Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 'toooo many fish in the sea?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Smile-Hello
Msg: 151
'toooo many fish in the sea?'Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
It took me over two years to realize what a great fisherman they were. I had swallowed the bait hook, line and sinker! I began to sense the signs but was reassured they were just chatting with others and telling them they were involved and had a partner. So, I finally got the courage to find out, realizing I'd have to face the truth and accept it. So, I decided to go fishing and searched for the right waters to catch my shark in. I found 7 different waters they were fishing in and stopped my search and set my bait. The shark bit on my 'bait' on 2 of them, within 2 days!
 rockinchris
Msg: 152
view profile
History
'toooo many fish in the sea?'
Posted: 7/6/2008 5:15:21 PM
Yea, we can afford to be way more picky, perhaps, but why's this a bad thing? Divorce rates are on the rise, and I have my own little idea as to why. Divorce used to be such a taboo thing that you had to be in a terrible situation to even think about contemplating about the idea of divorcing your partner. So when that swell fella from the box social turns out to be a self centered jerk and useless (remember, you weren't allowed to live with him before you married either) and absolutely intolerable, you just grin and bear it.
Today, if things go sour, you serve up divorce papers and join the other 1/2 of the class. Divorce is fine and dandy is you've got no kids, but once they get mixed into the equation, you start having innocent casualties, who happen to "mean the whole world" to you. Then you're left with a tough one, stay together in misery for the kids, or "screw the kids, they'll adapt" and divorce.
So, lets go back to "too many fish". Well, I can be more selective when picking my future wife. This, in theory only of course, should raise the chances of a successful marriage. That's not to say that this great power is being used with great responsibility, but at the very least opens up the possibility. Coming from a rather divorced family (from my grandparents down, no marriage has succeeded yet) I've seen how hard divorce is on kids and I'd hate to run my kids through that ringer. I'll gladly sit on my boat and fish until I find one that's juuuuuuuuuust right in hopes of not having to tell my kids "Daddy and Mommy love you, just not enough to deal with each other".
 STH III
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 11:12:07 PM
truth is, nice looking women get lots of emails and guys don't get too many. I only wish I could get as many emails as some females I have known. Most women say they want the nice guy that can say what they feel but from what I see it is mostly looks and age. I am a very young 55 but a lot of women wont even let you write to them if you are over 45 when they themselves are in their forties.
 b1fqdn79
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 12:22:44 AM
If you are patient, true love always has a way of finding you.
Just believe and it will happen.
 seaga
Msg: 155
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:35:41 AM
well ever heard the saying :"too much of one thing is not always good"?..well it definitely have some correlation to the topic at hand. Because of teh fact that peopel have so many choices, they can sometimes make teh wrong decision, but not only that; but having a lot of choices can make a potentila partner from you, if you have a little "flaw" etc. The point is that it makes a lot of people picky, too choosy etc. and that isn't always a good thing. But at the same time its good that there are a lot of fishes here, simply because we have options. LOL..its weird but there is good and bad to having so many fishes. what can I say. Like they say, there are "two sides to everything".
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/8/2008 9:06:40 PM
might be a case of some women looking for the perfect man what with so many choices on here.
 nbman35
Msg: 157
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:13:04 PM
yes i agree with u on evrything u said OP.
if only people stop for a second and realise not to trow away just evryone that doesnt corespond to one small little thing they want.im sure in other ways of meeting people dont do it as much but online its making people more picky and quicker to discard anyone for any dumb reason.
when u give too many choices to someone they become spoil and think that quantity means quality but it doesnt.i would never trow away one good women just for a small thing just cause i have 10 messages in my inbox waiting for me to read them.
this one good women could be better than all 10 put together so thats why.
if only most people were smart enough to realise that.
 *in*spired
Msg: 158
Posted: 9/4/2008 1:32:38 AM
She said, "But they keep trying to steal my bait!"

angel6218
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 2:54:35 AM
I think your spot on , there are simply too many fish,& I am just a little pilchard in the shark tank....
but hey im still swimming..Just
Angel
 ytsejammer
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/4/2008 6:24:16 AM
Too many fish in the sea?!!!...let me guess OP that you live in a city and can probably get a few hundred choices if you do a search of around 15 miles from where you live!!!.....when I do that search (ages 34-42, non smoker, with a pic (thats hardly being picky!!)), I have about 20 results come up...so NO is the answer to your question, there may be too many fishes in the seas for YOU, but its not the same for everyone!!
 Love you Love me
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/4/2008 6:41:55 AM
I think there are too many options for us all. We go out with someone nice and then we think there just might be someone a little bit better around the corner and then maybe just try one more and so on. WE always want someone just a little bit better.

