Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > What's up with Montreal men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Firewalker1972
Msg: 76
What's up with Montreal men?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Hey! I'm new to this system and happened upon the forums and noticed these posts. Is that what the women on POF really think?

I put myself in the dating category as I think that all relationship should start with the basis of a friendship... and that I would like to get to know people a bit first before jumping in to quickly. Ultimately I would like to get married, but I think Dating reflect my honest thoughts right now. Does that mean that every woman on this system, is going to think I'm just hear to get some laid?!?!?

Confused new user.

Ken
 a/c
Msg: 77
What's up with Montreal men?
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:17:48 AM
WOW after reading some of the responses from the woman here, am I ever glad I live on the South Shore LOL

Cheers!!
 Santeros
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/13/2007 9:00:31 PM
Maria, I totally agree with you. Men from Montréal are beautiful and sexy. For those who have doubts, check my profile and you will be convince, Montréal's men rules!;)
 beautiful-grey
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/14/2007 2:35:15 AM
fact.....most men/women are looking for a good lover, some men/women tell themselves that sex is what it's all about, and they're easy to spot......others say that an emotional bonding, of their personal needs, is what it means to be loved....I have male and female friends that complain about the same thing..........my advice.....reeelax....nothing has to be done this second, i wouldn't look at it like it's "us+them",we all want the same thing,,,to feel good.....for some that's sex...and hey, there's nothing wrong with that....others get it from running a mile to flowers at work........people that do what they love...are always going to meet others on that path......guys that play week-end hockey meet other likeminded people.......the same for people who do yoga,tennis,ski,knit....you get the picture....so...................... if you're looking for romance..........be romantic................looking for frindship......be friendly........a good way to start.....be honest about who you are........and who you're not.................................................................
 sabbra caddabra
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/14/2007 5:41:16 AM
ideas are a matter of perception, i am not negating many of the women are running into"pigs, but I am sure thats worldwide and not montreal bound,..and on the "man" side...pof has been very hard most montreal women are not very friendly on this site...most mails or potential dates for me have been anywhere else but here, not all of us are pigs, some of us want dates, girlfriend...montreal women use pof, like there shopping for shoes downtown...i find the monteal women are very picky,...it wasnt like this in the 80s, and 90s....i been here all my life i noticed the changes....why dont some of the women mail the men, and be honest about your intentions and stop playing around and being fussy lil princesses looking for the perfect " ken doll"...women slave.....some of us are down to earth...you never give us the chance!!!
 gringo5555
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/30/2007 11:56:47 PM
I wonder if someone will put up a post on here asking "What's Up With Montreal Women". It would only be fair....
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/31/2007 7:54:17 AM
What IS up with Montreal women?

hitnf
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/4/2007 6:01:15 PM
I have skimmed through this thread and thought I'd give my 2cents on this.

This is embarrassing but I've messaged a lot of women on here from Montreal just being friendly and I hardly get any response back. I'm just looking for friends so I don't know why the response is really bad. Mind you I get the same thing in person, most Montreal women seem quite cold and want nothing to do with you unless you've got the looks going on.
I've met very few nice people in this city. This makes me mad but what can you do!

El_Mariachi
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/4/2007 7:47:05 PM

montreal women use pof, like there shopping for shoes downtown

Gawd! If finding the right man were as easy as finding the right shoes... life would be AWESOME!
 biggestluck
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/11/2007 10:16:54 AM
One thing is for sure, you Montreal girls are the bomb!!! I wish I could clone myself and date all of you!!! But for now a pen-pal would be nice untill I move there. I come for the race (F1) every year. I live in Windsor and I HATE it!!!
 which way is up
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/21/2007 12:40:13 PM
This is an interesting thread, I am not running around looking for sex but yes, getting that across is impossible. I've been told, that in Montréal, you need to appear to be a player but not be. Then you can get the girl you want but still be disease free :) Having just moved here from London, ON I have to say that people in general are much much friendlier here. Still hard to break the acquaintance to friend barrier but still friendlier.
I think that's my four cents.
 chrisofquebec
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/21/2007 4:24:32 PM
"Then you can get the girl you want but still be disease free :)"

Why not just wear a condom?

