Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why are there so many men without photos..........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aka Joe
Msg: 51
view profile
History
why are there so many men without photos..........Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Mspicky, you were generalizing with your remark. you refer to overweight people in a derogatory sense and then think nothing of it. I myself was very overweight for a good part of my life and I do take offense to people like you being so thoughtless. I had to lose weight just to become acceptable to society. I grew up with taunts and name calling like your comment and was made to feel like an outsider. Why is it okay for people to make fun of overweight people still but other subjects like race are taboo now? And your last comment about "if the shoe fits" shows that your apology is hollow. You've shown your true colors. It is never okay to make a comment like that.
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 52
why are there so many men without photos..........
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:07:11 PM
drh,

First of all, you need to get over it.

Second, don't you even pretend to know about "people like me", because you don't know what I've been through. I take offense to your "people like you" statement. WTF is that?

I'm done with this conversation with you now. I see it's going to be a dead end anyway. Sorry that you thought my apology was hollow, but it wasn't. And, I'm not about to sit here trying to convince you otherwise. Apperntly, you've already made your judgement about "people like me". So, do yourself a favor and avoid my kind.
 aka Joe
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:49:19 PM
That's funny...I need to get over it because you can't stand being called on it. Or maybe overweight people are supposed to be abused verbally. Hmmmm. Maybe you are right. Nah.
Whatever you've been through hasn't taught you about respect for other people. I read your profile before I even brought this whole thing up, rather shallow. Oh well, have a good life!!
Cheers!
 Se7en9
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:59:07 PM
Drh1966:

wanna Prozac????
 aka Joe
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:05:51 PM
This is what i get for sticking up for people. Now this guy is on her side. Probably took a look at her profile and saw how cute she was and decided he needed to score brownie points. Sad....why do i bother?
 caddyman1
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:49:11 PM
ok a feel most men do not know how to upload there photos ,ok lame excuse asking the same for women . but maybe its a man thing you just do not want any of your friends to know that your looking
 caddyman1
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:53:52 PM
I thought this was america ,every one has the right to say what ever so you were fat big deal , i am ugly who cares she has every right to say what she wants to who ever grow up if you can not take the heat get out of the kicthen as they say
 MTV101
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:56:33 PM

Same reason why there are so many women on here,

that either have fake photos (you know the ones, they are all blurry or they are using someones model pics)

or what does it matter, there are too many women that all they do is look at the photo and unread/delete or if they are bored, read/delete our letters and then claim they get soooooo many that they specify in their profile "wont reply without a photo and a intelligent letter".......how the heck will they know if they dont even read them.
 aka Joe
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2005 2:02:33 PM
Yep, your right caddyman1. We all have the right to say whatever we want. Lets call a spade a spade right? Lets call each other cruel names and make fun of those who are not physically attractive. I was wrong apparently. Consideration for others is wrong. I'm sorry. I won't ever say anything about ignorant people making rude comments again. Please accept my apologies.
 buzzingbee
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/15/2005 2:10:36 PM
Yeah, my own experience - some sort of hidden agenda or purely professional reason.
Further mails revealed more of their characters. And yes, pics eventually followed to.

Last guy - in this scenario - still uses photo (too good to be true) of someone else and ...eventually acknowledged that!

Yes, these men have some issues ...

bzzzzzzzz
 pastagirl
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:18:44 PM
hi to all,

i had no idea this was going to be a war zone..i am soooo sorry if i have offended anybody. he was 5 feet 9 inches. he stated a few extra pounds. i felt he betrayed me. i have no problem with anybody as long as they state the truth about their appearence. do you agree all????? thank you for stating your comments. God bless you all.

pastagirl
 cottonginny
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:23:45 PM
maybe he was a nice guy if u gace it a chance ifur looking for looks well through time they change also i rather have heavy man who treats me nice and respects me then a charmer whos flirting with every fish he can find ,,,,,,,,,,,,, its whats in teh heart and hey u dont have to quickly meet maybe a chance to get to know some one would be nice , but every one is in a rush.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:29:55 PM
I used to have my pic up but have recently removed it because I'm dating. Don't wanna have the ladies here drool all over me anymore ...just kidding. But I'm athletic, and am normal....don't look like a geek or odd in anyway. But I have no apprehension at all in emailing my pics when asked.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/15/2005 9:30:23 PM
Sorry, that came out wrong. I'm NOT looking for a date. Only here for the forums...why
would I want to advertise myself?
 HeyYouKB
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2005 9:57:34 PM
I do agree that if the outer appearance doesn't spark something in us, then we're not going to take it any further so may as well just get that out of the way by posting a photo.

