Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > Plenty Of Fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justjoey
Msg: 26
Plenty Of Fish does not workPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have been on this site for 2 weeks has anybody had success with this site
i find that nothing happens on this site
has anybody else had same experince
 igotoosu
Msg: 27
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 12/12/2004 2:54:04 AM
the dating scene isn't really working for me here, but i'm addicted to the forums. regardless, i think it awsome a website with so much depth can actually be free. great job to creators and management.
 markus
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish does not work
Posted: 12/12/2004 1:54:10 PM

I have been on this site for 2 weeks has anybody had success with this site
i find that nothing happens on this site
has anybody else had same experince

I doubt its the site, there are over 700 girls logging in per day within a 50km radius of you...
 DragonRider
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2004 3:27:30 PM
Now THAT was cold Admin... very... Just out of curiousity... Expand that to 100km radius of me... what is that number? Are these unique logins? Just curious... I note that I never have those ten little pictures above MY profile...
 Jackill
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/12/2004 3:41:55 PM
come on now this site is good, there just arent any girls from kansas, whats up with that?
 Lathanos
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/12/2004 3:55:35 PM
I joined this site in June 2004, then stumbled across it again just in the begining of December. I've already gotten 2 phone numbers and made a ton of friends, in just a few short days, and I'm looking forward to a party that this site is setting up for the Denver area!!!
What more could you ask for in a site? Besides not pointing any fingers, but if you are looking for something PERFECT you will not find it, cause it doesn't exist, there is always going to be something about someone that you meet, date, have friendships with that you are not going to like. And that is the beauty of life, nobody is perfect!
TO THE ADMIN: This site rocks!!! Let me know if you need help with anything for that party up in Denver!!!
 markus
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2004 4:18:59 PM
Now THAT was cold Admin

not ment to be cold, the number one reason most people don't get responses is...

1. When sending emails they don't even bother changing the default subject line.
2. No fun pictures
3. profile is to specific/picky, or there isn't enough info.
4. Sending out identical emails to every single person will result in your emails being blocked after a few messages. (this is what happened to the guy above, hense no responses)

When you are in a very popular area, and a girl has tons options she will not respond unless you stand out. As for logins, yes they are unique logins, vancouver is one of the biggest regions on the site.
 DragonRider
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/12/2004 4:26:43 PM
Oh, I wasn't dunning you, was just saying... ;-)

I forget occasionally to change that subject line... embarassing... Fun pictures... I will have to think on that one...

So, what are the stats for my area? Like I say, kick it up to 100 - 150km and let me know... you have my curiosity up...
 markus
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/12/2004 4:36:44 PM
that would require some programming on my part :) There aren't many people in your area 130 within 25 miles, in a city like toronto there are 6200 within 25 miles and because you are older you will get even fewer matches... You need to search in some of the bigger cities close by.
 DragonRider
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/12/2004 4:39:12 PM
DOne that, most are worried due to the distance, and want someone much closer... but, was just curious... thanks anyway...
 Lathanos
Msg: 36
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/12/2004 8:39:58 PM
I just now, got home from meeting someone off of this site in my area! It does work, if you're not too overly picky! Whether she is or isn't the woman of my dreams, at least I made a good friend!
 DragonRider
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/12/2004 8:46:31 PM
Congrats Lath... was more than worth it then...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 Lathanos
Msg: 38
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/12/2004 9:06:26 PM
Thanks DragonRider, sorry there aren't many around your area, as you say bud! Take a flight out to Denver when they have this party, I'm sure there will be tons of women here, for you to choose from.
 DragonRider
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/12/2004 9:07:16 PM
Now that just might be doable...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 trainhitter2003
Msg: 40
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/14/2004 1:45:05 AM
It's a fairly nice site for what it is, best part about it is the forums.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 41
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/14/2004 9:46:02 AM
I am totaly addicted to the forums. I have met a couple of people from here, and not so bad.

