Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dracitamo
Msg: 26
Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Jealousy is horrible. If you can't trust the person, then why are you with them. If they leave you then you are better off without them. If they love you then you don't have anything to worry about. Enjoy life and have some self-confidence. Jealous people are a huge turn off for me. I see it and I ditch.
 ~Dangerous Liaison~
Msg: 27
Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?
Posted: 9/28/2005 11:37:40 AM
GOOD AND BAD TO A POINT,
JEALOUSY IS GOOD, BECAUSE IT TELLS YOU YOU ACTUALLY FEEL SOMETHING DEEPER THAN LIKEING THE OTHER PERSON.
ITS BAD THOUGH FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT IT DRIVES ME INSANE.

MEN...
*IF I WANTED TO CHEAT ON YOU, I WOULD BREAK UP WITH YOU FIRST.
*IF I DIDNT ANSWER THE PHONE THE FIRST 17 TIMES YOU CALLED I PROBABLY WONT ANSWER ON THE 18TH
*JUST BECAUSE I HAVE GUYS NAMES ON MY CELL PHONE DOES NOT ACTUALLY MEAN THAT THEY ARE GUYS (ie terry, toni, jo, lee, you get the picture)
*DONT SHOW UP UNEXPECTEDLY AT MY HOUSE JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT I AM ALONE...THAT MAKES YOU LOOK CRAZY...AND ANNOYS THE PISS OUT OF ME.

OKAY HAD TO GET THAT OFF OF MY CHEST
 SO_U_DO_IT
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/28/2005 12:03:25 PM
Jealousy is such a bad omen, but a natural instinct of trying to prepare for rejection (some take that out of context, though.). There is no need to be so jealous, and ONLY if you know that your signifigant other is retreating with you for the evening. Be careful
 YamIhere
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 12:13:07 PM

JEALOUSY IS GOOD, BECAUSE IT TELLS YOU YOU ACTUALLY FEEL SOMETHING DEEPER THAN LIKEING THE OTHER PERSON.

You sound like my ex. She left no doubt that the one thing she hated most about me is that I never got jealous. Part of the reason she left me was because she is so emotionally shallow that she has to be with someone who gets jealous. Jealousy does not show how strong your feelings are for someone - it's an emotional defect. In other words, it's never good - not for the person feeling it and not for the person who is targeted by it.
 PourSugarOnMe
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/28/2005 12:16:38 PM
Jealousy and drama go hand in hand ~ it is always best to avoid them both !

If you are comfortable in your own skin and know what you bring to the table is the best dish out there then there is no purpose for jealousy.. .. now on the other hand if you don't bring much to the table except maybe cold soup then you might have something to worry about but the jealousy is your fault not theirs.. .. .. nuff said?
 ShaunaDanielle
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:08:42 PM
I'm a very jealous person...jealous of pretty much everyone. I can't help it; it's just the way I am/have always been...I try not to let it show much though.
 kuddlebum
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:23:17 PM
Can be very detrimental to a relationship, as in many things. I used to be married to a man that would dance with everyone that was single or alone at the party, and it never bothered me, but when I would LIKE to dance with the one I am with,,,it would be nice, and DO NOT go over the top when I do dance with someone else.

Jealousy can be over come by trust loyalty and honesty I would hope, although it hasn't in the past. People tend to think what they want to, and there is no way of changing thier minds or reasoning with them at the time. Sometimes when they do realize they have over reacted,,,,is way to late to mend the wounds that have occured.

Jealousy can be flattering in a minute way ,but there is a limit, and with great comunication and an undersatnding, jealousy could be over come betwen two people IF both are willing to that is.

Some should learn never to use the jealousy as a weapon, because it can be a weapon to some and many use it to thier advantages, which is NOT fair.(revenge or to get thier own way)
 wildgreeneyes68
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:28:03 PM
I think jealousy can be good but it also can be bad if it goes out of control where the man is so jealous that he is controlling the woman. Some jealousy just shows that the person cares, but it can go too far depending on how much jealousy there is.

I would worry if someone has no jealousy at all. That would make me wonder if that person really cares or not.

Dani
 YamIhere
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:31:52 PM

I would worry if someone has no jealousy at all. That would make me wonder if that person really cares or not.

