Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > Plenty Of Fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chic69
Msg: 51
Plenty Of Fish works!Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Actually,I met a man on this web site.We are planning to get married in mid Spring.I'm sorry your luck has not been so good.Maybe you could add some extra special things about yourself on your profile.Good luck.
 shadowdweller
Msg: 52
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/9/2005 6:48:19 PM
And you won't...not on Plenty of Fish, Match.com, eHarmony, Yahoo!, or anywhere else.

I've been monitoring alot of dating sites and see pretty much the same things: people holding out for "The Perfect Person" with Perfect Hair®, Perfect Body®, Perfect Finances®, Perfect Sex®, etc, etc.

And guess what? Mr and Miss Perfect do not exist! I've tried so many dating sites and services and have been rejected so many times that I'm ready to certify myself as Undateable!

I suggest you just amble through life. Eventually someone will fall your direction and things will just fall into place. But don't trust the online or dating service communities to line you up with the perfect mate.
 charmingandsweet
Msg: 53
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:03:24 AM
Hmmm....charming charming....is a running running....you know what I find really unique about this site is that we can be who we truly are without a fear in the world as to what people may think because there are many in here, options will never run out and as for the ones who have not had any contacts yet, I am sorry to hear that because this site is the best and I know they are out there...hmmmm....maybe redo your profiles make it exciting and be creative...I know it is tough to get here at times...give it a try!

As for the ones who say they get "Sexist" emails, what type of pictures are you putting up and what did you put down for restrictions? I am not saying this is wrong because it is not, I am just trying to be helpful! I have been very lucky because I have not recieved emails like that and that I am truly grateful for and I am not wanting it because I put this in here okay guys! There are so many potentials in here people, how can we not meet someone from here?

^^^like silverlake said^^^and what people have said to me, when you are out and about doing your regular routines pop in and say hello to anyone you like and do not shy away either that be in grocery stores, coffee places, bowling, etc and flash your smile and let people know you are available...believe me it works like hot cakes! I have to admit when I first came on here, I was shy, and this place opened up many doors and windows for me and now when I am out and about, no problem in saying hi!

Like I said before in here dating is like looking for a job where we may recieve 50 no's before we get our yes and all we can do is keep trying and not allow these no's to control us because if we do, than how on earth will we move ahead on the dating scenes, I know for me, I would not want to remain on the dateless scene.

Charming
 JoyceB
Msg: 54
Plenty Of Fish does not work
Posted: 1/13/2005 6:48:38 PM
Hi Justjoey
I want to tell you that this site does work. I have had many responses and 2 dates.
It's all in meeting the right person. Just keep the faith, and soon you will see.

JB
 Spiff24
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/13/2005 7:41:36 PM
this site DOES work. in fact, i'm meeting a beautiful and amazing girl from this site tomorrow. she'll be staying with me for the weekend. not only that but these forums are a lot of fun and full of amazing people.

great job ADMIN
 salamander000
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2005 1:56:56 PM
I agree with spiff! I love this site and if you keep things in perspective , as in life you will be contented. It is my fav 'home' place to come and have 'met' and engaged in a lot of fine conversation amd consider my 'friends' here people I would let into my real life....
jackill, I am a lil old for you hun, but I am here if you just want someone to talk with, I am here.
femmeinin, all I can say to you is that your post reflect much about your personality, (everyones' does).
I have my share of bad days also, but this is a place I can safely come and vent and have some support, but mind your manners young lady, is my friendly advise to you! With an attitude like that no one would want to 'speak' with you anyway! Good luck to you finding anyplace better YOU WON'T !
So live and let live, let us enjoy our site and keep you negative attitudes to yourself please, and if you want to reply please do it to my private profile inbox here.
I am sorry to post this negativity here, but since she has no "inbox" I can't tell her off there~
To everyone else thanks a million, this place is my fav!
 licksandlaughs
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/14/2005 2:44:11 PM
Only just starting to dip my toes in the POF pond....but have found the Forums humerous and even informative sometimes (especially some of the sex threads..wow!). I sometimes feel like there is an "inner club" amongst a few people, so I haven't really posted that much yet, but I can be an opiniated bugger...so I'm sure it won't be that long before I am forced to give my opinion on a few matters...

Everyone has there own reasons for being here, and most aren't too judgemental. The fact that there aren't too many people from around where I am is actually an advantage, as I really do tend to flirt too much and it gets me into SO much trouble...

Oh...and I love the
 shore66
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/14/2005 9:11:32 PM
POF has some of the worst spellers I have ever seen.
 CEC93013
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/14/2005 10:18:18 PM
It ain't about spellen...

It's about communication,knit pick if you must...

