Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AI03™
Msg: 176
Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?Page 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
^^^ Now, Now, be nice Buff.
 spicydesi
Msg: 177
Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:25:31 PM
Typical scenario:

woman says she wants nice guy, nice guy comes along, woman doesnt see nice guy as a potential boyfriend cause he's "too nice". Woman goes for badass that treats her like crap, she cries wondering what she can to to be a better girlfriend to a guy that doesnt appreciate her. Guy dumps girl and moves on to next girl, girl cries and complains that there are nice guys left because she continually dates ***holes. Sound familar? If so then I rest my case.
 spicydesi
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:26:31 PM
Sorry that was meant to read " no nice guys left"
 AI03™
Msg: 179
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:32:34 PM
Sound familar?

Nope. But thanks for generalizing.
 spicydesi
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:37:07 PM
Please thats probably the majority of cases out there
 carribeanking7
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:43:40 PM
Quote :
I am a Mr.right and hot too!
not to seem concieted, which i am not.
the matter of the fact is that Mr.right should be all those things a women dreams or hopes for
hot, romantic, sexy,funny,understanding,patient,well endowed,sincere,trusting, etc,
you see this is why we are so hard to find.

Nah thats not what they want......they are intrigued by multidimensional madmen like myself..
stop reading Mills & Boons romance novels-you are not a teenaged girl
 AI03™
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:54:15 PM
Please thats probably the majority of cases out there

And that, right there, is your problem, in thinking we are all alike. Wonder when the gender bashing will end.. never probably. SAD.

@KING. hehehhehe
 slackerboi
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/14/2005 12:24:32 AM

Can anyone tell me why?

95% of the men in your age bracket just want to get laid. Relationships are a means to an end.

Just enjoy yourself for a while, don't worry about settling down and making babies until you're in your 30s.
 fun1
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:57:55 AM
Mr. Right is a fantasy guy!

He does not exist anyplace other than Cosmo but the he is just words and congesture.

We all have faults and some people just have to learn to live with the faults we all have and stop trying to change people to make them into your vision of perfect....we are all individuals.
 GoddessThemis
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:35:29 AM
Fun 1 - you are right. There is also no such thing as a "perfect" woman. The closest thing to "perfection' would be to meet someone who accepts and will like you just as you are, including the flaws.
 ryguysmom
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:41:27 AM
I think that fun1 is right ... I thought that I found him and he wasn't.... I thought Mr. Right had to have all these certain things and you know...he doesn't, he jujst needs to love me and my son, and respect me for who I am and what I do.... and just so the author understands... there are no angles or bells going off when you meet someone, whoever said that needs a shot in the arm.... keep going hon...the guy for you is out there you just need to step back and not worry so much about it cause I'm pretty sure that there's something else in your life that your neglecting ...go out have fun cause your young....worry about growing up later cause most guys our age are the same way.
 pete__31
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:56:16 AM

There is also no such thing as a "perfect" woman. The closest thing to "perfection' would be to meet someone who accepts and will like you just as you are, including the flaws

While there may not be perfection, some are further from the target than others......alot further.
 jaypz83
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/14/2005 8:37:42 AM
I think that we are all not perfect. We will never be. However, I think a lot of women should start evaluating the cross-sex friends they have. Someone that really knows you. Many average guys are good friends with the women who seem to go for the good looking jerk. If these women start to evaluate the qualities in those cross-sex friendships maybe they might find that their friend was something that you want to try out. I understand the whole notion of attraction. I get it. When we are in school we didn't date someone because of their grades. However, when we all get older, we can see it transcend or change. As older adults the things we look for tend to be PERSONALITY traits ie Make me laugh, Caring, etc. However these traits require work. You have to get to know the person for you to see them. My suggestion would be to lower your standards somewhat. Because when we start getting really old those attractive flaws fade. But the people that care for you and respect remain intact. Good luck.
 ashley1861
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2005 8:40:05 AM
Mr. Right is confused and hanging out with Ms. Wrong.
She's all wrong for him but he can't figure it out; confused by the mammary glands or something?....
so then, maybe he's not really Mr. Right?
 daryn69
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/14/2005 8:46:07 AM
He doesn't exist . . its kinda like Santa Claus. . . .sort of a legend . . fairy tale like thing.
I believe you might try looking in a marvel comics magazine, could be one there . . .
 spicydesi
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/14/2005 9:29:08 AM
And that, right there, is your problem, in thinking we are all alike. Wonder when the gender bashing will end.. never probably. SAD

Note how i said majority not all.
 GoddessThemis
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/14/2005 1:26:30 PM

Typical scenario:

woman says she wants nice guy, nice guy comes along, woman doesnt see nice guy as a potential boyfriend cause he's "too nice". Woman goes for badass that treats her like crap, she cries wondering what she can to to be a better girlfriend to a guy that doesnt appreciate her. Guy dumps girl and moves on to next girl, girl cries and complains that there are nice guys left because she continually dates ***holes. Sound familar? If so then I rest my case.

I have to disagree with your statement - ONLY because you did not explain WHY we (women) date jerks and HOW it happens. We do date jerks, assssholes, whatever you would like to call the men that treat women like dirt. BUT, these jerks do not come off as jerks on their initial meeting as it would be an impossibility for them to even get a date if they show their true colors to us first. A man who is trying to get a date with you will say and do things for a women and then when he is in his comfort zone, he will start to treat the woman bad if he is indeed a jerk.

I have never ever ended a relationship because a man is "too nice" - why would I or any reasonable woman looking for Mr. Maybe (as I am a realist I cant use the word 'Right') ?

Spicy I hope this helps, do not mean to offend but just to maybe clarify what you said. Yes, your quote is true, but there is a reason why women wind up with a bad man.
 Hijack
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/14/2005 2:05:30 PM
Perhaps both sides forget that a relationship, any relationship, takes work and effort. Maybe because both sides forget to communicate their needs and wants.
 bigirish
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:52:21 PM
Maybe cuz your not in edmonton little girl. im here, youre there.:):)
 TechnoBear
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:19:09 PM

Can anyone tell me why?

Because Mrs. Right keeps moving the goal post. Some people just LIKE drama!

I'm a Mr. Right, and I had to kiss a lot of Princesses before I found my Cinderella!

LOL
 TechnoBear
Msg: 196
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:21:22 PM

The closest thing to "perfection' would be to meet someone who accepts and will like you just as you are, including the flaws.

Hear, Hear!
 FucNicNames
Msg: 197
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:34:22 PM
There is no Mr. Right. if there was then there would be no need for searching pain and heartache .... watcha gotta find is Mr.NotSoBad or Mr.NotWrong.... alotta problems still ....but without sadness there is no happiness..
 FucNicNames
Msg: 198
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:36:34 PM
True ... not any nice guys but plenty of kinda nice guys and non***holes but might as well be a nice guy considering like you said they go overlooked
 Evilblueyes
Msg: 199
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:45:26 PM
Because I live in Norfolk, Virginia and am stuck on a old Aircraft Carrier
 KAMagillicuttie
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:00:43 PM
who says you can OWN a woman/man anyway?? It'll be the highway if a man ever said "I own you" to me. It takes a while but eventually you'll find "the one", you just have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard to find Mr.Right?