Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adnnxsei
Msg: 1151
do men actually exist that date women with kids??Page 47 of 122    (33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73)
I'd date a woman with kids. It doesn't bother me. I have one of my own. And it wouldn't be a problem for me if she couldn't have more.
 waxmanranch
Msg: 1152
do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 11/2/2006 6:27:56 PM
I have several kids from 31 down to 6, even a grandchild. I have found that to be a plus with real men. Real men are not afraid of (1) sharing time; (2) knowing that if you are a good mom to your kids, you will be a good partner to them; (3) real men know that nothing grows your character more than children--whether or not they are your own; and (4) real men get a sense of pride, responsibility and altruism from helping women with children. Notice I said--real men. It's up to the woman to separate the men from the boys, and the boys from the pervs! You do your job well, and you'll attract the best of the best.
 sleeplessintoronto
Msg: 1153
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:15:38 PM
I just found this thread and let me say that as a single dad that has shared custody of his son, I would have no problems dating a woman with kids. I would think that women with kids would be more receptive to men that have kids. I'm finding as a general rule of thumb in here that me being a dad is chasing a lot of women off...what ever happened to women who want sweet, caring, responsible men?
 lover_not_a_fighter
Msg: 1154
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:32:42 PM
they're right here in BC!!!!!!!
 Knightwriter34
Msg: 1155
Posted: 11/2/2006 8:08:45 PM
My last long term relationship I was in 2 years ago, she was 17 years older and 4 kids, with a couple grand kids. It lasted 6 months with her before it fell apart. Just because it fell apart and she had kids, doesn't mean I wouldn't date another woman with kids or grand kids.
 pnkigirl
Msg: 1156
Posted: 11/2/2006 8:13:31 PM
Ok mine is that I have a young son and guys automatically think I'm gonna sleep with them. Hay I have morals and don't do that! So I'm picky.......I want a real man!
 endlesshorizons
Msg: 1157
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:28:30 PM
We could actually flip this thread around and ask the question "do women exist that date men with kids?" I am also a single father with shared custody of my son, and I am having the same problem as you, my friend. Why do we, being a single dads, scare off so many women? I have no problem dating women with kids. In fact, that is what I prefer. Can any of you ladies offer any insight?
 SthrnButtrfly
Msg: 1158
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 12:51:04 AM
I feel for you endless....I am a single parent of a wonderful 13 yr old. I also have my own business and my own truck, but needless to say, I am finding that the men I have met and or dated lately are intimidated by my independence. The last one had the audacity to ask me to choose between spending more time w/him or with my child. (to which she already gave up moms and hers Friday nites out so I could go out with him). When your a single parent, its tuff...I think alot of men feel we (the single parent) are looking for a subsitute dad, money for the child support we dont get, a free baby sitter, whatever....I myself, just want to meet someone who enjoys the same as I do to which ironically my daughter enjoys alot fo the same things as well. In my household, we are a package family. Sigh~~ maybe someday...
 Knightwriter34
Msg: 1159
Posted: 11/3/2006 2:17:24 AM
So why not compromise, and meet halfway with someone?

(to which she already gave up moms and hers Friday nites out so I could go out with him).

Alternate fridays, one friday it's you and her, the next friday it's you and him, the following friday it could have been you, her AND him, or fridays you all went out together and did something that would be fun for you all.

It's cool reading the LAST one, meaning he's no longer, when he thought it was a wise choice to make you choose like that.

Good luck in the pond Sthrnbutterfly
 keeper64
Msg: 1160
Posted: 11/3/2006 7:46:32 AM
yes we do i am and have been a single father of three for the past 5 years the problem is you are looking for the wrong type. Take me for instisnsts i am 42 i would love to fine a women that love kids becuase i have three of them my own. I try to do everything possible for them to make them happy a lot of time i give up a lot so they can have and get to do the things they like to do.
I seeme to me that nice guy never get a chance to meet real serious women their always going out with the jerks that dont really care about them.
 Imme1969
Msg: 1161
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2006 2:50:25 PM
Yes there r men that will date single moms,I know this because Im a single father who has a 8 year old daughter that lives with him, I also recently got out of a relationship with a single mom & yes I will date a single mom again if the right oppertunity arrises.
 anjori
Msg: 1162
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2006 4:24:54 PM
getting back to the title , yes I do and I have fri. and sat. open
of corse this is for NY C woman LOLLOL, ( The Bronx )
 danilo24
Msg: 1163
Posted: 11/5/2006 6:54:24 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS there are man who like to date older woman with kids and i certainly have i am only 25 and love woman over age, not cux i am sick but i appreciate my life and love taking my chances to learn something new
 cupofjoe4u
Msg: 1164
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2006 4:36:45 PM
Yes we well i do im 38 was married for 15 years have three kids of my own that mean the world to me. to answer your question yes i do but have had single moms tell me that they weren't ready for the mommy thing . My response was im not looking for another mom for my kids i want someone to spend time with me. They have a mom that cant be replaced if you follow me. I really dont understand this whole dating thing that well everyone has issues or problems of there own. so i spend alot of time with my kids and work so now im trying online dating.So maybe i can get to know the person a little before we meet. Im a good man hard working love good conversations loyal and honest to a fault up beat what gives. maybe thats the difference between here and there. Or maybe just the woman that im unlucky enough to meet r 2 self absorbed. I dont want to date anyone without children because nine times out of ten they dont understand the demands that are placed on you. you cant run of every weekend. Oh well you get the point.
 k1tty23
Msg: 1165
Posted: 11/6/2006 6:19:24 PM
this work both ways around. my friend has a young baby of only3months n has a bf thats not the father who loves wakin up for her son at early hours of the mornin n still do dishes but on a greater note has a son of his own at 10months. only prob with that is his babies mother is a **** n uses the child against him anyway she can-some people just dont know how good they got it.
i would die for a father figure to my son n a lover to myself but as soon as they work there wat in to my bed its the same darn story- i dont think i can be a dad.
they dont deserve to be my babies dad at this early stage so why the hell do they get scared about a job thats not even theres.
for the men that cant take a woman with a child-its your loss really cos we're not the ones sat on the shelf waitin, they are cos our lives are movin too fast to stop for their qualms.
if my friend can find a good man with the balls to be there for a child not of his own then i will find one too-just annoyin siftin through the shit ones.
 Knightwriter34
Msg: 1166
Posted: 11/6/2006 6:32:07 PM
My dad dated a woman a while back that had 5 kids, and there are 4 of us, so that would have made 9 kids and one big happy family. Well, all of us kids were grown, and her kids the oldest was about 11 or 12. There was no real problem with the whole idea until she started dictating rules about who can and can't do things in his house. For example she made it a point that "I" couldn't do my laundry at his house, which was fine with me. I didn't care, because I had a washer at the time.

