Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > would you give this guy another chance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mrslucci
Msg: 26
would you give this guy another chance?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
uh huh what he said^^^^ td&h
 Talitha001
Msg: 27
view profile
History
would you give this guy another chance?
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:36:07 PM
Ya know what???? I don`t think I`d give him a second chance...He sound like a player to me!!!
 OnTheBus
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:37:27 PM
how? Maybe, just maybe he was telling the truth
 byronus
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:43:37 PM
S.C.,

Don't listen to the criticism on here. You seem like a wonderful person, a fellow Ohioan...

Rule of thumb: NEVER give ANY man a second chance.

(BTW, I never stand women up. )

--Byron
 Angel_73
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:54:31 PM
personaly i wouldnt take time out of my life to meet him again ...chances are he wont show up and he will have a second chance to hurt you again ... if he really wants to meet you he will come to you... tell him your going to be somewhere that you are already planing to go anyways and tell him if he wants to show up fine... that way you are not waisting your time again.

As for the crying part i know where shes coming from ... sometimes you get attached to someone by talking online or on the phone and you think highly of that person ... then they do something like this and it hurts. It has happened to be before as well and its not a good feeling.

I hope things are going good for you hun and good luck with whatever you decide to do.
 emachine
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:56:31 AM
well i think if there was a good enough reason and u believe deep down that what he said us true then give him another chance but if you dont believe that its true and he gave you reasons to believe that then i would let it go there are alot of people out there then just him so yea remember you make the decisions for yourself and im sure you know whats right for u so yea make the best decision for yourself take care
 kerriisforty
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/28/2005 2:21:08 AM
I don't think so. With todays technology, cell phones -email- text messages, land lines... etc... there is absolutely no reason for a guy to stand anyone up or vise versa. dont forget there are plenty of fish.
 BarnBabe
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/28/2005 2:52:48 AM
Okay for all of you who are bashing her for crying: Cut it out! Sometimes when a girl gets stood up it makes her feel pretty much worthless and, especially if there's something else going on in her life, it can be enough to push her over the edge. I've been there too.

I don't know about you all, but I've never stayed home because of a sick aunt. Unless it was something very major, or there was no one else to take care of her, what would be the point? Major event, sure. Car crash, intensive care, or something which may be life threatening I can understand. Sheesh, when I was in the hospital having surgery, both my brothers went on dates that night. No big deal. I don't buy the sick aunt story, myself, it sounds like an excuse.

If it were me, I'd throw him back and re-set the line.
 Smooth_Criminal
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/28/2005 12:27:47 PM
T D & H was harsh! First of all, we have 4 drive in's in the dayton area and I thought it would be fun to meet there. I had my OWN transportation and I was running late and saw my gas gage at the last moment. I live a mile from the drive in and figured I'd have enough with my 4 bucks to get me home. No big deal. No, I did not expect my blind-date to furnish me with anything. I paid my OWN way in, and don't need to drink and eat and all that. I had a cooler full of diet pepsi with me. I'm self sufficient.

This was my first "date" in 2 1/2 years and I am kind of on shaky ground.

Most women WOULD shed a tear or two of possible embarassment to wonder WHAT it was that made their date flake out on them. Don't tell me any different.

I am not giving this guy another chance. We did have a conversation and an email and I told him I'd give him another chance and he wrote to me about a volleyball tourney he went to and no mention of another pending date. So I'm outta there.

Thank you to all of my supporters. I needed that.

For all you non supporters like TD & H I am not crazy and screw you for saying that. That was really really mean. You don't know anything about me or what I went through that night. But I know I'd "Run for the hills" from YOU. No doubt about that.
 biziedizie
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/28/2005 12:49:49 PM
Been wondering something, why didn't you just find another guy at the drive-in and hook up with him? Seems like the best thing to do as you got stood up!
 WallsOfRaiford
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/28/2005 12:53:46 PM
You know what's funny?? That crying thing would've worked had the manager been a dude. Chicks always cry and get away with stuff.
 coffeebeans
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:02:26 PM
T,D & H wasn't the only one who had those views. I agree 100% with him. The guy stood you up, and without hearing his side we are asked to judge him? We can't...but we can state our opinions based on what you have told us that you did. Basically you weren't prepared. You weren't prepared to deal with what if he doesn't show up? You weren't prepared with enough gas in your car. You definately weren't prepared to hear some of us say we question your thought process....not his.
If you come to a forum asking for peoples advice and opinions, you have to accept they are going to be different then what you are hoping to hear.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:04:19 PM
few things here.......... youd never met this person before and your meeting him at a DRIVE IN ????????????????? #1 mistake...safety first... 1st dates should be an open WELL LIT place with lots of ppl (not making out in cars lol).... drive in's are not a good place to 'meet'... how can you talk when your there to watch a movie ????

you didnt have his number or he have yours ? No way of contacting you to let you know of this emerg...

Personally.. I'd give him a second chance... if he does it a 2nd time... he's outta there

goodluck
 biziedizie
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:08:24 PM
The above are two smart ladies!
 Blastkist
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:11:11 PM
Hmmm...you bawled? Ok that tells me you are a bit neurotic. I mean come on, he didn't show up, so what? The guy's loss, I would have gotten some popcorn and parked next to a guy who was alone in his car LOL! Hey, you never know, could have been a better night than you envisioned.

4$!!! Are you crazy? NEVER EVER go out without enough money for sure cab fare home #1 and #2 be darn sure to have enough on your for emergencies...that was just well...dumb.