Are you serious? You would honestly prefer to date a man who doesn't trust you? I personally will not stand for it. My ex was a jealous controlling shrew. Never again!
 sammysalt
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:49:59 PM
O.K. a little is good.
A lot is bad.
Here is why.
Someone comes on to me, and my old man don't try to knock them out, because he says I am old enough to tell them no. He trust me to do that.
I would be upset if he trusted me enough to stay over night with the other sex, even if it was a freind. There are lines, where a man should show he cares.
 jeanc200358
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:53:53 PM
It depends. If you have no justification for jealousy, then it's unwarranted. If you do, then it isn't "jealously" at all, is it?
 YamIhere
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:55:56 PM
This surprises me beyond belief that people lack self confidence to the extent they need someone to display a mental defect over them.
 My.02 Cents
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/28/2005 3:04:15 PM
Well yam...why so surprised? For many people only see themselves if/as others do!!!

And I'm with you on this one...If a relationship is only good for exciting jealousy and insecurity...then that is NOT the kind of relationship that I myself am looking for...

Also, it's good enough for me that someone communicates through words and deed that they love and care about me...NOT trusting me is not my idea of "love"!!! D.
 dionysyus
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/28/2005 3:36:47 PM
Generally for sure an evil emotion.

It is one thing to be pissed off if you mate kisses someone in front of you, but most of the jealousy I have seen that is a problem is completely unfounded, based on insecurities and childhood abuse. This sort of thing should be dealt with by counciling, and not relationship counciling, individual counciling for the jealous individual. Once you turn it into relationship counciling, the council ends up talking about "compromise" and the victom gets re-victomized.
 poly_pal
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 4:07:18 PM
Wildgreeneyes,

There are more positive ways to show one cares than jealousy.
 jimi77
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/28/2005 4:30:15 PM
I think it has it's place but for the most part it is used for all the wrong reasons and only effects the realtionship in a negitive way and drives the person to resentment and farther away.

In a good way it is a warring flag something is a miss on your side or theres and needs to be delt with.
 Blastkist
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/28/2005 4:50:01 PM
It's normal to experience a little jealousy from time to time, but it's should pass and it needn't be acted upon. It's just a feeling you get in your gut when you feel that you're threatened by someone who has something better than you.

The type that I think most are describing here as controlling and possessive is just neurotic to me and not worthy of the lable of jealousy. That would be emotional insecurity.
 jimb77
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:14:08 PM
normal emotion
 kmoc1966
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:43:05 PM
there is nothing good that is implied or stems from jealousy.......if you want to show affection, or if you want to be more appealing to your partner, try a more positive approach! all jealousy does is lead to a potentially bad situation.....instead of becoming jealous, talk about what made you feel that way with your partner - just be honest and upfront!
 theotherguy1985
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:09:07 PM
I think Jealousy can be a good emotion, in small doses ofcourse, just enough to get some motivation to prove that I'm better than the guy she was talkin/danceing/ w/e with and vise versa, nothing wrong with a little competition
 buzzingbee
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/29/2005 7:20:30 AM
"IT'T AN EMOTIONAL DEFECT" (YamIhere)
Yes

I don't think so that there is POSITIVE or NEGATIVE JEALOUSY.
It is just WASTE OF ENERGY that could be used better .

bzzzzzzzz
 khama
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/29/2005 8:25:11 AM
Jealous = Fearful or weary of being supplanted (as by force)

Jealousy = A jealous attitude towards a rival: Close watchfulness

What so good about these emotions... NOT !!...
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/30/2005 1:15:53 AM
My gf is very jealous - she doesn't like my female friends and I find myself
feeling guilty for even speaking with them.

I will standby them, but will always tend to my gf never tiring of reassuring
her that everything is ok.
 npitkins
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2005 3:42:17 AM
I think a little jealousy is fine , keeps a little spark in a relationship.
 coffee_cognac
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/30/2005 4:02:41 AM
Jealousy is neither good nor bad in itself simply because it is an emotion. It depends what you do with it.

A dance may be just a dance. And a talk may be just a talk. Knock yourself out. (Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...)

HOWEVER, if it don't look like he's coming home with ME after all, then he is f#cked in more ways than one...because I will barricade the door!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?