Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 timber_wolf
Msg: 76
Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
ok i see your point except for.....'love plays games with us to make sure we're paying attention' ......i've never played games maybe i'm missing this point ......but i don't see jealousy as cute or necessary in a relationship....
 Ian_The_Only
Msg: 77
Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?
Posted: 10/4/2005 7:55:08 AM
I have no reason to be jealous.I know where MrsL's heart is.
 missy_pq
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:13:05 AM
In my book, jealousy=insecurity. If you can't trust someone, you shouldn't be with them. Either they are doing something to make you feel insecure, or you just have trust issues. If it's the latter, you need to figure out why so you don't keep running partners off. As for me, I lived with a INSANELY jealous man for 6 years and would rather live the rest of my life alone than repeat that experience.
 quoth_the_raven
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:42:53 AM
Always have to agree with Sugar.
 iloveboys21
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/6/2005 7:13:54 AM
i a women look for a guy
 amust2c
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2005 2:33:41 PM
It is sweet when someone is a little jealous, like when guys approaches you and your man puts his arm around your waist, it shows they care but if they are extremely jealous then they are insecure.
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/7/2005 3:15:48 PM
I am for total communication on this one. Jealousy is a real negative in my head. If you have an open and honest relationship with someone, I don't see where jealousy comes into play. If there are insecurities, that's where jealousy reveals its ugly face.
 blue3535
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/20/2005 4:35:45 PM
I personally have no time for jealousy. It causes alot of problems in the relationship and if you cant trust the one you are with them why keep trying to make it work eveutanlly its going to end either both of you going your seprate ways or someone getting hurt or maybe worse.
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 5:00:46 PM
Jealousy usually leads to worse problems. Either you trust the person or you don't...if you don't then you shouldn't be with them in the first place.
 sexygirlcanada
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2005 9:13:22 AM
and i agree with what you said jealousy is the worset thing every you have to trust the one you are with if there is no trust then why should u be in a relationship
 sexygirlcanada
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2005 11:44:13 AM
i would say Jealousy would lead to problems remember to trust who you are with if you don't trust that person then why be with him or her in the first place
 Crossfade
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/26/2005 11:55:04 AM
I honestly think a little bit goes a real long ways. A little bit kind of lets the other know that they are a bit concerned with the thought of losing them... or what not. But again... thats more along the lines of sincere concern versus jealousy.

Jealousy, in its purest form, is ugly and exposes people for being the insecure one in a relationship. Example... I have a friend here that I have known since moving to this god aweful existence on earth... and she is like a sister to me. She is several years my junior, well beyond anyone I would ever consider dating... but is a very sweet girl. For whatever reason, she has been dating this guy that insists on treating her like shit. She keeps tying his strings to her kite. Well, every time the wind starts blowing the wrong way... she gets hurt and has to get away from him. The problem is she has no family here or many friends outside of their circle... save me. She too considers me to be a friend/older brother and nothing more. Anyways, she has spent many a night on my living room couch, only to have this guy call her and text her all night long. The texts are so easy to read... starting off by saying "Oh... so your with 'him' again huh?" Assuming she is at someones house with a seven man train all lined up for her and him to get into a fight. As the text's change from the "where are you" to the "If you want to mess this up... then its on your hands" , and eventually to "Im sorry, I love you". The whole time she goes through a gambit of emotions and questions everything she is doing, has done, and probably will do. All of which stem from this guys jealousy.

Its an ugly emotion that no one benefits from. Well, except me... she vacuums from time to time...
 TripleThreatLive
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/26/2005 11:59:19 AM
Jealous , Good or bad or just natural , It is not an emotion but an instinct , I studying this before . It is a natural response and very primal that tells the world that she is with you and you alone and to her it shows her that you care enough about her . People who don't really want to be with you see it as a controlling thing because they don't also feel it . I realize that phrase sounds wrong but according to basic phsychology it is correct .
Peace Mika
 GRACEFOOL
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:01:15 PM
aw, come on, we all know that lions are among the most jealous of creatures just funnin-back to check on ruckus
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:02:32 PM
jealousy.... some bad stuff....
it ruins lives and relationships.

