Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of Fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 russ16
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of FishPage 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
yeah my ex did that too she would come on here flirt and hand out her number then sit there an text message them....it hurts when they actively search for someone else while claiming to love and care for you...i have never felt like such a big piece of shitt in my life.......... clearly she was not happy and the lies are still haunting me (i actually loved the girl it may take a while to heal) so its not just guys who do it..........
 Katbird
Msg: 127
Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of Fish
Posted: 9/10/2006 2:00:42 PM
First of all, I have had enough life experience that I do not automatically give anyone my trust. They have to earn it. It is a sorry state of affairs out there in the singles world for any age group.
I used to be wary of "red flags". Now.... if I see even the tip of a red flag, I'm outta there.
I don't hang around hoping that I am mistaken. It is truly a shame that the singles world has come to this.As far as I'm concerned, there are going to be an awfully lot of lonely old people out there if things don't change. Finding a good man out there who is not a liar, cheap, destitute, or just plain desparate is like looking for a needle in a needle stack.
 larwilliams
Msg: 128
Posted: 9/10/2006 2:13:48 PM

Similiar issue different gender. My gf gets all upset when I "check-up on her" and confront her for having personnal ads posted. Then she found an old ad of mine (had forgotten about it and had not accessed for about a year (since before I met her) and she went off the charts. Her excuse for having ads posted has varied from "I'm conducting research" to... "I'm checking up on an old b/f" ... to.. "I'm checking up on you" ... I really love her and she claims to love me to the depth of her sole... but I can't bring myself to trust her... so I'm staying with her for the great companionship and great sex... and choosing for now to ignore what she may or may not be doing when we are apart... I think using personal sites is a type of addiction... we need "Personal Ads Anonymous" PAA meetings...
Unfortunately, for my experience, that's typically how most girls respond. A bf has no right to be angry if she's online looking to 'trade up', but if her bf does, she apparently has the right to let all hell loose on him.
 toloy2k
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2006 2:16:49 PM
Well
For what its worth, and from a man i have to agree, if he was happy in his relationship then why is he looking else where. Guys like that make it harder for us singletons to find someone.

I have been been on this site for a couple of months and havent had much luck in finding anyone, either people are on here for the forums or for the chat. Personally why join a dating site if all you want to do is post comments and chat through email. There are plenty of other places out there on the net to do that sort of thing.

I agree with the comment that if you cant handle finding something you dont want to know then dont go looking.

Just to put the record straight both Mozilla and windows XP have the ability to save logins and passwords, belive me im in IT, but if you have a bit of knowledge on these things then there are other ways to find the information like hidden system folders that keep a record of every page and site you have visited along with every image that has shown up on the pages visited.

OK thats me over with, ill get back to depths of POF and be lost in the ethos

bye
Ethan
 zigzzagz
Msg: 130
Posted: 9/10/2006 4:42:54 PM
Belle-6. your ex is obviously an ass, but you've made an error as well. You joined the site simply to screw him over, or at least that was your original intention by posting his name, contacting the women he contacted to "warn" them. If you go an eye for and eye pretty soon the whole world is blind.
 AREALANGEL
Msg: 131
Posted: 9/11/2006 1:16:32 PM
Like a snake.....they tend to recoil and hiss a lot when caught....he led a "secret" life...without your knowledge..taboo..exciting..some guys use this site as a sexual relief tool..oogling all the half dressed women on here and getting IM sex from willing online members..it's like him finding a vibrator in your drawer when you are too tired to do anything with him...same thing.
 Stegral
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/11/2006 1:37:14 PM
yep... my B/F (at the time) was in a different site & I was looking up history in gereral & really didn't like the name of the said site... I looked at the pages saved & they were all female profiles & usually boob pics...plus a few "types" of person ads...
I confronted him on it & he SWORE up & down it wasn't him, it was a buddy & his account, that he would change the password & it wouldn't happen again...
well I gave him the 2nd chance. we moved in together & one day while exploring MY MSN logs for one of MY histories I foung addy's I had no clue about.. when I opened them they were females he was flirting & camming with, the logs had it that he was saying he was either single or "just friends with benifits" & actually sent one a jack off vid !!! I cut & pasted 13 pages to justify & solidify why I lost it...& booted him out...
after 3 months of gradually going from being soooo sorry to stalking me to downright nasty I had to call police & involve them...He just wouldn't get the message from friends & family.
He FINALLY got the hint & left me alone...

TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS THEY ARE NORMALLY RIGHT !!!!!!
 SilverSatin
Msg: 133
Posted: 9/11/2006 1:47:26 PM
I'm glad that you found out so that you can either resolve your issues or get on with your

life. It is worse to be the last to know. Why stick around and be used til he finds someone

else? I feel sorry for whomever he latches onto. This is your wake up call. Fix it or move

on girl. It's up to you...
 lady tigerlily
Msg: 134
Posted: 9/11/2006 1:59:28 PM
The headline of this forum caught my eye, and is the reason I find myself back online, hoping to meet the 'right one'. Eighteen months ago I met a guy online. Everything seemed perfect and he was almost too good to be true. I fell totally in love with him and couldn't imagine my life without him. I even believed he felt the same way about me. I saw this guy for over a year but during the latter weeks of the relationship he became increasingly distant. Not knowing what was wrong and frustrated by the lack of communication, I contacted him constantly, went down to his area, all in the vain hope of spending a little time with him and hopefully resolve our differences. As he continued to ignore me, an intuitive friend suggested I try looking at dating sites to see if he is on them again, after all that is how we met in the first place. I was dismissive of her suggestion as we had both agreed that fate played a part in bringing us together and we now no longer needed any WWW. help in the relationship stakes. After checking a few sites with no sign of him, I came across Uniform Dating. I didn't need to register to find him, just put in a basic search. There he was..in his uniform (he is a fireman) and his profile pic was the same one that I had next to my bed. Devastated wasn't the word for me. I was heartbroken. Funny thing was he answered that text when I confronted him over it. He says it was all done for a laugh at the fire station..(yeah, right). His own words said he was looking for the needle in a haystack, girl next door type.. all the things I thought I was to him. Yeah, I got conned alright. Lots of lies emerged over the next couple of days about this shallow, empty man. Having given a year of my life (and my kids lives too) to this person, I felt that I should at least be given some kind of explaination. Nothing at all. As the previous writers to this thread have also found, he became very defensive and quite nasty, mainly due to the fact that he had been caught. Who knows how long he had been whoring online and indeed if he had ever met up with these women. I don't think he is on this site but girls avoid a guy who calls himself paratrooper999. He may sound the real deal, but I can assure you this boy has serious issues! As for me, I am getting on with things now. I tried a couple of other online dating sites, with little success and the ones I use now all came with recommendations from good pals (male ones at that!)
 misfitz
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2006 3:26:04 PM
Anyone using the name.... ********....he is from GA...watch out! He did the same thing to me. He is on several different sites.

You can't reference members who aren't participating in this thread or post real names
 salamander000
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2006 3:39:23 PM
oh, you mean DAN?? From Georgia?? I know HIM!
(send me a $25 money order and I'll disclose his present location to you)
 Thorb
Msg: 137
Posted: 9/11/2006 4:17:43 PM
^^two up^^^ ... how can you fall for an online guy you've never really touched?
^^^ above^^^ hi ..... nice ta seez ya again.

Now.... about this name dropping..... didn't you people read the forum rules?
its a no no .....

now about this PoF whoring .... hmmm.... this ain't that kind of place.
try somespamsite.
oops ... I'm not supposed to mention other dating sites either.
but its not really for dates ... its for whoring.

happy
 toloy2k
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 2:57:00 PM
Hi there

Please dont let bad experiences put you off looking for that perfect partner. I am still in hope that the girl for me is out there.
sorry some men are b*stards but then that can be said about the opposite sex.

Just keep searching and hopefully that person will crop up.

