Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an OLDER WOMAN??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dr_Malcolm
Msg: 26
is it so bad to want an OLDER WOMAN??Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
For the most part that's what us younger guys are after, but I personally wouldn't mind a relatioship with an older woman, if we click what else matters?
 fillyluver
Msg: 27
is it so bad to want an OLDER WOMAN??
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:36:39 PM
It's not a bad thing, but speaking from an older womans point of view the only problem I have experienced with younger men in a long term relationship and depending on the age difference, is that I will get older faster than him. Once your headed toward 50 the aging process starts to move faster. If the guy is much younger, up to 10 years, he may feel differently once the signs of aging start to appear much faster than his. He may feel differently when he wakes up on the morning and looks over at his loved one and notices the skin hanging and the aged look of his partner. Then what, he goes for a woman younger than his partner and she is left old, wrinkled and alone. Hmmmmmmm.
 Blastkist
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:20:22 PM
Depends what he's after.
 Norst
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:49:44 PM
dude, yer hang'n with the wrong guys. At least 85% of my buddies think older women are hot. Including myself. Not say'n I don't like ones my age or younger either, but I'm not gunna rule out going 10yrs older than me. I'm more likely to do that than 10yrs younger.
 Dougler
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:56:56 PM
Having been married to an older woman I can say that if things work then you go with them. Be prepared to deal with ageism though.
 eatmealive
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/19/2005 12:47:28 PM
Im all over an older woman before a younger one. Weird thing is i relate to them really well But im also pretty flexible and could relate to an 18year old!
Truth of the matter is im more attracted to someone older.
 Rake
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:59:59 AM
I think after reading this I'll meet him. I don't know if it's the hangup because I have kids his age....the youngest I've ever dated was 10 years younger, he's 23 years younger...that's a bit more of a stretch. What the heck I guess i can go meet him for a drink...I'm with tantalizing though, it's not really shock, but I honestly don't see why all these younger guys and I've had a TON of them, why they're attracted to me. Yeah, I think I look "decent" maybe for my age, but I don't look 25!! hahaha Okay, so I'll just meet him and try to deal with my own hangups.

"Decent" ? You are being much too humble. I can only speak for myself but you have no idea how sexy and what a powerful aphrodesiac confidence, maturity and class can be for me. I suspect this is true for men of any age.

Seduction begins with the mind and ends with the body my dear bucsie ;)
 fitchik
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/22/2005 12:22:57 PM
25 is NEVER too young, shoot, 22 isn't too young, lol..........and there is nothing wrong with you wanting an older woman!

"why is it that men my age get flamed so hard for wanting to date older women? is it a "golden rule" that they wont do it? I have found that in person, older women are just attracted to me. period. but here on the net, seems like alot of older women think 25yo is too immature. is this the case?"
 leafslady
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/22/2005 2:18:55 PM
I constantly get emails from younger men,went on dates with a few....
If the "spark" is there and you're on the same page about what's going on..then all the better!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:13:08 PM
Aw rake, you're gonna make me blush...and that's not easy to do! Well yeah, after all that I wrote him back and said sure I'll meet you for a drink, so what day is good for you. And guess what? Yup, as of today no reply. No biggie....hahaha!
 leafslady
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:16:16 PM
Well,honey...definitely his loss!
 andysweden
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2005 4:46:43 PM
Ive dated older women since I was in my early 20's.
Mainly because I quickly grew out of the partying scene and prefered a bit of sensible conversation and romance.
However one question that I have been asked by every single older partner.
"does the fact that I am X years older than you, bother you?"
Of course the answer was no, but it is obviously something that bothers them.
Sadly people will judge the woman as it tends to be the woman who is older in this type of relationship. But this is all borne out of jealousy.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/22/2005 4:50:50 PM
leafs I wasn't all that excited or into it anyway, so not a big deal to me. In fact I have to confess that I was at least partly relieved. If I would have wanted to so bad, I wouldn't have posted my reservations here. Oh well maybe one of these days, I will just cave in and do it..it being meet them for a drink and talk. My BS radar works pretty damn well, I can zero in on being sold a bill of goods with very little effort!! hahaha
 ClassyMinx
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/23/2005 6:37:00 AM
It is a very rare young man that has enough depth or life experience to hold my attention...but when they do...well...ooooo yeah!!!

I love youger men for these reasons: Beautiful and vital, generally a VERY good match sexually for an older woman, open minded and adventurous. Shortcoming: Many are still raising kids and have very limited time to develop something that would fulfill them. Also..they don't have wisdom on their side (for the most part) They allow their erections to override their judgement, and their character all too often. Here is what a wise, older man once shared with me:

"I think having time to develop a quality friendship, wherever it goes makes for a better experience...
I also believe that a relationship, in any form, is not something you get, but something you do. It is about being actively engaged in caring for whom and what we value. Trust is born from friendship and intimacy is born from trust. It all requires an investment of time." He is of course 100% correct, and young men just don't get this.
And I think a majority are seeking sexual experience...not really into developing something of quality.
 Naydra
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:33:25 AM
Almost every guy I've ever dated has been younger than me and all my friends are younger than me. I think it does depend a lot on what you have in common with each other and what direction your lives are headed. Another thing is most (not all) men my age and younger still want to have children...personally, at my age, I don't want to be having babies and I don't want to start a relationship with someone who isn't sure about what they want.
 The_Magician
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:05:42 AM
naydra .. since you don’t want kids and they do, its safe to date youger guys ???

