Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Breastfeeding in public...approve or disapprove?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alexandria_gal
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Breastfeeding in public...approve or disapprove?Page 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
No, you seem to be missing the point that there are places your baby just plain old doesn't belong, and especially doesn't belong being breastfed.

I know what a breast is. It would be pretty hard for me not to. Mine are pretty damned large.

Nuf said.

Anti*Hero
Msg: 502
Breastfeeding in public...approve or disapprove?
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:14:31 PM
A baby has to eat, I realize that... But ya know what? Buy a damn breast pump, go to a bathroom, whatever. I do not like kids, I do not want to be around kids, and I do not want to seem them being breastfed. As far as im concerned its a disgusting display... Every public place has a bathroom, do it there behind closed doors.

Im sure you would feel the same about me taking off my girls shirt and sucking on her nipples in public (although your men would love it, she has perfect breasts). Baby or not, theres some things you dont do in public.. I dont understand why women think that because they have kids they have some sor of entitlement. the whole my baby needs to eat and i'll feed her wherever I want thing is bullshit... Find somewhere the rest of the world doesnt have to see you. Or even better, just stay home with your whiny, crying baby...
 RollerGrrrl
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:39:39 PM
hmmm....someone has some issues.....
 Anti*Hero
Msg: 504
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:47:31 PM
Nawww... No issues... Just sick of people think the world should cater to them cuz they have kids... Its sickening... Kids arent cute, they arent 'amazing', and they dont complete me... Im completely happy with me, and im completely happy with my gf, who is the most wonderful woman i've ever met. I dont need or want children.

You can have ten for all I care, its none of my business. Just dont annoy me with them.
 RollerGrrrl
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:54:13 PM
this is off-topic, but i don't think the world should cater to me b/c i have kids, nor do i think that everyone should *love* kids. god, i HAVE kids & i don't like most kids. and i'm certainly glad that you know yourself enough to know you don't want any...nothing worse than people who don't want kids ending up parents.

however, i won't let people tell me where i can and cannot take my kids. and though i haven't had to breastfeed for about nine years, you can bet i did it where ever i had to.
 Anti*Hero
Msg: 506
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:10:29 PM
So what was wrong with just going to a bathroom in a private stall for the few minutes it takes??
 RollerGrrrl
Msg: 507
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:15:10 PM
um, would YOU eat in a bathroom stall?

talk about disgusting....
 Anti*Hero
Msg: 508
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:18:37 PM
ummm... would I take a plate of food to the bathroom, no.. But this isnt nearly the same... And your baby doesnt know the difference, but everyone else does..
 Anti*Hero
Msg: 509
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:20:43 PM
And I keep reading about women in this thread breastfeeding till their children are 2-3 years old??? WTF??? Thats beyond wrong. If the child is old enough to walk, its old enough to eat like a normal human being too. Out of a kiddy cup or something.

I have no problem with breastfeeding, but breastfeeding a child that can talk, I admit I find that really creepy.
 maryrachelle
Msg: 510
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:37:29 PM
i agree with you anti hero . women pop out a boob in public then get mad at a guy for staring. well as i said before if breast had nothing to do with sexuality then they would only become engorged while a woman lactates .
 Sweeeetheart
Msg: 511
Posted: 2/21/2007 12:40:04 AM
I have no kids, but If I did, or do someday .. I would breastfeed in public if need be. Its simple, you don't like it.. Don't look ! Its skin and a nipple for God sakes , we've all seen them .. get over it !!
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2007 10:23:56 AM
Most women, not all but most breastfeed discretely. They do not just pop out a boob for all to see. Most times people don't even realize a woman is breastfeeding her child. There is nothing wrong with feeding your child when your child is hungry. Everyone has to eat. I don't find it appealing to see people eating and spitting food allover the place but it happens. That is a more disgusting sight that watching a child nurse.
 whitestarmama
Msg: 513
Posted: 3/17/2007 11:12:41 AM

And I keep reading about women in this thread breastfeeding till their children are 2-3 years old??? WTF??? Thats beyond wrong. If the child is old enough to walk, its old enough to eat like a normal human being too.

yes indeed i do feed my 2 year old!!!

anthropological data confirms that the natural weaning age of humans is between 2 and 7 years of age, and WORLDWIDE AVERAGE is 3.5.

so, breastfeeding a 2 year old IS eating like a normal human being and forcing them to stop breastfeeding before their ready is NOT normal.

oh, and not all of us are able to pump. direct feeding is more sanitary as well. you go ahead and eat your meals in there. it doesn't matter whether the kid knows about the germs in there, *i* know enough about the germs in there to know it's not an appropriate place for my family to be eating.

breastfeeding is not disgusting. you don't like kids, that's fine. chances are they don't like you either. you don't like it, you can turn your head. OR you can go eat your dinner in the bathroom. we're not going to. allowing my child to eat in every place that anyone else can eat is not a sense of special entitlement. if a bottle-fed child or cup-fed child or school-age, teen, or adult person can eat somewhere, so can my breast fed child.

and despite having bfed her just about everywhere in town here (and it's a small town with not a lot of open minds) i've NEVER had anyone give me dirty looks or complaints about it, with the exception of one who was making off-colour jokes about it. everyone else either doesn't look, or looks and smiles.
 krymzynstarr
Msg: 514
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:16:37 PM
The funny thing is, it's pretty much only North American culture that tells us that it's not alright to breastfeed in public, or at all. I have two boys, the older, I breastfed until he was 15 months, and the younger, 6 months (due to medical issues, he had to stop). I never saw the issue with breastfeeding in public, I was polite, I covered up, but at the same time, I saw no issues with other women who didn't. A lot of times, in foreign cultures, the child is put in a sling and carried around all day, when he/she is hungry they just latch on whenever they like, as the mother goes about her work/daily routine. Breastfeeding, from what I've read so far, is obviously not for everyone, so, with this said, I could care less if someone bottle feeds their child, just don't judge me for breastfeeding mine.
 nacbikeguy
Msg: 515
Posted: 3/18/2007 7:29:21 AM
I love breast feeding.

