know they can get an abortion, as abortion for birth control. It has no more emotional impact on these types of women as the use of a condomn would.

I wasn't putting words into your mouth Nnumbers, i jsut wasn't sure if you were really tarring all women with the same brush.. on your point above, i have the same distaste for the kind of irrisponsible behaviour such individuals practice aswell as their attitudes to abortion.
 N8_DAWG
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:44 PM

because religious texts were writen hundreds of years ago, they can give us mora guidance but cant tell us exactly when to apply them in this modern context.

Very intelligent thought.

For me, this is where faith plays a big role.
 Jimmy66
Msg: 55
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 9:03:35 PM
Even if a woman is raped,why take it out on something that didn't cause the rape either?Why kill the baby?To forget,BS,your still gonna remember that you were raped along with the fact that you took a life.

I would also like to hear a womans veiw on why it's ok to kill a baby even though they were raped.I truly feel sorry for a woman that has to go thru that but I have known women to be raped,get pregnant,and go thru with the birth.The kid was the best thing that happened.They learned to love this kid.So why do women think it's ok to kill even though they were raped.

No offense ment I know it's hard to be raped.It's even down right wrong but when it does happen why take it out on something so beautiful as life?
 N8_DAWG
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 9:04:59 PM

I wasn't putting words into your mouth Nnumbers, i jsut wasn't sure if you were really tarring all women with the same brush.. on your point above, i have the same distaste for the kind of irrisponsible behaviour such individuals practice aswell as their attitudes to abortion.

I know multipule women who've had multiple abortions (3-4 or more) within the past, say 10 years, and as far as could be told, there seemed to be no remorse or accountibility.
 N8_DAWG
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 9:08:22 PM
My sister had a good friend growing up who was the product of a rape.

No matter how bad the rape experiance was the mother had the same parent child bond that normal families do and felt blessed to have her daughter.
 someones girl
Msg: 58
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 10:28:38 PM
Thats fortunate for your sisters friend, not everyone has such strength as her mother must have had
 shore66
Msg: 59
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 10:32:05 PM
I find it interesting that all these people who carry on about what the Bible says don't look to the Jewish tradition on abortion. The 10 commandments were given to the Jews, and Jewish law actually requires abortion when the life of the mother is threatened.
 someones girl
Msg: 60
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2005 11:09:20 PM
and christianity like many faiths have judaeic origins :D yeah interesting... I find it completely vulgar how some people would consider me to be a murderer if for the better of my family and myself were to abort set of cell divisions from becoming a sentient! and they are all men, who will never have in their life time to ever ponder such a decision ever.

Pro Life for who exactly> an unborn who will in some cases end up being abused the majority of their childhood because they are unwanted or the people already existing

nice point shore
 CountIbli
Msg: 61
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:59:43 AM

Ummm, could it be that it's because your killing another human life?

ding, ding, ding, yep that's why I call it murder.

What makes you think it's a human? Do you consider killing in self-defense, war, and by accident to be murder as well? Do you, like most pro-life Christians, support the death penalty?
 N8_DAWG
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:07:57 AM

What makes you think it's a human? Do you consider killing in self-defense, war, and by accident to be murder as well? Do you, like most pro-life Christians, support the death penalty?

100,000 years of human babies makes me think it's human.

self defensce is not murder, hence two different definitions.

War, yes.

You stereotype Christians....

No, I do not belive in the death penalty no matter what the crime.
 N8_DAWG
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:13:56 AM

I find it completely vulgar how some people would consider me to be a murderer if for the better of my family and myself were to abort set of cell divisions from becoming a sentient! and they are all men, who will never have in their life time to ever ponder such a decision ever.

Judge, jurry and executioner, huh?

Whatever makes your life easier I guess.

Here's my question about abortion...