Its a form of control I think.... wanting to covet
something or someone.... as your own property.
Feeling it may be natural but to feel it strongly where
someone acts upon it... is a sign something is wrong mentally.
People have murdered for it and destroyed lives.
Its not a good thing...
it is the absense of trust...
or faith.
 -Horrible/Brazen-
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:34:59 PM
You hit the proverbial nail on the head Rainbow.

It results from an insecurity. If you don't feel safe and secure in your relationship, you lack the trust and faith you SHOULD have for that other person. So when I feel jealous, I look inside myself to see WHY, not to that other person. When I figure that out, I deal with the underlying issue. Perhaps it's just me, or maybe it's something that that other person hasn't given me. But hey, they're not a mind reader, so I need to express that by talking and communicating to my partner, not beating some chick's ass because she's talking to my boyfriend. Tempting though that may be.
 Dub_Lubba
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:37:19 PM
i think i started a thread about jealousy a while back...i wonder what happened to it?? Anyways my 2 cents: i like a jealous man..makes me feel he is really into me...have always liked the protective/possessive type...too much of it tho can get scary tho...ive been there unforunately...
 -Horrible/Brazen-
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:39:22 PM
Yeah I just looooooooooove when a man feels like he needs to pee on me like a fire hydrant. It's just so sexy. ~rolls eyes~
 Dub_Lubba
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:43:44 PM
excuse me whats wrong w/ feeling wanted?
 sexygirlcanada
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:55:44 PM
i don't think there is nothing wrong with feeling wanted
 GRACEFOOL
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:56:42 PM
jealousy is a bad sign,a bad bad sign! everyone is gonna do what they're gonna do.if you are wasting your energy worrying about another's 'want' for you,you are doomed to regret it,as will the coveted
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:58:30 PM
I'm actually jealous of the people who are jealous. I'm devoid of that emotion. I think it contrived or a substitute for an inability to communicate. To say nothing of allowing some undefined uncontrollable portion of anger or lack of self worth to dictate the type of day you're about to have. So what leaves me jealous? That I could be divorced of so simplistic an approach to life. That someone could introduce that to any specific end. Be it the end or beginning of a relationship. Is not jealousy synonomous with envy.? Noone would ever condone a statement such as "Yeah. I dumped her. I was envious of her other relationships and her ability to make friends better than I". So why would we admit to jealousy?
And since we're on the topic. I find it in stark contrast to want your woman to dress up so as to distract or bring attention to herself then pursue that avenue. All guys like to have their girls look great, but they look great to everyone else too. Jealousy=burkas. So ask any shiite you happen to see, what's the best woman, one that follows me. (sung to the starkist tuna tune)
 toucantook
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/26/2005 1:10:32 PM
They don't call jealousy the green eyed monster for nothing. Sounds bad to me. I know I have little patience with it, and it is used as a control tool on those who the wrench fits....
 Joy.
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/26/2005 1:12:21 PM
Being of a jealous nature is nothing more than low self-esteem and the need to control another. So when you say you like a jealous guy, it merely means you want someone who is not confidant enough with himself to trust you and you want to be controlled. To each his own, I guess....
 livewirehere
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/26/2005 1:52:26 PM
I have to admit, I was a "little" jealous when I was "much" younger. I learned that you really only hurt yourself ((the most, anyway))---but, you also hurt the person you're "involved" with. You have to learn to trust, just as a basis for any kind of relationship. My 2nd husband told me over and over that if he wanted to be with someone else, he would be---but he chose me~~~((and to stop acting stupid))~~ Which I did within the first couple of months we were together. And, he never, ever gave me a reason not to trust him.

If someone tries to pick up on your BF or GF, you should take it as a compliment... as long as you don't catch them handing over a phone number. LOL~~ My ex always told me it made him feel good if guys checked me out or tried to pick up on me ((obviously, I never gave him any reason to be jealous either))>...

It's how you "conduct" yourself... but it all starts with trust

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Jealousy! A good emotion or bad?