Ok I'll leave....
 DIDDOIT
Msg: 516
Posted: 3/24/2007 8:41:14 PM
I can't believe this conversation still takes place. The most natural food for a child is breast milk. Most mothers are very discreet about breast feeding and are not holding their breast out for the world to see. If it offends you don't look.....oh and maybe grow up. As for asking someone to go the the washroom to feed their child........can you be ^&%^* serious.
 Lurtle
Msg: 517
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:48:10 PM
Okay, I have only ever seen one woman blatantly pull out her boob to breast feed. She was a friend of mine and thought it was funny because it embarassed one of my male friends who was there at the time.
It wasn't. It was tacky and classless.
Most women I've ever seen breast feed do it very discreetly.
I used to be a manager in a restaurant and I had a woman come over to me one day and order me to go tell the woman sitting across from her to stop breastfeeding in public.
First of all, there was no way in hell I was going to tell a woman she couldn't feed her child.
Second of all, when I walked by the table to see what the problem was, you couldn't even tell she was breastfeeding! All it looked like was that she had a really big shirt on. Underneath it, there was a baby, which couldn't be seen.
This woman (the one who complained) had a problem that there was "implied" breastfeeding.
I told her that I would never tell a woman to stop breastfeeding unless her breast was right out for all to see...and even then I'd ask her to just cover up a bit better.
It's so stupid that people have such an issue with this. A baby's got to eat. If you see it and think it's horrible, get up and move.
As for going to the bathroom to feed your child...I wouldn't eat in the bathroom, why should I expect a baby to?
 DreamDancer44
Msg: 518
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:08:16 PM

i think it's wrong to breastfeed in public. i think breastfeeding is very unnessecary. i breastfed one of my daughters, the other i didn't, and i see absolutely no difference in them and never have. breastfeeding is for the old days when that's all they had. JMO

I couldn't agree more. I haven't seen a difference at all within family and friends. I know some people who were bottle fed that are healthier then people who were breast fed. For a few reasons I wonder if the propaganda is a way to hold women down and try to get them to stay home instead of go out and work. Or to also et them to do most of the child caring. It should be 50/50. If you think about it, if a woman doesn't eat right she can't give herself and the child what they both need in regards to nutrients. Formula already has everything the child needs. I can go on about it but I tend to forget what threads I post in, lol. So I don't want to et people who disagree going just to not get any replies back from me. So I'll stop there.
 DreamDancer44
Msg: 519
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:12:39 PM

A baby has to eat, I realize that... But ya know what? Buy a damn breast pump, go to a bathroom, whatever.

I agree, there is no reason to bring it out into the public. I have a few friends who breast fed and neither of them did it in public and the reason was because they disagree with breastfeeding in public. Both pumped when they were bringing their kids out. It is not hard to not breast feed in public. Some parents would rather their older children not see someone breastfeeding, they rather discuss those things with their older children when they feel they're ready to hear about it. There are many reasons why it shouldn't be done and there are no reasons why it HAS to be done in public.
 DreamDancer44
Msg: 520
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:17:31 PM

And I keep reading about women in this thread breastfeeding till their children are 2-3 years old??? WTF??? Thats beyond wrong. If the child is old enough to walk, its old enough to eat like a normal human being too. Out of a kiddy cup or something.

I agree with this too. At two years old a child is eating solid foods and is using Kid cups.
 clown0
Msg: 521
Posted: 10/11/2008 12:25:34 PM
What is screwed up a guy can go outside without a shirt on, why can't a woman. Most of those that are complaining about breast feeding in public are just jealous, or either are those far right christianity people. I believe it should be allowed, if it is illegal to breast feed, I think it should be illegal for people to eat food at a picnic.
 piscescoda
Msg: 522
Posted: 10/11/2008 7:52:22 PM
Support whole-heartedly.
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2008 8:49:15 PM
Breasts seem to be originally intended to feed and nourish the youngest of the herd. As such breasts are not "sexual" in their original sense but utilitarian. Somehow we have sexualized breasts. And it is more so in the U.S. than in other countries including other industrialized countries.

Evidence indicates breastfeeding is so right and best for the new human. What can be more natural than the mother nourishing the young? Considering that I believe any woman should be able and allowed to feed their baby anytime and anywhere. Why make it such a big deal?

To those who have a problem with breastfeeding in public or anywhere, anytime I just want to say... grow up!!!
 shurite48
Msg: 524
Posted: 10/11/2008 10:13:41 PM

Why? Does it taste worse in public or something?
 shurite48
Msg: 525
Posted: 10/11/2008 10:24:47 PM
Well I don't care how bad it tastes in public. The kid will just have to get used to it.

Anything that gets a female booby out in the open is ok by me.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Breastfeeding in public...approve or disapprove?