I have never felt comfortable having my picture taken, but, I do want attention so I whipped out my cell phone and posted it. Of course, I'm much cuter in person, but it is a resemblance.
If I was a guy, I'd be much more cautious of a "glamor shot", than a bad photo.

And PS to guys, don't pose like a tough guy, smile! It's important for us to know if you have teeth!!!
 wiccked
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:14:30 PM
i think we are all shallow to some degree- and looks do matter to a degree- at least with me- i dont think i want to end up with someone that looks like ichabod crane- and it really is whats on the inside that counts- looks will fade eventually but the real person will still be there- if you really want to meet a woman on this thing, youa betta putta uppa pic! i, for one, will not initate contact with anyone that does not have a pic posted- i dont need to try and guess what type of person is hiding behind this cloak of anonymity- if you are truly serious about finding whatever you seek, take off the mask and let them see the real YOU
 daisie
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:17:58 PM
Could be a number of good reasons they choose not to put pics online. This is the FIRST site I have EVER posted my pic on (and it was completely accidentally as I tried to send a pic to an email pal...it got on my profile and I was horrified, but I got used to it.) I never did it before for privacy reasons, but not because I was worried about my appearance. I also did that as a way to FILTER out the guys who were overly concerned with looks. That filtered out a lot of guys...and gave me a little insight into the character of the men who did write to me. Then again...these guys could be butt-ugly. What the heck do I know?
 CountIbli
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:26:23 PM
Drh, seriously, you need to get over it. Do you think only fat people are singled out for cruel treatment? When I was a kid I was made fun of because I had red hair, was short, my mom made me wear a tie to school, etc. Kids will use any excuse to make fun of other kids.

This is not a bad thing! Yes it sounds horrible, but this is the training ground for people to learn to withstand adversity. I'm a stronger person for having been made fun of as a kid. I have a resilient ego because of it.
 danial27
Msg: 69
hi there........
Posted: 9/15/2005 11:19:11 PM
well i do have a photo on hear/but also i think alot oh people wont put a photo on because they think that when a person sees them they will blow them off. i have this problem i send emails and they email back wanting to see what i look like i attach a photo and then they wont email back either because there stuck up and shallow, or they must not be intrested either way what you see is what you get if they dont like it they can move on
 danial27
Msg: 70
hi........
Posted: 9/15/2005 11:22:16 PM
well i have a photo but i think why some men dont have is because there are alot of stuck up and shalow women that bace everything on looks,
 4mrstuntman
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:04:24 AM
Photos lie, my main photo is current the others are 1999, I'm still not a beer gut flake.
Looks matter to everyone, but it isn't for me to judge the taste of others I let that be their thing.
I assume that a photo of a really fit guy opens him up to being labeled a mimbo, same for the ladies, if they're really fit, bimbos.
labeling is one of America's conscious indulgences, everything we consume is labeled.
Yes I know my age, but I have never married or dated anyone near my age, I wouldn't know how to act around people my age.
I'm not going to start following "the rules" just because others wish I would "conform"
Yada, yada, yada,
jeff
 aka Joe
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:36:45 AM
My experience with non-photo profiles is that it rarely turns out good. These people know their looks are not a selling point and so don't post one. I am always rotating my pics because I know I'm not photogenic and look much better in person as most of us do. I just keep snapping away hoping a few pics end up looking good. But I think its better to have a pic up rather than no pic, at least it gives the other person an opportunity to make a more informed choice about whether they wish to contact you or not. There are very few of us who do not base our attraction to someone initially on looks, its human nature for better or for worse.
 Se7en9
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:08:06 AM
Kids can be so cruel.. short with red hair....and a Tie!!!! ... Freckles did ya have freckles???

awwww muffin!!!!!
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:58:38 PM
Keep in mind too that some of us live in smaller communities. Some of us in smaller
cities like Vancouver have been recognized on the streets. I don't want my boss
to be reading some of the posts I've put up
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:03:38 PM
Lazyboyz,

If your boss sees your profile/pictures, it's because your boss is on this site as well.

Why be embarrassed?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why are there so many men without photos..........