Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 226
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?Page 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
No way. Wouldn't have become involved with a man in the military when I was younger, now, or ever. My father was in the Air Force, and the constant moving sucked beyond words. It is a truly horrible way to live. As soon as me and my sister would get established at a new school and make friends, it was time to move again. I spent my 13 years in military hell and will not go back to it again!!!
 flsoldier
Msg: 227
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?
Posted: 5/31/2006 5:18:11 PM
Interesting thread.

When I first enlisted ('98), I would say the percentage of women willing to date a guy in the military was rather high. I can't remember any woman saying she wouldn't date me simply because I was IN the military.

Because of what's going on in the world lately? My personal experience the past few yrs has left me with the huge realization that percentage has dropped like a rock.

-Colin
 Huggie_Bear
Msg: 228
Posted: 5/31/2006 5:23:44 PM
Yeah, I know.....Im glad Im out.....too much is going on for my tastes and my skills in dating went down the drain.
 hicktownhottie
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/31/2006 5:30:14 PM
I would...from what I hear military men know how to treat their women..
 commonsens
Msg: 230
Posted: 5/31/2006 5:55:04 PM
I have been a soldier for many years while in a relationship; true it is hard from time to time to be deployed overseas and be away form the one you love and trust; but the reunion is even sweeter and the days togheter are a wonderful blessing.
And to tell you the thruth: knowing that someone was waiting for me when I return made me a bit more careful and attentive to my job and task..so I can come back "whole".
So thanks! Lara, in a way, where ever you are now.
 tonka1
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 7:42:50 PM
HELL YEA!! There is nothing more sexy than a man in an uniform. There is something about the integrity and honor of a man that serves his country. I met a man right before he went to Iraq and we correspond as much as we can. Because we didn't know each other that well, we put our relationship on hold until he gets back. Only time will tell if we hook back up. It is definitly a different lifestyle that is not right for everyone. You would have to have alot of trust between each other....but let's face it....if a man wants to get some he will as will a woman. The occupation should not determine wheter or not you date, marry or love someone.

My hat is off to all men and women who do this for a living!!!!!
 memori
Msg: 232
Posted: 5/31/2006 8:40:57 PM
If I loved the man then it would not matter if he was in the military. It is hard though I know because i have two brothers and an uncle in the service who was in Iraq and all of them are married. It takes a strong love and a strong woman to make it last.
 1kitty
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 8:55:04 PM
i would most definately date or marry a guy in the military,i have dated a few guys wo where in the service but i married someone who was not ,and he cheated on me all the time ,while i remained faithful ,it was kinda the same scenario because he worked construction and was always gone ,so it doesnt matter if they are in the military or not .if a person is gonna cheat they will .its more of a question on what kind of morals a person has . I for one have a profound respect for military and could never cheat on a person ,especially one who is trying to make this country safe for me and my famliy ,and the guys look so hot in their uniforms ,lol.
 Thankfulsweetness
Msg: 234
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:31:39 PM
The answer to your question I would in a split second. If you can npt except someone for who they are and what they do for a living then you shouldn't be with them. If you love someone and your love is true then it should not matter that they are abroad. If you plan on playing head games with these guys don't bother with them, they go through enough, they want someone to love and come home to not sending them dear john letters. In answer to your question , I have no doubt in my mind, I would without hesitation.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 235
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:38:58 PM
I really don't like it when I say it.But no, I would not date/marry a military guy.It's just too mych heartbreak.But I'm really proud of what they do for their country.I mean its not what everyone can do.
 missy_pq
Msg: 236
Posted: 6/1/2006 1:14:05 AM
No question about it; I definitely would. The love of my life is retired from the Air Force and if I had met him 20 years ago, I still would have followed him to the ends of the earth or waited here for him to return. Same rings true if he should ever get called back. When you love someone, you stick together through the bad times as well as the good. (If only he would put on that sexy camouflage for me...... LOL!)
 uk_chick26
Msg: 237
Posted: 6/1/2006 3:05:01 AM
sure if he was the right guy for me. my b/f and i both have to work all over the uk and all though most of the time we now work together we have been apart for months on end.

all i can say is that you have to have a strong relationship and have to be able to trust each other. but i think you need that in any relationship for it to work.

i think people pay far too much attention to the wrong things and forget the basics of a relationship. if you love each other then you get through both the good and the bad times. and hey the army isnt so bad now as they have phones and msn to keep in touch.

just remember when they are miles apart the phone sex can b just as good for each other then when they are there with you.
x x x x x x x
 uk_chick26
Msg: 238
Posted: 6/1/2006 3:11:46 AM
yeah but u get that if they are in the army or not. you have to judge each person on their own merits.not everyone in the army are the same. u get good and bad, same as everything else.
 uk_chick26
Msg: 239
Posted: 6/1/2006 3:16:22 AM
hey i work away from my b/f but i would never cheat on him.its not the workin away that makes people cheat. if they are that way inclined they will do it no matter what they do. you just need to find someone who has self respect and respect for their partner.
 JohnyPhoto
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2006 3:23:39 AM
GOOD CALL!