I for one don't believe in the "family emergency" deal...I mean come on! And if it was his aunt, I'm sure they would have understood if he had made his way over to the drive in to at least let you know that he won't be able to stay and has to go immediately to the hospital. I doubt it was a life and death thing, heck I doubt it even happened. This is such an old excuse.

Why does your screen name say "smooth-criminal?" What the hell kind of name is that for a woman anyway?

He's be dust on my trail.
 Psych
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:17:26 PM
Family emergency indeed. Even if it's true, it was only an aunt. Surely he has more than one.
What kind of cad would leave a woman hanging over a relative that's not even a sibling, parent, or child?

I think you should give him another chance. This time, start crying as soon as you meet him. Just keep crying and sniffling and wiping your nose on his sleeve. This will make him want to protect you, and hopefully inspire him to spend large amounts of cash on popcorn and Junior Mints. They're very refreshing.

Then, right before the movie starts, kick him in the nads and scream, "I told you not to touch me there!". Then run. Run like the wind.

That'll teach him.
 WallsOfRaiford
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:19:24 PM
blastkist.... I agree with all that stuff you said.... Good point about the money, I almost said the same thing.
 biziedizie
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:24:03 PM
And what about the high class gas station that has a diner attached to it? That's where truckers stop and their wives are a long ways away! You could have boinked one of them and drove off with a full tank of gas!
I'm telling ya lady you just weren't thinking!!
 UlaLume
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:27:47 PM
Who cares if he was telling the truth or not, sounds to me like he managed to avoid an emotional mess of a date.

Allowing strangers to get to you THAT much... crying over it? Come on. Anger, I can understand, but to be reduced to a crying, whining drama queen? He didn't do that, she did.

I'd personally condiser it a HUGE favor if the OP decided NOT to speak for MOST WOMEN, thank you very much.

Good for him!
 T,D and H
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:14:13 PM
The following is the response to a private message I received from the OP. I was going to include the long list of drugs she suggested I try to fully illustrate the point but I lost it once I blocked her. It is, however a relevant response within the context of this discussion so I'll include it here:

L., I'm sorry you feel hurt by my opinions but you posted your story in the forum and asked for our input. I'm sure it can't be a surprise to you that not everyone will agree with you in life. As for insulting me you just go right ahead, I've heard much worse from much better people before. Your detailed knowledge of prescription drugs is a clear indication that I was entirely right about everything I wrote. Instead of getting upset with me you might want to re-read my post and ponder it awhile.
Going on a date with no gas in your vehicle or money in your pocket is insane, don't ever do that again. Breaking down into tears over a guy you "bump into online now and then" is pointless....try to remember it's just dating, it's not the end of the world and being stood up is in no way a relection on you as a person.
I certainly would never date you. I strongly suggest you lighten up and try to have some fun. Oh and btw, I am blocking you so don't bother trying to write to me anymore.
Good luck to you.
 nembatha
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:39:29 PM
:) trolling for marks are we smoothy
 Deadmanwalkin
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:51:13 PM
Smooth, just remember never to expect anything. Be wary. The world is full of liars.
 Kumiteman
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:51 PM
The short version is that something happened and he could not make it. The rest would have happened anyway.

If you really like the guy, give him a chance but go in with your EYES OPEN. Be prepared for everything and don't expect anything. Let him do the work and see if he can save this. Stay alert and have a way out. I hate to say this but some are pretty smooth operators. Don't "let" him do this to you again.
 Smooth_Criminal
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:19:19 PM
Ok, so you pegged me, I am probably somewhat flaky and mental and gee, maybe even CRAZY. But I really liked this guy a lot. Talked to him on the phone for hours, got a feel for how I thought he was, we agreed we liked each other a lot. *shrug* Yeh, you guys pegged me. I'm stupid for having four dollars. Stupid. Just was not thinking. What was I looking at while pumping four dollars in gas? I have no freaking idea. Just stupid I guess.

He and I were going to give it another go. We had plans to spend the day together today. I was busy all day yesterday helping my brother all day yesterday and would not be back until the middle of the night last night. So, the night before that I sent him an email explaining that I needed for him to shoot me off an email and let me know what time in the morning and where he would like to meet. I got home at 1:15 in the AM and checked my email. NOTHING. I was so upset, I was like, oh, girl, second strike.

So I wrote him a freaked email saying, well so you stood me up again, Really nice. I don't want anything to you with you, I thought we kinda had a thing. And he came back with a vengaence. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and turned the tables to my fault.

I give. You can now bash me all you like but, I tried the second chance thing and feel so disappointed in the male species that I am going to delete my profile. I don't have trust, my parents, my brother, everything all fell apart at the same time and, well, some and probably most of you are stronger than I am. I feel like a nice new christmas bow ripped to shreds. Unrecoverable. It's all coming to a head at the same time.

I already have professional help, so yeah you had me pegged, I do have bi polar disorder, which makes it harder for me to sort things out. I have a guy lashing out at me for what I dont understand. He yells at me for yelling at him for not leaving me direction..... I'm so majorly confused. And sad is the word you could say most of all.

You will still bash me, I am sure. My life is just falling apart all around me and I can't keep up anymore. I feel like doing something drastic. Over this guy alone? No. But it's like being in a crowded room and SHOUTING and no one will listen to me.

Anyway, we were off topic for a moment. I just wanted to tell you that my heart was in it for the second chance. I really did try. I really did. I give up.
Laura
 KeepOnPretending
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/2/2005 1:45:14 PM
No way! no second chance.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > would you give this guy another chance?