Well, I think it is a great ego boost for women. Makes them feel desirable, especially if out of a hurtful break up and nice way to show the ex that you can get a boy when all he gets is the palm sisters. As far as I am concered, it is great. but don’t suger coated with the connection thing.

And guys, you get very high quality sex in return and a lot less pressure for commitment.
 SAMUELMC
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:46:44 AM
Why men want older women?

because

1) They naturally like their moms but all kinds of social norms says "no way" so they like other older women. For the feelings they feel nearby their moms ...

2) They simply want some experience and think older women is easier to get into bed.. At least they will not be shy and too much demanding like a young lady. Plus they think they have much more better chance...

3) They want somebody to keep up their house or somebody who has already set up some rules for her life which maybe applicable to our boy so that he can have a regular life... This is rare but I see it happens...

4) They are very mature and they simply cannot get along with young girls...

Why women want young men?

because

1) Young means energy. The spring of the life...They can live a second spring..

2) Young man will not come with too many expectations and kids like an old man may come...

3) It is always good to have an active bed partner.. Imagine loving an old man who can have a heart attack right away....Can you enjoy that sex?

4) As she gets older she can have somebody who can take care of her....
 The_Magician
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:36:21 AM
I don’t get it. I think the term Cougar is a compliment, not dragetory. It means that you are hot enough to attract men of all ages, you are sexy and you want to have fun.

Don’t kid yourself. A 25 year old boy is not going to stay with you and help you raise your kids. He has his own life to think about and starting his own family. He is just there for as long as the going is good. Admit it. Call yourselves proud to be a cougar and enjoy yourselves.

~ClassyMinx~ it is not your attention that he is interested in :)~
 -lebanese-lion--
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:54:37 PM
i agree with magician on his past two posts. good stuff, plus i just dont relate to my age range anymore.
 Belladona
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:05:49 PM
I think the insincerity that usually accompanies a younger man's want to date an older woman, which would be just a booty call or f/w/b, is probably why some older women are so turned off when approached by younger men.
 -lebanese-lion--
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:09:18 PM
good point belladona. acutally, have had that excuse more than once. i actually just met a nice woman last week whos first instinct was that when we first started talking. then she let her guard down about it when she realized i wasnt just after what she had underneath her clothes. but you are right. all i need is a little time to prove myself. lo.l..
 iluvmonkeys2
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:27:30 PM
very true bella. though i prefer to date younger men, i admit my guard is usually up when approached. i've no desire to be either a booty call or fwb. been there, done that, won't do it again. i recently received an email from someone (he's 26) i emailed briefly a little over a year ago. briefly because when he found out that i was looking for a little more than that, he poofed away right into thin air. now, a year later, he's resurfaced and initiated contact again. we'll see if things have changed. i'm waiting for a response to my last email which answered the question how i thought a relationship between a younger man and older woman would go.

but i think, magician and lion, that the labels MILF and Cougar are at least one of the reasons that we are leary. they are NOT used as compliments and i for one find them to be derogatory. they quite simply offend me. MILF is just crude and Cougar is meant for an older woman who stalks younger men...her prey. hardly complimentary.
 free2date34
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:35:13 PM
I understand what you mean about having women over 30 having their stuff together... especially if they have had their fun, had a child and responsability....got the partying out of the way early.

if a younger man wants to be with an older woman, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Look at all the men who have been going out with younger woman all these years.... the task is to find a man who is mature enough.... there are men out there, 27, 29 who are more mature then some 39 and 40 year old men that i've met. Look at Demi Moore... you go girl:)

Just wish you were living closer Mr. Lebanese Lion so we could go out on a special date!

Belladona
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:32:59 PM

but i think, magician and lion, that the labels MILF and Cougar are at least one of the reasons that we are leary. they are NOT used as compliments and i for one find them to be derogatory. they quite simply offend me. MILF is just crude and Cougar is meant for an older woman who stalks younger men...her prey. hardly complimentary.

^^^^ Amen to that sister!!! I too find both those terms totally derogatory, and I don't give a damn if it's meant to be complimentary....it's a back-handed compliment at best, and at its worst it's disrespectful.

Lebanese... I think time and thoughtfulness are all that's needed and the age issue becomes a non-issue.
 The_Magician
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:45:41 PM
No wonder why men in my age group prefer to date younger women. I am reading these posts and shaking my head. It seems, you all want respect … but are very poor at reciprocating it And have really lost your perspective in regards to what’s real.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an OLDER WOMAN??