Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Herpes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *~*Pink*Smartie*Lypz*~*
Msg: 101
Herpes?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I get what you are saying Simple single and Edjoe...but things have happened to these people...who says they didn't love the person...and they contracted a disease...

Can you fall in love right away....come on be real!

is all I'm saying....fact of the matter is people want to be together ...and something horrible can come between them...something one partner may not be even aware of. So suddenly Edjoe is in love and making love and 3 yrs down the road guess what! he and his new love have a gift...maybe neither of them knows where it came from...does that make the love any less suddenly...I think I'm PMSing sorry....
 sweetnfeisty1
Msg: 102
Herpes?
Posted: 10/15/2007 9:05:46 AM
Hi Ed,
I think its great that you differentiate between lovemaking and casual sex etc, but I do want to clarify that YES you can get an STD without ever having sex. Oral sex causes a large % of STD's today and is becoming an increasing problem in the teenage population, many of whom are still virgins.

Also, you would be interested to know about some polls that have been taken amongst some Herpes support groups. (By the way - I work closely with STD experts, groups and therapists so do know what I am talking about). The polls asked what age and after how many partners people got Herpes. MANY got Herpes after just a couple of partners. For me it was my 2nd boyfriend. We were together 4 years. He, like so many, did not know he even had it (he thought it was just a little ingrown hair). Not recognising symptoms is the case for 90% of people with Herpes, and also many other curable, yet more harmful STD's. And HPV for instance cannot even be checked for in men, so you may even have it yourself. And no - a condom does not FULLY protect, and yes, it can be passed on Orally like many STD's.

And yes, cold sores really can and do cause genital herpes. You would be amazed at the number of monogomous partners where one has a cold sore, and is passing this on because the have no idea that they can pass on Herpes. Or the numbers of monogomous couples where one has a virus lying dormant for years and years - maybe even from before their marriage etc, maybe from their first ever partner.

Herpes and HEP B are not included in regular testing and many people are unaware of this.

Docs in Canada do not test for Herpes because they maintain that its pointless:-( They say that if everyone got accurately tested (IgG or Western Blot), almost every single adult would have either HSV1 or HSV2 - and both can occur orally or genitally. Apparently by age 50 at least 80% of the population will have one or the other.

Ed, have you been blood tested for STD's including Herpes and Hep B?? You might be surprised at the results. And I will restate that men cannot be tsted for HPV - and it affects 70-80% of the north american population.

So I would probably be a little less judgemental. Its not even about making mistakes sexually. STD's are unfortunately a reality of a modern day world. That doesn't mean one shouldn't practice harm reduction - on the contrary! However, until everyone has been accurately tested, many people are walking around even in monogomous relationships with one or both having an STD or a cold sore:-(

SNF
"Whats your status - Are you positive you're negative? Get Tested!"
www.club462.com
www.racoon.com/herpes
www.ashastd.org
 peek~a~booo
Msg: 103
Herpes?
Posted: 10/15/2007 9:21:29 AM
well having said all that i have to say...i understand being chucked aside cuz of a disorder...mine isnot as common as herpies and i did not seek mine either...so from this light i can feel the edge from both issues...smartie you can relate your hearing to this issue...so i do understand the issue and to me when i get to know someone is cuz i choose them...and in discovery often we find stuff we don't like but i do not blame
my disease for it... so we need to remember often we ourself allow stigma to shun ourself...and in that light we project an image into self that make us feel unworthy...do not settle for that perception...

you are good enough and do not let folks who think that is an issue project there fears into you...hold your unique ground and wait for someone who deserves your spirit and is prepared to be mature and realize humans come with some things that they did not choose... is ok to have an issue but do not let thatr issue rule your spirit kids...
 peek~a~booo
Msg: 104
Herpes?
Posted: 10/15/2007 10:16:07 AM
an after thought....A personal boundry when folks do not relate ::::do not waste your energy on them...