What about the unborn life? Why don't we kill off the woman and keep the innoccent child?
 N8_DAWG
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:16:41 AM

Thats fortunate for your sisters friend, not everyone has such strength as her mother must have had

The importance of perseverance!!!
 Slap Happy
Msg: 65
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:16:46 AM
Now let me reiterate. If you abort a fetus, it can only be technicaly classed as murder. if that collection of cells has developed to a stage where it has independent thoughts and is self aware. Otherwise it is just a collection of cells with the potential to become human, just like a collection of skinn cells that are washed of with a scab. You do not consider removing that scab and throwing away those body cells as murder but they have the potential to becmoe new life forms.

...true...but the do not have the ability to produce an inteligent , sentient life form...
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 66
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:42:31 AM
Take a look at this page you'll be amazed.....

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M37A412BB
 Jimmy66
Msg: 67
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:59:14 AM
Kat,

I'm just curious to know what is better for your family.

I don't understand how killing a life can be better for a family.Do you know the future?Do you know wether or not that the child you killed could've become another Albert Einstien and brought all kinds of blessings to your family?Or why not give it up for adoption to someone who really appreciates life.There are thousands who would love to have a kid.

As far as a kid being killed because he might be abused or whatever.Why do these type of people have unprotected sex anyways.You obviously know that if you have sex you are subject to getting pregnant.So if you are messed up in the head u shouldn't be having kids.And again I must know how you know the future?
 shore66
Msg: 68
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:42:27 PM
Why don't we kill off the woman and keep the innoccent child?

Gosh, I can't imagine why we don't!!!
 N8_DAWG
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:45:57 PM

Gosh, I can't imagine why we don't!!!

You jest, but with modern medical technology this is possible.
 Lemonade
Msg: 70
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:54:54 PM
I think the core argument over abortion is wether or not the mother should have the ability to chose terminating the pregnancy or not. Hell, for you pro-lifers I might as well use your terminology so you don't think I'm being unfair..

So, the question is - should a mother be able to kill her unborn child? Of course not. But an unborn child is a considerably developed human being and not a cluster of cells that doesn't have any higher brain function.

But I think before we as a society decide on whether or not a mother has power over the life of her fetus, we need to decide if a leader of a country has the power over his or her people to send them off to die in a war.

And on that note I'm going to avoid this thread because it is a little to messy for me ;)
 CountIbli
Msg: 71
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:43:33 PM
All you've said is that killing a human is murder. Why is self-defense different? Did Jesus or his Apostles kill in self-defense?

If killing a fetus is murder then why does the OT Law, given to us by God (according to Jews, Muslims, and Christians), provide for a mere fine for doing so, rather than the death penalty which is proscribed for murder.

What makes the fetus human instead of potentially human?
 CountIbli
Msg: 72
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:46:51 PM

Why don't we kill off the woman and keep the innoccent child?

According to Christianity the baby is born with Original Sin and will grow up to be a sinner. Innocent my pittudy!
 Jimmy66
Msg: 73
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:10:16 PM
CountIbli,
Why do people mix the OT with Christians.Being Christian means being Christ-like.Which means we follow the NT and not the OT.
As far as your last comment.A child is innocent until it reaches the age of accountibility.Until then it's a product of its invironment.If you bring it up in a abusive home it will be abusive,so on and so forth.So,a child is innocent until it's taught.Once it's taught to be aggressive and so and so forth,then and only then, is itnot innocent.Just remember the next time you are raising a kid that it picks up on every single emmotion and action.It picks up on every single thing.So before you get into a fight with your spouse,or before you sell drugs,or before you become full of hate, just remember that a kid is watching every detail.
 CountIbli
Msg: 74
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:13:13 PM

Why do people mix the OT with Christians.Being Christian means being Christ-like.Which means we follow the NT and not the OT.

Why do Christians reject the OT only when it's convenient to do so?
 Jimmy66
Msg: 75
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:25:46 PM
I do not have to reject it.I accept everything Christ did.Which is spread love.He never broke a law.He showed new lights to the OT laws.Christ said that he didn't come to do away with the OT laws but to fulfill them.

God bless and take care,
Jimmy
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Abortion [CLOSED - Run Its Course - Circular Discussion]