I know that a LOT of women have bad experiences with military men (either here in Canada or anywhere else) but you gotta consider that enlisted members come from every corner of society. There are those who have nothing better to do than sleep with every woman they can find, be they in a relationship or not, but there are those who are actually honnest, wonderful people...

Keep that in mind before you start calling every military man a cheater an whatnot. Yes, it happens, I've seen it on quite a few occasions but you can't reject someone just cause of their job. Give them a chance, see what they're like then decide whether or not you wanna invest your time and affection.

I know by experience how frustrating it is when people don't trust you simply cause of your chosen career. Hell, I've gone out on dates with women who'd accuse me of cheating on my "wife" (who doesn't exist) and idiocies like that. It's just stupid to be like that to someone for no reason, come on people, wake up!
 flik66
Msg: 241
Posted: 6/1/2006 7:13:24 AM
yes i would date a guy in the forces, and i can guess that it takes alot of trust between the 2 of u, that the relationship is going to be kept to 1 partner, and not say "a girl in every port".

My dad was in the navy, so i have experience of having to wait for months on end, for them to come home, plus the fact that they can have plenty of other women whilst their away from their loved ones!

It would b hard going, but as long as the guy was trustworthy, then i would date/marry a guy in the forces
 FeistyLilLady
Msg: 242
Posted: 6/1/2006 7:53:17 AM
I have dated and am dating a guy in the military. These men are ordinary people and deserve the same respect as any other person. Where I am from, people stick up thier noses and totally disregard what these men are here for: to fight for you and your country. I have friends who are being deployed in August and then some in January and my man is being sent no later then January 2008, to Afghanistan. When they are there and when they return, it is thier close friends and family that they will need. It's a scary thought that they might not return, of course, but when they do, it's important for them to know they have someone waiting for them with love and respect. They need people's support. What would we do if these men wern't brave. They have taken the risk in full knowledge of what may happen.

To my friends in 1 RCR and 2 RCR....Be safe and come home.

AICILA
 brassy brunette
Msg: 243
Posted: 8/4/2006 8:42:55 PM
I think I like the idea of how disciplined and self sufficient and extroverted they appear to be and that they would obviously have a very strong quality of self less ness to do what they do to keep peace in war torn countries and create aliances for Canada. However, it has been my experience that some Military guys do not want to date. At least the ones that I did get to know, (only a few) they don't want to commit because they are focussing on thier training, or don't want to get hurt or both, or maybe it wasn't the right time. They want to talk to the women online etc. It has never gone farther than that, in my case anyways in my most recent experience. I don't do the bar scene. So my chances of actually being with a Military guy are next to none. Although, living in Victoria BC. I see alot of them in their uniforms around. They sure look handsome, thats for sure but I am not in that "click" as some of my girlfriends were previously who were married to Military guys etc.

As for the time away thing. I think that certain people could not stand it and stray but those are likely the same people who would sleep with your close friends if given the opportunity to. But thats not to negate that it would be a difficult thing for everyone, I have seen my friends go though it. So the shorter version of my answer. I would date a guy in the Military, but not specifically for that reason, more because of the character of the person you would have to be an awefully strong individual to have that kind of drive to go after your dream, belief and goal. I think that is what would attract me to a Military guy if anything. Would I marry a Military guy, well if I were in love and he was in love and we had a strong bond, of course but that is something I would not take lightly, it would be a decision after YEARS of getting to know him but not specifically because he was a Military guy and I wanted to be a Military wife.
 FormerSmurf
Msg: 244
Posted: 8/17/2006 4:16:11 PM
I'd let some of you ladies date a certain guy in the Army...
 shinxy
Msg: 245
Posted: 8/19/2006 6:55:58 PM
Yes...im in love with one now....and i would in a heartbeat...
It is hard because you have to make the relationship work, but no different than making one work any other time.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 246
Posted: 9/15/2006 8:57:26 AM
Yes, I would date or marry a man in the military!
 shinxy
Msg: 247
Posted: 9/15/2006 10:04:29 AM
Yes I would and especially now if he asked...My ex-boyfriend who has been very close to me since my deployment in Iraq was wounded yesterday in the blast on the army outpost of the 4th infantry in Baghdad. He has a really messed up right leg which I do not know to what extent. He also has some hearing damage and a couple of schrapnel wounds. However, I am very thankful that he is alive and hope that he comes back into my life to stay.
 Cocoacamino
Msg: 248
Posted: 9/15/2006 1:04:17 PM
I used to work away from home all the time, either out of the country or out of my province.......I understand the lifestyle. I would hope if I ever had to go back to that job someone would still want to date me. I found a lot of people didn't trust me or felt free to see other people while I was gone. I would give someone who worked away a chance, but its very hard for people who have never worked like that to understand the lifestyle. Find yourself a woman who's got plenty going on for herself and she'll probably be able to adjust to the time apart. Good luck!
 Sniper308
Msg: 249
Posted: 9/26/2006 3:29:29 PM
For all the complainers here, it's obvious why so many of you women divorce your men once they redeploy.
 an_angel_4u
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2006 6:00:17 PM
I would date a man in the miltary. although right now i would always be in fear for his life, but if that is your man's career, than you accept it, and you wait for him to come home. And when he is home you show him how much you care. It's all about the love!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?