Hold that power and do not allow human's who can not relate to enter your core of power. 30 years of experience in tossing non relating folks to the curb...chuckles...works for me

choose human's who feed your soul not azzhole's to steal your power!!!

you can find the power in YOU!!!
 WeR1
Msg: 105
Herpes?
Posted: 10/15/2007 2:47:41 PM
^^^MY HERO^^^

peek~a~booo
Msg: 106
Herpes?
Posted: 10/16/2007 9:31:44 AM
hugs wer....ya know kids it is from this light we find our value as a human...once you realize your value as a human and that responsibility lands straight on your own shoulders...but but nothing...the person who needs to feel your value first is YOU...

when your shit kicked enough you find the ground to biuld a solid base and goodluck at allowing some other human to challenge that spirit with all those growth choices...there is solice in having this growth experience...there is good and evil and the choice is yours if you want to choose to join in evil. You know in your heart the answer,,,,your unique special and contain more understanding tools cuz you deeper into understanding yourself.
It is a choice to value self and not give anyone the leverage to break down the core...
It has been years of rejection and allowing that energy to teach me...
It has brought me to the conclusion that.." i thank my disease for showing me who deserves my time and who dosen't"

...perception is a magic in finding value...do not pretend life is easy...it isn't..... but sharing your pain allows other humans a CHANCE to give you tools to defy the associated depression...depression is a series of bad habits...there are tools to pull you out of there...do not ever give up kids...you have 1 live to live...LIVE it to the edge of your choice and find your value...cuz it is there...i promise you...begind that pain is a mountain of understanding...infront of that pain is lessons for you to learn...do not
ever pretend there is not value in learning those things...cuz it makes your character strong but yet sensitive...it makes you belive that there is more to life than what others give cuz then you relize one day.........your the lucky one... the disease
for me has taught me who is not worth my time and it saved my heels alot of primary work....chuckles...so life is waiting...you gonna sit on your azz and swallow others opinions...falk that...your voice constitutes your holding your power...the ticket to find self is behind that pain...go get it kids...keep kickin the wall till the bit**ch comes down...
this is a false notion in your head. smiles and hugs

the stigma is only there if you allow it. and others can only hurt you cuz you allow them to get to trust without proving there value...small error... move the trust boundry further from core and make others proove they deserve your time....
you have a lot to give some human and some day they will know it...when you get the curb give them pity not YOUR anger...they are just small and do not have that lesson to solve your value...wrong human...next. and take your spirit with you do not give your energy to humans who do not deserve your spirit...hugs
you can not expect others to accept in a heartbeat what you have taken years to understand yourself....give normal a chance cope with everything you have taken a long time to accept...you can't expect them to not be scared...you where from the beginning...so offer that understanding knowing the ground you yourself have already
conquered...use your growth to relate to others who you expect to gravitate to you...goodluck...and you can find the power in you...one day at a time
for every pot there is a lid.... .......sorry if i hyjacked the thread but i figure some folks need to know...life is a choice indeed...
 Li2O2
Msg: 107
Herpes?
Posted: 10/27/2007 4:26:27 AM
I think that everyone who buys a trendset disease for the hard sell of the health and drug industry, well, they're just idiots. Worse, they move further to publickly take on the "mea-culpa" speeches and they don't even f#ck know what exactly Herpes is.

They could do better at the BDSM as sufferer... and then take the moralists, trendsetters and sh*tters as their best voyeurs.

Ignorance is bliss! Enjoy!

Here a sweet song to ring a bell for those with a troubled soul after a hard Herpes posting...

Express yourself, dont repress yourself (repeat 4 times)

And Im not sorry [Im not sorry]
Its human nature [its human nature]
And Im not sorry [Im not sorry]
Im not your b*tch dont hang your sh*t on me [its human nature]

You wouldnt let me say the words I longed to say
You didnt want to see life through my eyes
[express yourself, dont repress yourself]
You tried to shove me back inside your narrow room
And silence me with bitterness and lies

Did I say something wrong?
Oops, I didnt know I couldnt talk about sex
[i musta been crazy]
Did I stay too long?
Oops, I didnt know I couldnt speak my mind
[what was I thinking]

You punished me for telling you my fantasies
Im breakin all the rules I didnt make
You took my words and made a trap for silly fools
You held me down and tried to make me break

Did I say something true?
Oops, I didnt know I couldnt talk about sex
[i musta been crazy]
Did I have a point of view?
Oops, I didnt know I couldnt talk about you
[what was I thinking]

Express yourself, dont repress yourself (repeat twice)
Express yourself, dont repress yourself (repeat twice)

[Im not apologizing]
[would it sound better if I were a man? ]
[you're the one with the problem]
[why dont you just deal with it]

[would you like me better if I was? ]
[we all feel the same way]
[i have no regrets]
[just look in the mirror] (If you can?)

