Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Good qualities of your EX......lets hear it      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daisie
Msg: 26
Good qualities of your EX......lets hear itPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Very smart...he was the smartest man I've ever known. Science smart, book smart, math smart, history smart (kind of a money dummy though). Conversations were great...I always learned something!! And he was a naturally great teacher, he is an airline pilot...but he should have been a school teacher.
 xpxpk
Msg: 27
Good qualities of your EX......lets hear it
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:16:27 AM
She was really pretty (I'm ugly)
She was very organized (I'm ADD)
She had high standards (I don't)
She understood me (I still don't)
 Angel_in_jeans
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:38:08 AM
Best thing and I still owe him big time: No complaints when I was a FT Mom for 1 year with our first. That was cool - thanks for the memories. Funny thing is, later in the marriage he thought I should appreciate that he *let* me work *lol* Never said a word about bringing home the money for that year. Different values, I guess.
 ksue44
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:10:28 AM
Ex hubby - great qualities:

1) charismatic
2) patient
3) helped around the house without having to be asked
4) very good looking (dead ringer for Collin Farrell)
5) intelligent
6) funny
7) good work ethic
8) enjoyed the simple pleasures of life
9) good in bed
 hoping42
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:34:52 AM
@everyone,
if all your ex's have such good qualities, why are they ex's?
 UlaLume
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:37:01 AM
I only demonize one of my exes and I don't do it in the forums because it's pointless, I just do it in my mind now and then. All of my exes still have the same qualities that made me want them in the first place, but the relationships didn't last for many reasons, the most common one being: we didn't want to keep going.

They were good guys and we had fun while it lasted.
 RedHeadedAngel
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:39:22 AM

if all your ex's have such good qualities, why are they ex's?

My ex decided he couldn't handle the responsibility of being married anymore.

HIS choice, not mine - but you play the hand that life deals, you learn to bluff on the "not so good" days, and if you're smart, you force yourself to heal and keep moving forward.

So...

HIS loss (and mine, in some ways)...but we're still friends, and we still speak highly of each other, to others.
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:47:13 AM
Hoping...you have nothing nice to say about your ex? Why did you love them in the first place. I think the point of Kings post was to spin something positive. The world would be a better place if people would try just try to be a little more positive and less negative...plus if you have kids..you HAVE to see the positive in the person you had kids with otherwise you are setting yourself and your children up for failure..and I wish for my daughter to see me nice to her father rather than being a ****. :)
 hoping42
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:12:40 AM
@neniceguysleft
No sweety, I have nothing good to say about her, but that is probably because she went back to a husband she never mentioned having in the first place - that sort of thing tends to sting a bit.

As for your post, fair point.
 muvment
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:17:52 AM
She was/is:

-Extremely intelligent and self-aware.
-She would ALWAYS be there for her friends/family when needed.
-Very supportive.
-Driven/ambitious
-Diverse interests.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:02:53 PM
Now THIS is a DECENT thread. I get so tired of reading all the negativity and hate about the exes. (I know who you are, and you dont have a hope in hell with me )

So, that being said, YES, I LOVED my ex. There were things about her that drove me bonkers, but I NEVER forgot the reasons I fell in love with her.

She was Pretty
Educated
Intelligent
Had a sense of stewardship for the planet
adventurous, (and NO, I am not talking dirty here) We climbed mountains together, and were traveling partners.
She could cook freaking AMAZING dinners and for holiday events. MAN, she was AWESOME there. and her tastes were Eclectic
in fact, she was TASTEFUL
She was exotic looking, and European actually
and she IS still a wonderful loving mother to our children. I may have chosen poorly as far as a wife goes, but definately not as far as a Mate for giving me offspring. and raisning them well.

Even her quirks. Her dorky theories that were based in absolutely no factual basis at all
the funny crease she would get between her eyes when she was pi$$ed off
 ripley65
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:06:08 PM
1) great sense of humor
2) handsome
3) our sex life was fantastic lol
4) outgoing
5) respectful

Dang,,those are good qualities! lol
 tantalizing
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:10:40 PM
hhhmmm...he was (is) gentle,polite always the gentleman,He put others before himself.He never asked me to anything that he couldnt do himself.
On my very worst days when it looked like a mac truck backed over my face..he told me everyday how beautiful I was. and yto this day although he;s long gone and happily in love again he still tell my kids that thier mom was the most beautiful woman he ever met..
To bad he wrecked it by cheating..lol ah well he is me dearest friend now and I wish him every happiness every day.
 Ronnie411
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:14:53 PM
He is my best friend.
 leafslady
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:18:58 PM
My ex-husband...
~good father
~very mellow,laid-back personality
~honest
~helpful

Still friends with him,and his wife...
Just because we weren't a good match doesn't mean I don't admire him as a person.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:19:04 PM
Taking notes here on who is being positive Nice to read it actually
 queenrhiannon
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:19:14 PM
Hes in England?
Actually I will talk about the one that I respected (not the last jerk)
He was kind (sometimes too much)
He respected my parents
He worked hard on trying to acheive his goals
He loved my cat :)

But distance and the realization that we were more a family member to eachother than lovers and friends - we had to end it.
 RedHeadedAngel
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:26:26 PM

Taking notes here on who is being positive

C'mon, OTB...we're not ALL bitter and nasty about our ex-whatevers...
 tantalizing
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:40:14 PM
now OTB..what do we think our x's may say about us if given the same question? would they all be as generous?
 queenrhiannon
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:41:13 PM
You bring up a good and valid point!
 RedHeadedAngel
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:46:23 PM

what do we think our x's may say about us if given the same question? would they all be as generous?

Mine would...if he was talking to someone else, especially; he reserved the nasty sh!t to say TO me, when we were in the "heat" of it all...thank god THOSE days are done, now. He's since gotten to a "better place," and has apologized for all the nonsense, as have I. Now, we're back to remembering why we wanted to be a part of each others' lives in the first place, and I know that if I _ever_ need him, all I need to do is make a phone call and he'll drop everything AND move heaven & earth, if necessary.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:56:56 PM

Mine would probably stretch the truth like she seems to enjoy doing and paint a nasty picture of me like she did. But she would say I am a good daddy so Who cares
 tantalizing
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:35:55 PM
mine would say she's alright..makes damn good looking babies Ill give her that..lol
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:12:24 PM
Hey OTB I totally agree with ya...the negative gets a little old. Again I have to say that he was the man I fell in love with and married...and although we grew up into different people we still loved each other once..oh hell we still love each other..and respect each other but not like we once did. So he would also say nice things about me. He thinks I'm funny and I'm a good mommy. And a flippin goddess in the bedroom hahaha.
 queenrhiannon
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:15:50 PM
Well one ex did say something that I guess was supposed to be nice about me...
he commented on something he enjoyed me doing to him
problem was - he was on tv when he friggin did it (dont date musicians..)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Good qualities of your EX......lets hear it