Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date from hell      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 terminallycute
Msg: 51
Date from hellPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have never had a proposal after a 3rd date but the first year my girlfriend who I travel with and I went to cuba,At dinner one night our waiter at one of the resorts asked me to move to cuba and be his wife and he would make me very very happy. (laffs)

As cute and sweet as he was and as beautiful cuba was, i did think about it for about 45 seconds.. but in the end I declined

I wonder how many other Canadian girls he has proposed too....

norolim,

It sounds like you might have found a keeper, It sounds like he is able to endure just about anything no matter what..An understanding man is definatly a diamond in the rough.
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 52
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 10:39:52 AM
Has anyone proposed to you after the third date?
wanting the house,white picket fence cottage up north , the whole ten yards or is it nine yards?

I've had some men contact me because they think I'm rich and have a nice cabin on a lake somewhere up here in the north. You can tell the money or land grabbers in a few sentences. They are all about the matterial, what you own, what you earn. You learn to run fast from those. I'm not a material gal, money isn't that important to me. I live a simple life. When they find that out, they start looking again rather quickly.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 53
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 10:52:56 AM
if any of you ladies reading this thread feel left out that you havent
had this date from hell experience yet...feel free to contact me...
 terminallycute
Msg: 54
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:08:07 AM
laffs..why boise..are you willing to oblige, what a gentleman!!
 FrEEdoM_WiTHin
Msg: 55
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 1:47:36 PM
yeah had a few...

where you get yourself looking neat and presentable and they show up all scruffy......grrrrrr....

Hate that.
 Coastergal
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 1:52:56 PM
How about the date that NEVER happened!!!!!

I had chatted with a guy..... talked on the phone... He stated He HAD to meet me!

He said he would call at 6:30pm didn't call until 9:00 and still wanted to go out.. I told him that was WAY too late

One night I was out with friends and he sent a text message... I let him know I was out with friends.. He wanted me to LEAVE my friends and go meet him! HE DIDN't offer to come where we were....

He called me one night when I was on my way home from work.. left late.. it was like 6:30 He went on and on about how he wanted to meet me. I'm trying to be spontaneousl.. and said.. OK.... I'll meet you in the middle... he wanted to go home and change... and I didn't have time... so I was ON MY FRICKEN way there..... and he calls me and says he got home and his roommate had company so he shouldn't leave!

I sent him an E-mail the next day and asked if he liked BASEBALL... cuz he was on like strike 2 and I don't give strike 3's!

He kept sending messages after that... didn't call me before valentines day but contacted me... by actually dialing digits.. I answered the phone.. He wanted to go out! I was like.. UM it's valentinesday and I'm ON a DATE! ( I was in the ladies room when the phone rang)

didn't hear from him for 3 months.... one day I get a text from him wanting to meet.. I let him know that I was dating someone... I guess he didn't believe me...

Got mad and sent me a TEXT calling me FATTIE!!!! OMG What a freak!

4 months went by and I got a text from him and a v/m asking if I remembered him..... and how he was back in town and wants to meet! I didn't even bother returning that call or text!
 onegreatm8
Msg: 57
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 1:53:21 PM
Norolim,

You have definately found a keeper, he sound like one of the good guys
its nice to hear something nice for a change.
 Coastergal
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 1:56:01 PM

Has anyone proposed to you after the third date?
wanting the house,white picket fence cottage up north , the whole ten yards or is it nine yards,

Not like real proposals....

-Bubba couldn't waite to have kids with me! OMG 1st date

-A chiropractor told me he was gonna remove his profile and concentrate on me......
He was really bummed when he asked about my daughter and I explained that she was my
adorable niece.... and he said.. OOH we'll have to start from scratch!

-I don't post my salaray range because one date actually wanted to know EXACTLY where I fit in... in the range..... (different site)
 Coastergal
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 1:59:46 PM
Dayum........Norlim... Hope ur tummy is feeling better!
Glad he wants to see ya again!!!!!
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 60
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 2:36:13 PM
The good thing is not all dates from hell end in disaster.

How many times have we laughed about the things we've done?

I once had a date at a chinese food place, I was intent on impressing a radio DJ. We were going smorgienorg, so when he invited me to come and check what was in the steam trays I stood and put on the paper light ficture right bang on top of my head. We both laughed that night until our sides ache. Things happen, but not always for the worst. Some of it's darned funny.

BTW, I've never been cared for by a man who's held my head in his lap while I was sick. He just might be a keeper!
 CinnamonCat
Msg: 61
Date from hell
Posted: 10/8/2005 2:49:14 PM
norolim said:
Even after all that, he says he still wants to go out again. May have found me a keeper here!

Wow, if only he had about 300 brothers!! All the POF ladies could be happy!
 onegreatm8
Msg: 62
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 10:15:50 AM
how about a embarrasing date from hell,

I went out a date a while back , to meet a lady at pub in Mississauga and i was coming from work and i forgot my wallet in the office and the office closed, and i met her and i told her i forgot my wallet and i was being honest, and i thought she understood and i left.

Her friend emails me and thought it was a excuse, now imagine if i didnt notice i didnt have my wallet and the bill came , has that happened to anyone else?
 terminallycute
Msg: 63
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 10:31:10 AM
laffs...onegreatm8

I chatted with this man who was from houston many moons ago...he was coming home from an overseas buisness trip and contacted me saying he could re route through buffalo and that he would love to meet me if I was free. I had been talking to him for over a year via internet and phone so I thought sure why not...We met at this lil pub about 20 minutes from my house ( he crossed the boarder from buffalo) and we decided to go to another little place that I liked to go. ( very casual)

He asked me what I was drinking and I told him and he went off to order. He came back to the tabel with the most disturbed embarassed look on his face saying that the place only took cash. He just had his credit cards.