[i dont have to justify anything]
[Im just like you]
[why should I be? ]
[deal with it]
 linen-saphire!
Msg: 108
Herpes?
Posted: 10/28/2007 1:52:36 PM
People can sing songs and **** bout this and lie about shit,,,,,,,,,,,, but here's my cents worth!

people with Herpe's are well aware of the spread of them and I would hope the hell that they would be honest .
which im sure most are,,, some are just ignorant ,,, and the moral of this story ,, dont be sleepn around , and if you choose to as we all have us protection!
also!
dont be azz hole if someone is honest with you,cus then you become the one with the disease! ha!

oh yah and life goes on...................

ls
 MissBethy
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 12/6/2008 4:11:39 PM
I have it too. It is very hard to tell the truth to people, so I do admire this guy! he is really brave and worthy!
 living equine
Msg: 110
Herpes?
Posted: 8/31/2009 3:10:34 PM
everyone who got on the topic of welfare.... please remember there are many types of it. depending on the reason makes it good or bad.... I know people who use the system and they live off it just because they can and it pisses me off. but i also know people who have lost there jobs, used up any credit they had. constantly looking for work unable to get hired. and there next option would have been the street side walk to live on. now if you can go on assistance till you can find a job doesnt that sound alot better then sleeping on the curb? Or my mom's situation.... my mom had me and was in an abusive situation.... she had to leave or one of use was gonna die!!! she got mothers assistance to take care of me and her till she got her feet on the ground again. so to the one who said she's been "down on luck" and never needed assistance, really hasnt been "down on luck" and if it wasnt for mothers assistance i never would have grown up with my real mom. Think about that!!
 Herpesguy51
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 9/8/2009 8:54:18 PM
<<
To me, divulging your condition is a personal thing. Some are more comfortable waiting a bit until they let someone get to know them a bit and see what a wonderful person they are. Will that change their mind as to stay or go, I don't know. Everyone is different as is every situation.

I just wonder how people will stay in relationships with alcoholics, cheaters, liars and thieves and will put up with mental, emotional and physical abuse yet keep coming back for more. You ever hear this one? “He says he really loves me, and he said he would change”, HA! But they would never consider a relationship with an honest, caring, respectful, loving person that could possibly be the best thing that ever happens to them, only because that person has a virus, that with care, communication and medication would have a very small chance of being transmitted.

I don’t begrudge anyone for their personal decision to choose not to date someone like me. That is just their personal choice.

“ We come to love, not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing the imperfect person, perfectly”
 Alli_oop
Msg: 112
Herpes?
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:36:32 PM
I don't understand why people treat herpes as a death sentence. Many or most of the people posting in this thread likely have gen. herpes. You can go you entire life not having a breakout and not knowing. If you believe your boyfriend/girlfriend gave it to you, they very well may not have known they had it either.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 10/4/2009 5:35:02 PM
Hey guys ! Check out Miss Bethy above....she's hot....would you risk it for a shot at her? Come on you know you would! LOL!!

I am sorry for this throw back to my neandrathal days.

The thought has occurred to me that this might be a good time to discuss and evaluate the effectiveness of stuff that is advertised on TV for controlling Herpes....

(Sorry if it already was brought up in this thread....I don't have the time to go back and check and besides I would think those who have the problem would not mind hearing again from those who have used drugs and stuff to help deal with it.)
 HSV kitty
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:44:05 AM
You tempt your Karma every time you have sex ... but denial is bliss isn't it?

The drugs help to suppress the virus (it resides in the nerve ganglia ) for a few people and supposedly lessens the healing time if you do have an outbreak. It is wise to take the drugs initially, especially if you are one who called those have it unclean, dusgusting, horrible and slutty people ... and all too soon find out Karma is a bi*ch.

That added mental stress can make for many more outbreaks, as stress is a trigger. The problem is that the immune system can be a very effective means of suppressing, and taking the pills means your immune response will not kick in. It also works in varying degrees with each individual.

Although many Adverts would have you believe Herpes can be "cured", it can at this time, only be repressed fairly successfully. There are herbal remedies which can help the immune system keep the virus suppressed as well.

I will let others who are knowledgeable about the effectiveness of the drugs speak more on that.
 Modest Mouse
Msg: 115
Herpes?
Posted: 10/6/2009 3:43:16 PM
Can some one help me determine if i have herpes? My insurance plan will not kick in by next month. That's the reason why I have bought insurance. I was uninsured before. Because if i go to a testing center and if they tell me i have herpes, then no insurance can cover it because it becomes a pre existing condition.

