Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is a kiss on the first date classy or trashy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 atta_dude777
Msg: 51
is a kiss on the first date classy or trashyPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Kissing is important some girls are shy about it perhaps they think if they hold out on the kiss they will be doing the right thing or perhaps they think its trashy.

If a girl can't kiss well I'm not gonna teach her, been there done that. I find the women that you just add me and allow nature to take its course are the best and they usually start with a kiss on the first date.

So I guess its classy a pre-requisite to the second date most definitely.

Dude.....
 NiceGurlForU07
Msg: 52
is a kiss on the first date classy or trashy
Posted: 7/31/2007 12:34:00 PM
Well, i think a first date is a good place to start.. ;) Kissing is Kissing right, the way i look at it, is the guy dont know how to kiss, then i think ..ok do i waste my time trying to teach him, and what else is he bad at LOL or do i move on...Kissing is important, its very intimate and should be done with caution..SO kissing on a first date is very important..But that's as far as it would go on a first date! SO i would say Kissing on a first date is very classy, when done right..Not trashy Its all about Chemistry
 nigelwright
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/31/2007 5:49:59 PM
it shows yo uare both interested.

Its all very well playing it cool but what happens if the otehr person goes away thinking you are either not interested or frigid !
 scorpiomover
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 6:29:32 PM
If a woman can have a real good kiss, but not jump into bed, then IMHO she has self-control. That is classy.
 mthr2kds
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 6:47:01 PM
I think that if you like the man and you feel a little chemistry working there...................LAY ONE ON HIM!!!! I loved to kiss!
Enjoy!
Kiss!
Kiss again mthr
 prettypicky
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/31/2007 7:02:52 PM
I had been out of the dating scene for a loooong time and had been chatting with a guy regularily for about a month. When we finally met, I found that I was indeed attracted to him.

Because he was older than me and knowing that men can be a little thick about these sorts of things, I decided to make it absolutely clear that I was interested. (I didn't want him to go away thinking that I wasn't.) So I layed a G-rated one on him.

Well, live and learn. Suffice to say that dating over 30 is much different than it was when I was younger. Let's just say that he took this as a provocative action.

I will not be doing that again.

Now, it's just a handshake--because they like us better that way. Go figure. I'm not saying that it's classy or trashy, because in a perfect world it's a moot point. But it's not a perfect world, so from now on, it's Grandma's Rules.
 cw35
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 7:18:30 PM
I hope it's okay because I always seem to get a steamy kiss goodnight on a first date.
 designingwoman
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 9:19:52 PM
I think a light kiss on the cheek or the lips on a first date is a nice touch, especially if both parties are attracted to each other. It's a nice way to end a first date.

Making out like "crazed voles" in in public on a first date=GROSS

Watching people make out like crazy in public=PRICELESS--a free show for all to enjoy LOL
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 9:56:36 PM

Because he was older than me and knowing that men can be a little thick about these sorts of things, I decided to make it absolutely clear that I was interested. (I didn't want him to go away thinking that I wasn't.) So I layed a G-rated one on him.

Well, live and learn. Suffice to say that dating over 30 is much different than it was when I was younger. Let's just say that he took this as a provocative action.

Prettypicky.... mmmmmmm.... that is the problem isn't it... I agree with you on making it absolutely clear that your interested,as you say hehe men can be a little thick about things like that.... but then you have the problem that some will take advantage of it.... has happened to me in the past also.... not easy.
Not trashy,but trying to kiss someone on the first date without them thinking you want to jump their bones can be difficult.

when on the first date? at the beginning of , the middle of or at the end as there are different styles for each moment,

care to show the different styles Trapps?

why the hell not if you both dig each other - not trashy!

here here
 prettypicky
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/31/2007 11:09:08 PM
Princess for short--well (hee, hee) he TRIED to progress things further, but because I Latin dance, I'm a expert at the shoulder touch, gauge the distance, block and fast retreat...

I did not mean to "tease" the guy--really I didn't. I just didn't consider that it would be perceived as anything other than G-rated. Perhaps it was because he's ultra-conservative, at least in appearances (and you know what those are like...) We did end up dating. I did end up falling for the guy and and I did end up....well, nevermind. But honestly, things happened quicker than I had planned, because once a guy perceived you in "that way" (i.e. mating material, not necessarily trashy)..he's going to stay "objective focussed" until he reaches his goal. It distracts his mind from more important things, like getting to know you for who you are.

Also men SAY that they want a woman who takes initiative and that may well be true in all circumstances. It's what they want her FOR that's the problem. One would think that a guy would simply think: "Yippeee! She's attracted to me and thinks I'm special" if you kiss him and leave it at that. But noooo, it doesn't seem to work that way in reality. I believe their thought process go something like this (even if they are perfectly logical in other areas of their lives):

"Oh. She kissed me, so obviously, she must kiss everyone. If she kisses everyone, she must do the mambo (not the Latin kind) with everyone...oh, she's must be desperate or easy or both."