ethan
 budting
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/27/2007 1:57:15 PM
mmm is this new ethan is damm right
 iamunique4u
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2007 2:55:18 PM
you have every right to protect yourself; there are way too many double dealings going on and who knows what it could bring you! My addage is "always keep your eyes open" Good detective work!! You deserve better. I recently found out someone that I was living with for a yr, was a bisexual swinger...Not that was a shock!!
 SABachelor48
Msg: 141
Posted: 3/27/2007 3:04:54 PM
You woman do the same thing when chatting with a guy....Your chatting with about 20 others too until you find the right one. That's just another reason I will never tie the knot again......IT'S CALLED TRUST!
 it.can.happen
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/10/2007 6:33:40 AM
Meeting people and talking to people is not whoring.
I know that the men I talk to are talking to other women. But I'm not so insecure that I'm worried about it. They've made no long term commitments to me. I've made no long term commitments to them. If we are expected to commit for eternity to the first person we chat with.......
I compare banks with which I do business, I compare companies when applying for jobs. Marriage is THE MOST IMPORTANT commitment, so it is only valid that we put far more time into making comparisons and judging the men we chat with than the amount of time we put into company research before committing to a job, or shopping for a university, or selecting a bank.
Yes, we MUST put time into finding out about MORE THAN ONE PERSON before we commit ourselves to something so incredibly important.
I am pleased to see that the men interested in me are taking their time, looking at other prospects, comparing me to others, .....
I don't want a man who makes a snap decision based on not having looked at enough possibilities to really know that his choice is the right one.
And I refuse to make a committment based on a man's insecurity of not wanting me to compare him to others.
I am self-confident enough to not be intimidated by men comparing me to others and I am looking for a man who is also self-confident and secure.
 baby_girl_59
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/10/2007 6:57:32 AM
I agree , there had to be a trust issue... been there with my ex too ...he said we would be together forever ... lol ...find out he was in POF and going to meet some girl from here... i asked him about it and he said "Time for me to leave then".......that was that... gone ..no explantion, nothing ... oh well it happens all the time to someone

But the funny one , I went out with someone from POF for a couple of drinks, had a good time ...then 3 days i got an e-mail from someone saying it was his wife..they were back together and she was contacting all the women he had on his list.... lol....... password protected hmmmmm.....well he is deleted from the site now and i haven't heard anything ...

So i guess both women and men stretch the truth a bit ...... but you have to take it one day at a time for trust to be there .....
 passioniteone
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:26:43 AM
@sweetieGuy_ 81 thats where your wrong...anyone in a serious relationship has NO business on a computer chatting on a dating site PERIOD.
 angeldog
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:28:33 AM
You said it boyfriend and on top of that you let him use you like a paid w---. What do you expect when you dont respect yourself.
 4uBadBoy
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:56:09 AM
Hi;Sweetie
Just count yourself Lucky.It could of been worse,You could of been married to him.
"LOYALTY" That's a Joke.
People don't even know what the word means anymore.
Don't worry it's his loss not your's !
This is why I'll just stay SINGLE..
RENEGADE
 jennivieve
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:32:19 AM
Seems pretty common. My bf living with me for a year was also supposedly single and on here looking. I had suspicion so I looked around. Near Christmas he was actually telling people he was going to a funeral in BC. Not, he was here with me. I should have contacted them but I didn't. I let it go.

I have since let him go. I am not so sure the grass is greener....

I wonder if there are really so many of these guys out there or if we meet alot of the same ones.

Funniest part is that the emails he sent to different girls were the same. Form emails for dating....cheesy

Best of luck all
 silky01ca
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:39:54 AM
I hope your smart enough to stay away from him. You can never go back to the innocence. It will stay with you. Trust is broken. Good luck.. Hey may be its time for you to post...
 drg1301
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:58:07 AM
Unfortunately this is a common issue on both sides of the gender aisle.
There is players of both sexes and they find single sites prime feeding grounds.

BTW yes Mozzila and windows does have the ability to store passwords and login names. But if you delete your history on a regular basis as well as clean out your passwords occassionaly then that ability is cleaned out as well.
 celticclassic
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/12/2007 9:01:27 AM
Hi
My sympathies go out to you. My husband of 32 years was advetising himself on a dating site looking for another woman while we were still married. Granted, we had been having difficulties and talked about separating. Imagine my horror when our bank statement arrived with the evidence he had paid a dating agency. I looked up the dating agency and found his profile. He had a picture, all his personal details about his family and was looking for a woman. Needless to say he found someone almost immediately and announced he wanted a divorce. Somehow it all seemed perfectly normal to him. This was a Christian man who pastored a church for twelve years and brought his children up with very strict moral guidelines. Has the world gone mad? One year later I still can't make sense of the carnage but I have recently joined a dating site and am moving on with my life. It is best you found out at this stage rather than twenty years down the line. Just like the name says there is 'plentyoffish' in the sea. Go and catch yourself a good one!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of Fish