Running to a doctor is the first thing I am doing next month. However, in the mean time I want to give my self some sort of a calm. I am not sure, if it is a fungal infection, yeast infection or herpes itself.

Could some one please message me or discuss it with me here, if this thing could be herpes?

I am freaking out here.
 Munkeechi
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:54:35 PM
google herpes. There's tons of websites out there with information and pictures. we're not doctors nor are we medical professionals.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 117
Herpes?
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:32:09 AM

Hey guys ! Check out Miss Bethy above....she's hot....would you risk it for a shot at her?

No, i'm too narrow minded to risk my life for a piece of tail. If you're thinking of a longterm relationship, i wouldn't want someone that much younger than me. If someone i was in a relationship with contracted the disease or any disease then we would learn to deal with it. But to start into a relationship not with a person with herpes, no. Aids, cancer, ms or some of those kinds of things where there is a hope of recovery or an effective means or living with the disease maybe but herpes or mental retardation no i doubt i could do it.
 HSV kitty
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 10/8/2009 12:55:11 PM
Dudley, you are not only narrow- minded, you are also ignorant! Risk your life? Maybe you should read a bit and stay informed. You probably already have the same type of Herpes I have...being 80% of the population does. Have you paid to have the tests done to ensure you don't have it before you spout your claims of being so clean and disease free?

No Doctor in Winnipeg does it, so don't lie... It has to be done in the states and medicare won't pay because 90% of the population has HSV 1 or 2 . The diots who have been so judgemental and maligned anyone with Herpes for so long and are so afraid of Herpes, would DIE hearing they have it. Doctors are calling them coldsores because if they diagnosed Herpes, ignorant people would throw themselves off a bridge.

So unless you are celebate, you are in the age range of newly single non condom using free loving older adults who are fast making Herpes rampant due to extreme ignorance and denial.

Herpes doesn't kill for goodness sakes, but ignorance surely does. She wasn't being offered to you in the first place, and how dare you call her a piece of tail... Dudley, she just has Herpes, she isn't brain dead to want someone like YOU!
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 119
Herpes?
Posted: 10/8/2009 2:18:24 PM

Dudley, you are not only narrow- minded, you are also ignorant!

No arguement here.

You probably already have the same type of Herpes I have...being 80% of the population does. Have you paid to have the tests done to ensure you don't have it before you spout your claims of being so clean and disease free?

If i do i've never seen any sign of it. I don't recall making any claims of cleanliness etc.
No i haven't paid for any such test as i have had no symptoms so why throw money away.

So unless you are celebate, you are in the age range of newly single non condom using free loving older adults who are fast making Herpes rampant due to extreme ignorance and denial.

I was wed in '83 after dating a couple of years and being engaged for a full year. Was with that same woman until she moved out in spring of '07. We stopped having sexual intimacy in october of '06 and i have been since and will remain celibate until i find the proper woman to spend the rest of my life with, or she finds me actually.

Herpes doesn't kill for goodness sakes, but ignorance surely does. She wasn't being offered to you in the first place, and how dare you call her a piece of tail

She wasn't being offered no i was responding to the post of another poster, hence the quote. I didn't call her a piece of tail. There is a thing we call an expression and people use them in refference to certain things. Piece of tail is one such expression and is used in refference to the sexual act not necessarilly the persons involved in that act. If used properly it could mean either however the context in which i used the phrase was in direct refference to the act not the person.
As i previously stated if i were in a relationship and my partner developed the disease then we would learn to live with it, i would not enter into a relationship with someone who has the disease. I wouldn't enter into a relationship with the person in question even if she didn't have herpes because she is 19 years my junior, we would have nothing that we shared in history.
Herpes does kill! It may not kill your body but it does change your life. I love, or used to, eating **** but i don't want to do that if all i'm doing is licking a piece of plastic or rubber. It kills the mood and the lifestyle, no more spontenaety. So to me it kills and no amount of precaution is foolproof. That may be narrow minded and ignorant but i'm here and live as i want so i guess it works for me.
 HSV kitty
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 10/8/2009 5:21:37 PM
Dudleyh45, your explanation containss little logic , far too much information and STILL refers to the young female (even though you insist your reply could not be associated with her, grrr) and pertains not to the foolish things you said...kill you indeed! hah! I am glad you are celibate so those spermies can do no harm....