TY admin for the site, and to everyone else for making it what it is.
 juliecatsup
Msg: 42
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 12/14/2004 12:21:20 PM
this is actually a pretty cool site.
 sidheanwwyn
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/15/2004 9:25:16 PM
i just found this site recently, and even though i haven't had any responses i'm interested in so far, i love that you don't have to pay for it!!!!i work for the state, so i don't have tons of cash to spend on the internet. i was out of circulation for a long time, after my last breakup, changing careers, getting my head together, etc. i have been having fun playing on the web. i like that this site has forums. i work nights, so on my days off, 3am gets reeeal boring. i have never talked on a forum before, so howdy to everybody, and a big thank you to the people who run this site. i know what you mean about people sending bad e-mails. my personal peeve is when they try to get too personal right away, or even worse-sexual. guys, this only sounds pathetic and desperate, not to mention pushy, so please don't do this if you want a reply from a woman who actually has some self-respect.
 jaytea
Msg: 44
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 12/15/2004 10:14:14 PM
I think that people come in here, and other similar sites, expecting way too much. If they would just be patient and take their time and write people that seem interesting to them I'm sure that they all will find some great friends that way. They shouldn't expect everything to happen right away. It take time to find the right one or ones and doesn't happen overnight.
 DavidX
Msg: 45
Plenty Of Fish--I've had luck
Posted: 12/15/2004 10:21:05 PM
Hi All,

Well, I signed up and scanned my state (WI). Found a compatible woman and wrote her. We've gone out several times and had a good time. Perhaps because we both had honest posts and weren't looking very hard. So it was very relaxed and fun. The site can work. Depends on your profile and your ways. As far as responses go I've had one woman email me and that's probably against all the odds. So a good profile is the key--not to mention cute pictures.

I'm now hung up on rating people. That's really addictive. I'm hooked and it's such a shallow thing to do. Must be like cigarettes... If you're going to rate 'em you ought to submit your picture to be fair. That'll take the wind out of your sails too. Which is good for you. Humble is good.

DavidX
 TallTim
Msg: 46
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 12/20/2004 1:07:32 PM
Great site, needs a open chat program maybe JPilot or something like it, people could then maybe get an idea whom there are interested, but then you get all the regulars that would start going there 34/7 and some I am sure would be just nasty too others. if you were to have such a site restrict the foul langange and no OP's running the channel, OP's can be and do become corrupted in there ways.
 wood890
Msg: 47
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/1/2005 9:40:51 PM
I do agree, an open real time chat would be pretty cool and useful

But im not complaining about its absence AT ALL!! that would be like whining that you dont get power windows after someone gave you a car for free.
This is a GREAT site!!! those other sites that have 'personality' matching and fancy IM features really have no appeal to me. Personality matcing is to talk/chat/meet with someone, if you like their personality, you match.

Im especially impressed cause it's soooooooooo hard to find people on an online environment from a place like here. But if you do a search here for Winnipeg women, it returns like 15 pages!!!! And being from here, I'd bet 90% are pleasent, nice people, even if there's no sparks :)

And what site would actualy host a forum, telling you the other good sites out there that you should try???
I havnt met anybody, and hardly emailed much so far, but...
Pleny of Fish, you got a GREAT site here, please dont change anything.... and please please keep it free :)
Although, I think I'd take the time to read any information on a 'donations' page, and give it serious consideration.
 crs1778
Msg: 48
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/4/2005 7:57:15 PM
Hello,

Well I only joined this site yesterday and this is my first post. . . but I have to say, just in the 24 hours that I have been a member, I've recieved some messages from some cool people.

Even thought the site is completely free, the people that I've met don't look like any people that just come on here to cause trouble and mess around. From what I've read in the forums, looks like people around here are really cool.

I guess only time will tell to see who I really find on here, but so far, everything looks good.

Cheers!
 pedicure
Msg: 49
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/5/2005 7:17:33 PM
This is my fav dating site. I have gotten the most replies.

but my complaint is this:

I will have a lot of email conversations with guys from this site.
Some even say they love me and want to marry me (!)
I always slide into 'Why don't we meet for a few minutes'
or 'Why don't you call me, here's my #'

and THAT always makes the guys disappear!

They either never contact me again or they give me some ridiculuous excuse as to why they choose to end the emails.

I have gotten "I'm moving" several times. And "I don't have a phone" more, and "I live too far away"... blah blah blah.

It really is a waste of time if they just want the safe anonymous text communication with me.

Grow up, guys. YOU know who you are. What are they so scared of?
 ltom8181
Msg: 50
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/9/2005 1:41:02 PM
this is a pretty cool site. i really like the forums. as far as having any luck i really havent. it seems to me that everyone wants to e-mail forever and never meet.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > Plenty Of Fish