Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backwoods7090
Msg: 2751
do men actually exist that date women with kids??Page 111 of 122    (82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122)
i agree with a couple of the other guys i do not mind if a women has a chid its life but when a man has a child it is harder to get a womem. i think do to women asume a man in the mall with a kid are taken. for me i got two and they are my life.
 IsabelArcher
Msg: 2752
do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 3/9/2010 7:32:16 PM
I agree with you, Coffee woman. As tempting as it is to find someone to help pay the bills and raise your kids, I think it's the stepparent thing that can really screw them up. One conversation I had with a single father really confirmed this: He told me point blank he was looking for a younger woman without kids, because a) she could produce another child for him that was HIS and b) he didn't want stepchildren, because he felt like a male gorilla coming into a new pack. Male gorillas, he said, kill the baby gorillas that aren't theirs, so their authority isn't challenged. OK! At least he was honest.
 dameonmod
Msg: 2753
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2010 7:12:33 AM
I have only ever really dated single mothers, more or less it seems that their families hate me and that is what I am gotten rid of as a result of... I wouldn't say I would date someone old enough to have teenage children, after all the kids would be almost my age... it would be a lil awkward.
 dameonmod
Msg: 2754
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2010 7:16:13 AM
Backwoods is definitively right. if a man has children it seems women are less interested, my son has never been my means of dating and is always the last introduction in a relationship. I have found if I lie and say I have no child I get more responses from women, than if I say I do. But if you are a father with a child and you have real visitation the reason is obvious, you have been fighting a woman tooth an nail most probably and that too is a turn off...
 janetplanet1
Msg: 2755
Posted: 3/10/2010 5:53:36 PM
I want to know where the men are who dont mind kids. I am not asking men over to meet my kids, nor am I taking them along on dates. I agree with Shedevil I am just looking for myself. My children are happy and well provided for, I am not looking for any type of replacement dad for them.
 backwoods7090
Msg: 2756
Posted: 3/10/2010 6:26:21 PM
there comes a point when you want to date you would like the person to accept your kids to play with them and not be like a bump on a log my kids do not need a step parent i am fully active in there lifes so is there mom but i feel if a boyfriend or girlfriend can not ineract with your children than it is a waste of time . because where is it going to lead. i had a step dad and he was great he.i got the privlage of havin a person that cared enough to be part of my life and accepted me and my mom. so that is what we all should wish to be so lucky.
 Vanfan65
Msg: 2757
Posted: 3/11/2010 6:49:24 PM
I actually prefer women with kids.Im a single dad myself of a 14 year old daughter.I get the same thing from women without children.I think its all in the person if you are that shallow and cant except someone with children expecially in your 40's their not worth the time.
 huni26
Msg: 2758
Posted: 3/12/2010 12:50:25 PM
uh i think they do, even tho it is hard to find. :(
 Strings6
Msg: 2759
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:06:17 PM
Now i know why this thread has lasted so long...because just about the time it's ready to die somebody comes along who just can't resist judging people who prefer not to date people with children...with the same rediculous accusation of "shallow"...educate yourself and perhaps you will see that people,aside from having the right to choose in this matter,also have some very good reasons and experiences that cause them to choose not to date people with kids.
 the3dguy
Msg: 2760
Posted: 3/13/2010 12:06:17 PM
Even though this is a five-year-old thread, I can’t resist dropping in my two-cents worth…

Yes, men that date women with kids do exist but I believe that each of us is a product of our own experiences and therefore the reason and degree of our motivations will vary accordingly.

For myself, I never would have considered such a question 20 years ago but time and life changes things.

I grew up in the delay-a-family-‘till-later group of the ‘80s. My wife and I wanted to start a business, buy a home, and get a financial foundation in place before starting a family.

Then the unpredictability of life happed and I lost her to a disease.

By the time the ordeal was over, ten years had passed and I was alone with no family.

Now, most women in my age group are finished with that phase of their lives. Many are happy to be sending the kids off to college and look forward to new freedoms.

