Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IamCliff
Msg: 251
Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
....Maybe because your looking for perfection and none of us are perfect. The question is
when MR rite comes a long can you over look the inperfections and accept him as he is.
..This also applies to men when looking for a woman
 sometimes_miss
Msg: 252
Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?
Posted: 3/5/2007 11:45:45 AM
It's hard because so many women are looking for mr. perfect. There are only so many renaissance men in existance. Even women who actually get what they go after later change their mind (think: Diana and her quest to marry a prince). I'm pretty good, but have what is a deal breaker for 99% of women. Today's woman has been brought up 'not to settle', and that concept is reinforced over and over in the parts of today's media that is female oriented. That means you want a guy to be everything on your 'must have' list. And that list usually limits you to less than 1% of the male population. Considering that most women want similar things, that means nearly all women want that same 1%. Chance of getting what you want? Slim to none.
 First Mickey
Msg: 253
Posted: 3/5/2007 12:45:56 PM
Maggie:
I have to say that I don't believe there is a perfect person out there. Yes, I believe there is someone for everyone, but that does not make them perfect in any way. We all have to be willing to work at our relationships and work hard, taking the good with the bad. If we are simply along for the ride, then that is all we end up with A RIDE... Good luck on your search
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 1:01:13 PM
Its cause many people these days live in a fantasy world created by Holloywood, the Advertising Industry and now the Internet. They tell us what we should look like, they tell us what kind of car to drive and house to live in. The tell us how much money should be in our bank accounts. What kind of person is right for us

People spend their entire lives chasing a fantasy where the pie in the sky is unreachable and they write about it in places like this before they get down to the business of actually living in reality.
 L.B DUB
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 1:36:08 PM
very funny huh bcuz u wont treat him good when he treat right!!!simple as that. matter of fact i mma go check u lol
 Aiccal
Msg: 256
Posted: 3/5/2007 3:41:03 PM
For one thing---people say one thing of what they are looking for and mean another----------i am looking for a realtionship and i am quite honest with saying that---but when you set up a date-they are just looking for one thing and the deal is that they are in realationship and dating section
 cassiejay
Msg: 257
Posted: 3/5/2007 3:55:34 PM
it isn't soooo hard..I have found 3! Still looking for #4 lol...Nobody is perfect, as the other posters say..just have to "click" and the rest takes care of itself. If you have a list? Rip it up!
 Aiccal
Msg: 258
Posted: 3/5/2007 4:45:14 PM
i have no list---just tired of being mislead and lied to
 chimike
Msg: 259
Posted: 3/5/2007 5:14:47 PM
It seems as if, especially with these internet personals, that 'the grass is always greener' or there is always someone out there that we think might be just a bit better than the person that might be interested in us - younger, better looking, yada yada yada. Of course, that's a figment of our imagination in most cases, but it seems we spend a lot of time looking for something that we may very well have already passed on. And, fyi, it's just as difficult to find Ms. Right.....
 crazylilting
Msg: 260
Posted: 3/5/2007 6:11:27 PM
How special would some one be if all we had to do is walk out the door and bump into them? I have waited forty years, been through my share of loss and heart ache, developed a host of ways to cope with a lack of Love in the world. And one chance meeting has completely changed my entire world. I would wait another 20 years if it meant meeting her, because it is her. I've never met anyone like her and i seriously doubt i ever would meet anyone like her if i waited another 40 years.

I believe we met at the perfect time in our lives. I wouldn't change a single thing.

crazylilting
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 261
Posted: 3/5/2007 6:26:53 PM
the reason that it's so hard for anyone to find their mr or mrs right is because they're too busy passing up his or her mr or mrs not-so-right.

although many of us had been married a time or two, we thought at that time that we found our mr or mrs right. we felt at one time or the other as if we were so much in love...maybe we were at the time but things changed. when things change, people change, when people change we then start thinking that we met our mr or mrs wrong. what people seem not to realize is things happen for a reason and everything has it's reasons for happening. the problem with that is when things happen we tend to feel hurt in the process. it's only normal to feel hurt after losing a spouse with it ending in the big "d" or the other big "d" (death or divorce). either way, while some of us feel the pain of the innocent some feel the pain of guilt...the feeling of being guilty by thinking that we may have done something wrong for our marriage to end or the feeling of being guilty to say that it should have been us that was sadly taken away.

regardless of how we may feel, we're always going to keep searching for our mr or mrs right. what people should start to realize that their is no perfect person other than a young child being so ripe and innocent. what i'm trying to say is to stop looking for that mr or mrs right and start focussing on that mr or mrs not-so-right. who knows, if you find you mr or mrs not-so-right they might just end up being the mr or mrs right that you've been seeking your entire life.
 Woodstar
Msg: 262
Posted: 3/5/2007 6:38:19 PM
My take on what the Original Poster was asking was not focusing on Mr. Perfect, but Mr. Right for her. Maybe she could be to picky as most have decided.