I'm experimenting with the boundaries in these specific situations (hey, I'm a late bloomer), and I haven't perfected it yet. So...for now, it's Grandma's Rules for first dates. Period. End Stop. No exceptions. And if I decide that I might like to kiss him at some point, then he can be the one to lay one on me. *sigh* Why do they have to make something so simple and natural, so tough? Urf.
 Miss Poppy
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/31/2007 11:19:38 PM
I think if you have chemistry then go for it - otherwise, who cares what anyone else thinks, just do what YOU want. It's just flippin' kissing.
 The Unexpected
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/1/2007 2:32:57 AM
If there is an interest definitely kiss. Without one I assume you see me as friend only material.
 trailertrashh
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/1/2007 4:46:09 AM
Trashy if you dont plan on having a second date. If you are into each other go for it!
 vosche
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/1/2007 2:26:02 PM
a kiss is a lovely trick,
designed by nature ,
to stop speech when,
words become superfluous

---Ingrid Bergman
 SINGLE AND SASSY 2
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/1/2007 2:37:16 PM
I DONT THINK NOBODY REALLY KNOWS UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN ON THAT FIRST DATE AND IF YOU BOTH FEEL THAT CHEMISTRY
 Jersey101
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2007 6:00:35 PM
Depends on what you are looking for from the date I suppose. One night stand then the kissing comes hand in hand and is ok...

Now if we are talking about the actual dating game then a kiss on the cheek is simple and sweet. But if people kiss on the first date I dont ever think its trashy, its personal preference, to each their own.

You know what really bothers me is when a man I hardly know kisses my hand. I dislike that. yuck
 GraceNotes
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/1/2007 7:48:47 PM
It depends on the date. Was there an unmistakeable connection? If so, a kiss is fine.

And it depends on the kiss...!
 BLUES PICKER
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/1/2007 11:04:52 PM
It's depends on if you feel any chemistry clicking!! If there is let the smacky mouth fly!! Make it a good 1st kiss----- and doing so your saying ---I think we have a chance at this--I'm here an doing my best to get your attention ,and see If I've got yours. I think it's classy -if you just do it!! But let her here a good smack!! That's just me--lol.
 aceohearts
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/2/2007 12:13:01 AM
I would have to say to anyone over the age of 15, kiss them if you want to, dont kiss them if you dont.... whats the big deal. This question might have made sense if you asked about sex on the first date.
If that is what you meant, wait until the third date.. LOL
 cotter
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 9:05:42 AM

... is a kiss on the first date classy or trashy
A kiss is what you make it ... what you give to it.

On a first date ... if you want to know if I still have tonsils or not, please just ask. I do not need any man doing his own search, so please keep your tongue in your mouth and use it to form words that will ask questions so that you do not need to do your own "cavity" searches.

That said ... I do not have a problem with a kiss on a first date, but it needs to be soft and gentle and caring. I want "tenderness" ... not "body probes" ...
 iamapisces
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/3/2007 11:32:48 AM
i agree with you but this egycanad is not letting go, however, he believes a small little one on the cheek is more than enough for him to be able to speak
 Brian_Thorn
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2007 12:09:50 PM
I find this entire notion of "classy or trashy" regarding kissing to be rather comical to say the least. I am willing to bet some of you "no kiss types" would put less thought into giving a Pooch a smooch (or some other cute fuzzy cuddly critter) than you would your date. As others have suggested why complicate something so inherently simple and pleasureable with nonsense instead of using simple common sense?

Would seem to me if the sparks are there, what better way is there to quench them for the evening than with a kiss? If the sparks aren't there for one or both, well then it would seem to me to be a moot point. Peck on the cheeck, impassioned lip lock, or oral exploratory examination to the hoots of "get a room", all depend on how you both feel about kissing, and more importantly each other, and quite frankly, who gives a rat's patoot what others think in this regard. All that truly matters is what the two of you think. If you haven't figured out what works best for you, and/or are incapable of expressing such at this point in your life, I daresay you have other things beyond kissing to be more concerned with. In short, why not simply K.I.S.S.

Have fun ;)!

(K.I.S.S. -Keep It Simple Stupid)
 Frau Blücher
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/3/2007 12:18:07 PM
I think a first date kiss is all relative to how well the chemistry flows; the greater the mutual chemistry and attraction, the greater the kiss. The problem occurs when the “spark” is one-sided; hence people’s inordinate fear of nasty mother puckers.
 lifesshort03
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2007 1:25:05 PM
For me, it's been bad luck. Every lady that I have kissed on a first date has ended up being bad news. DON'T DO IT!
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/3/2007 1:25:37 PM
is this a kiss on the mouth or another area?

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is a kiss on the first date classy or trashy