Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > SPORTS THAT WERE NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYED BY WOMEN.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chinua
Msg: 126
SPORTS THAT WERE NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYED BY WOMEN.Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
yeah.....we'll invite Ashton Kutcher to the first match......(Kelso; "get it on!")
 oldanduglyincalgary
Msg: 127
SPORTS THAT WERE NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYED BY WOMEN.
Posted: 11/3/2005 10:17:39 AM
You may want to wrestle Aston Kutcher but he or any male for that matter would not be on my favorites list of competitors to wrestle with in jello.
 chinua
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/3/2005 11:00:56 AM
I don't mean wrestle with him!!!- he'd cry!!!
 livewirehere
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/3/2005 11:32:10 AM
Chinua, it's the age-old problem with domestic abuse, whether it's emotional or physical... They wear you down, more mentally than anything.. Plus, he was 6' 3 and 230 lbs, I'm 5'3, and was about 95 lbs at the time... And, I tried fighting back once, only makes things worse... It's all about the emotional hold they have on you, more than anything.

Both of my brothers were younger than me ((one was 15 months younger, the other 3 years younger)), and I used to beat the crap out of them~~ My dad even has pics of one of my brothers with a split lip and black eye ((courtesy of you-know-who).... ~~
 chinua
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/3/2005 12:13:04 PM
ok.......so you both were abusers.........?
as for your ex......i have had a couple of boyfriends who tried..........they were gone as soon as they started that- and they were much bigger than me.
you didn't answer my comments about you thinking there must be something wrong with me; that i must like getting hit; you definately implied it.
 saiyan_1
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/3/2005 1:04:59 PM
And its men like these... that we honestly need to get rid of. Til then, women learn some martial arts.. learn to fight back! And Youre right...its a control freak issue alot of these guys have... and I think its a learned behaviour they learned... Wire..I bet ur ex watched the same bullshit growin up. And i bet hed hit you when he was losing an argument or was caught at something. So did Itoo come from an abusive household full of violence, esp. against women, except I evlect and CHOOSE to break the chain! And seein that shit makes my blood boil now... wanna hit a woman... try a guy. Like ME. Its like that Nickleback song "never again"...
and for you chinua..I could imply further sexual innuendoes with regards to you liking a good roughing up. But not this time. Maybe thats your way of taking away that element by controling it and inviting it instead of shying away... attack the problem not run from it. Be hurt physically and voluntarily in a controllable atmosphere, and not in your real and personal life?
Im sure if and when we meet... oh yeah I just said that I wouldnt go there, didnt I???

and i see it now, on a tourism flyer: Canada: home of the beaver... of good beer, same-sex marriages, and pro jello wrestling!!!
 chinua
Msg: 132
Posted: 11/3/2005 3:12:43 PM
Saiyan;guys like Wire's ex don't have the guts to go after guys like you ; they never heard of that saying 'pick on someone your own size'; I just hope it all comes back on him; if it hasn't already.........?
as for the rest...you could be right about some of it; although i don't want to control anybody........and i don't want them to control me!
and what do you mean if........:) yeah.......
 livewirehere
Msg: 133
Posted: 11/3/2005 5:28:45 PM
I didn't mean to imply that at all, which is what I was trying to explain.. It's hard for me to explain, but since I got the crap beat out of me for all those years, the thought of ever getting hit again almost gives me an anxiety attack.... What I did to my brothers was a "play thing".... Like "All Star Wrestling"... Know what I'm saying...

More power to ya, is all I can say~~~~ I was pretty tough, until I got married the first time.. That changed things a lot. I guess I think I'm over it all and have worked through it all, until some weird thing like this comes up..

I'm sorry, I'm in no way implying that what you're doing is wrong... In fact, it's probably what I should be doing---to get over some ((obvious)) leftover fears....

Hats off to ya~~~
 chinua
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/3/2005 5:36:59 PM
wire.......i think it might help....maybe not karate....judo?(it's more like wrestling) Saiyan has more knowledge of other styles than i do; i'm sure he'll give you some ideas!!
...... That happened to a friend of mine....she ended up sneaking out of a window- to get away from him. Now she's married to a great guy; and has been a cop for over 20 years.
 livewirehere
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/3/2005 6:27:00 PM
I got married again, for 19 years, to a guy that never would have ever touched me ((there is a god))~~ But, like I said, you think you're over something, and some weird thing makes it all come back....