I'd date a woman that had old kids, or young kids, or in between kids. Opens the door of opportunity for "family" ideas. From what I've seen not too many "family" ideas happen any more. Board games, and family type fun for ALL are almost extinct.
 WolfGurl
Msg: 1167
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2006 11:44:29 PM
I don't know... I just got ditched by a guy who I really liked cause he was afraid that I would push him into fatherhood. I don't need a father for my youngling... he's doing fine so far.
 SpiderHam77
Msg: 1168
Posted: 11/6/2006 11:49:28 PM
Tieo:

If you don't want a person who will help in being a parent to your children... Why do you date? Isn't the purpose of dating to find a companion? And if you happen to have children with you full time, you'd better be ready for the idea this potential person will become involved with them...

If all your looking for is Sex, and good time, thats different..
 WolfGurl
Msg: 1169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2006 11:59:17 PM
To SpiderHam:

My kid is only a month old right now, so he is with me almost full time. My mother comes over once a week to look after him for a couple of hours while I go out and do whatever I want. And I'm just 21 years old... and I don't think I could keep up a serious relationship.

Sex is a different story: I love it and want it all the time... even this early after delivery. I'm a weird one.

But yeah, I have time to look for a fatherly figure later on in his life. Plus I'm having fun being a single parent. I'd love to have a partner but I don't want a serious one right at this point. This relationship with this guy was extremely casual. I should have saw it coming...
 mondeobaby
Msg: 1170
Posted: 11/7/2006 2:59:34 AM
yes they do exist im one of them i feel that why should woman with children not have a love life, at the end of the day i have a two year old with an ex and she now has a bfreind and i think hes great.ur still a person and u still want a life so im just saying they are out there just keep looking and one will come along.
 SpiderHam77
Msg: 1171
Posted: 11/7/2006 7:37:08 AM
Tieo:

Sex is a different story: I love it and want it all the time... even this early after delivery. I'm a weird one.

But yeah, I have time to look for a fatherly figure later on in his life. Plus I'm having fun being a single parent. I'd love to have a partner but I don't want a serious one right at this point. This relationship with this guy was extremely casual. I should have saw it coming...

A;right I can understand you enjoy it... There is nothing wrong with that... However my only piece of advice... Don't Get Knocked Up... Go get sterilized if you have to, or you may be going through the same situation again.

And before I start getting the this isn't a woman only posts in response... I hold men just as accountable for their actions... If your not prepare, no matter how much protection is going on down there..
 Larry Golan
Msg: 1172
Posted: 11/9/2006 4:31:41 PM
Yes they do, but the good ones are hard to find. Think about it, if he's an every-second-weekend-circus-dad, he's probably self-absorbed anyway. Why would you want him? He'll only be competing with your kids for your time. There are guys out their that took the responsible road and made a second home for their kids. Only these guys really get what it takes to raise children in a single parent household. They get off on the craziness of the schedules, rushing kids around for sports, school, etc. They may be few and far between but screen them. If they've got kids, ask them what their schedule is, ask them what they do with their kids on their time and how invloved they are in their school, programs, etc. Wait and find the right one one. It'll pay off.
 mcallister59
Msg: 1173
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 5:32:06 PM
Sure, I am divorced, and I would prefer a women with kids, because I have kids of my own, so the ball bounces both ways, YA THINK???
 Knightwriter34
Msg: 1174
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:03:20 PM
Are there women on here willing to give the men that exist that date women with kids a chance?

If there are women on here that are willing to give that chance, then they will find men on here that will date a woman with kids!
 anjori
Msg: 1175
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2006 6:03:10 AM
yea ILL be at the radisson hotel in new rochelle NY
club called THE CITY, after 10: PM
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??