Still just try and have a good time...
 sassykitten13
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/14/2005 11:29:47 PM
Oh Ya I totally agree with you Ladies!!!!! How Lazy is a guy who cant read over his profile and/or email to make sure he doesnt sound like an illiterate idiot??? I think unfortunately there are quite a few. Guys, take a few minutes to check over your emails.(or profile)... It will make a huge difference to some of us.
ps... havent been on this site long, but its been great so far. Good Job ADMIN!!!
 CEC93013
Msg: 61
Plenty Of Fish does work,if you let it...(-;
Posted: 1/14/2005 11:33:58 PM
I use to get stomped on allot and I've had problems with people,but it has been my experiance that cry baby's can never realy win...

So I try to adjust,some times it is best to just walk away from a fight,as there are several cantankerous S.O.B's on here and if I try to fight one,I will have to fight them all...(-;

So for me,this place is all about the lighter side of life,I don't expect to find my mate here,
But you never,never know...(-;

So I just keep fishing...(-;
 Gingerbread_Man
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/15/2005 12:46:41 AM
Hmm, I think this website does work but I have a nagging suspicion it doesn't work for me.
Maybe I just need to be a bit more patient, Im not really sure.
The way I see it, if it works good but I'll be suprised. If it doesn't, oh well.

G
 CEC93013
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/15/2005 3:52:05 AM
If you really want something to happen,chances are that it won't...)-;

Don't simply quit,or give up...)-;

Adapt!!! change!!! Speak your mind in a fun way and apply what you learn here in the real world,you may be amazed at the responces...(-;

The reason that you may fail here,is the same reason why you may not have any luck in the real world,#1 because these ladies are exactly the same as anyone that you would meet on the street,exept you can see how these one's think...*J*

My father was married for 75 years to my mom,He is now 97 years young...(-;
He always told us boy's,That even God dosen't understand women...(-;
The object of the game,is simply to get along with them...(-;

So, be your self and have fun,don't be in a rush and don't worry about how ladies respond unto you,as by and by what you seek will find you right when you least expect it...(-;
 mr_considerate
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/15/2005 12:08:19 PM
>POF has some of the worst spellers I have ever seen.

They should try using iespell (freeware).

Do a google search, you'll find it.

It works great on this site.
 mr_considerate
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/15/2005 12:19:16 PM
>Plenty Of Fish does not work

I think a lot of people are cautious and reluctant to respond with meeting people over the internet, and for good reason. Once I visited a woman I met online and she was very unstable and dangerous. Nothing like the person I thought I knew. It's even more risky for women to meet men off the internet and I would recommend some kind of a more safe "comfort zone" first meeting(s).
 SoCal1972
Msg: 66
Plenty Of Fish does work
Posted: 1/15/2005 7:05:22 PM
but ya, spelling is bad.

Be nice if they had a spell checker built into the gui.. not that hard.
 CEC93013
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/15/2005 9:18:54 PM
My spell check dose not work on here,I do have a vast vocabulary but I may tend to be a little scratchy on the spelling...

But if the lady I'm talking with is such a knit picker that she pre-judges a man for his ability to spell???

Well I'm sorry,I am a very busy man and I do not have time in my life for knit pickers...*J*
 dae
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2005 1:28:11 PM
Love the forums
 jaytea
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/16/2005 6:14:33 PM
I am a stickler for correct spelling and grammar having done quite a bit of proofreading in school; however, I do take into consideration that there are people who have disorders that they cannot help such as dyslexia that impedes their writing. I would never automatically rule someone out simply because their spelling & grammar isn't perfect.
 swiftcut
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/17/2005 1:36:06 AM
POF wont work with that mentality.
 CEC93013
Msg: 71
Plenty Of Fish does work,If you let it...(-;
Posted: 1/17/2005 3:40:01 AM
Well,You said ("POF won't work with that mentallity") I guess that behavior modification might be required,but regardless of how sick the puppy may be,there is still a mate out there for it...

Because PLENTY OF FISH always will work,IF YOU LET IT...(-;
 JoeRussD
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish does work,If you let it...(-;
Posted: 1/22/2005 6:05:35 PM
I haven't met any woman yet. Maybe my age and looks. Sorry lady's. Russ
 brendon.
Msg: 73
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/23/2005 1:18:07 PM
lol i like that post
 brendon.
Msg: 74
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/23/2005 1:21:18 PM
how do u dele posts on here my last post i was commenting on the isomonia comment, but it dont look like it is wtf.
 JessKO
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Plenty Of Fish
Posted: 1/24/2005 10:09:39 AM
Why POF is my favourite so far:

FREE!!!!
Forums--- you can see how the users interact with others
More cuties than on other sites I've seen....and the pictures are bigger when browsing
Doesn't slow my computer down to use it.
Can see how many have/who has blocked you....wish I could see who added to favourites also... but seeing who blocks you is the COOLEST THING
Voting for pictures

It just seems like POF has taken the best features out of all the dating sites out there and tweaked it a little.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > Plenty Of Fish