He felt sooo bad!!..I just laffed..told him there was a bank machine across the street and I went and paid for the drinks. He turned out to be one of the best friends I had ever had and many years later and we still laff'd about this.
 onegreatm8
Msg: 64
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:00:19 AM
Hey Terminallycute,

I can just imagine how he felt at that time lol
and least you folks can laugh at it now lol.
 terminallycute
Msg: 65
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:04:50 AM
well onegreatm8,
if your lady friend couldnt laugh about it with you, then perhaps... eek!..nope I am stopping right here and not giving any more advice on this subject...(laffs)
 onegreatm8
Msg: 66
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:15:29 AM
Terminallycute

she didnt laugh about it lol ..........
as my Newyork friends say forget about it. lol
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 67
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:31:05 AM
I had a date like that once too. Only he forgot until we had ordered and chowed down. A few glasses of wine, and the bill as around 70.00. Graceously I offered to settle the tab, next meal was on him. As I went to the counter, I saw this guy shuffle in his seat, slide his wallet from his back pocket of his jeans into the inside pocket of his bommer jacket. I decided not to be so tactful. I told the clerk the man was paying, and informed her if he gave her any trouble about a missing wallet to check his inside coat pocket, and snuck out the door.

LMAO I waited in my car outside, parked over from where I was orignially when we met outside in the lot. He was raging mad. He stomped his foot, glared at the new car in my old slot and stomped off around the side of the building. Teach him to try and pull one over on this girl!
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 68
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:31:54 AM
Here's a question: Has anyone been proposed to online without meeting the other person?
 terminallycute
Msg: 69
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:37:53 AM
Thats awsome Georgie...the Bas tard!!
Serves him right!!..I knew my friend was genuine and telling the truth, but You should have got a take out order as well and billed it to him as you were walking out!..laffs.

Proposed to online??..EEk..I mean I have some friends that joke around about when I move out to where ever and settle down..but for serious proposals....laffs...

It should be interesting to hear about others experiences though..I cant wait!!
 Jesiebunnies
Msg: 70
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:48:19 AM
Well I have been on several dates from hell but the one that sticks out in my mind the most was the date with a guy I met off here. He wanted to take me to dinner so we went out to a nice resturant. When it came time to order he said he wasn't going to eat anything. WHen i asked why he said that his mom made ribs at home and he wanted to eat those. Ok so that's a little weird but ok I ordered my food anyway. During dinner he informs me that his parents told him he should use me for a one night stand because he cannot afford to be dating. When it came time to paying the bill he pulls out his money and says that his mom has put him on budget and that he can only spend $20 and he tries to leave the waitress only $1 as a tip. I don't think so. So of course I reach into my wallet to give the waitress more money but as we are leaving I catch him putting the money I threw out for tip back into his own wallet. CHeap sob anyway. Never talked to him again! Can't imagine WHy!
 cannuckswon
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:19:16 PM
not sure who was in hell on this one but here goes. i had been seeing this girl for a while and decided to cook her a meal at my place. cooked a nice roast with potatoes and the works. she showed up and we sat down for a nice meal. she takes one bite and proceeds to run to the bathroom. stayed in there for about 15 minutes throwing up. turns out she was a little nervous about coming to my place and had a couple(?) of drinks to calm herself down. i thought my meal had made her sick and here she was just drunk. i guess it worked out in the end becuase we ended up married for 7 years. georgie i tried to mail you, would like more pics, of your land.
 onegreatm8
Msg: 72
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:01:36 PM
jesiebunnies

im curious how old was that SOB? its amazing that people out there exists? wow.
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 73
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:17:48 PM

georgie i tried to mail you, would like more pics, of your land.

LOL nice try
 Jesiebunnies
Msg: 74
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:26:52 PM
lol He was my age in his mid 20's. Just wish they would tell you these things before you get stuck sitting with them for hours and hours. And believe me I couldn't eat fast enough on that date. Guess I should have asked the waitress for two forks.
 TheDevilsAdvocate
Msg: 75
Date from hell
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:25:58 PM
I once had a date who co-erced me into going to his uncle's place to teach him to play poker. Little did I know that no one inhabited his uncle's house and that the only furniture availiable was a bed. Then he tried to get me to drink some vodka with him (after I'd downed two shots of vodka at the café we went to).

Being the dumb kid that I was, I stayed there, refused the additional alcohol, and tried to start a game of cards. Well, not too long passed before he tried to get into my pants (or skirt, as the case was), and I ended up smacking him upside the face hard enough to gain his attention long enough to tell him to fcuk off. He insisted on driving me home after that, then proceeded to lecture me about how I'd ruined the perfect date and how he was so turned off.

To cap it, when we got close to my house, he asked me if I'd learned anything from that date (suggesting that it should be avoiding acting Ms. Perfect), saying that he'd learned not to date idiots.

LOL, furthermore, I ended up having the misfortune of having him in my philosophy class this semester in university, as well as the tutorial. He ended up dropping from the section I was in, so I dont have to see him thrice weekly anymore. It didnt really bother me either way as I have the theory that he's a serial killer in the making, slightly sadistic, and in great need of an azz-kicking, which he will eventually get.

That's my date from hell story, lol.

Maria XOXO
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date from hell