Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are women afraid of Attractive guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brownsugarbabes
Msg: 26
Are women afraid of Attractive guys?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Nope atrractive looking men dont intimidate me.As long as their personality is as attractive as they look no problem..

But if their personality is ugly no thks...
 travisty
Msg: 27
Are women afraid of Attractive guys?
Posted: 10/5/2005 7:56:02 PM
women are afraid of attractive guys after they have sex with them and finally realize the guy only wanted sex in the first place and could care less about the girl.
 Always Smiling35
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:28:53 PM
Is the OP insinuating he is attractive?

FlyinHollander
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:33:52 PM
Read his profile, I think he might be...
 nottaprincess
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:54:56 PM
Actually, I love attractive guys...find I have to let them go though because the ones I have been involved with are either self centered and don't realize there is a world outside of the gym.....or they aren't that bright...

Oh man...I sound like a guy!!!! lol

Linda
 Ts pet
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:00:10 PM
nope but they sure oare of us ugly ones ;)
 ALPHAMALE12
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:04:09 PM
I think they are and oh yeh "nottaprincess" the gym is an important thing-it takes you away from the harshness of the "real world"
 nosoup4u
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:06:30 PM
Must be, they seem to run from me all the time or maybe I eat too much garlic
 honestly_over_your_knee
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:15:02 PM
Hmm...sometimes I can find an attractive guy intimidating, but moreso because his attractiveness spans physicality, personality, etc. A guy who is simply "hot" gets little attention from me unless he projects some serious intelligence and lack of arrogance. In my experience, extremely attractive guys are either brainless or have enough confidence for the entire city population. Neither is a trait I'm willing to deal with in a relationship.
 nosoup4u
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:18:00 PM
I see youv'e met manoman
 da1udesire
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/6/2005 4:52:06 AM
Hi,
Your story about your guy and you put a smile to my face.
I am a little overweight and uncomfortable with myself. My ex recently broke up with me cuz he thought I didn't look good. And reading your story gave me some hope that men don't mind a few extra pounds - 15 to be exact.
Anyway, I wish you and your man the best!
M

Thank you Daisy.... I read your pro and looked at your pics.... you are very pretty, seem active and look in shape to me.....

I don't know how long you were with this guy, or how serious it was... so please forgive me for saying this, but if he left you beause he thought you did'nt look good... then he's not worth missing girlfriend... There are "Plenty of Fish" in the sea... good luck!
 brawnydog
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/6/2005 4:53:43 AM

but I also have days where I feel, well, like a cow...

Call me. We'll graze.

And reading your story gave me some hope that men don't mind a few extra pounds - 15 to be exact.

In a heartbeat, darlin'.

I dunno how well I can brawnify this to the topic.....but:

I think that it is the same way for men. Personally, I'm not intimidated by beauty. I'm an average guy that has had many gorgeous women. And most of my friends are above the "average" line. Why? Well, the fact is that these women get asked out less than women of normal attraction. Guys think that they will be shot down and humiliated. If they had enough sence to talk to the beauties...and treat them like any other woman...they would find that they are simply women. Same feelings, desires, problems...and the same need to be held, made laugh....and to be able to cry. Ever notice that when the lights go out, she is still the same person, even though you can't see her? Of course there are stuck up bytches that wouldn't give a guy the time of day. But, they are mostly digging for gold...not for
Adonis.

nergal
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:14:56 AM
I agree Brawny, its about treating people as people and not raising them up on pedestals. The only way I'd put a woman on a pedestal is to look up her skirt... Mind you I'm cheeky enough to ask them to raise it too. Anyone that constantly declares people to be out of their league maybe needs to look at themselves and raise their game, self depreciation is rife these days, too much emphasis in the media on pretty boy/girl looks and money. Too many beauty product companies out to make a fast buck ...
 cheatingheart
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/6/2005 7:42:02 AM
Wow...I think that's the most serious thing I've ever heard from Brawny....Here's my take, from a female's perspective....I am totally intimidated by good looking guys. It's not that I don't put them on some type of pedestal or view them as unattainable. It's that I think I think that they will only look at me on the surface and not take a moment to really look at me for who I am. Call it self doubt, call it an assumption on my part...I just don't feel that I can compete sometimes.

Now, if an attractive guys is interested in me or approaches me...then it's on and all of my self doubt and fears goes away.
 elle j
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:14:11 AM
I think what Brawny says is pretty accurate. I have been often told that I don't act single. They assume that I am in a relationship. I have been told told by more than one man they thought I was married even though I don't wear a ring.

I am a very outgoing person, but can by shy around men. Especially if I am attracted to them. I would think perhaps the same could be said for some attractive men. I know I am certainly guilty. Not that I don't think I am worthy, I just assume they would be with someone too. How often have you told someone that you can't believe they are single because they have so much going for them?
 indigo rose
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:29:24 AM
good job brawny..nice to see your heart shine
 TheDevilsAdvocate
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:38:12 PM
AWWWW, Brawny, I'm sure many women would moo you any day after a message like that (not that they wouldnt have before the message, but you get my point)

Maria XOXO
 Blastkist
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:40:39 PM
Most attractive guys have egos the size of Texas. So,I tend to go for Mr. Average to nice looking...they aren't so spoiled by women fawning all over them 24/7...very annoying.

And listening to them whine over all the girls chasing them is downright nauseating.

I'm not afraid of an attractive man...he oughta be afraid of me though, as I love to adjust egos...especially if they are out of whack!

If your personality is ugly, who cares how cute you are? You're useless to me!
 babycakes318
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:00:30 PM
no way mate sexy guys are just hot i know they all want beautiful girls but its great to look
 Pgooperman
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:27:48 PM
I don't put a lot of importance on a person's looks. I know we must account for chemistry and looks are part of that, but I personally would rather get to know a man before seeing his pic. Then I don't form a preconceived opinion of him, and I already know if I like him before I even see what he looks like. For me it's more about personality and character that make me attracted to a man. So if a guy is drop dead gorgeous, it doesn't mean that much to me. And Blastkiss, I gotta agree with you wholeheartedly on your last paragraph:

If your personality is ugly, who cares how cute you are? You're useless to me!

I also do tend to think that very handsome men have huge egos and are more superficial, but again, if I don't see him before I get to know him, he could be a great guy regardless of what he looks like. Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So just because one person thinks someone is really attractive, doesn't mean everyone thinks that person is really attractive.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/6/2005 9:41:07 PM
nope... I'm not intimidated by anyone.. men or women..... I'll talk to anyone
 c_deacon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2005 9:43:29 PM
Toooooo ugly to comment.......smiles
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/6/2005 10:05:59 PM
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT ya whatever !!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/6/2005 10:13:31 PM
This is a thread that apparently doesn't apply to me. But I wanted to say to those who have found someone that I really wish you the best. Just take it one day at a time, have fun and may they turn out to be your true love.
 cancercarless
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:17:31 AM
Yes. I know when I'm out at the cafe and a girl is checking me out, she won't talk to me. Maybe she is shy, not intimidated. I don't look very intimidating. I look like a nerdy version of George Clooney, so I've been told. Everyone is a little shy when they see a hottie. Happens to me all the time. A girl blows my mind and I can barely breathe. That is where you have to take a moment to realize all you have to do is start talking to the person and they will appreciate your boldness. So girls, next time you see a stud, give him a wink and let him know you want his attention.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are women afraid of Attractive guys?