By the way, marriage changes your life. Having babies changes your life. Growing up changes your life. Divorce changes your life. Herpes has been a blip compared to those life changes. Social stigma and ignorance are what make Herpes a bad thing. I don't have breakouts and had unoprotected sex of all kinds with my ex....OMG imagine!!! We even had a child mercy me!! Notice how you say your PARTNER might develop it, because you MUST be clean even though never tested? It can be dormant and YOU can be the one to pass it on.

You probably do have it as an innocent mom's kiss on your face can give it to you as a baby. What if you get it from a friend kiss on the cheek and you had an abrasion there? Now what if you are rejected by the one you fall in love with if you for having giving HER herpes. (she was tested you weren't) Are you really going to die or kill yourself because of ignorance? (That was the ignorance I was referring to that kills) Even though you have never been tested, and never had an outbreak, you can harbor it. But as you said, whatever works for you Mr. Holier and cleaner then thou....
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:00:13 PM
And once again....tempting kharma brings about retribution.
Dudley....you sound like you were born the 1860's and not the 1960's...I am almost 10 years older and I doubt I would be that opinionated or at least I am wise enough to know you don't pull out your six shooters at a gun control meeting.

And just incase you want to categorize everyone and everything as fitting into your pre-concieved ideas...my partner is 20 years younger and I have never been in a better matched relationship...and no its not been just short term nor was I a young skirt chaser.

And no matter how you cut it, frame it or spin it.....referring to a person or sex or whatever (except for the back end of a dog) in a public as a "piece of tail" is inappropriate. There is way to be a "dirty old man" like me without being crude and vulgar.

But to cut you some slack, I do think people should have a choice without judgement about whether they will or will not date someone with Herpes, one leg, different race, same sex or different sex, antlers, fur, antennas, or religious beliefs. Its yours to chose. Your choice does not mean others who chose otherwise are "bad". Right???

Now this maybe a bit much for one post....but HSV "kitty cat" and others should also take a step back a little too. Yes, its true Herpes is not a death sentence but it can and does have some adverse health repercussions....one of which is that herpes can be transfered to a new born baby ...not too sure of the chances or how harmful but I do remember reading once that that is possible.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 122
Herpes?
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:51:44 PM

By the way, marriage changes your life. Having babies changes your life. Growing up changes your life. Divorce changes your life.

For the most part these are all concious decisions or choices we make, i would trust that the majority of people do not decide to get herpes, it is something that happens.

Notice how you say your PARTNER might develop it, because you MUST be clean even though never tested? It can be dormant and YOU can be the one to pass it on.

Yes i said if my partner were to develop the disease we would learn to deal with it. That means i would not run out on a partner simply because they came up with a disease. It has nothing to do with a judgement about cleanliness, nowhere have i stated anything about cleanliness yet you insist on throwing it at me. If i contract or develop the disease i would not expect my partner to stay although i would hope they might consider it.

But as you said, whatever works for you Mr. Holier and cleaner then thou....

Well i'm far from holy and have never claimed to be cleaner than anyone. I would suggest you might try reading the posts and thinking a bit about the meanings of the words before getting angered over nothing. Use a dictionary if need be.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 123
Herpes?
Posted: 10/8/2009 11:09:43 PM

Dudley....you sound like you were born the 1860's and not the 1960's...I am almost 10 years older and I doubt I would be that opinionated or at least I am wise enough to know you don't pull out your six shooters at a gun control meeting.

Well my mama always said i was born old. Yes i know we think differently so i'm oppinionated and you're open minded, i understand the hypocracy.

But to cut you some slack, I do think people should have a choice without judgement about whether they will or will not date someone with Herpes, one leg, different race, same sex or different sex, antlers, fur, antennas, or religious beliefs. Its yours to chose. Your choice does not mean others who chose otherwise are "bad". Right???

Don't recall saying anything about anyone being bad because they choose a different route than i would go, they're just different minded is all.

And just incase you want to categorize everyone and everything as fitting into your pre-concieved ideas...my partner is 20 years younger and I have never been in a better matched relationship...and no its not been just short term nor was I a young skirt chaser.

