Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why are there so many men without photos..........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nymarco
Msg: 26
why are there so many men without photos..........Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Well i am chatting with a girl on this site who might want to meat me but has no photos. It is just a blind date no big deal if we do not find each other attractive, when we meet no big deal!! we just move on. Well back in the early 90's before the internet caught on i used to post personal ads in new york news day and never traded phots and got a lot dates. All where blind dates and about 60% of the woman where very attractive. But most of my dates said they where such and sush and most where. How can you tell by a few photos and a 50 words of profile who some one is. you have to see them in person to make up your mind if they are the one for you. And i under stand dating men is a safty issue with woman.but a well planed date in a public place is safe. What most woman want on this site is to have about 3 dates on the computer before they meet any one. i used to tell woman this before every one had a photo on the internet. if you meet me in person you will be disapointed with me and most wherent. (now if i could learn to spell)
Marc
 ????? ??????
Msg: 27
why are there so many men without photos..........
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:06:05 PM
we care about looks as much as we care about personality etc, we are not shallow, but looks are important as well as other things. its men who just care about looks...remember? ;)
 nymarco
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:08:42 PM
HAD TO FIX ONE LINE

person you will be NOT disapointed with me and most whernt
 Se7en9
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:35:57 PM
well i guess its a "I Look like a Loser" kinda thing I guess

who knows maybe they have an elbow growing out their chin and named Cletus and live down on regional road in who tha fcuk cares , idaho/mississippi ... yeah!!! thing going on...

just a thought
 ses1973
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:46:17 PM
Maybe they don't make enough money to buy a digital camera?

Silent ninja, your response rate is up to 1.5%. I wish I could get in that range.
 cavedude
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:47:14 PM
@ cinnamoncat

[Cavedude has the BEST photos on his profile!]

Well i'm glad you like the pics of my cats. I feel like you're being sarcastic, and that's cool, however if you look at my profile i don't have much of anything on there do I? Hence i'm interested in what?? not much I guess, definitely not insulting people or trying to "find a date" I like the forums and DAT is why i'm here.

plentyofsnobbygirls
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:02:57 PM
I added humor to my profile...i'm thinking a dash of blackmagic might push me over the 2% mark
 dark_moon
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:22:37 PM
I have almost never answered a message from a man with no photo, for most of the reasons others have mentioned.
 prello
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:45:52 PM
i agree, but like some of the other men said, i have a photo and i have no reponses either
so who knows
 JHD198
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:50:38 PM
and here I thought women liked intrigue?
 tazme93
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:18:53 AM
LMAO>>>> Well A few of the men had some good points.. Yes women do get on here and say they like intrigue, mystery,that looks dont matter... funny though.. Not sure if anyone has ever done this but maybe it will catch on.. A woman asks you for a pic then send them one.... talk with them.. meet them.. then when they are forced into the decision of telling someone not interested because of this or that then the guy will know she is hung up on looks.. Noone can truely sit here and say why a guy doesnt have a pic up. Maybe he doesnt have a digital camera.. Maybe he doesnt make enough money to go to the nearest Wal-mart and have a pic scanned and placed on a computer.. I'be been chatting online for years.. Not in this site but others.. I never posted a pic on the site.. Not because I was afraid of what I looked like but simply because I wasnt there to pick up a girl on a date.. I was just there ot chat.. Like I am here.. I dont ask you for pics... If I email someone I dont get mad and ownder why they are here but yet wont email me.. Why> Simple If I email someone its because I wanted to point out something in there profile... So I emailed them. pointed it out,whatever it may be.. humpr.. description or whatever and I am done.. Didnt do it to illicit a response so therefore it doesnt matter.. If you want to respond cool. If you dont.. even better..I dont have a digital camera.. ANd I live in a small town and no they arent a place you can go to nearby to have a pic scanned and placed on a disc.. But I did get some pics scannedand I have them.. You dont want to talk to me because I dont have a pic. then fine your lost not mine.. I am here to talk.. nope not gay but yes I wil talk to a guy if they ask me something or want ot know something.. Thats the only reason I am here is to talk.. Not to pick up something.. No I am not married.. No no kids..Maybe people dont post ther epics up here because they dont want to take a chance and bump in to someone that chats here in an eating establishment.. whatever the reason its there reason and there right.. If you want to display your pic then display it.. You dont have a right to ge tmad or question why some of the guys dont put up ther epic anymore than they have the right to question or wonder why you do put up your pic.. Dang chat.. have fun.. laugh.. read... talk.. if your motto is no pic no chat or no response ,then hey some guy mails ya with no pic then he just save ya the trouble of responding... Seems to me that most of the people here get irritated because they cant see what the person looks like,, if you chat with the person and you like him is him being less attractive than your previous bf a big issue .;; No pic. No chat... Bad spelling gets ya no women,,, wrong hair, hair color wrong... Man you sit down and think about it your not even in a relationship yet and you already got problems... Man ya gotta love the forums...Sorry to those of you who read this and get mad but truth is its each individuals right to put there pic up or take it down.. heck we never know the pic you have up may offend someone... so twiddle de twiddle dumb... I'm just here to chat with anyone....
 Fatty_McFatFukk
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:34:41 AM
I went on a date a couple of weeks ago w/ a guy who had no pic. He showed up looking like Napolean Dynamite.
 plentyofsnobbygirls
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:01:30 AM
I could ask why so many women only put on close facial shots?.. what are they hiding?
 jimb77
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:56:36 AM
250 means nothing unless you say the height. I am 240 but I am 6'4". How tall was he?
 ImYourAngel23
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:14:36 AM
Dont worst my time if theres no picture by stopping by..........if u cant be honest and up front.........dont want any part of the B/S
 ImYourAngel23
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:17:20 AM
For me im not hinding anything by putting up close facial shot.............i have many pics of my full body shot...................
 Se7en9
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:30:51 AM
HAHAHA Napoleon Dynamite !!!!