I know, in my particular circumstance there are alot of Mr. Not So Rights and Plenty of Mr. Very Wrongs in my neighborhood.

I know what I want. I am not shallow nor am I picky. But I'm still holdin out for Mr. Feels Right To Me.
 Jessica86
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/5/2007 6:41:55 PM
well i didnt read all of the posts but i know there has to be a mister right, cause if there wasnt then there would be alot of happy people. u just havnt found the right one yet! but in time u will.
 sixteenxvi
Msg: 264
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:31:56 PM
this thread is the very reason why i made it a point when i signed on to this site for the first time to send a message to a woman looking an "intimate encounter" i figured whith so many people setting their preferences as "no mail form anyone looking intimate encounter" it would cut down on some misunderstandings. no one is perfect, its a question of what you really want. me? im not mr. right by a long shot. im stubborn,im****, im a workaholic, im involved in several hobbies that take up much of my time, im driven by a need to succeed at everything i do, and i love to have sex.
im also sucessful, fairly financially secure, a good and attentive listener, an excellent lover, handy around the house, keep a clean home, don't care about sports, responsible with money, thoughtful, giving, and generally good to be around. im loyal to friends and signifigant others, protective, and honest. yet because i know that sexual compatibility is an important part of a relationship, im immediatly off (and this is a guestimation) 65% of the women on this sites "possibilities" list.
so if "mr. right" is your way of saying "mr. perfect" then keep looking, but from what i have read in the profiles around here, your gonna have to get him away from his boyfriend first.
my 2 cents
 Smart-Blonde
Msg: 265
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:57:52 PM
I believe they are out there, we just don't know where!!!!!!!!

I don't believe anyone gets 100% of what they want. They say we should get 80% and the other 20% is things we can tolerate.

I don't think picky is really the word. I think it is being choosy. Most of us, if not all, have settled in the past and it didn't work out. Why settle again? If I can't have what I seek in someone, and it is not perfect, just what is important to me, then I don't want it. I will just die with my BOB and self worth.
 Ron9
Msg: 266
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:21:30 PM
I've been fighting off the urge for months now ..... I can't hold it back anymore.

Attention WalMart shoppers - the new shipment of Mr. Rights just arrived.

They can be found in aisle 60 ............ the geezer aisle. Get yours before they are all gone.

(you know like the peanut butter recall could happen to geezers too lol)

subliminal message> geezers are not only the new "must have" they are just "Right" - get your geezer today
 sarcastic_smileygirl
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:28:13 PM
Ya know...
If all of my Mr. Wrong's, and someone else's Mr. Right's....then I have contributed to the happiness of a lot of people in this world, so that's something to be glad about! :)
 Disco Daddy
Msg: 268
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:33:56 PM
Because Mr. Right, is only Mr. Right from a distance. Once you have one Mr. Right, you usually want him to change into another Mr. Right... The grass is always greener...
 Ron9
Msg: 269
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:34:50 PM
Good way to look at it.

I guess I helped my ex wife figure out what she did not want lol.

It took me 20 years to convince her lol. Oh and she is still not sure she wants to be ..... um friends lol.

Yes - we dumpees are helping educate the world

SEE there IS a reason for everything.

Disco Daddy
Msg: 270
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:39:36 PM
True... Where would we be without the broken hearted... We were all Mr. Right, once upon a time...
 like2hike
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 9:00:13 PM
I see it like this...

Women, generally speaking, are used to having their pick when it comes to dating so, naturally, they become picky; therefore, Mr. Right will never be found because he doesn't exist. Women want this aspect about this one guy they dated and that aspect about that guy they dated and on and on. It's like finding the perfect house - unless you design it yourself, you'll never find it. And people can't be designed - no matter how much women try to change us!

Guys on the other hand are used to having to work with what we can get (i.e. who will accept our offers for dates). That's not to say we settle; however, we certainly can't just date whomever we want the way women generally can.
 marshw
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/5/2007 11:01:03 PM
You could start by showing your pic. This is after all the 21st century. No pic? I'm scared.
 goddessoflightning
Msg: 273
Posted: 3/7/2007 1:23:17 AM
She has no pic and you are scared??? You have some pic and I am scared

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
vv
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Only joking
Goddess
 Feral
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2007 2:42:42 AM

Depends. Are you looking for a man, or an ideal?
 PickyProfessional
Msg: 275
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:26:18 PM
there are plenty of mr. rights out there. never lower your standards and you'll eventually find one.

i strongly suspect if you're encountering too many mr. wrongs, you're either not choosy enough or you're kidding yourself when some guy is sending off all the wrong (or disinterested) signals.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?