Yes and my brother has one 16 years his junior and a hellish good woman except she isn't knowledgible in things from our era and she therefore has trouble understanding what we are talking about or why he thinks the way he does. It worked for you but not for them. People are different as individuals and we all choose differently for various reasons. Now that truth is relevant you, kitty and myself are all right because there is no wrong, we just don't agree.
 QUICKSILVER217
Msg: 124
Herpes?
Posted: 10/9/2009 9:27:57 PM
Here is how Herpes works:
Decent person visits immoral doctor - doctor patronises intelligent human being who actually has a conscience - refuses to test the person, tells them not to worry and go forth and infect everyone for all they are worth. The infected person - may not even have an outbreak or if they do - the doctor (God bless their little criminally minded hearts - will get as sanctimonious and patronising and as vicious as they possibly know how). Ooh so you are in pain from blisters... try a tea bag
Oooh you think you have viral encephalitis - sorry you are still standing (barely) - come back when you have died.
Valtrex has been out for 30 years - but gee Doc would rather see you jump in front of a bus than give a prescription that simply puts out the firestorm of pain in your brain and genitals.

In the future when doctors have successfully managed to cause a worldwide pandemic and we all end up with having to have caesarian births for our children and we all end up with premature dementia - lets hope the doctors get the most virulent life destroying mutated version of this thing possible.

Yes, lets have a worldwide pandemic of a virus that leaves people with a permanent migraine, destroys the basal ganglia, busts up the limbic system, leaves people permanently dizzy, leaves them unable to cope with even the most minor 'stress', leaves them unable to pursue their very careers and livelihoods. Good on you Doc.

An invisible disease that is more infectious than Aids, that cannot be protected against unless you remain celibate - a thing that attacks people's brains - wow - everyone should be ever so grateful that the medical profession so hate what is left of the world's workforce in a time of aging population that they want to leave everyone so utterly destroyed.

Better yet - you can be deliberately infected - lose all hope of having a relationship, lose so much of your former health, lose so much money on an ongoing basis - and you cannot even charge the criminal who did it to you. No wonder people jump - before you bag another innocent victim of Herpes - make a real consideration a good number of us do indeed feel suicidal.

Have a migraine for the rest of your life for free while you are at it - most especially those arrogant XXXXXXX Doctors.
When more doctors lose their livelihood and their years of academic study to this thing - perhaps they will change thier tune - in the meantime do your bit and infect a male doctor if you can. Perhaps if they realise we will return their kindness they might just gain a little tiny dose of common humanity.
 HSV kitty
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Herpes?
Posted: 10/10/2009 11:24:51 AM
The majority of the population has antibodies for HSV, not all present with symptoms but you can still infect others by shedding the virus. Few even know they have it. Few read about how they can infect others. Few care until someone presents with symptoms and is diagnosed.

It is true that Doctors call it cold sores when it is on the upper body and Herpes when it is on the genitalia. HSV1 just prefers the upper body and HSV2 the lower, but you can get both in either location (google good virus /bad virus)

If you have few antibodies for HSV or none as a baby has (if the mom has never been infected) or a compromised immune system, then you are more likely to contract the virus. Having either Herpes means you are afforded some protection from the other. Having a Herpes outbreak at birth can be fatal if the mom had been newly infected and thus had not developed antibodies to pass on to the child in the womb. (they leave after about 6 months) Childbirth can be natural if both you and your Doctor are informed and you are not newly infected.

QUICKSILVER217, of course you will come join the conversation, YAY! You are the worst case scenario of what coldsores can do to a person. If the 90% of the populationwho have the coldsore (HSV, Herpes, whatever you wish to call it) virus were as easily able to inflict it upon themselves as you have, then spouting your story as though it were the norm would be justified. No one would ever have sex again! No one would ever kiss again either, as HSV1 is passed on most often by a kiss.

May I remind you your mother may have given it to you if she kissed you at birth. SO she might have been the criminal? Sorry that you have such a horrible immune system and that Doctors were not able to diagnose. May I remind you that stress is a trigger and you have so much stress it is frightening. May I also remind you that you have not placed the fact you have HSV1 on your profile. I

Each person has the right to choose whomever they wish to be with, Kharma, and you may think of me as you wish, truly. I think the fact I am forthright on my profile and in my name says as much. It can be a health issue for some, yes of course. My replies were for those too ignorant to care find out if THEY have it before spouting off that we are somehow lesser. It is the harshness that having Herpes brings out in the holier then thou crowd that hurts and isn't necessary. Ok, now "I" have been too verbose. Not sorry though.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Herpes?