Besides, Montreal boasts the best STD clinics in Canada if you do get something or need to get tested.
 Coquine1
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/21/2007 7:17:35 PM
Montreal men are funny (just for laughs was born here), cute, smart, sweet and cunning linguists. Need I say more?
 4loorplay
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2007 4:47:47 AM
OT..lol we are no good.. You say the men on this site suck??lol and you havent found one yet....keep looking..check under rocks,check old shoe boxes...there has to be one...if you cant find one...check out the mirror...the problem might be there.. you can always go to a war cemetary....bring a shovel...i garentee there are a few good men..
 mystique-elle
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/6/2007 4:58:35 AM
They just need to be nailed to the tree like *Jello *talk about hard work but, once that is accomplished they are fine and Good to go... works for me
 4loorplay
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2007 5:04:19 AM
Mystique ......you may have done a impossible task....but it seems like your hard work paid off...u go girl...
 Tybaltstail
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 2:39:54 PM
What kind of question is this, anyway?

You know, I think a big part of the problem is that the good men (whatever that means) take as much effort to get to know as the good women do, and both are rare.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/9/2007 5:09:16 PM
Effort?

You mean we're supposed to put effort into this dating thing? Jeez.. now I know where I've gone wrong.

I thought this whole time that the thing to do here was knock men.

My bad.
 papou1981
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/22/2007 7:14:27 PM
Not only are we having a hard meeting them out there but now on this site too?
Holly sh(it)!!! Oh think I'll just become the crazy cat lady next door.
Is anyone up for arranged marriages? lol just kidding.
 cool4real!
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:35:00 AM
Why do men on this site often initiate communication, but do not give you the opportunity to reply because already they have deleted their account? Why would someone do that?
I sure wish some guys who want to get laid just say right away they are looking to get laid, and stop giving the word "fun" a bad name!
 Yeronds
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 5:01:12 PM
It's funny that in my experience, I've met a lot more women players than men (and many of these women were proud of it ) But anyways, as was said, there's good and bad on both sides, and we shouldn't generalize.
 Donthecaregiver
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:41:07 AM
Ladies & Gentleeman - Self respect goes is the ONLY way we can correct all deceit and disappointment we have on thises sites. It is our resposibility to correct the wrong by being authentic to wh were are. If we want to meet decent peopel with a vision for a future together _do onto others as you would have them do onto you and if you are not spiritual the what goes around comes around eventually. Do not use site to pick up and destry value and principals of each other there are site for everything you can imagine go there, Please leave however a site/ this site for peopte who yeally want to meet other decent people.

I am a Monteal "gentleman" and proud of it and you are right but p;ease don not believe this is just a gender thing, The females are no better thenthe males. Out of four sites over 3,000 responses to my profiles I have not found authenticity much of a reality on any of the sites yet. Nce people, fun, some more lookinf fro sex than others but general lies and lack of self respect.

When I place my profile is is so aauthentic I have so many people from all over the world complementing me of how impressed they were, " yet" I still have not met that "Lady" dispite my good intentions. Perhaps you can swing this around with your female intuition and guide me and send me yours and maybe I can you you and your friends.

For me Female means female - slim and slender means that - Non - smoker the same non drinker as well - and a phot cold be a few months or years old if you are the same today as then some people do mot show their age but be authenic please.

Respectfully Donald
 Cashew23
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:26:11 PM
I agree completely.

The day I joined the site I was messaged by a girl who asked me to add her online, and when I did, I tried starting a conversation, when she said she'd be right back. She never did and hasn't tried to contact me since then, so the impression I got is that a lot of people come on these sites to boost their self-esteem by getting attention but don't actually want anything serious.

It's strange because a friend of mine got a date through this site with a pretty cool girl, and I actually went with them because she invited her friends as well, so I'm surprised a lot of the women on here seem unwilling.
 mist999
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 12:13:32 PM
I did meet someone great, but I wasn't attracted to him, I do find men email and want to get together and just don't follow-up. They email and then are out of the picture for a while. They don't seem to get that they need to work a little bit to get someone interesting. I think you get what you pay for.
 mist999
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 12:15:53 PM
Well said. I work from home though, so I need to get myself out there to meet people.
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > What's up with Montreal men?