I still hope to have a family one day and I would date a woman with kids, but I am also aware that I must not let my judgment become clouded with desires for a family. It’s imperative to build a relationship on a solid foundation first. When it comes to matters of the heart, that sort of objectivity can be very difficult.
 Sony21
Msg: 2761
Posted: 3/13/2010 10:45:12 PM
I prefer to date men that are parents, I think is better because we can understand much better about the free time we can have for each other, is not easy to find someone, but is not because guys don't like to date girls with kids, I guess is more likely because we as parents can't give full time attention to someone we are dating, so is hard for some people to understand this, specially for guys, that for some (I am not saying all of them) like to have full attention from the girl they are dating.
With me is different, I am a mom, and I will never take a guy to my house to meet my kids, unless I already have enough time in a relationship and think that will become serious, so it hasn't happen but that is the way I think, my kids are first, and the guy that will love me I guess will have to accept this fact, but I am not in the hurry for this, so there is time for everything.
 LIGgal
Msg: 2762
Posted: 3/14/2010 5:47:57 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with you, CoffeeCanuck! I rarely date, and when I do, I don't introduce my kids to the men I date. It's my rule and it's served me well. For starters, it keeps my kids safe. In addition, who wants to come into a new relationship where you're just getting to know someone and have to adjust to parenting their children, or trying to become "friends" with them when you're not even "friends" with their parent? That's just silly. Why put pressure on yourself, the new relationship or your children like that?
 purlife
Msg: 2763
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2010 6:02:52 PM
I'm on the same page as this guy,I have a 8 year old and a 9 year .I've had the same problems with woman on this site.
 allys2
Msg: 2764
Posted: 3/14/2010 8:53:35 PM
I want to know why all the good looking ones are always too far to date. I would like to know where the good ones are also as I can't seem to find them LOL
 FraserKid
Msg: 2765
Posted: 3/15/2010 2:16:21 PM
I can't speak for all med, just myself. I am a father of 4 kids. 3 of them being teenagers themselves. I also work with kids for a living. So I am not afraid to date women with kids. But whatever happens, happens. lol
 mynsawyne
Msg: 2766
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2010 4:04:08 PM
i guess if we choose to go out with a real silver back gorilla thats what you might expect. Thought humans had evolved a little bit more than that.
 EGJV
Msg: 2767
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2010 5:14:51 PM
I dated 2 womenwith kids - 1 obsessed with her ex (divorced more than 10 years), impossible to please. The other just used me as a rebound and support through her divorce. But she got hers - now she's being used for sex by guys she dates. Did she REALLY think all those guys were looking for a real relationship with a single mother? Sad, but she broke my heart, so what comes around...

No more dating women with kids for me, except for the rare exception of a widow.
 cesca4u
Msg: 2768
Posted: 3/16/2010 9:36:51 AM
I don't have teenagers, but I am a single mom to 3 wonderful kids. Yes there are guys out there that are willing to date single moms. I read another post about as soon as they say they have kids after talking to a guy the vibe changes. I am one that is up front and honest. I make sure that it's well known that I have kids and that my kids come before anyone even me! I tell them straight up front so then neither he nor I waste our time.

There are some very sweet sincere guys out that are more than willing to be with a woman regardless of her having kids or not. Just thought that I put my two cents in.
 m_church
Msg: 2769
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 10:49:20 AM

There are some very sweet sincere guys out that are more than willing to be with a woman regardless of her having kids or not

Sure, I don't doubt it for a moment.... however, most of them are only in it for the sex... They don't see the kids as an issue at all... and many women actually make it easier by the "he's not meeting my kids until it's serious view".... Gee, that takes all the inconvenience of kids away.... makes it easier for the guy to date with no worries... no hassles... If all he's after is the sex, what could be better....?

Most of these "very sweet sincere guys" will end up citing some other reason for ending the relationship... not that you have kids of course... as that would be considered tacky...
So it will always be the "It's just not working out..." or "I'm not ready to settle down with a family..." or they will drift away, or something else politically correct...

And to be fair, a lot of the guys who start dating a single mom, have never done it before and think they can cope... then find out they can't.... (and often will not date another single mom afterwards...)
 libragirl1069
Msg: 2770
Posted: 3/16/2010 11:59:21 AM
I think you just have to find the right woman. I have three small children and have not had a problem finding someone who is okay with me having kids. Maybe it's because the first paragraph of my profile states how important my kids are to me.

I think if a woman won't go out with a man who has children, she is being very selfish. The children were there first and they come first. It takes a strong woman to realize that.
 servantleader
Msg: 2771
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 1:07:39 PM
of course. now we are paying attention to your relationship. as for me, i won't 2nd date someone with disobedient kids. kids are kids, but they must respect their parents.
 wayne.2010
Msg: 2772
Posted: 3/16/2010 1:44:12 PM
well to answer your question yes we do , but can i ask you because im a single dad with a son living full time with me i get knocked back so many times? its not just single moms who have this issue its single dads too
 jah222
Msg: 2773
Posted: 3/16/2010 3:04:55 PM
well if there is i have never met one, i have been out with a couple of lads but i find i get treated with a total lack of respect, so i have given up looking! at the end of the day if a man isnt willing to respect me or my child then i would rather be single!
 proudpapa2
Msg: 2774
Posted: 3/17/2010 8:25:24 AM
I am a 31 year old father of two kids. The thought of dating a woman with kids isn't an issue with me because I have kids myself. That depends on the Guy. I have dated women with kids before I had my kids, and it wasn't an issue.
 manlyjb1972
Msg: 2775
Posted: 3/17/2010 11:35:15 AM
Actually some of us would prefer to date a woman with kids. Especially those of us who are parents ourselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??