I do admire you for doing what you do.. I got over my fear of the ocean by getting certified in SCUBA, and a mild fear of heights by sky diving, so I'm seriously considering something like you suggested ((judo, which my dad used to do))>>> Seems that's how I get over fears.. by just diving right in and doing it>>

Thanks for the advice~~~
 chinua
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/3/2005 6:54:58 PM
You're welcome!!!!---it's also good exercise:)
 saiyan_1
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/4/2005 1:31:00 PM
I would indeed recommend judo...however I am a firm believer that akido is the martial art best suitet for a woman for many reasons. Akido is what you want!
 chinua
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/4/2005 5:10:43 PM
saiyan,,,,,,i knew you'd come through!!!......wire; there you go! you can always try both:)
 saiyan_1
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/11/2005 5:31:24 AM

saiyan,,,,,,i knew you'd come through!!!......wire; there you go! you can always try both:)

try not only these, but visit the dojos of as many different schools as you can to find the one for YOU. think of it like youre buying a house or car... you want the one thats best for YOU and no one can tell you that but YOU!! Still, if you can, a good akido (thats the martial art Steven Segal uses) school will make you someone best left alone! and good luck!
 ~*acasha*~
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/28/2005 10:07:42 AM
mmm rugby
i wanted to play that so bad
but my school never had a team
i was going to transfer just to play
but i would have lost my hockey..
i would like to play on an adult team around here
and i agree with the bodybuilding
gross
 oldanduglyincalgary
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/29/2005 4:06:11 PM
Growing up, I was the youngest and smallest at family gatherings so needless to say rugby has never really been an interest to me.
 YellowEyes_Wolf
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:42:30 PM
well to all you men and women who think women should not play rugby I disagree.. I didnt start playing until I got to college and I love it.. I dont find it to ruff and I find it is best when we practice with the guys and trust me when they get to know you they dont take it easy on you.. I practice and play with some of my friends and we play hard.. even if it is a fun game we pull out all the stops and work hard.. As for baseball. I have been playing for over 14 years now and I can play with the best of them and have been known to take out a few players from time to time, be it playing the bases or sliding into a bag.. I am not huge but I know how to play and that is what counts..
I am constintly questioned about rugby and no one believes I can play because if my size but I hit hard and I play hard and I have been known to take down some preety big boys on the pitch from time to time..

as for the drinking side to rugby.. well that is the best part and the time to show what you are really made of.. any of you who has had a 'few' drinks with a rugger or the full team you know what I am talking about

so play what you wish and enjoy it dont let someone tell you you cant play or shouldnt because you are female..
 razcle
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/8/2006 9:11:38 PM
In response to hughJrection message 11

They split male and female sports apart because it provides better competition for both genders. The women can play against the top women in the field and win something significant, where as they likely would not make the cut trying to pay against the top males. Besides, women are not discluded in most male sports leauges (like Manon Rheaume (NHL), Danica Patrick (IRL), and Annika Sorenstam (PGA)) However for the most part they cannot compete with their male counterparts at the highest of levels.

For instance, last week the US Olympic Womens Hockey Team played a highschool team of boys and lost 3-2. Sure it was likely a competitive game but your talking about the 2nd best womens team in the world and they cannot beat an American Highschool team. Imagine how they would face off against the male Team Canada or even USA for that matter. This way top females can get recognized for their accomplishments as top female athletes.

So I think all sports should be open for women to compete against males as long as they earn their spot just like everyone else has to.
 jeniva
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:25:37 AM
brunetteleana76 - So why shouldnt women do boxing????? Please tell me, Im very interested in what you have to say!
 jeniva
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:16 AM
Jelly wrestling??? Wow, Id definately be in that! hehe
 jeniva
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:29:46 AM
pepper2 -
So you think men should be cheerleaders??? - might need to shave their legs though - you know with the skirt flying up and all! Oh god, I just had a terrible vision - thanks for that!!
 Karlos05
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:18:07 AM
i'm gonna say, theres no sport around that women cant and shouldn't play!
 brighton_stuart
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/10/2006 11:40:46 AM
Jelly wrestling sounds good to me Jeniva *rah*

*nips off to the supermarket* ;)
 RandomGuy1979
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/10/2006 1:45:31 PM
I think this whole thread was what sports women shoulden't play not what you think what sports turn you off or on by women? Than I hear some men going on about purposly picking out the women and plan to smash them as hard as they can and hope they extremely hurt them or break a bone, And expect them not to complain. Now those guys are just craving for attention. I even played a few sports where women are known to be even ruffer than men. Ok I am sure there might be a few sport where its all men but than I am sure women are smart enough that why would they get envolved in some sports because it would cause seious injuries.
Men who find women body building a turn off. well yeah some women builders don't attract most men on looks but I am sure the women that are attractive. (which i find some are) The're just scared shitless because the women and be more agressive than the man or expect twice as much pleasure. I am sure there well be guys thinking"oh no not me i can handle it" well thats Bullsh*t I know alot of guys out there like to show off but than i know there are a alot of women that can put you down.
So guys quiet you ****in and complain and think of a real sport. not how they look hot to you or not. And women come on here complaing too well you just show that you crave the attention any hell your a WWHHHHOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! lol

Random Guy *Luvs my Rugby women*
 jeniva
Msg: 150
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:23:03 PM
brighton_stuart - Let me guess - You want to be the umpire right? hehe
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > SPORTS THAT WERE NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYED BY WOMEN.