I agree, we do have far too many to chose from. Yet, we never should settle. It is a fine line that we cast out there in the water to catch or perfect fish. Problem is...... there is not a perfect fish.
 ytsejammer
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/4/2008 7:01:37 AM
I think there are too many options for us all. We go out with someone nice and then we think there just might be someone a little bit better around the corner and then maybe just try one more and so on. WE always want someone just a little bit better.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And let me guess where you live?!!!! :):)
 kibro5
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:15:25 PM
No, I don't think there are too many. When your fishin you initially will probably go with someone who appeals physically right? Well, lets say you go out, you find you have that chemistry together and click. I don' think you would choose to throw him back because his tail is too short right? No, if you decide to throw him back, I think you haven't met the one your searching for. Be patient, good things come to those who wait.
 khfox
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:06:54 PM
YES i agree to tooo many fish and not only that if you have photo's like im one who some times doesent look good in photo's why should you be judged by your photo's
 Sheri L L
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:19:29 PM
I send kudo's to this site, its opened up a whole new ocean for me to explore. But I do admit there are alot of bottom feeders that really belong in the canal as opposed to the ocean they currently reside in.
 HumorMe*
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:23:46 PM
callendargirl!

excellent point! Hmm, i think that's what it is....
 silentplaya
Msg: 167
Posted: 3/1/2009 7:33:24 AM
People are becoming to picky, i go to the bar no problems, on here its like pulling teeth.....Bottom feeders, cod what a nice way to look at a human being, just because someone isn't drop dead gorgeous doesn't make them bottomfeeders, and what makes me laugh the most the people commenting on the bottomfeeders are not hot, or anything special, so leave well alone, stop calling people names, and just talk to the people you want to, not difficult, but to go around calling people names, we in pre school again?????
 arcticdude
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2009 8:08:16 AM

Are we becoming too picky now that we have so many choices?

The sheer numbers boggle the mind, true, but that, in my mind, does not translate into actual ‘choices’!

When you start weeding, and are ‘weeded out’ by others, I wouldn’t think there are all that many ‘fishies’ left to sift through.

This is ultimately just an ‘introduction’ service. We still have to eventually meet and evaluate the ones we choose…and that is done the old fashioned ways…

I don’t see a problem here with being picky. Maybe the more careful we are to find someone compatible, the more likely things will last…

I’ve not found anything mutual yet, but I’m happy with the process.
 enginebuilder55
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2009 9:14:12 AM
It a great website for dates. I never judge by body type just inside her heart and mind. Some women answer me and some don't . I'm never going to get a model or rich women. I have realistic expectations with the ladies in my area. Some women around here are very picky not me. I want to know more about the ladies. A picture or no picture , a parargragh and a few questions cannot tell the whole story about a person expecially in my age group. Many ladies have done so much more then their profiles. Like anywebsite we all have to expect not all is going to be right with the people on the internet have good intentions. I believe some people want to just chat on this website without trying to date. Dating today is tougher then the past. The internet is a great research tool but we all have to pick up the phone and make the initial contact. I think some people have reservations about meeting people. If there are to much I feel there is just enough to keep me active.
 spinnakerset
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2009 12:05:59 PM
You cannot be too picky. Lack of pickiness can lead to divorce much easier than being picky. You cannot settle for someone just to have someone. I don't want just anybody I want someone who I can truly connect with on all levels and it is not someone I think I will find easily...that is okay.
 sweeetface
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/1/2009 1:37:13 PM
wow..you are so right though..how many of 'us' look at it as if there are MORE fish in the sea? So, we want that perfect person for 'us' as in personality-wise, but then do we get caught-up in trying to find 'the perfect' all the way around perfect, person?! I work in healthcare and a little older lady told me today at work 'honey, while I never think a person should settle, that one guy that works here..he's single because he's too picky..he told me himself'..she went on further to explain to me some fundamentals of relationships....I just LOVE and ENVY older folks..they really know some things that our world has lost some insight of in terms of relationships-given this day and age, in my own opinion of course ;-)..But to really think about this topic here...are 'we'(including myself) really soo picky that we just think 'oh well, there is another fish in the sea', so to speak? That's a thought to really really ponder!!!
 jo jojack
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 10:36:58 AM
hi ...I am very new...but since I have been on here I have discovered at least 5 guys that I know that are living with ladies in a so called long term relationship and are fishing here were those of you that have no clue that they have a woman at home..I am sure that some of you are truly looking..but I had a rude awaking last night when my friend called and said my ex had wrote her...and he has been in a relationship for several years and my kids are with her every weekend...god and he is meeting people here...he has done this for years in our relationship and at least two others....he makes people think he this innocent fellow..just the boy next door..never hurt a flee...RIGHT.....You ladies be careful...watch your hearts...My friend is going out on her first date with someone from here...so I am hoping that it works out for a second date .....Just dont give away your heart too soon....I know love is out there...church ...dance clubs....helping at something selfless...working alongside people who have simular goals.....are good ways to meet someone who is of like heart.....fishing looks gooood today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 abelian
Msg: 173
Posted: 7/15/2009 1:01:10 PM

my question is.,,, ARE THERE TOOOOO MANY FISHES IN THE SEA!!!. Are we becoming too picky now that we have so many choices? When gramma met grampa at the box social (whatever that was) at church, did he have this many fish? When our parents met in highschool , didnt they search and choose from the smaller crowd. Now we have the option of thousands.

There are never too many options. There are only people who are too stupid to know when to stop looking.
 Opequon
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:16:16 PM
"There are never too many options. There are only people who are too stupid to know when to stop looking. "

So very true!
 nnne
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2010 5:19:17 PM
Maybe we have been married before. Perhaps this is why we have become picky. Besides what is wrong with throwing the fish back if it is the wrong one. Why not wait for the right one , even if it takes a while. It is not that bad being on our own for a while.
Nne
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 'toooo many fish in the sea?'