"TINA Come get yer DINNNNER!"

so did ya give it up to him, or send'm packn Blue ball's n all?

and Tazme... wow you got alot on your mind, thanks for the full step by step to why you have no pic and why we should Care and why .. why ... why... this is the part when i went to the Fridge to make my self a Turkey sandwich.
 crispy41
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:51:50 AM
jimb77 - she said 250 extra pounds. I had the exact same thing happen on my very first blind date. He was easily 400 lbs. Nice guy for sure but definitely not gonna happen!
 RiskyBzns
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/15/2005 7:31:31 AM
The reason I chose not to put a picture up is because my ex gf is on here. I don't need to be bothered by her finding me here and getting jealous.
 plentyofsnobbygirls
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/15/2005 9:33:30 AM
"For me im not hinding anything by putting up close facial shot.............i have many pics of my full body shot"

Not everygirl does though...I take a look through my local gals, or even just this thread and there is a lot of strictly facial shots

P.S wicked car you have there
 ImYourAngel23
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:00:05 AM
Thanks glad u like my car
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:05:07 AM
Welcome to cyber dating.

I learned better than to respond to no picture. I also learned not to rely on the picture either.

@tazme...I wonder...would you ever email a profile to comment on what they wrote if they didn't have a picture?

@ whoever made the comment about not putting full body shots... Us ladies aren't asking for a full body shot, or at least I'm not. You can tell in someone's head shot whether or not they're a two-ton-tilly.
 aka Joe
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2005 11:39:57 AM
Mspicky, that was a rotten thing to say regarding two-ton-tilly. Aren't you just the nicest person available here. Name calling is a cruel childs game and that was uncalled for. And you can't always tell from a head shot what their body shape is. I have met several women online who took great head pictures but in person were more than a few extra pounds. Some people's faces don't balloon up like others.

And getting back to the original post, there may be a lot of men who don't have a pic up but there are just as many women who don't either. And I agree with the majority here and its based on experience, if there is no pic, they are hiding something whether it be bad looks or marriage or whatever.
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/15/2005 11:41:58 AM
deh, I wasn't calling anyone names. I was merely using that as an example.

My apologies if I offended you. But, you're reading it wrong.

But, if the shoe fits....
 passionfly
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2005 11:50:28 AM
you ladies are missing one of the most obvious reasons a guy doesnt post their picture in their profile. What if hes such eye candy to women that that is ALL they go by and do not judge him based on who he is as a person.

Wouldnt it be funny if he showed up on the date after u admired his mental attributes only to find out hes everything you ever dreamed of he would be physically and then some. Now wouldnt that be a nice surprise?

Also, wouldnt it be nice if a guy judged you based on your non-physical attributes? Now wouldnt that be a kind a guy that has some depth to them? Instead of the usual, 'wow nice tits, wanna date?' kind of guy?

I've gone out with women that didnt have a picture in their profile and boy were they smokin hot physically =) If you think outside the box, the worst that can happen is you will be pleasantly surprised. And so what if they are overweight? Do they not have a heart and a soul too?

If this overweight or sterotypically unattractive guy could make you feel in all those ways you have ever wanted to feel with a man with his very being, would you pass up this opportuity granted to you?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why are there so many men without photos..........